PDA

View Full Version : No Need to Panic

SharkHart
10-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Ok Everyone take a deep breath. You never know what your gonna get. I have to say just about about every fall has some twist you never see coming. Its not a given Montauk has a surf run, it seems to happen every 3 or 4 years .

The one thing I see each year is sept comes and a few local fish wake up and hit then the first two weeks of oct it dumps out.

Hopefully see some big blue blitzes mid month, that would be a good sign, last years pre hurricane pea nut run I dont think anyone saw coming. I had a 40 bass night the friday after the storm then the second storm NE really did more damage. A lot of bass got to live up and down the eastern coast last fall.

Some opportunities will come be patient. Thrird week and thereafter.:thumbsup:

The best advice i could give any striper fisherman is be patient wait for it then pounce and pounce some more because you don't know when the next opportunity comes.

surferman
10-03-2013, 07:26 PM
You dudes don't know how lucky you are to see big bluefish blitzes from the beach. That hardly ever happens for us in south jersey except for the inlets sometimes and then they are mostly small guys. Hoping you are right shark hart. Guess its best to keep a positive outlook!

SharkHart
10-03-2013, 07:57 PM
we need some positivity - just call me light Skies!!

jigfreak
10-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Water's still a little too warm. my .02

hookset
10-03-2013, 08:03 PM
we need some positivity - just call me light Skies!!

dark skies = gloom and doom
shark hart aka light skies = positivity and big puffy clouds with fish on the horizon.
I'll take the light skies order, with a heaping dessert of big blues on the beach. lol. Wait till the dark one sees this I'm sure he will have a chuckle.:laugh:

bababooey
10-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Oh this is classic. Can I get in on it?:rolleyes:
light skies

dark skies

bababooey
10-03-2013, 08:15 PM
I liked him better when he was more combative. Internet battles were legendary. More popcorn was sold than in major city movie houses. Ban the new improved dark skies. Bring back the internet fights.:argue: Dark you were much more interesting then. jmho of course!:HappyWave:
I'll post another vote for the water being too warm to be bassy. By halloween it should be full on.

storminsteve
10-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Hopefully see some big blue blitzes mid month, that would be a good sign, last years pre hurricane pea nut run I dont think anyone saw coming. ome opportunities will come be patient. Thrird week and thereafter.:thumbsup:

The best advice i could give any striper fisherman is be patient wait for it then pounce and pounce some more because you don't know when the next opportunity comes.

I'm somewhere in the middle on this. I don't think it's all gloom and doom but the bass fishing really does **** right now. There used to be a lot of bass along the bayshore. This year not so much. Used to be bass in the rivers in the late summer and fall this year it sucks. Where the heck did they go this year? I don't know maybe some of you Sr members here could fill us in.
surferman the blues are around in decent numbers in north jersey but mostly small. Sharkhart I would love to get into some big surf blues tho it appears the biggest body is in the mud hole and off of long island. That sucks. there is only so many times you can go out fishing for small blues before you get your fill. I also forgot to mention the hickory shad with the small bait they are all over the place. Go to the hook when its open you can catch all you want. After a while I do get tired of them.

Would like some small bass to play with, more than just one or 2. Shark are you taking orders for the bass this year? If so I would appreciate you filling an order for a few dozen for me to play with and c&r. Send them up to nomoco and I would be grateful. I will gladly repay you next tuesday.;) :HappyWave:

cowherder
10-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm somewhere in the middle on this. I don't think it's all gloom and doom but the bass fishing really does **** right now. There used to be a lot of bass along the bayshore. This year not so much. Used to be bass in the rivers in the late summer and fall this year it sucks. Where the heck did they go this year? I don't know maybe some of you Sr members here could fill us in.
surferman the blues are around in decent numbers in north jersey but mostly small. Sharkhart I would love to get into some big surf blues tho it appears the biggest body is in the mud hole and off of long island. That sucks. there is only so many times you can go out fishing for small blues before you get your fill. I also forgot to mention the hickory shad with the small bait they are all over the place. Go to the hook when its open you can catch all you want. After a while I do get tired of them.

Would like some small bass to play with, more than just one or 2. Shark are you taking orders for the bass this year? If so I would appreciate you filling an order for a few dozen for me to play with and c&r. Send them up to nomoco and I would be grateful. I will gladly repay you next tuesday.;) :HappyWave:

Haha lol! sharkhart if you are taking orders I would like some too!:clapping:
monty said this

The bass are dead because fishermen have killed them.

