PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

DarkSkies
10-01-2013, 08:45 AM
NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com
**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING. Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED.
Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

**For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time.

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

1. If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:
If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?

2. If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
More discussion on this:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3763)

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free. :fishing:

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
IBSP - Island Beach State Park
LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
CMC - Cape May County
GEI - Great Egg Inlet
TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
BB - Barnegat Bay
CB - Chesapeake Bay
DB - Delaware Bay

DarkSkies
10-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Seamonkey,
you won the plug in the September 2013 random drawing!:clapping: :thumbsup:
PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked! :skunk::D

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!:clapping:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6338&thumb=1&d=1238964999 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6338&d=1238964999)

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340&thumb=1&d=1238965622 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340&d=1238965622)

DarkSkies
10-01-2013, 08:55 AM
** We are past the month of September....This has been the worst September in several years for me.
I hate to present things this way, but that means 25%, or more, of the Fall Fishing season has already passed us....Do you have a lot to show for it? :don't know why: I don't.....

I say this not to put negativity out there.....but to try to rally fishermen that we need to keep active and involved...
1. We need more recreational fishermen at Fisheries Management meetings.
2. We need more fishermen to get involved when there is a Beach Access hearing.
3. We need more fishermen to acknowledge, on message boards and when you are asked to write letters and e-mails, that the Striped Bass numbers are down......

4. And to try to have discussions about sustainable harvest limits.(Of course, only if this is what you are seeing.....I am seeing it in my own experiences for the last 5-8 years)

The future of tomorrow's fishing is in your hands....please don't forget to get involved, when you are asked to stand up and be counted......
Thanks for reading....:HappyWave:

robmedina
10-01-2013, 01:04 PM
man you are on the ball this month!:HappyWave:

plugginpete
10-01-2013, 07:33 PM
** We are past the month of September....This has been the worst September in several years for me.
I hate to present things this way, but that means 25%, or more, of the Fall Fishing season has already passed us....Do you have a lot to show for it? :don't know why: I don't.....

I say this not to put negativity out there.....but to try to rally fishermen that we need to keep active and involved...
1. We need more recreational fishermen at Fisheries Management meetings.
2. We need more fishermen to get involved when there is a Beach Access hearing.
3. We need more fishermen to acknowledge, on message boards and when you are asked to write letters and e-mails, that the Striped Bass numbers are down......

4. And to try to have discussions about sustainable harvest limits.(Of course, only if this is what you are seeing.....I am seeing it in my own experiences for the last 5-8 years)

The future of tomorrow's fishing is in your hands....please don't forget to get involved, when you are asked to stand up and be counted......
Thanks for reading....:HappyWave:

dark skies you should not apologize for putting that out there. Its the truth. Even montak and block there has been sucky fishing from the surf so far this year. Where are the fish? They are not there plain and simple. Thank you for the honesty.

BassBuddah
10-01-2013, 07:51 PM
dark skies you should not apologize for putting that out there. Its the truth. Even montak and block there has been sucky fishing from the surf so far this year. Where are the fish? They are not there plain and simple. Thank you for the honesty.

Dark there are times in life when one has to put forth a position that may be unpopular but later on proves to be true. I have never thought you to be shy about posting your opinion. Hope you aren't starting a trend here by apologizing. They laughed at Bob Pond too. Now they look back and see what a visionary he was I confirm your statement that the bass stocks are down and have 25years of logs to prove it. Feel free to get in touch any time you want to look at my logs. Keep up the good work. No apologies needed.:thumbsup:

fishinmission78
10-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Fished ocean county after work. Some bunker just beyond reach. Not many fish on them. One short bass on a danny, released. Water where I was didn't have any salps.

Monty
10-01-2013, 09:38 PM
dark skies you should not apologize for putting that out there. Its the truth. Even montak and block there has been sucky fishing from the surf so far this year. Where are the fish?
The bass are dead because fishermen have killed them.
Another vote for Dark to stop apologizing for his opinion.

zev
10-01-2013, 10:50 PM
1st of the season for me last night. second cast, blurple bomber, outgoing. 26" did some acrobats and mustve spooked any of his friends bcuz that was it for the night. i love october.

DarkSkies
10-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Haven't talked to ya in a while Zev...how ya been? :HappyWave:
I meant to get in touch....the other day I met a woman and her son....fishes your area......they were talking about getting white perch and small bass with night crawlers......you would remember her....she is missing one arm....very nice woman......I'll send ya an e-mail....good to hear you're getting out there....:thumbsup:

Fished the ocean last night, covered long distance...flood tide, perfect conditions....
Swell not bad....water temps perfect.....there had been some bait moving through in the daytime....by the time I got out there, it was a dead sea....but the shooting stars, white water.....dark skies..;).... beginning of the new moon tides (Oct 5)......steady wind from the W/SW........all were enough to inspire wood in the pants....:laugh:... like you read about in the surfcasting articles......unfortunately not a tap for me....:fishing:

finchaser
10-02-2013, 08:58 AM
I guess fish didn't get the memo

chas527
10-02-2013, 01:24 PM
fished the navy pier the last two nights.monday 12 big porgy's 2 spots 1 crocker and two blue fish' last night 10 spots 3 big porgy's 1crocker two blue fish and 1 nice striper 33inches.

DarkSkies
10-03-2013, 11:42 AM
The bass are dead because fishermen have killed them.
Another vote for Dark to stop apologizing for his opinion.

^^ Sorry for the late response here....
Bassbuddah, plugginpete, and Monty.... thanks so much for the kind words. :HappyWave:

As some of you may know, there is no middle ground with me.....I can be very generous...have helped hundreds of folks over the years...given away enough tackle to newcomers to open a small shop....I can also be very moody and stubborn....even some of ya's who are friends....have gotten a hostile reception when you run into me at night if I don't recognize you.....(Monty would remember this...:bonk: ;) :HappyWave: )

I know I can be very "preachy" :argue: :rolleyes: at times.......
And have probably alienated some folks because of it.....
Every day Pebbles reminds me that I more and more resemble a younger version of the Old Grouchy Basstid Finchaser..:scared: :HappyWave:..

I have done a lot of self-analysis over the years and listened to feedback from others...
It has become clear to me that many folks don't like to be preached at, or to....unless they pay you for the privelege...such as at a seminar....;)

Some things that I have tried to be expressly aware of...
1. I have seen there is a divide, between the perceptions of those who fish from boats, and those who fish from land.
2. There are many of us who do both....and those are the ones who I feel understand the big picture better....
3. Others only fish a small area for most of the time they fish, or base their understanding of where the fish stocks are at, based on what they read on the internet....
4. I am a strong Conservationist......There is a big difference between being a Conservationist, and an Environmentalist...anyone who knows me knows of the continuous battles I have waged against Environmentalists, the folks from PEW, and PETA...etc,,,
That being said, I have learned it is not effective to shove my views on anyone else.....

5. I am honored by the reference to Bob Pond..but really am not comfortable with it....
In my fights to preserve fishing for all, and fishing Access, I have traveled the East Coast to go to meetings in support....

However, I am simply in awe of Bob Pond and all he did. There is no way my minor achievements could ever hold a candle to them.....

I know so many more old timers, like Finchaser and his friends, (the original founders of the JCAA),,,,and some of the old timers here....like Surfwalker, the OFFC.. and others....these people, in my opinion, are the true unsung heroes of fighting for our fisheries..:thumbsup:..and again, although I hope when I am dead, some will recognize the work that I tried to do...in no way do I feel I will come close to having made the progress and overcome some of the obstacles that some of these people did....:clapping: :thumbsup:

6. If you want to give credit to someone...give it to them, and yourselves...
Bassbuddah, you were one of the original members who raised awareness about the closed Fishing Access at Shoreham Beach..:clapping:..you and other members here,. have fought in the shadows, in support of Conservation Goals, for many years....you all deserve credit for the strides we have made as fishermen....and helping folks to learn for themselves.....

DarkSkies
10-03-2013, 12:00 PM
My biggest assets are probably
- determination,
- resilience,
- refusal to let folks out there, accept the status quo....
- communication skills
- getting to know many of the old timers in the world of Salt Water fishing, talk with them, and then summarizing and conveying what they have taught.....

* And most importantly, the ability to humble myself, when addressing others.....
:learn:...without that, there can be no progress or growth......

