PDA

View Full Version : Popovics Shrimp

J Barbosa
10-18-2013, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkZb-lBc5dY

surfrob
10-18-2013, 01:09 PM
When is the best time and method for fishing this pattern? I've yet to gain confidence fishing shrimp or crab patterns in NJ!

jigfreak
10-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Nice work

J Barbosa
10-19-2013, 11:58 AM
When is the best time and method for fishing this pattern? I've yet to gain confidence fishing shrimp or crab patterns in NJ!

I have never fished a shrimp fly or shrimp teaser before. I plan to bring some along with me the next time I fish some sod banks where shrimp are usually present.

Nice work

Bob Popovics does great work :thumbsup:

surfrob
10-21-2013, 09:55 AM
interestingly I've gotten some feedback on fishing a dropper fly, that some use a shrimp on the dropper.

Really should have tried this the other night when there were small something-a-ruthers going after small bait on top, however had walked out there with my plug outfit thinking to throw bigger stuff.

I'll be out Sat AM again looking... getting my fly rod ready for the back

vpass
10-21-2013, 11:00 AM
I never try fly fishing with Shrimp patterns, but I'll bet what JB said about the sod bank will be the ideal place. Some where with good current. Just cast up stream and just let it drift in the current with a tight flyline line. I assume early spring would be the best, That when I notice alot of shrimps around. I guess anytime would be good also.