PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

J Barbosa
10-31-2013, 11:26 PM
South wind made it hard to fish tonight but my brother and I still managed a few. He caught six total and I caught two on swim shads.

I spent a lot of time throwing a heavy duty 7" shad and got a bunch of missed hits...had to take a picture of this little guy who tried to eat a shad almost as big as him.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/10602734673_caf7392698_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10602734673/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3770/10602503286_04e9a52e11_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10602503286/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/10602496264_ab0aca30f3_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10602496264/)

Monty
11-01-2013, 09:55 AM
South wind made it hard to fish tonight but my brother and I still managed a few. He caught six total and I caught two on swim shads.

I spent a lot of time throwing a heavy duty 7" shad and got a bunch of missed hits...had to take a picture of this little guy who tried to eat a shad almost as big as him.

Nice report and pics JB :HappyWave:

finchaser
11-01-2013, 10:35 AM
this AM 6 bass to 26" all on Jig head and Chartreuse tail

DarkSkies
11-01-2013, 11:20 AM
NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com
**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING. Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED.
Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

**For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time.

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

1. If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:
If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?

2. If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
More discussion on this:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3763)

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free. :fishing:

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
IBSP - Island Beach State Park
LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
CMC - Cape May County
GEI - Great Egg Inlet
TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
BB - Barnegat Bay
CB - Chesapeake Bay
DB - Delaware Bay

DarkSkies
11-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Fishinmission78,
you won the plug in the October 2013 random drawing!:clapping: :thumbsup:
PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked! :skunk::D

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!:clapping:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6338&thumb=1&d=1238964999 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6338&d=1238964999)

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340&thumb=1&d=1238965622 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340&d=1238965622)

DarkSkies
11-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Hello everyone. NICE REPORTS! I have made several failed attempts in the past few weeks. 1st trip I discovered my
guide was cracked. Next trip I forgot my gear as I thought I left it in my trunk and now last night I arrived at what looks to be a hot spot right now only to realize I must have gotten sand in my reel at 1 of my other failed attempts lol the important part is at least I tried :banghead2: What have I learned from all these failures? Slowww down! :scared: Looks like I will have to resort to using my bait casting setup temporarily for plugs as I see the fishing is pretty good out there right now. I'm determined to get my 1st fish of the year before the weekend is over and I possibly go back into hibernation

Dude if you think the fishing is good right now where were you 5 years ago? You would of been jizzing in your pants compared to how it is now.
No worrries about failing if you are not out there trying you won't catch any. At least you tried, good deal. Better luck next time.

Or if he was fishing 10 years ago and had a night with 30-40 bass, not uncommon back then, his head might explode....:scared: :laugh:
Nice to hear you're getting out Extreme...We all learn from failing, it's part of life...:learn:...just follow the path we talked about last year....pick nights with fishable surf....and soon enough you'll be into some fish......:thumbsup:

I'll say a prayer to King Neptune for ya! :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
11-01-2013, 11:40 AM

I spent a lot of time throwing a heavy duty 7" shad and got a bunch of missed hits...

I was throwing shads last night too John,,,but you guys must have had a better wind window......nice effort...it seems these fish just moved in this week...regards to your brother as well.....:HappyWave:

There are some nights where you know you have to be out there because the pending weather conditions dictate it.....
I missed a few of those nights this fall because of other obligations.....:(

The last time I was out....the bite should have been incredible as it was in front of a noreast weather pattern....so say I was disappointed with the results, (a few bumps over several hours) is an understatement......

I know the patterns and nights that will bring double digit or larger fish.....
When you hear me and others complain here it is not because we can't catch fish (although a few nights of poor results will sometimes have us starting to question our abilities...)..but because we are not finding them.....in numbers like we did, just a few short years ago......

DarkSkies
11-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Another one of the old timers I know were talking on the phone just this week....he nailed a nice 17# bass at 5am 2 weeks ago in the pre-dawn surf....he certainly knows how to catch fish.....

He said to me...."Rich, those fish are coming through, and they are there, but in small pods at a time.....
I lived through one moratorium and I fear another one is coming soon....
You can't catch fish, that aren't there...."