* None of this is gained by preaching, or shoving my beliefs down someone's throat.....
There are still people out there who are highly offended when they read posts about catch and release...or claims that the striped bass biomass is declining...
Some of my family members don't understand why I would go fishing and release the fish....it makes it that much easier to understand why folks we don't know, may judge doing that harshly.......

* I have found education to be the best way....but educating folks, is a slow process....
We are only now, starting to see many of the top people in the fishing world, starting to talk about conservation....
And drawing analogies between conditions now....and those right before the moratorium in the late 1970's....

It's so important to make that distinction between Conservation, and Preservationism/Environmentalism

When you see my apologetic way of writing....it's because I have become aware that folks who have different beliefs, are now checking in our forums.....

** There is an old phrase I try to live by, and look for, in times of uncertainty....."You can't please everyone..." :learn:
I do know that....but don't want to give anyone a chance to discount the message....simply because they are opposed to a small piece of what I may be stating on that particular day....

The message I am trying to get across, is so important.... that I want to feel I am reaching even the most critical opponent....
Hope that clears things up a bit, and thanks for reading.....:HappyWave:

surfstix1963
10-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Surf sucks in NY any fish that do come through are way out there, bass and blues are mostly in the rips out in Montauk, boats are doing well diamond jigging surf is pretty dead out there I hear.

hookedonbass
10-03-2013, 09:01 PM
fished the navy pier the last two nights.monday 12 big porgy's 2 spots 1 crocker and two blue fish' last night 10 spots 3 big porgy's 1crocker two blue fish and 1 nice striper 33inches.

Awesome report chas thanks for sharing.

finchaser
10-03-2013, 11:22 PM
13 bass 16 to 28" all on jig head and salt and pepper rip tide mullet

Monty
10-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Nice reports all

13 bass 16 to 28" all on jig head and salt and pepper rip tide mullet
Nice action, I am guessing Dark was not within 20 miles :HappyWave:

fishinmission78
10-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Picked up an almost keeper yesterday before dark. oc on the beach above the park. daiwa. Nice reports fellas.

robmedina
10-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I fished LBI last night on incoming Wasn't really a get out and find bass kind of trip more of a - get out and fish period kind of trip. Got word of a pod of bunker on the beach in a certain area. Went there with a buddy and saw some dark areas in the water that as time went on seemed to be moving. Not sure if it was a pod of bunker as I have never seen one. I can tell you this- there was no bird or fish activity related to that mass. I through a bunker snag a few times with no results. I chunked some bunker I bought and caught an armadillo, well that's what the skate looked like- he was all curled up and made himself feel larger than it was. Went to the back with the remaining bunker, got some taps but nothing hooked up- hook got logged in the coral or a rock and I was done.

storminsteve
10-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Great reports guys maybe some sunshine is around the corner. Let the light skies shine lol!

finchaser
10-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Nice reports all

Nice action, I am guessing Dark was not within 20 miles :HappyWave:

you are 100% right

This morning 5 AM to 7 AM released 11 bass between 14 and 27 inches caught on jig head and pink finesse as they were goring themselves on rain fish

robmedina
10-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Fin are you fishing north or south? Not specifics of course, but if you are fishing anywhere south of IBSP- that would be of comfort to me.

jigfreak
10-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I remember in the past reading where dark said finchaser has a private striped bass pond he fishes in. Something about helicopter access only.

finchaser
10-04-2013, 10:10 PM
nope in my back yard

hookset
10-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Fished the ocean tonight 5-10pm. East of the parkway. Pretty decent bass bite. Slow blues action to 4# first. Bass gradually filled in with the tide. Picked up 7 bass to 29". Released all. Loaded redfin and chicken scratch bomber. dark its time to get out there. Don't know where you have been lately but I'm tired of seeing you strike out. You deserve some of these fish. If you were there tonight you would have been more happy than dark. lol. Make the time and come fishing before the googs figure it out.:HappyWave:

jigfreak
10-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Bucktails are key right now dude. Been catching a few each time out for the last week. Buck and pork, to 11 pounds. In the back. All still swimming. Water is not so bad in some spots. Dark and Pebbles good to see the site running again. Sent you a PM welcome back. :HappyWave:

SharkHart
10-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Is the hamster finally back on the wheel to get this site running again?:2flip:

robmedina
10-13-2013, 11:22 AM
whoah, welcome back!

J Barbosa
10-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Is the hampster finally back on the wheel to get this site running again?:2flip:

The site is alive...it's alive!

vpass
10-13-2013, 04:40 PM
I thought the fishing was so bad that Dark decided to shut the site down

DarkSkies
10-13-2013, 09:11 PM
^^ Yup, it's so bad Pebbles and I had to go all the way to Rhody to see some bass today.....:moon:;) :HappyWave:

And we did shut the site down to download the latest VB version.
Have to give that girl 85% of the credit, though..:heart:..because of the new versions and the exploits, over the last 6 days we have acquired a lot of programming skills.......and learned a lot about the underside of spammers and exploits............it seems in the last 2 weeks some of the most well known fishing sites have had similar problems....and some of them still haven't resolved them......

Thanks for the laughs...people...believe me for the last 6 days Pebbles and I weren't laughing.....what would I ever do without her? :kiss:

**The fish are finally being caught all over....albeit in limited amounts and fishing windows......good to get the texts that lots of ya's are out there looking and picking away at em....:thumbsup: :fishing:

DarkSkies
10-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Fishing report....fished the back last week at night, while the water was still clean....
Managed 4 short bass throwing small swimmers. It was good to find activity, but in reality it was a slow pick....

It took a while to figure out...started throwing big and not a touch...finally brought it down to some of my smallest swimmers and that seemed to be what they wanted, that night......
Some friends are also enjoying success with bucktails or rubber.... but the windows, as mentioned, are limited....

I'm sorry to be so general in my descriptions, but I was out at 3am on a weeknight, and still had an audience..:don't know why:...there were 2 guys outfitted with about $2k each in fancy gear, right out of the Abercrombie and Fitch surfcaster catalog... who seemed to be very interested in how I was fishing....They had been elsewhere, but came back, and just stood and milled around where I was for about 15 minutes.....I hooked and reluctantly dropped 2 nice fish on purpose trying not to give the fact away that there were fish there....just hoping these guys would leave....finally I stopped actively fishing.....just "pretending" I was...until they left the area....

**With Sandy Hook being closed. and the ocean being so snotty, there are limited places to fish....most of the bigger fish people are finding at night are coming from a short list of areas that are productive....so please try to remember that if you decide to post any pics...thanks...:HappyWave:

surfrob
10-14-2013, 09:46 AM
hey all, first time visitor... though I do recognize some handles from elsewhere ...I'll just say I'm from down in dixie ;)

been too snotty and without enough fish around to even make it worthwhile the last week... in fact, so slow that I've only put in a few outings from the sand the past few months (edit: boat fishing near a local bridge is a different story, just no stripes or blues around there ... yet)

be out on the rocks, starting with the flyrod and once daylight finishing up with bait... at a shoreline nearby "soon" (next week or 2), then we'll see if things actually pick up.

robmedina
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
...there were 2 guys outfitted with about $2k each in fancy gear, right out of the Abercrombie and Fitch surfcaster catalog... who seemed to be very interested in how I was fishing.....I hooked and reluctantly dropped 2 nice fish on purpose trying not to give the fact away that there were fish there....just hoping these guys would leave....finally I stopped actively fishing.....just "pretending" I was...until they left the area....

Sounds like they are smart enough to follow the old guy :HappyWave:

finchaser
10-14-2013, 11:20 AM
DS what did you do to drop the fish sing the:

Little fishy get off my hook song????????????????????????????

J Barbosa
10-14-2013, 12:57 PM
hey all, first time visitor... though I do recognize some handles from elsewhere ...I'll just say I'm from down in dixie ;)

been too snotty and without enough fish around to even make it worthwhile the last week... in fact, so slow that I've only put in a few outings from the sand the past few months (edit: boat fishing near a local bridge is a different story, just no stripes or blues around there ... yet)

be out on the rocks, starting with the flyrod and once daylight finishing up with bait... at a shoreline nearby "soon" (next week or 2), then we'll see if things actually pick up.

