PDA

View Full Version : RIP Urban Angler Bob Hill

rockhopper
08-01-2013, 06:06 PM
I found this tribute to him yesterday. Didn't know he died, met him once around 85 st in the E River, RIP Bob one of the good ones.

I wanted to take this opportunity to remember a good friend and mentor of mine, Bob Hill.

I showed up 6 years ago in NYC hungry to fish and not knowing my *** from my elbow in Salt Water. He taught me how to tie my first dropper loop, how to work a bucktail and even gave me a few of his second-hand rods to get started.

He got me hooked on a type of fishing I never knew existed coming as a young kid from Pennsylvania. He made me feel welcome in a strange city and went out of his way to teach me things about living in NYC, fishing, and navigating this crazy life.

He posted occasionally on here as NYCBOB and administered the nycfishing website. He passed away last week and will be sorely missed casting his white bucktail with Red Pork Rind into those murky ER waters.

Farewell friend.

We lost a good one.

rockhopper
08-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Here is his pic and I believe if you search for the Yorkville Angler on youtube you can find his videos.

surfstix1963
08-01-2013, 06:26 PM
R.I.P Bob

storminsteve
08-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Pretty sad he looked so young - rip.

surferman
08-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Agreed, the guy in that picture can't be more than 40. thoughts and prayers

finchaser
08-05-2013, 06:36 PM
RIP may you catch em up in your better place,