I absolutely agree with him on his statement....and bring things like this to the attention of you folks, to re-iterate and raise awareness, that things are not OK with the Striped bass fishery, despite the myopic minimization of the folks at the ASMFC...
The striped bass biomass is in trouble....

**And the fishermen who fish regularly, would see that more clearly, than scientists and politicians, who don't......

please educate yourselves about what is happening out there....don't just take my word for it....The best of the best....are saying the fishery is in trouble, and headed for a crash...with conditions similar to last time...
Thanks, as always, for reading....
:fishing:

DarkSkies
11-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Report 11/1/13

As I said there are certain windows you know you should be out there...
So I had to settle for last night...by the end of the night I was glad I did.....

I only wanted to fish for a few hours....
I was successful...but it was a very slow pick on the ebb tide.....managed one about every 15 minutes, for a total of 4 short bass at that location.

The bite died at slack....
Did some more scouting...

The building S wind really hampered my style and presentation.....
At 20mph it was barely fishable, and I managed some more.....feisty chunky fish, all short, but clean and fresh from the sea.....
As the wind gusts approached 25-30 mph it became an exercise in insanity to continue......I pushed on but was getting sandblasted and could barely keep in contact with my line.......

Eventually I gave it up....I believe the fish were still there but presentation was almost impossible....managed 8 more fish at that location.

** Not looking to pick on or critize anyone's comments here, but in my experience, when you find a good body of fish at night....you want a somewhat stable weather pattern. Unless they are stacked up somewhere and pushing bait..a stable weather pattern, like a hard NW or W....is much better for getting high numbers....if that was the case last night, I believe I could have doubled or tripled the numbers easily as the fish were very aggressive on the bucktail and grub,,,,,hammering it as I dragged it across a certain area......and for some reason would not hit the shad that readily....though they did hit finchaser's secret rubber recipe as well.....:cool:

Total:
Managed 12 fish....all short, some close to legal.....
Conditions:
Not bad at first, slightly windy, S....but more rain at my house than when fishing...and the rain held up for most of the night...really nice fall conditions...except for the lousy S wind,.gradually building to unfishable... This really sucked and had me silently regretting I had not made a sacrifice to the Wind Gods :kooky: before I left home...

All newly arrived fish...believe me these fish weren't here 10 nights ago, because I was looking hard for them.
Lots of fun and relief for my brain, good to get a bend in the rod again...:fishing:

Monty
11-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Wind Gods :kooky: before I left home...

All newly arrived fish...believe me these fish weren't here 10 nights ago, because I was looking hard for them.
Lots of fun and relief for my brain, good to get a bend in the rod again...:fishing:

Well its about time!!!!!:HappyWave:
Great report Dark.
Thank you for sharing, jeesh you were due for some action.

DarkSkies
11-01-2013, 12:25 PM
^^ Thanks Monty....Yeah, we can't all have the Finchaser pond in our backyard....:laugh: ...:kiss:
Some of us have to travel a bit to find them.....
(Yes I am jealous of that Grouchy Old Freaking Basstard.....:embarassed: )
But glad that I know him anyway....who else would find the time to yell at me, at least once a day, for some real or imagined offense....:HappyWave:

finchaser
11-01-2013, 12:27 PM
:boring:like war and peace 12 posts for 2 nights of fishing the Richie Rich show is back on the air

DarkSkies
11-01-2013, 12:33 PM
^ Listen up ya grouchy basstid.......Ya know...everytime I visit you and the Old Farts at Castaways Bait and Tackle in Point.....you have animated conversations about me for the next hour after I leave....I'm better entertainment value for you old Farts than Comedy Central. :laugh: :kiss: :HappyWave:

jigfreak
11-01-2013, 12:39 PM
On another web site they're talking about who will catch the first november bass. You guys caught enough here to fill 25 pages of that thread. Last month fishing was so bad they were talking about freshwater fishing. Too bad most of them are blitz fishermen waiting for that big blitz to happen. I got out last night, found a nice skunk. Good going fellas keep em coming.

storminsteve
11-01-2013, 06:56 PM
:clapping:Jigfreak I think it's part of the rules when you join there is only a minimum of one actual report allowed every 50 pages. You nailed that one spot on!
Great reports. finchaser jbarbosa and dark you guys are out in every kind of weather. The wind was bad last night and sounded like a hurricane coming this morning. Congrats! I am headed out tonight hope to find some of those fish. Thanks for the tips.