Welcome - more fly rodders :)

DarkSkies
10-14-2013, 07:30 PM

I was tryin to figure out who ya were, Rob.....:huh:
Your mention of Dixie was all the hint I needed......

People, please welcome one of surf fishing's elder statesmen....:thumbsup:

Internet famous, one of the most prolific posters out there.....with a gypsy wanderlust great enough that even though he now lives in South Jersey, he has probably fished every beach from Perth Amboy to Cape May, at one time in his fishing career.....

Welcome aboard, Rob....
Look forward to your opinions and anecdotes.....:HappyWave:

cowherder
10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Sounds like they are smart enough to follow the old guy :HappyWave:

haha with emphasis on the old!
surfer rob welcome aboard. I don't know you but if dark vouches for you you must be a good guy. Where do you fish out of mostly?

cowherder
10-14-2013, 08:23 PM
I might as well post a report. Tried to fish the surf during the weekend no dice it was nasty. Tried a few places in the back it was windy. Some water was not too muddy but my scouting skills are rusty and all I did was some casting practice with stubby needlefish and storm shads. Not even a bluefish bite off. Glad to see the site up and running again I like the banter here.:HappyWave:

dogfish
10-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Surfrob welcome to the nut house.

bababooey
10-14-2013, 08:55 PM
DS what did you do to drop the fish sing the:

Little fishy get off my hook song????????????????????????????

I wouldn't be surprised if he sang the fish a lullabye.:kooky: That should be the anthem for you c&r guys.:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znd0tIKjsPU

Welcome to stripers and anglers surfrob.:HappyWave:

VSdreams
10-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Dont worry be happy? You guys are nuts.
Hi and welcome surfrob! glad to see the site back up

ledhead36
10-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the asylum surfrob. Look forward to your posts. Fished the bay tonight from the top of the tide to a little after dark. A few little bass and weakfish. All on clams and pieces of spot. We did get one keeper at 29". First keeper of the fall it was sent back for good luck.

J Barbosa
10-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Nice Leadhead!

I was out yesterday afternoon into Dark (quit around 8:30pm) and ran into some good company.

I managed two shorties both fat but one was round. Has two other fish that were on for a few seconds before popping off and at least 12 hits/misses. Water was a bit stained all of my hits came on a rattling plug after jerking it. There was no interest in the teasers yesterday out of all the fish I saw caught none came on a teaser. Tough conditions (still a decent sized surf) felt like I left some key plugs behind in the car but I kept getting hits so I didn't want to walk back.

finchaser
10-15-2013, 07:56 AM
3 bass this AM to 33" all on lead head and chartreuse shaker tail my friend had 2 to 34" all action was from 5:30 to 7 am

bababooey
10-15-2013, 09:15 AM
^^^ Nice, would they be from the renowned finchaser pond? was the helicopter pilot working today?:)

finchaser
10-15-2013, 10:55 AM
^^^ Nice, would they be from the renowned finchaser pond? was the helicopter pilot working today?:)

too windy for him he's more help out front

surfrob
10-15-2013, 11:03 AM
haha with emphasis on the old!
surfer rob welcome aboard. I don't know you but if dark vouches for you you must be a good guy. Where do you fish out of mostly?

Nowadays, just due to time (or rather lack thereof!), Brigantine with jaunts along Absecon Island and surrounding bay areas, which I confess
I do not know well enough to call them "home"... yet

( oh yeah, thanks for the e m b a r r a s i n g l y warm welcome DS :cool:, found this forum while doing an internet search about cinder worms of all things LOL)

finchaser
10-16-2013, 10:51 AM
This morning 5:30 to 7:30 released 2 bass 26" and 31" inches both caught on a jig head and Rip Tide 5" chartreuse tail

finchaser
10-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Played the same stage of tide tonight as this morning 5:30 to 7:30 and released 19 bass to 27" all on 1 ounce jig head and 6" chartreuse silk shaker tail. Fish shut off as soon as it was totally dark.

Monty
10-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Played the same stage of tide tonight as this morning 5:30 to 7:30 and released 19 bass to 27" all on 1 ounce jig head and 6" chartreuse silk shaker tail. Fish shut off as soon as it was totally dark.
Very nice.

J Barbosa
10-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Nice!

robmedina
10-17-2013, 07:27 AM
well I wish I had Fin's report to tell but in reality 1 weakie in 10 miles of surf.

finchaser
10-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Fished the same place this AM adjusted a little for tide 6 to 8 AM released 11 bass to 24" all on jig head and a new tail by AAT that I am testing which worked well but are on the fragile side IMO. On a sad note fish are getting thinner by the tide due to less bait day after day.

vpass
10-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Fished the same place this AM adjusted a little for tide 6 to 8 AM released 11 bass to 24" all on jig head and a new tail by AAT that I am testing which worked well but are on the fragile side IMO. On a sad note fish are getting thinner by the tide do to less bait day after day.

that's awesome!!

I'm hoping to have some luck tomorrow, Finally going to get out.

J Barbosa
10-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Fished for a few hours this evening.

South wind is really blowing making it hard to fish out front.

I managed one bass around 27" on a DSM minnow and my brother got a smaller bass on one of my teasers along with a hickory.

finchaser
10-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Like JB said south wind put them off bite 6 -7:30 this AM 4 skinny bass to 21" all on AAT and jig head

chas527
10-18-2013, 10:28 AM
fished the yesterday morning 1 small striper on clams. went back out on navy pier last night' two porgy's two spots one small weakfish an two nice stripers one 30inches and the other 34 14.8 lbs.nice night

finchaser
10-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Tonight 6 to 7:30 released 3 bass 18 to 20 inches fish were thin and sluggish absolutely no sign of bait. My counterpart released about a dozen 12 to 14 inch micro bass , 3 shad and a sundial on a teaser

zev
10-19-2013, 12:25 AM
finally got the keeper i was looking for this fall on the 17th 0130. almost 30" outgoing at the mouth of a creek on a blurple long a B15a. that thing just catches fish where im from. bait is all over too.

vpass
10-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Out front tonight fished 6:30 to 10:30pm. Moon was way to bright, got the :skunk: tonight. But it was great being by the water. Seen 2 small bass caught.

jigfreak
10-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Didnt like that moon last night either vpass. We need some cloud cover or rain. Managed 2 bass to 12#, bucktails. In the back. Still swimming.

jigfreak
10-19-2013, 08:44 AM
finally got the keeper i was looking for this fall on the 17th 0130. almost 30" outgoing at the mouth of a creek on a blurple long a B15a. that thing just catches fish where im from. bait is all over too.

love the blurple, nice job dude.

J Barbosa
10-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Good stuff guys!

I met up with DonLBI reel (Pun) early this morning to deliver a reel and fish down with him in his area.

Seen one nice fish being dragged off the beach and another guy catch a short.

Some weakfish were caught by Don and his friend but not by me (mine popped off the hook twice :(). The action turned off once the dolphins invaded.

Caught a few hickories and the sand eels are in pretty good down there birds are having fun picking them right out of the wash.

Dolphins are having a blast feeding on the sand eels and small weakfish(?). So many around this morning it felt like I was offshore :headscratch:

Leaves have started to turn colors and it finally feels like fall!

SharkHart
10-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Well i couldnt find them last night the blow out water and bright moon probably didn't help. Got one short. I did hear of very good mid day action on friday to the north.

finchaser
10-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Been a first light and late afternoon to dark bite here then it seems to die off

storminsteve
10-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Well i couldnt find them last night the blow out water and bright moon probably didn't help. Got one short. I did hear of very good mid day action on friday to the north.

That only thing that seems to counteract that moon is when there is a good wind giving the water a little chop.There must have been a good bite fri because I got some good numbers thur night. 23 fish to 28" on ava and redgill. Most were around 23-23". Some were fat but some were skinny like finchaser said. Isn't that strange how one moment it will be skinny schoolies and the next it will be fat footballs. Strange fall so far. Still, happy to get some fish. finchaser I agree most of my fish thu came between 5"30-9pm. slo pick after that.

Fished last night and only one fish go figure

SharkHart
10-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Fools rush in and that is exactly what i did yesterday due to my work schedule and travel I could not make it to the premium time and part of the tide and I knew went anyway with fall fever. the More we put ourselves in a good position the better we do.

Mike O
10-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Finally have something to report, 11 bass to 20" Sat. from 3am to sunrise all hit the teaser @ SH.