I agree, we need to do more catch and release. All the party and charter boats out killing their limit every chance they get. All the meatmen. When the bass are gone they will be the ones to blame. How about a little more respect and the fishing could be better.

hookedonbass
10-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Sharkhart I would love to get into some big surf blues tho it appears the biggest body is in the mud hole and off of long island. That sucks. there is only so many times you can go out fishing for small blues before you get your fill.

Steve I had some at the hook about 10 nights ago. Up to 12 lbs. It was good for about 2 hours and there were a lot of bunker there. Went back the next night hoping for an encore and they were gone. What kind of season is it that you can't even depend on a good monster bluefish bite?

fishinmission78
10-04-2013, 08:14 AM
The one thing I see each year is sept comes and a few local fish wake up and hit then the first two weeks of oct it dumps out.

Or the fish are tight to the mullet with nothing in between

hookset
10-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Some migratory fish are finally showing up. All the fish I got tonight were clean. Biggest ones had sea lice.

SharkHart
10-17-2013, 08:04 PM
well I am chomping at the bit to get it going this weekend, see if i can find some of these dodo bird like extinct striped bass!

finchaser
10-17-2013, 08:38 PM
well I am chomping at the bit to get it going this weekend, see if i can find some of these dodo bird like extinct striped bass!

yep maybe time to for us to out front

SharkHart
10-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I am just trying to stir up Darkskies :d

finchaser
10-18-2013, 09:11 AM

KOD (Kiss of death) DS is ok where he is doesn't interfere with the bite:HappyWave:

SharkHart
10-18-2013, 06:01 PM
This is going to be one of those 5 day extra long babbling reports when he resurfaces

finchaser
10-18-2013, 07:52 PM
For sure the world of fishing according to DS

storminsteve
10-19-2013, 03:04 PM

I would love to see the video, lightskies against darkskies, narrated by west wind wally lol. What say you dark would you be kind enough to oblige?:HappyWave:

seamonkey
10-20-2013, 08:30 AM
^^lol like Gigantor vs Mothra - could be epic!

SharkHart
10-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Ok well here comes my third week of Oct -- Love those 22-24th days for it to break loose. if you read between the lines the belmar boats went off NY today and hit the bass, know for sure the GE likes to make that move if its slow. Few too many reports of spike weakies and fluke being caught they got to be gone for the serious bass bite in NJ they dont seem to cross over much. I think they are close boys! lets hope

vpass
10-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Ok well here comes my third week of Oct -- Love those 22-24th days for it to break loose. if you read between the lines the belmar boats went off NY today and hit the bass, know for sure the GE likes to make that move if its slow. Few too many reports of spike weakies and fluke being caught they got to be gone for the serious bass bite in NJ they dont seem to cross over much. I think they are close boys! lets hope

There is a Exodus of weakies going on right now. They should all be gone in a few more days. I usually pick a week vacation on the last week of OCT. and usually do well with the bass. I'm betting the same this year.

DarkSkies
10-26-2013, 07:51 PM

KOD (Kiss of death) DS is ok where he is doesn't interfere with the bite:HappyWave:

This is going to be one of those 5 day extra long babbling reports when he resurfaces

For sure the world of fishing according to DS
Eff ya's all.....:2flip: :moon: :laugh:

Tell ya what....I'm quitting the game....gonna take up golf.......and SharkHart can take over the reins......I want to see him pull some 20# bass out of thin air, from the surf.......:HappyWave:

It's getting so frustrating playing this game of musical chairs...good bass bite for 2 nights in a row, then nothing.....then somewhere else someone does well for another night...no real patterns to be discovered........

Example....Friends of mine got a 20 at dusk 3 nights ago.....since then that area has been like the dead sea.....it used to give you a sense of pride to try to figure out a pattern....check your logs...and try to intercept the fish....this time of year was great as the bait exited the bays....there were time-worn paths those bigger fish would follow.....now it's like playing a game of dice......no skill in figuring the pattern....all luck.....because there is no real, consistent pattern, even a glimmer of one...or as mentioned, if it does develop, it breaks apart after a few nights...

Another friend catches more 30 and 35 lb fish from land every year, than a group of 10 anglers...he's obsessive about finding bigger fish...and was one of the few to figure out the night Montauk surf bite this year before everyone else did....:thumbsup:..when the best of the best said there were no fish in the surf at night.......
I just got off the phone with him....he swears good fishing is yet to come..(but he's a little :kooky:;) )..and gave me a window next week where he pinpointed we will be seeing bigger bass in the night surf......who really knows for sure? :don't know why:......God does......