bababooey
11-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Grouchy Old Freaking Basstard.....:embarassed: )

I'm confused. Is he the old grouchy basstard. Grouchy old basstard? Just plain grouchy man. or just freaking old? Enqiring minds want to know. :rolleyes:Way to go gents.

buckethead
11-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Good to see you finally had a chance to get out ds. I had a good afternoon in moco. Picked up 10 bass to 30". Sweep was strong but the fish were there. Buck and pork. All released.

Blazin420
11-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Nice reports guys!! I havent been out since my skunking Wednesday...Headed down to see grandma in T River tomorrow so gonna make some stops at some of my fav OC spots in the early morn NW wind looks a bit strong but who cares:D..Plus im gonna swing by the Grumps havent been in that place in a WHILE i got some $$ to spend and that guys got everything:D

J Barbosa
11-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Good to see you finally had a chance to get out ds. I had a good afternoon in moco. Picked up 10 bass to 30". Sweep was strong but the fish were there. Buck and pork. All released.

Nice ^.^

My brother and I were out last night.

I had a small bass follow me in but didn't commit until it was too late so a skunking for me.

My brother caught this bass and had another one of similar size on for about a minute that hit at our feet and then popped off after a lot of splashing around. Released as usual.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/10624834593_c77e557168_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10624834593/)

cowherder
11-02-2013, 02:30 PM
:clapping:Jigfreak I think it's part of the rules when you join there is only a minimum of one actual report allowed every 50 pages. You nailed that one spot on!
Great reports. finchaser jbarbosa and dark you guys are out in every kind of weather. The wind was bad last night and sounded like a hurricane coming this morning. Congrats! I am headed out tonight hope to find some of those fish. Thanks for the tips.

Wanted to chime in too and say how much I learned from you guys. I kind of like the bickering between finchaser and dark, and some of the other guys here. You learn something and at the same time you ask yourself if they are really as crazy as they sound!
Fished nomoco yesterday afternoon till 8pm. Picked away at bass on a ava and redgill combo. 7 bass to 28 1/2, released. Went back this morning, got 2 bass but it was like the opening day of trout season. Someone must be shouting on the internet about the bite there because the difference in guys yesterday and this morning was astounding. You would have thought vanstall was going to be there and giving away free reels!

Nice fish gents!

Monty
11-02-2013, 02:55 PM
You learn something and at the same time you ask yourself if they are really as crazy as they sound!
Fished nomoco yesterday afternoon till 8pm. Picked away at bass on a ava and redgill combo. 7 bass to 28 1/2, released. Went back this morning, got 2 bass but it was like the opening day of trout season.

Real nice report cowherder, nice action. Having met a few of the guys, so far they have all lived up to the crazyness, with the exception of Dark who actually exceeds it.

Great reports all.

buckethead
11-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Fished the same general area tonight. Dead as a doornail. Surf was a little dirty but fishable. Most inconsistent season in a long time.

Blazin420
11-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Fished tlast night with my bud dave. Fished 8-1am started S and it was SLOW my bud got 1 short all I got was soaked from a wave that took me out, they were strong!! Bashed my hand up pretty good on a rock..so decide to move a bit N..next stopped had a decent fish flop off in the wash..then about 12-1am picked 3 in the wash super close in..176891769017691 got 2 on the black mambo minnow and 1 on my teaser!!!http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gifhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gifthat made my night!! So not to bad..all these fish were REAL fat 2@24in and 1@20in..

SharkHart
11-03-2013, 09:14 AM
I got 3 dinks in 8 hrs and 25 miles lookin. Out front back Have to say my skies have darkened. Id say there is maybe 10 percent of the bass around as there should be

DarkSkies
11-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Report...went back last night for 2 hours hoping that pattern would repeat, as it has for me, for the last 10 years,,,and nothing.......:skunk:..not even a missed fish.......Hey, that's fishing.....

This can be explained by a lot of things....but for those of us who fish patterns, and eagerly anticipate that once we find fish, we will have them for awhile....these patterns have not really held up like in the past....