Monty
10-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Nice reports, congrats on the action.

seamonkey
10-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Awesome reports guys! I fished cape may this morning. One of the jetties 5-7am. Picked up 23" bass and a weakfish with a bucktail and white grub.Did anyone see the report of the 40lb bass caught in lbi? Wow that was a true cow. Do me a favor guys send some of them down our way!

Blazin420
10-20-2013, 05:05 PM
New here but recognize screen names from a few sites..Seems things have been picking up this week..176391764017641Got out last night w/my bud Dave from 730-130am...Decent night for us.. between the 2 of us we managed 11 bass,2 weakies and a hickory..I landed 5 bass and the 2 weakies..1 of which was a nice 19in fish the other was a spike about 14in...All shorts on the bass the biggest went about 25in..They hit the usuals Visions,SP,needlefish and teasers..Bite was steady from 8-10pm then it slowed but ALOT of short hits..Thats when i told my bud there was weakies around and sure enuff next few casts i land a weakie..Moon was covered most of the night but popped out around 12am..Nice night out with some fish to make it better! Pics of the 2 better sized bass and the weakie!

Blazin420
10-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Wednesday night found a few better sized fish landed 7 biggest 2 went 33in and 36.5in...Big one hit a SP in the wash and the other a Yozuri Mag Darter1764217643

robmedina
10-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Hey Blazin420 good to have you here. I see your post on striprsurf but I can't reply- something goofy with that site- I can't even PM Bob. Oh well. Look forward to your posts here.

As for my report- I could not buy a bite! Started up north in moco- worked my way down through a couple towns and a couple inlets landed in familiar waters- trecked 1 mile each way behind a mass of land that was supposedly a secret spot- after wading a mile we find out we cant get to the secret spot that way and wade back a mile- hit the front side of that land mass and found a conk shell to bring home for my daughter.
That's it-

cowherder
10-20-2013, 07:51 PM
blazin420 here I second what rob said cool to have you here dude!:HappyWave: That is a beautiful pic of the weakie nice going! I fished nomoco last nite and got one short bass and one 28 1/2 " both released. Caught on a needlefish I think I recognize your face from some of the nomoco spots. good to put a face to the name and hope to see you out there one night. There is a lot of good members here they helped me a lot when I first got started and was trying to understand lures and jigs. Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing the report.

storminsteve
10-20-2013, 11:05 PM
I think I recognize your face from some of the nomoco spots. good to put a face to the name and hope to see you out there one night. There is a lot of good members here they helped me a lot when I first got started and was trying to understand lures and jigs. Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing the report.

Yeah I recognize you too blazin, a face only a mother could love.:laugh: Just kidding dude you aren't as scary looking as dark is so you are ahead of the game. Where the heck is the dark one anyway?
I think I remember you from that great sandeel bite we had in NoMoCo in october of 2010. You had a certain spot you fished almost every night in this little cutout area on the beach. Boy that was a great fall wasn't it? Awesome fish and welcome to the site! Look forward to your contributions.:HappyWave:

bababooey
10-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Welcome to the crazy house blazin420, nice report.

J Barbosa
10-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Welcome to the crazy house blazin420, nice report.

Nice of you to join us blaze, welcome to S&A :HappyWave:

I'll be posting up some more tying videos I have bookmarked when I get a chance.

Best wishes for some successful teaser ties :thumbsup:

Blazin420
10-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanx for the warm welcome fellas!! I do remeber that in 2010 Steve that was a good year...hope this fall is headed that way!! Im terrible with names but im sure ive run into a bunch of you guys over the years..John showed me this site seems like a good bunch of guys..Lookin forward to your reports:HappyWave:
Nice of you to join us blaze, welcome to S&A :HappyWave:

I'll be posting up some more tying videos I have bookmarked when I get a chance.

Best wishes for some successful teaser ties :thumbsup:
Cant wait for those vids John getting my tying stuff together hopefully make some this week and start banging fish on them:d

vpass
10-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Thanx for the warm welcome fellas!! I do remeber that in 2010 Steve that was a good year...hope this fall is headed that way!! Im terrible with names but im sure ive run into a bunch of you guys over the years..John showed me this site seems like a good bunch of guys..Lookin forward to your reports:HappyWave:
Cant wait for those vids John getting my tying stuff together hopefully make some this week and start banging fish on them:d

Welcome aboard Blazin. Looking foward to your reports.:HappyWave:

finchaser
10-21-2013, 12:23 PM
I know they don't count but been doing the boat thing and catching bass to 25# and blues to 22# all released. The big school that was off Seabright pulled out yesterday most went through the mudhole and a scattered bunch we followed down the beach. Some of the faster head boats and charter boats are fishing off Jones beach on another larger school of mostly slammers and bass have to see which way they go.

Blazin420
10-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanx Vpass...And sounds good finchaser lets hope they make a b-line for the beach :)..Even the blues i miss landing a few "slammers" here and there

finchaser
10-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Blazin welcome to S&A

vpass
10-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Got out again tonight, and I took my 7wt Fly rod. Got on the beach just as it got dark. I used a Anchovy fly, because I seen them spraying as I was walking on the beach. I fished till 9pm.

I ended up with 1 Hickory, and dropped a few, and 2 Bass about 16 inches each and lost a nice fish that took the line out of my basket before spitting the hook. Lot of hits, but i know they were Hickorys.I Had a great time.

J Barbosa
10-22-2013, 12:05 AM
I know they don't count but been doing the boat thing and catching bass to 25# and blues to 22# all released. The big school that was off Seabright pulled out yesterday most went through the mudhole and a scattered bunch we followed down the beach. Some of the faster head boats and charter boats are fishing off Jones beach on another larger school of mostly slammers and bass have to see which way they go.

They only count if your boat is molded out of polyethylene :d

Seriously though good job you are on a roll lately and the fishing has been generally slow :thumbsup:

I was out this evening and got a nice weakfish on a swimshad. Bass were caught by friend and guys next to us (none by me) mixed sizes all fish holding deep. Moon was blinding action was a little slow but expected.

Blazin420
10-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Couldnt get out last night or tonight,and i perfer the dark,so fished this am 4-9am..Nice brisk morn..Managed 4 weakies 14-17in and 1 bass about 20in and dropped 1 in the wash..All the action was from 5-545am on a burple teaser and small black sluggo on a 1/2oz jig head..Lots of swings and misses..And dropped a few decent weakies,i should have brought my lighter rod..saw a fly land a decent scholie before first light1764417645..By 630 it was all annoying hickorys so i moved on not much after that..Ill be back lurking in night tomorrow hope this wind change and rain stirs the fish up a bit

DarkSkies
10-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah I recognize you too blazin, a face only a mother could love.:laugh: Just kidding dude you aren't as scary looking as dark is so you are ahead of the game. Where the heck is the dark one anyway?
I

^^This guy is a member for a short time and you mooks are gonna scare him away.
Welcome aboard Mike/blazin........ :HappyWave:....hope the jabs and pokes don't offend......lots of ball busting goes on around here...hope ya have a thick skin.........
I can't even seem to get any respect from some of em.... :don't know why:
Steve, we'll talk about how scary looking I am the next time you're lookin for some real-time intel...:moon:.:laugh: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Update....it seems that some places have broken open dating back to 10-14-13......lots of bigger bass are being caught......
I saw some very impressive pics from some of ya's over the weekend...including a 53# some friends managed in the surf at Montauk.....

Trying to keep it real.....it seems to me the bite is very inconsistent.....

**As fin was trying to tell ya's..... there are lots of areas with no fish at all.....even if you are in a boat and can burn the fuel......

Everyone knows about the fish off the SS of LI by now....and the big body of fish that was 1-3 miles off NJ seems to have moved on.....
Congrats to all those people who are getting out and putting in their time.....:thumbsup:

**I'm not trying to preach here....but there are an awful lot of bigger bass that are being harvested...
If you catch your personal best, and it's the fish of a lifetime.....by all means you should keep and eat it if you want....and many congrats to you...:clapping:..but ....without passing judgement on anyone here....there seems to be a fever to catch as many of these fish as folks can......
"Get em before they leave" seems to be the marketing call of a lot of the party boats and charters....

