PDA

View Full Version : Some cocktail blues eating

madcaster
08-31-2013, 08:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zreye3gQRZ8&feature=share&list=UUvbufyDq_U A3KL6I7iweNqQ taking some video of my products on the beach a month ago and these guys staring feeding right in front of me ....one of the rods I had a small metal lure on it ...I only managed one ...they moved off out of range

madcaster
08-31-2013, 08:16 PM
http://youtu.be/yEaBfMeBJDA the one I caught

hookedonbass
09-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Those were nice size blues for the bay in august, thanks for sharing.

DarkSkies
09-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Good work madcaster. I remember when you first started posting the videos. They have definitely evolved. Short, to the point, and showcasing the product without hype. Very well put together. :HappyWave:

ledhead36
09-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Madcaster looks like you were the only 1 around that day. I love days like that. wtg

buckethead
09-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Catching fish on the beach, awesome.
Catching fish on the beach with no one else around, priceless. Thanks for sharing madcaster. I remember when in the summer, every month except for August you could drive around the Raritan and find blitzing blues somewhere. If you didn't get them in the morning you could find them somewhere one hour before dark.

Then around the first of August there would be weakfish by the thousands. We didn't have to ask where they were on the internet they would just show up one day and not leave until the first fall storms. You were almost guaranteed to catch weakfish either by wading out to the channels and jigging rubber in the daytiime. Dads would bring their kids and families and get them from the docks in the harbors by netting peanut bunker and throwing out dead peanuts. It has not been that good for quite a few years but they were some good times. That was priceless because we just took it for granted that it would happen every year.

plugginpete
09-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Nice going dude a good day of fishing!

fishinmission78
09-08-2013, 01:15 PM
buckethead I remember they used to come in the barny bay like that. They would be around for most of the summer. Then the bay started getting dirty with all the people that turned summer homes into year round homes. Lots of runoff from the lawns too. The final straw was Sandy and all the sand that was dumped on the E side. Hardly any good cuts and holes anymore except in the lower bay. I really think when the mantoloking bridge breached they should have found a way to keep that open. If they did we would have fantastic fishing and cleaner water through the whole bay. jmho

Yep those were the days and dont think they will come back again. Nice video madcaster.

bababooey
09-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I really think when the mantaloking bridge breached they should have found a way to keep that open. If they did we would have fantastic fishing and cleaner water through the whole bay. jmho

Yep those were the days and dont think they will come back again. Nice video madcaster.

They would come back again if everything wasn't up to the Army Corps of engineers. They seem to F up everything they make a decision on. Just making busy work so they can come back in 5 years and do it again.

hookset
09-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Best thing ever to have a northern inlet for barnegat bay. Bababooey the ACOE has had its fingerprints in a chokehold on that bay ever since they got involved. Some interesting facts -

Introduction to Barnegat Bay and the Pinelands
The Barnegat Bay is an estuary (a place where rivers mix with ocean water so that the salinity is in between that of fresh and sea water). It is located along the central shore of New Jersey and is bordered throughout by Ocean County. The system is about 42 miles long, stretching from the Point Pleasant Canal in the north to the Little Egg Harbor Inlet in the South. The Bay is generally very shallow, averaging less than 6 feet deep and with a maximum depth of about 24 feet.
Separating the Bay from the Ocean is a series of barrier beaches and dunes. In the North Bay is a barrier peninsula which is heavily settled from Mantoloking to Seaside Heights, but which has an undeveloped area, Island Beach State Park at its Southern End.
The Bay's main connection to the Atlantic Ocean is through the Barnegat Inlet, which has recently been the target of a large-scale reconfiguration (redirection of flows by dredging and filling) by The United States Army Corps of Engineers. The full impact of this project on the circulation and flushing patterns of the estuarine system are only now being examined.

However, this is far from the first time that the flow patterns into and out of the Bay have been reorganized. For example, from historical charts it can be ascertained that, a hundred years ago, Barnegat Inlet opened about a mile north of its present position. Similar comparisons made at Holgate show that the inlet there has opened and closed several times since the turn of the century.

The limited flow through the Bay's inlets reduces the amount of water flushing into and out of the estuary, making this system particularly susceptible to impacts of human activities within the watershed.

Originally, there was no access to the ocean at the Northern End of the Bay. However, in 1926 the Point Pleasant Canal was opened, linking Bay Head to the Manasquan River. The canal allowed vessels to enter the Bay via Manasquan Inlet, and took 20 miles of ocean sailing off a trip up the coast. However, within months of the canal's opening, shifting sands closed off Manasquan Inlet and ocean access to the Northern Portion of the Bay was once more impossible. It took almost 5 years (until 1931) for the Army Corps of Engineers to dredge a new entrance to Manasquan Inlet and to protect its entrance using Jetties made from rocks removed from under New York city during the construction of the city's subway system.

The restricted flow through inlets means that Barnegat Bay has a tidal range of less than a foot. Thus tidal differences between tidal Manasquan and the Bay (the two ends of the canal) can be as much as four feet, causing swift currents (up to 9 knots) and turbulent waters within the Canal during times of maximal flow. Surprisingly, though, there does not appear to be a substantial inter-change of fresh and saltwater between the Bay and River through this canal.

http://gcuonline.georgian.edu/wootton/barnegatbaypinelands.htm

finchaser
09-08-2013, 05:09 PM
They would come back again if everything wasn't up to the Army Corps of engineers. They seem to F up everything they make a decision on. Just making busy work so they can come back in 5 years and do it again.
Yep the Army Corp of morons sure can it's there job security program

storminsteve
09-08-2013, 08:21 PM
It's like turning a page in a fishing history book reading some of the threads in here. Thanks for sharing gents. Nice video too madcaster. Can't wait till the blues start blitzing on mullet not the small ones we have been seeing but the big mamba jambas.:headbang:

ledhead36
09-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Catching fish on the beach, awesome.
Catching fish on the beach with no one else around, priceless. Thanks for sharing madcaster. I remember when in the summer, every month except for August you could drive around the Raritan and find blitzing blues somewhere. If you didn't get them in the morning you could find them somewhere one hour before dark.

Then around the first of August there would be weakfish by the thousands. We didn't have to ask where they were on the internet they would just show up one day and not leave until the first fall storms. You were almost guaranteed to catch weakfish either by wading out to the channels and jigging rubber in the daytiime. Dads would bring their kids and families and get them from the docks in the harbors by netting peanut bunker and throwing out dead peanuts. It has not been that good for quite a few years but they were some good times. That was priceless because we just took it for granted that it would happen every year.

That brought me back down memory lane. Fishing used to be awesome for most of the summer. Bass and blues would come in at night and crash the bait flowing out of the creeks. Weakfish too. One year we even had false albacore back at PM in Sept there was so much bait. Thank you for sharing that, bucket.