What I do know...
1. Is that the bass have so far, taken a mostly offshore migrational path this year....

2. The large quantities of bait, in close, that surf guys are seeing, and Capts are talking about (with no fish in them) ,,,just "waiting" for the fish to arrive.....may not be the ticket.....a friend was scouting the surf earlier this week...sand eels at his feet all over the wash....yet only a few small bass have been caught in that area....

3. If they continue in an offshore migration, through the mudhole.....(As some of ya's here mentioned), they could end up at Cape May before they come ashore......

4. In fact, the first of the migration is arriving in the Cape May Rips, and Delaware Bay already,,,,,,

5. This recent severe temp drop in the bays should have pushed most of the remaining bait and fish out into the surf zone...and they are just not there in any respectable numbers...

6. Many many old timers and veteran surfcasters are out there, every day/night, and doing poorly......Fin must have a network of over 200 between all the people (and old Farts) :HappyWave: he knows....and none of them are consistently finding fish.....

DarkSkies
10-26-2013, 07:58 PM
I would love to see the video, lightskies against darkskies, narrated by west wind wally lol. What say you dark would you be kind enough to oblige?:HappyWave:

Steve, the first chance I get....when the waters get real nasty and snotty....I'll be out there with the rubber lizard making the latest Wally Video......it will have a lot of ball busting.....and poke fun at all you characters .....especially that internet pot stirrer SharkHart...:moon:...and some other assorted mooks and dillys around here.....:ROFLMAO

In the meantime.....
**I'm telling ya's.....you people have to get the SharkHart weather service....that's the ticket! :HappyWave:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?7727-Coming-soon!!!-SharkHart-s-new-weather-service-for-surf-guys-only-4-95-MONTH!!!

J Barbosa
10-26-2013, 08:39 PM
I think we are beyond panic mode :embarassed:

SharkHart
10-26-2013, 09:49 PM
17671 Im getting a little worried this is my on foot milage last night to finally find some schoolies sometwhere around 3.5 miles. Still jigging weakfish in boats my gut still tells me there shouldnt be cross over of Bass n weaks in good numbers in NJ anyway we get to 3 or 4 days still flat then idk panic!!

DarkSkies
11-12-2013, 10:07 PM
I think we are beyond panic mode :embarassed:

17671 Im getting a little worried

Late report from Sat, I was out for 11 hours without a hit, not sure what kept me out. forget everything I said before, PANIC!

Sad day today.....SharkHart informed me via text that he is retired from fishing.....:(

You know I have tried to be a coach to some of ya's.....and you have gotten some of my PMs suggesting you try different things.....
This is because I feel compelled to give back, that which has been given so freely to me.....

But guys like Shark...are a tough case....
He's a tough SOB, grew up on the streets of Phily...internet troublemaker......tougher than a pit bull....
:kicknuts:yet he tells me he's retiring....(probably a momentary lapse of sanity)

He's not alone in his thinking....some of the best fishermen I know, we've been talking lately about how lame the bite from land is....

One of my friends who catches multiples of fish over 30# every year (not one bltz fish...all deep in the night) said Jersey *ucks so bad he's only gonna fish LI for the rest of the season, until the fish settle in for the Winter (maybe) and we can fish for them when no one else wants to go out there.......

So collectively, I'm hearing dissatisfaction from the best of the best, out there.....not much optimism.....
And Shark, the "light skies" of this site..:rolleyes:..is down on his confidence.....this is sad news folks,....real sad.....

DarkSkies
11-12-2013, 10:16 PM
How can you people help?

I'm a good coach, have tried to be a good mentor to some....
Some have called me the cheerleader...I could never be a cheerleader, I got knobby knees..:laugh:....and not good with the team building thing...have always been a lone wolf....:)

But you all can help......
How?

Post up some hot cheerleader pics in this thread to cheer this guy up, and get him back in the game....:clapping:

The only conditions...

1. They be appropriate for the site...no nudity....
2. Somewhat tasteful.....no spread eagle crotch shots.....
3. You will be helping one of the best weakfisherman, :thumbsup: (his giant weakfish videos are all over youtube, just do a search on his name) and bass fishermen, in NJ, get back on his game, and into the frame of mind to finish the Fall, by Fishing....
4. And you will also be helping me,. to look at shots of cheerleaders, where Pebbles can't get jealous....because it's all for a good cause........