I'm not afraid to stand up here and say that this type of fishing is unsustainable, over the long run....
Again...it's not my place to tell folks out there whether to keep bass or not...they are tasty.....and if you never caught a big one, no one should try to make you feel bad for catching and keeping one....

However, I am trying to find some time to finish the Striped Bass assessment thread we have here...for 2013...
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?7784-StripersandAnglers-yearly-coastwide-fish-stock-assessment-state-of-the-fishery
and overall, I can tell you that the best of the best, captains, old salts, and veteran anglers, who fish regularly....are noticing that the numbers of bass are just not there....

Although there is a big body of fish off the FI/ Jones area right now, there are less fish at Montauk....and if there were truly healthy numbers of bass, they would be all over as part of this Fall Migration that has started.....
That's the main point I'm trying to educate folks about,......as some really do think that if there is a large harvest, more will be "made"..:huh:
(I kid you not, someone sent me a link to a thread where someone states that as their belief..........)

So, without preaching, I am asking all the anglers out there....to consider educating yourselves about the state of the fishery....before it is too late.....thanks for reading.....:HappyWave:

Blazin420
10-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Thanx Darkskies!! Glad to be here! As for the ball busting,Its all good i can take some good ball busting anyday!! Im an easy going guy so no worries..But i can dish it out pretty good my self jsut a FYI :D ...As for your last post..Im with ya the #s of bass are definitly down and somethings gotta give>>>Dont no about anyone else here but im a big C(catch)P(photo)R(reaalese)guy...Ill take one just keeper size fish a year the rest swim away safely!

Ill be out tonight looking to feed some hungry fish and take there pics :D

cowherder
10-23-2013, 08:01 AM
I was out last night in nomoco and it must have been one of those inconsistent nights you are talking about. Could not catch a bass to save my life! The night was saved by hickory shad. Got 5 on a black teaser. Hope to see some bass and big blues soon.

hookset
10-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Out and about i the surf from 9-11pm. moco:skunk:

seamonkey
10-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Fished CM area this morning for an hour. Incoming tide.One 18" bass on a bucktail with pink grub. Looking for weakies but struck out.

surfrob
10-23-2013, 09:51 AM
"Trying to keep it real.....it seems to me the bite is very inconsistent....."

The areas I fish have been pretty much devoid of bass though traveling south (or north) one can get into fish, should change soon with this front blowing in
Wierdest has been the lack of blues, and during a tourney with 200 fishing, very little to show

there were herring, kingfish, 24" redfish, a few short stripers, flounder, sandsharks, spot. No bluefish weighed, no stripers weighed in.

finchaser
10-23-2013, 11:34 AM
They came with the front this AM 6 to 8 AM released 27 bass to 28" all on jig head and salt and pepper riptide fish were clean with sea lice. will try same tide this afternoon. My counter part had 21 a little west of me.

storminsteve
10-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Got out and fished tonight because you have to be in it to win it. Caught one bass, about 23", on a sluggo. Water was clean and it really looked a lot more fishy and I thought this would be the night. This was in nomoco, Goes to show you can't count the chickens before they hatch. finchaser you are really on a roll lately fantastic catching. I want to join the old grouchy basstard club.;)

storminsteve
10-23-2013, 10:08 PM
^^This guy is a member for a short time and you mooks are gonna scare him away.
lots of ball busting goes on around here...hope ya have a thick skin.........
Steve, we'll talk about how scary looking I am the next time you're lookin for some real-time intel...:moon:.:laugh: :HappyWave:

dark you know I was only busting the new dude, and you as well.

I remember last Oct before Sandy you got your friend the biggest fish of his life. You and I were fishing about 2 miles from him and he was playing with himself not catching a thing. You called him in, even waited in the parking lot for him while I went out there and crushed the bass and blues. I don't think he ever thanked you what a turd.
What ever happened to that guy, Rip? It seems you are helping the wrong people. Don't mind if you keep the intel to yourself you should go out and fish more. really miss your reports.
By the way when you are in your hyper mode and shouting at someone what to do to land a fish, you are kind of scary. :scared:One of the most intense dudes I have ever met. Now please don't ban me for saying that.:moon::laugh:

plugcrazy
10-23-2013, 10:25 PM
They came with the front this AM 6 to 8 AM released 27 bass to 28" all on jig head and salt and pepper riptide fish were clean with sea lice. will try same tide this afternoon. My counter part had 21 a little west of me.

Wow those are some fantastic numbers great catch!

J Barbosa
10-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Got back from fishing the surf for a bit.

landed two short bass and a couple of hickories.

I checked the surf cam while at work and I see nice white water which made me switch spots...got there and it was dead flat and just coming off low tide. Some days your the statute!!

bababooey
10-24-2013, 12:12 AM
. Some days your the statute!!

Guess it sucks to be you then!:HappyWave: Only joshing at least you tried.
I'm not fishing the surf till the last week of november this year. Waiting for the emaill from finchaser to tell me its epic. Finchaser nice numbers 27 is outstanding. And not even a boat was used?;)

Blazin420
10-24-2013, 05:53 AM
I got out last night but not to where i wanted to and couldnt fish the tide i wanted..Found out yesterday i have to go up to Albany this AM to pick up a carhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif ..So fished a different area w/my bud...slow night i managed 2 and missed 2 and my bud got 1 all shorts..Fished 730-1130pm...Im with ya John i saw the cams earlier and thought man that white water is a gonna be perfect..Get there and it was flat as a lake..Better than a skunk but expected a little more.. Nice job on the catching Finchaser thats a fun night right there!!

J Barbosa
10-24-2013, 07:00 AM
I got out last night but not to where i wanted to and couldnt fish the tide i wanted..Found out yesterday i have to go up to Albany this AM to pick up a carhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif ..So fished a different area w/my bud...slow night i managed 2 and missed 2 and my bud got 1 all shorts..Fished 730-1130pm...Im with ya John i saw the cams earlier and thought man that white water is a gonna be perfect..Get there and it was flat as a lake..Better than a skunk but expected a little more.. Nice job on the catching Finchaser thats a fun night right there!!

We were probably in the same area but it just didn't feel right last night.

finchaser
10-24-2013, 10:21 AM
double report

Fished last night wind shift caused tide to go out for 2 extra hours do to water backing up in bay all day, which made my plans go up in smoke, had to change my approach and bounce bottom with a jig head and Zooms to provoke strikes released 5 bass to 22" .

Fished this morning 6-8 am and had abnormally long out going tide with wind pushing it managed 13 bass to 24 inches all on jig head and Riptide salt and pepper tail

DarkSkies
10-24-2013, 04:35 PM
dark you know I was only busting the new dude, and you as well.

.......you should go out and fish more. really miss your reports.
By the way when you are in your hyper mode and shouting at someone what to do to land a fish, you are kind of scary. :scared:One of the most intense dudes I have ever met. Now please don't ban me for saying that.:moon::laugh:

Steve, I know you're just busting.....never a problem when you mooks bust my balls.....otherwise I would not have carefully cultivated an internet image of Dark the Goog with the Googan Bucket.... :bucktooth: :laugh:...to help me fish in peace....All good.....and enjoyed.....:thumbsup:

As for the other issue, please do not talk about members that do not post any more....I want to give them that courtesy....
I know I helped a lot of folks to get fish and with their technique.......some appreciate it, some don't...that's the way of the world....let's move on from here.....thanks.....

**I don't have the time anymore that I used to have to fish...or to administer this site....so as stated, this site is really about you people out there....:fishing:

Your reports...
Your posts...
Your threads....
Your ball busting.....
Your lives....which can be pretty interesting, and give me lots of laughs....:)
Your jokes....
It's as busy, or quiet, as you want it to be.......thanks for understanding..... :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Fishing report....fished last night...I didn't want to fish in the ocean because the back bay areas are normally very solid for me this time of year...and on my last trip out I felt I did not put enough time in exploring.....

I was sadly disappointed....it seems a lot of the bait has moved out.....the water is beautiful.....perfect bass water........going back 10 years in my logs I could always pull a few 15-20# bass out of the places that I visited this time of year......last night I found a lot of dead water......

I know the seams and cuts where they are likely to sit....and concentrate on hard and soft structure......it's generally easy to find a few fish.....

Only a few hits and misses.....and that was on rubber fished in the bottom half of the water column....if you were just fishing plugs you would not have contacted those few fish .......

