PDA

View Full Version : anyone fishing Wednesday Night?

robmedina
07-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Well I have site visits in Queens NY on Wednesday in the morning and am figuring on traffic being a nightmare coming home. If anyone is fishing Wednesday night and would like some company let me know. I am open to locations. Gunning and running would be great so I can put my flies to the test.

plugginpete
07-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Did you ever fish near Breezy Point? It's a little slow now but still some decent blues and fluke around. Might crush up the flies real good. Or you could always fish behind west end if it's too windy.

robmedina
07-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Thanks Plugginpete. Does NY require any fishing permits? I have a NY Saltwater license but I was looking at breezy point and a little further east at Robert Moses State park and read on RMSP that you need a night fishing permit???? What's that about?

I am thinking that I may get out of NY and hit the jersey side and work my way south.

storminsteve
07-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Dude I went tonight it was raining on and off and spooky fog. nomoco. Did you go out and try with your flies? If I were you I would hit the bay areas, maybe near a river. I didn't get a lot of fish but saw a heck of a lot bait jumping before the sun set. Maybe small peanut bunker or mullet.

robmedina
07-04-2013, 11:39 AM
yup I fished LBI with a friend. I did try my flies but only for a short period (like 5 minutes) I need to go down and just fish by myself and take only my flies and that's it. If I have bait I get too complacent and soak a line. Did get one 26" bass on bunker though. That was a surprise.