So follow the easy guidelines above, and help Shark, get his Bass Motivation back!
Thanks, people.....:HappyWave:

cowherder
11-12-2013, 10:37 PM
:dribble:All righty then! Searching for pics now.

cowherder
11-12-2013, 11:18 PM
found some!

bababooey
11-12-2013, 11:33 PM
^^^^^ What a load of malarkey. You wanted to look at cheerleader pics and found a way to make shark hart the scapegoat.:rolleyes:
I do like the concept tho, will post some up. cowherder love the one at the right. Wish she was for rent.

dogfish
11-13-2013, 12:48 AM
nice pics cowherder. The one one the right is clearly the breastest cheerleader and the one I would hire for the squad. bababooey when you say rent are you talking about renting the panties like ya did last time or just renting her by the hour?:ROFLMAO

albiealert
11-13-2013, 01:09 AM
nice!! thanks for sharing!

7deadlyplugs
11-13-2013, 02:16 AM
check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-jC-_92AgU

ledhead36
11-13-2013, 08:44 PM
7dp that is a sick trailer. Thanks for sharing the hotties. I like the direction this thread is taking. shark hart things are tough all over. This year sucks big time. You are really not giving up for good are you?

SharkHart
11-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Ok ok I actually said retired to the crab bite, but it looks like maybe the worm has turned from the info coming out today. it just really sucks for me I had off last week and was all over creation looking for a bite. Now we just got to hope there are no early cold snaps, my rules 3 days in the 30s......bad bad bad

and I actually broke that walking record but didnt take a pic of the pedometer, two walking trips out to the SH tiip in one night and half of monmoth co 11 hrs no hit, that was sat last day of vaca whata disaster

storminsteve
11-13-2013, 08:49 PM
found some!

DUUUUUUUUUDDDDDE!!!!:pig: :cool:

storminsteve
11-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Ok ok I actually said retired to the crab bite, but it looks like maybe the worm has turned from the info coming out today. it just really sucks for me I had off last week and was all over creation looking for a bite. Now we just got to hope there are no early cold snaps, my rules 3 days in the 30s......bad bad bad

You're back already? What a lightweight!!:rolleyes:
Can you please retire for another week these pics are cool. I found some too this thread rocks!

seamonkey
11-14-2013, 12:57 PM
3. You will be helping one of the best weakfisherman, :thumbsup: (his giant weakfish videos are all over youtube, just do a search on his name) So follow the easy guidelines above, and help Shark, get his Bass Motivation back!
Thanks, people.....:HappyWave:

you mean videos like this one? beautiful weakies dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9H_Mfscwfc

seamonkey
11-14-2013, 01:00 PM

VSdreams
11-14-2013, 01:05 PM
you mean videos like this one? beautiful weakies dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9H_Mfscwfc

x2 beautiful fish

storminsteve
11-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Nice weakfish SH.:thumbsup:

cowherder
11-14-2013, 05:25 PM
DUUUUUUUUUDDDDDE!!!!:pig: :cool:

You liked those, eh? So did I. Ice cream cones :drool:

cowherder
11-14-2013, 05:36 PM
got another

fishinmission78
11-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Nice pics fellas keep em coming.

bababooey
11-14-2013, 10:00 PM
check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-jC-_92AgU

I saw that flick. Pretty hot. There is some girl on girl action and a guy even has a mom and daughter at the same time.:bigeyes:

surferman
11-15-2013, 12:50 PM
and a guy even has a mom and daughter at the same time.:bigeyes:

:heart:One of my hottest fantasies is mom and daughter.

hookset
11-15-2013, 01:11 PM
^^^ Be careful what you ask for -

Mother daughter sex

I'll confess ... I ended up with an older woman at a bar last night.

She looked pretty good for a 60 + year-old. In fact, she wasn't
too bad at all, and I found myself thinking she probably had a
really hot daughter.

We drank a couple of more beers, and she asked if I'd ever had
a Sportsman's Double?

"What's that?" I asked.
"It's a mother and daughter threesome," she said.

As my mind began to embrace the idea, I wondered what her
daughter really looked like.

So I said, "No, I haven't."
We drank a bit more, then she said with a wink, "Tonight???s
your lucky night."

So we went back to her place.

She turned on the hall light and shouted upstairs, 'Mom,
are you still awake?"

storminsteve
11-15-2013, 02:11 PM
haha gross!:upck:

J Barbosa
11-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Dam SharkHart those are some great weakfish!