Only had a few hours and didn't stick around for the first light bite.....
There is a pretty decent sand eel bite going on now......but as I mentioned in a previous post, even that ocean bite is not that consistent....

Good luck out there, people....
We're halfway through our Fall Season as of Nov 1....
This week is usually the week when I have gotten fish to 20# and better with ease......

** I'm not willing to blame it on the "water temperatures"...."lack of bait concentrations"...or here's a good excuse...."the fish are still schooled up off of Mass,,,we are still waiting for them"....:don't know why:

There are fish moving along the coasts of LI and NJ...big fish......fish to 53lbs have been caught in LBI already, but not in the surf zone.....and there are high bait concentrations in some key areas...with not a lot of fish in those concentrations.....

With the rates of success I have had at this time, in past years......I cannot accept someone blithlely declaring
"The striped bass are healthier than ever".....:kooky:
It just hasn't been proven in my trips out there at night.....although some decent fish are being caught....

How has your Fall season been so far?
Mine has not been that great....
Part of that problem for me, is I remember how good it used to be....this time of year....and how abundant the fish were....
Maybe I would be happier if I were getting old and senile like finchaser.....and starting to lose my memory....:laugh: :HappyWave:

finchaser
10-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Ok enough babbling and:waaah: go back in hiding^^^^^^^the fish you seek are dead and the remaining ones move further off the Jersey coast every year with the army corp of morons beach replenishment.so accept it or move to another state

DarkSkies
10-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Part of that problem for me, is I remember how good it used to be....this time of year....and how abundant the fish were....
Maybe I would be happier if I were getting old and senile like finchaser.....and starting to lose my memory....:laugh: :HappyWave:

Ok enough babbling and:waaah: go back in hiding......so accept it or move to another state

^^You grump when I'm not available to fish or post my babbling here.........and you grump when I go out there and do fish........man you are one tough customer to please....:moon: :laugh: :kiss: :HappyWave:

PS what size Depends do you take?.....
I wanna stock up, for when you start to lose control of your bowels, and we have to change you twice a day.....ya old grouchy basstid....
:laugh: :kiss: :HappyWave:

captnemo
10-24-2013, 06:33 PM
I know boat fish don't count. There were not a lot of them today anyway. More birds and bait than fish. Ran from the Shrewsbury rocks south. The best activity was around 2-3 miles out. Jigged a few blues to 17lbs and 2 bass 29 and 32". There were lots of sandeels and good readings but the fish did not want to cooperate much.

hookset
10-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Fished nomoco before sunup. Slow pick of runts just across the bar. 4 to 25". Feeding on sandeels. Once it got light it slowed down with bird activity just out of reach. SP did the trick

storminsteve
10-24-2013, 06:47 PM
^^You grump when I'm not available to fish or post my babbling here.........and you grump when I go out there and do fish........man you are one tough customer to please....:moon: :laugh: :kiss: :HappyWave:

PS what size Depends do you take?.....
I wanna stock up, for when you start to lose control of your bowels, and we have to change you twice a day.....ya old grouchy basstid....
:laugh: :kiss: :HappyWave:

Did you forget he's Itailan? He might send some of the boys to take you for a ride, concrete shoes!:wheeeee:
No worries about the other stuff I said, or to mention the other guy was just sticking up for you. Sorry to see you didn't get any fish.
I fished this mornning and got the skunk too.

buckethead
10-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Took the day off to fish. Got into some nice teen bass and blues in NoMoco this morning on rubber and bucktails. All released. Went back tonight and it seems the fish moved on. Picked up 3 bass to 26" on a sluggo.

SharkHart
10-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Buckethead best report i seen in few days, nice, out front?

buckethead
10-24-2013, 11:05 PM
sharkhart, yep. first it was bass gradually slurping at the eels. As it got light it gave way to blues. The action was so little you would not have known many fish were underneath without being there and casting. Then at dusk when I went back for the 2nd round it was like they were never there. Like dark said the fishing is very inconsistent. There was a space of about 6 years in a row when that action would last for weeks at a time once the sand eels set up.
I think there is still too much bait in the bays and the rivers and the sandeels that I have seen are jumbled up in patches here and there. Once the numbers increase we may see a better bite.
Or the bass will continue to follow the offshore route that they are following leaving long island and ending up around island beach, long beach island, or further south before they start to be seen in the surf. coin toss as to how it will unfold this year.

Blazin420
10-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Nice report Buckethead! This in consistent bite driving my nutty...It impossible to nail down a bite.. Ill have to put some more time in to try and figure it out

finchaser
10-25-2013, 11:52 AM
this morning 6 to 7:30 released 9 bass to 28" all on jig head and AAT tails in Mean dine color. Major bite going on now in 70' water Rattle snake area

Blazin420
10-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Worked 3 jettys and some beach last night..Not a single bump!! It was super flat..Felt like i was freshwater fishing!!..I smell like a skunk this AM:skunk:

yardvillejimmy
10-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Fished with OFFC at various spots in NoMoCo on Friday afternoon to dark. It was a three peat of the skunk. :skunk:

basshunter
10-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Fished with OFFC at various spots in NoMoCo on Friday afternoon to dark. It was a three peat of the skunk. :skunk:

Sorry to hear that dark talks about the OFFC all the time hope to meet you guys out there one night. I fished ocean county last night. Like blazin said it was super flat. There were a few bass right over the bar. Picked up 5 to 27" on a needlefish. Fished real slow.

buckethead
10-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Nice going basshunter. Yardvillejimmy don't feel so bad same for me last evening.:skunk:

J Barbosa
10-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Fished after work yesterday from 5 to 8pm caught about 2 dozen shorts that we're chasing spearing. Small clousers were the ticket fished in front of a light jig head with a small curly tail.

Went home took a short nap before meeting up with Rui around midnight. Fished all night and only caught one short bass and hickory shad. Rui got himself a keeper and a short.

I can't seem to get away from the hickory shad no matter where I go.

Cold last night!

SharkHart
10-26-2013, 03:30 PM
headed to SNJ looking for something better, 5 hours many stops only found fish in one creek mouth, got 10 on 4" in plastics, most up to 24" one 27" some rats, fish are thin all over the state, not good

storminsteve
10-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Fished after work yesterday from 5 to 8pm caught about 2 dozen shorts that we're chasing spearing. Small clousers were the ticket fished in front of a light jig head with a small curly tail.

Cold last night!

It was cold this morning too. Damn cold! I fished from 4-8am in nomoco with only 2 shorts to show for it. Threw rubber and metal, finally got the 2 on metal right around sunrise. DS and some of you other guys talked about the inconsitent bite well there you have it. Last week I did pretty good it seems like its either feast or famine out there. If you go to long island they are crushing them on the party boats there. Big blues too. Just give me some monster blues and I will be happy this week is sucking big time.
Nice going on the catch JB, 2 dozen is great! I have been seeing a bite mostly around when it changes from dark to light or light to dark how about you?

storminsteve
10-26-2013, 03:50 PM
headed to SNJ looking for something better, 5 hours many stops only found fish in one creek mouth, got 10 on 4" in plastics, most up to 24" one 27" some rats, fish are thin all over the state, not good

I thought you said last week you were light skies. Now you sound more like dark skies.:scared:
Dude, please we need some more positivity around here. Too much darkness and this site will be swallowed up by the gloom lol.

After the lame fishing this morning I am not so sure about that though. There are sandeels and rainfish out there right in the surf zone and no fish on them. Sucks!

seamonkey
10-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Well add me to the skunk patrol. Fished Cape May this morning with bucktail and white worm. Not a thing except I foul hooked a skate. conditions were real nice but awfully cold. Incoming tide. will be back when its closer to high tide one morning.

SharkHart
10-26-2013, 05:05 PM
I thought you said last week you were light skies. Now you sound more like dark skies.:scared:
Dude, please we need some more positivity around here. Too much darkness and this site will be swallowed up by the gloom lol.

After the lame fishing this morning I am not so sure about that though. There are sandeels and rainfish out there right in the surf zone and no fish on them. Sucks!

My skies are getting hazy....The only positive is the fish off fire island area but they must be hanging onto whatever bait is up there

J Barbosa
10-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Nice going on the catch JB, 2 dozen is great! I have been seeing a bite mostly around when it changes from dark to light or light to dark how about you?

Other than yesterday's action I've just been picking a fish here and there working pretty hard just to avoid the skunk. Like Dark said no pattern to put together here. I thought I had one going into last night and then the fish didn't cooperate. Keeps us coming back for more :HappyWave:

hookedonbass
10-27-2013, 08:46 AM
I'll sign up for the skunk patrol too. Fished somoco this morning. It was outgoing and not that bad. Clean water and no fish. Nice work on the catching jbarbosa and sharkhart.

hookedonbass
10-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Fishing all over must really **** right now. Hey guys I just checked the B&N site and what do you know even he is saying fishing is terrible. Can't remember the last time I saw a report like that from him.

"10/27/13 UPDATED 5:04 AM Other than just a few fish at night, and that's really only of you know what you are doing, fishing during the day in this area has been absolutely awful. Thankfully if you come here to fish, it's nice and easy on you with serene conditions. Other than that, things are terrible."

buckethead
10-27-2013, 10:06 AM
^^^^^I said in an earlier post the fish would be moving off the coast. Hope fall 2013 doesn't turn into a boat only season. Worked a NoMoco beach from 5-7:30 today. Enough bait out there but only the birds came to the table. Managed 2 small schoolies on metal. Took a ride after that to see if I missed anything. Not much at all by the number of "nothiing doing " comments I heard from other fishermen.

SharkHart
10-27-2013, 11:39 AM
I saw that B&N thing too and I thought the same thing, I think I rubbed my eyes to make sure I read it right. One fish to their scales is "blitz conditions" that can't even get that 1 fish in there now, craaaaazy

J Barbosa
10-27-2013, 08:00 PM
LOL, you guys are hilarious. ^.^

Fished the top three hours of the outgoing with my brother. He caught about a dozen short bass mostly around the 16-20" range. Same for me but I feel like I caught a couple more than him with the best one around 25" on a swim shad.

Small clousers in front of a light jig head tipped with 4.5" baby slug-go or zoom flukes. Fish holding in an outflow waiting for spearing to be flooded to them; most spearing I have seen all season.

in the back :)

SharkHart
10-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Sweet Jesus they are weighing in more Redfish then Bass.

finchaser
10-28-2013, 10:54 AM
This morning 6 to 7:30 AM released 5 bass to 24" all on jig head and rip tide salt and pepper tail

DarkSkies
10-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Sweet Jesus they are weighing in more Redfish then Bass.

^^You're right, nice redfish caught 10/25....
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?5746-Lets-see-some-SURF-fishing-pics!!/page6

Don't worry Shark,,,I was told that some of the facebook and internet sharpies are reporting the mother lode of bass is still off the Coasts of RI and MA... because their friends are catching a few.........:rolleyes:

What some folks don't realize is that:
1. a lot of those...... are bass that will be wintering in the main CT rivers that dump out into the Sound...There is usually a hot bite this time of year off many of the rocky beaches and breechways of Rhody as the fish tend to stage there before heading into those rivers....

2. Many of the rest, will move through the Western Sound, move down the E River....and directly into the Hudson....
The true amount of those bass the Central and South Jersey fishermen, (unless they are fishing Ambrose, Breezy, or the Hook) get to see, will probably be a small amount of what they are seeing up in Rhody.......

**Only my thoughts...and I really hope my assessment is off a bit here.....although I'm still trying to hope for the best......we all know I'm just a simple goog with a white bucket..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_nqYhgqOTs

.....:bucktooth: IMO the best to hope for...is that the FI and SS LI bass take a right fork in their Southern migration and come in West of the Mud hole.....but as Fin and others here have said....the Mud Hole seems to be the path they're following so far this year......

Just remember we'll be entering November in 4 days......
Maybe Shark is gonna come on here and try to rally the troops.....I'm still waiting for his light skies reports....:) :HappyWave:

To all those who are getting out there and trying....nice effort....:thumbsup: :clapping:

DarkSkies
10-28-2013, 11:51 AM
** This just in.......

Fishing is so bad.....that Finchaser is starting to pack it up for the season.....:banghead2:
Guys are saying "The fishing will be better, when the herring are here!" :drool:
The herring are here now....have been for a week.....no real amounts of bass on them.....

He's sold, or is selling the following gear.....
Surf top....
7' Rod
8' rod
VS

He's selling everything and buying a fly rod.....:scared:
(Vpass and JBarbosa look out over your shoulders...:laugh:)
This way when he doesn't catch fish, people will still say "Way to go!" and not ask him any questions.....:cool: :HappyWave:

surferman
10-28-2013, 12:30 PM
^^^^^^^:clapping:googan bucket! haha lol! "why the hell to you gotta carry around extra **** in a bucket? Like a woman carrying around a pocketbook"
No offense ds but you may have some anger issues, dude!:kooky: :HappyWave:

My report, fished lbi twice this weekend. Beautiful sunrise both times. 2nd time I fished from the dark into the sunrise looking for that night bite that some of you talk about. One shad on a teaser for 7 hours of effort. Slower than slow.

surferman
10-28-2013, 12:32 PM
** This just in.......

Fishing is so bad.....that Finchaser is starting to pack it up for the season.....:banghead2:

please don't give it up finchaser. You seem to be one of the few guys still catching fish regularly. Really enjoy your reports and the banter back and forth here.

finchaser
10-28-2013, 02:57 PM
please don't give it up finchaser. You seem to be one of the few guys still catching fish regularly. Really enjoy your reports and the banter back and forth here.

He's delusional I still have 27 rods and 21 reels just thinning out herd so to speak. I admit fishing is great just the catching part su_ks and I intend to give up until the morning.

He carries his googan bucket because he will always be one, :don't know why:spends more time changing lures to match colors and profiles than he does fishing. If I carried what he does I'd be too tired to fish. Then again that could explain his sleeping in porto jons :moon:

bababooey
10-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Then again that could explain his sleeping in porto jons :moon:

dark there may be some good advice here. Sleeping in a porto john the fumes would probably have to cause some kind of brain damage. Worse than huffing or inhaling nitrous!:wheeeee:
Finchaser good to hear you are not quitting I too enjoy the banter here. Hope none of you gents are offended by my part in it. I know I have busted monty pretty regularly in the past.

Monty
10-28-2013, 07:26 PM
dark there may be some good advice here. Sleeping in a porto john the fumes would probably have to cause some kind of brain damage. Worse than huffing or inhaling nitrous!:wheeeee:
Finchaser good to hear you are not quitting I too enjoy the banter here. Hope none of you gents are offended by my part in it. I know I have busted monty pretty regularly in the past.

:HappyWave:

finchaser
10-28-2013, 08:55 PM
tonight 6:30 to 8 pm released 7 bass to 23" all on jig head and AAT tail

vpass
10-28-2013, 09:56 PM
i fished from noon to 6:30pm with my 7wt fly rod. I walked few miles. I caught 1 Hickory, 1 short bass, and a sundial flounder. all on a sand eel fly. I only saw 1 school of bait(rainfish).

J Barbosa
10-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Fished for a few hours post dark today. All the action came on the top three hours of the outgoing again. Still tons of spearing around and bass swirling on them.

I spent a lot more time throwing shads today after seeing a 18lber caught yesterday; we didn't catch as many bass but the size average was a little better today. These fish are hungry really inhaling the shads.

My brother got 7 bass and I got 5 today all shorts again.

Did see a 43" caught and released today.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2821/10547833076_8bdb57c25f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10547833076/)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/10548057703_b555465f23_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10548057703/)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/10547870324_12a0876013_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10547870324/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3723/10547826075_e0356fd315_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10547826075/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3807/10548056933_71e2d90cda_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10548056933/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3680/10547825515_d45c253f2c_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10547825515/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3782/10547831186_f197b0d841_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10547831186/)

SharkHart
10-28-2013, 11:45 PM
must be at the mudhole nice! heard of a bit of spark out there.

DarkSkies
10-29-2013, 07:53 AM
He carries his googan bucket because he will always be one, :don't know why:spends more time changing lures to match colors and profiles than he does fishing. If I carried what he does I'd be too tired to fish. Then again that could explain his sleeping in porto jons :moon:

I can just feel the love.;)..thanks so much for the helpful feedback......:moon::laugh: :HappyWave:
Just an FYI bababooey...the substances I ingested back in the party days were a lot worse than porto john fumes....and I paid for my for college tuition partly by fixing and painting cars.....try walking a straight line after ya painted a car with enamel mixed with thinner in a poorly ventilated garage...:plastered::)

Got some news yesterday that apparently there are a few more fish running along the South Shore, and into the NY Bight area as of the end of last week....new body of fish for the surf guys...a few friends are now catching double digits over that way from the surf.....as JB said the sizes are getting a little bigger......Nice work John, nice effort from all. :HappyWave:

finchaser
10-29-2013, 08:26 AM
This AM 6:00 to 7:30 released 14 bass to 29" all on jig head and Salt and pepper Rip tide tail NE pushed in lots of bait could have had a banner morning but lost the tide

buckethead
10-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Good going fellas. Fished nomoco from 3-6am. 5 bass to 12lbs. Released.
Bucktail and pork took some. Shad took the biggest.

fishjay
10-29-2013, 11:36 AM
the OFFC fished ocean county last night. Still can't get rid of the skunk

Monty
10-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Nice reports and pics.:thumbsup:

Blazin420
10-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Got out this am fished Nomoco 4-8am..Nice conditions,good NE wind nice chop to the water and it was clean..Had high hopes walking out on the beach...Cover ALOT of sand and finally came up with 2 shorts about 730 when the sun came up..1 on CS Sp minnow and the other on a CS bomber..23 and 25in..May get back out this afternoon..gotta see how tired i feel.. Good to hear Darkskies about some new fishing coming down to play!17681

J Barbosa
10-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Always figuring out a way to avoid the skunk there Blaze ^.^

The sad truth is that fishing sucks right now in 99% of NJ.

I've never had to work so hard to catch one or two fish during the fall :(

I don't even feel like taking the kayaks out right now.

Heading out after work to see if I could get one of those 20lbers on my line :)

finchaser
10-29-2013, 05:09 PM
JB way to go remember fishing is good catching s_cks lately

finchaser
10-29-2013, 08:07 PM
tonight went with the pattern that has worked for me for 3 weeks and the wind shifted to East the tide came in for an extra 2 1/2 hours on top being pushed by wind and was going out on the bottom which screwed things up resulting in not even a bump:skunk::skunk: but unlike DS and Monty I went home no marathon fishing. . I fish 1 to 2 times a day and don't usually post the :skunk: but I thought these conditions warranted posting.Will give it hell in the AM

Blazin420
10-29-2013, 10:47 PM
Always figuring out a way to avoid the skunk there Blaze ^.^

The sad truth is that fishing sucks right now in 99% of NJ.

I've never had to work so hard to catch one or two fish during the fall :(

I don't even feel like taking the kayaks out right now.

Heading out after work to see if I could get one of those 20lbers on my line :)
Lol i try my best! :) Got back out tonight from 5-9pm same area as this am..Picked up 2 shorts 1@20in he hit a mambo minnow just before sundown and then nothing till about 8pm grabbed another short about 24in on the burple teaser..Saw a bunch of guys out and didnt see much catching were i was saw 1 other short caught before i left at 9pm...Im pretty sure i was in the wrong spot tonight some did much better not far from where i was >:(...Part that sucks is i should have known better and changed spots tonight..I have to agree the fishing is good ..but......The CATCHING SUX right now!!...

J Barbosa
10-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Outgoing tide again...lots of bait around and more importantly stripers to chase the bait :)

I saw tons of spearing, some big peanuts and small mullet (?).

Stuck to the bigger swim shads; I didn't get as many shorts (they were around) as the previous trips but was rewarded with 2 keepers including this fish around 18lbs.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2893/10567327205_483e66e991_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10567327205/)

Where did my 6" shad go? :)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3813/10567599353_b423d5d169_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10567599353/)

Also got this 32" bass

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2810/10567327085_d852032f38_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10567327085/)

All fish released

vpass
10-29-2013, 11:27 PM
I was out there again in the wrong spot. I did catch a short about 24 inches around 9pm on a Shad. I did see 1 other fish caught. fished from 6 to 10pm. So far the worst Oct. I could remember. Hope it get better.

Nice going JB.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blazin420
10-30-2013, 07:58 AM
I was out there again in the wrong spot. I did catch a short about 24 inches around 9pm on a Shad. I did see 1 other fish caught. fished from 6 to 10pm. So far the worst Oct. I could remember. Hope it get better.

Nice going JB.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very nice John WTG!! Het Vpass were you fishing NoMoCo??I think i was next to you if ya were..Saw a guy get a fish about 9pm and i had 1 about 30 mins before that..

vpass
10-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Very nice John WTG!! Het Vpass were you fishing NoMoCo??I think i was next to you if ya were..Saw a guy get a fish about 9pm and i had 1 about 30 mins before that..

Yes, you were to my right. If it was you you were on the right side of a sandbar.:HappyWave:

Blazin420
10-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Yes, you were to my right. If it was you you were on the right side of a sandbar.:HappyWave:

Lol yup that was me :)

jigfreak
10-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Nice job fellas. Fished moco from 12-5. Picked up 6 bass to 32". Loaded redfin. released

J Barbosa
10-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Slow night all of the bait disappeared overnight

Caught 1 fish and called it quits after two hours...just wasn't feeling it today.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2877/10583993184_97b2ed0934_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10583993184/)

vpass
10-30-2013, 11:40 PM
I was out with the Fly Rod from 6:00 to 10:00pm. Used a blurple Fly Caught 1 short bass under 20 inches. and a bunch of huge Hickory, Seen a nice bass around 15 pound caught near me. Nice night to be out.

xtreme_visions
10-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone. NICE REPORTS! I have made several failed attempts in the past few weeks. 1st trip I discovered my guide was cracked. Next trip I forgot my gear as I thought I left it in my trunk and now last night I arrived at what looks to be a hot spot right now only to realize I must have gotten sand in my reel at 1 of my other failed attempts lol the important part is at least I tried :banghead2: What have I learned from all these failures? Slowww down! :scared: Looks like I will have to resort to using my bait casting setup temporarily for plugs as I see the fishing is pretty good out there right now. I'm determined to get my 1st fish of the year before the weekend is over and I possibly go back into hibernation

yardvillejimmy
10-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Fished out front in NoMoCo with the OFFC Wednesday evening . Managed to shake the skunk by the skin of its tail with two small bass.:fishing:

Blazin420
10-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Last night..lots of walking with nothin to show for it but a fish that was on tbe line for 2 seconds then popped offf..was probably a shad..Maybe the front will stir things up..wont be back out till Sunday gonna head S of were ive been fishing

finchaser
10-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Got 2 this morning to 27" the south wind has shut em down and now for a gale force south blow :scared:

hookset
10-31-2013, 07:06 PM
Fished this morning 4-6am got one 27" bass on 9" tsunami eel. Did a lot of walking saw a good amount of bait but very little fish activity.

hookset
10-31-2013, 07:09 PM
lol the important part is at least I tried :banghead2: What have I learned from all these failures? Slowww down! :scared: I see the fishing is pretty good out there right now. I'm determined to get my 1st fish of the year before the weekend is over and I possibly go back into hibernation

Dude if you think the fishing is good right now where were you 5 years ago? You would of been jizzing in your pants compared to how it is now.
No worrries about failing if you are not out there trying you won't catch any. At least you tried, good deal. Better luck next time.

J Barbosa
10-31-2013, 11:26 PM
South wind made it hard to fish tonight but my brother and I still managed a few. He caught six total and I caught two on swim shads.

I spent a lot of time throwing a heavy duty 7" shad and got a bunch of missed hits...had to take a picture of this little guy who tried to eat a shad almost as big as him.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/10602734673_caf7392698_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10602734673/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3770/10602503286_04e9a52e11_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10602503286/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/10602496264_ab0aca30f3_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10602496264/)

Monty
11-01-2013, 09:55 AM
South wind made it hard to fish tonight but my brother and I still managed a few. He caught six total and I caught two on swim shads.

I spent a lot of time throwing a heavy duty 7" shad and got a bunch of missed hits...had to take a picture of this little guy who tried to eat a shad almost as big as him.

Nice report and pics JB :HappyWave:

finchaser
11-01-2013, 10:35 AM
this AM 6 bass to 26" all on Jig head and Chartreuse tail