The best explanation I have for this (my experience only, others may have different opinions)...is that the fish are spread so thin, that it's very tough to try to discover a pattern......this has been a frustrating fall so far....every day I'm texting or talking with other fishermen who feel the same.......

Congrats to those who got out last night and managed to find a few....:thumbsup:

I got 3 dinks in 8 hrs and 25 miles lookin. Out front back Have to say my skies have darkened. Id say there is maybe 10 percent of the bass around as there should be

"Someone" texted me yesterday saying that I'm a miserable grouchy SOB. I'm damn proud of it. ;) :HappyWave:
There can't be 2 darkskies in this world...if ya had me change your screen name to "darkShark"....:scared:... this site would probably crash....
:laugh:

** Just a reminder....as Sharkhart mentioned...here we are on Nov 3, and still no consistent surf bite for NJ....bigger fish have been caught,,,,if you can get out often you have probably been one of those catching them...there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this fall in NJ, at least for me,,,,,

The bright side is the beautiful fishing weather we've had for most of the Fall so far....and yet hardly anyone is out there at night to breathe it all in....:fishing:

fishinmission78
11-03-2013, 03:37 PM
es:D..Plus im gonna swing by the Grumps havent been in that place in a WHILE i got some $$ to spend and that guys got everything:D

:thumbsup:Grumpys the best shop on the island.

I fished near there from 5-8am today, one runty round bass on black sp

seamonkey
11-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Nice catches gentlemen. I fished cape may this morning. Surf a little dirty but the waves were not too bad. 6 oz to hold. I had fresh clams and was looking for stripers but only 2 skates came knocking.

J Barbosa
11-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Decided to change it up and fished from 4-10am this morning.

Spot #1 sucked; no bait around and the wind was screwing up conditions. I managed one 14" bass there and my brother caught nothing so we decided to move.

Spot #2 had some spearing around but seemed void of fish.

I caught the skunk at spot #2

My brother got spooled by a really nice fish because he is an idiot. He also owes me a 7" swim shad too :burn:

Don't fish in super strong currents with a crappy reel...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2868/10657856374_b71086a745_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10657856374/)

Froze my butt off but sleep well all day today.

cowherder
11-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Well I went out to nomoc and just finished up. There were a lot of guys you would have thought the fishing was going to be great. Was thinking maybe they knew something I didn't. I tossed bucktails and the curlytail grub, avas when it was light, and also tried different small bombers and metal lips. Incoming tide, nothing at all, Did see 2 short stripers landed among the picket line. Very crowded.
John that looks like some good looking water maybe you will have better luck next time.

lostatsea
11-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Gosh it looks like its not even worth spending the money on gas after reading most of what folks are catching. What happened to the big blues did they all go down south already? it seems even the party boats are not getting them like they were 2 weeks ago.

surferman
11-04-2013, 11:19 AM
lostatsea I fish south jersey and we have hardly had any big blues this year. Some coctails when the mullet were around but they were small. I think those big ones follow the bait offshore because they don't seem to like us down here.
Fished cape may this morning, cold and rough water. El-skunko for me.

Monty
11-04-2013, 12:58 PM
My brother got spooled by a really nice fish because he is an idiot. He also owes me a 7" swim shad too :burn:
Don't fish in super strong currents with a crappy reel...
Froze my butt off but sleep well all day today.

That really sucks when decent fish is lost like that.:beatin:
:laugh: Least he hooked up.
I hooked up earlier this year with a fish in some nice current (also a rubber shad (Panther Martin)), really adds to the fight...lost mine too, but not spooled :o

Its extremely frustrating not being able to fish this time of the year, thanks all for the reports and pics. :HappyWave:

vpass
11-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Got out this morning with my 10wt Fly rod with sinking line. Fished an area that had the wind to my back. I didn't see any signs of life and keep moving around. So I got the big :skunk: today. Every one i bumped into had the same story. I'll try again later on in the week, Hope the striped ones show up soon.:beatin:

buckethead
11-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Got out this morning. Sandeels all over. Picked up 3 to 16# on rubber eels. Released.

J Barbosa
11-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Getting dark early now :)

My brother and I Fished from dark until 9 and caught two skunks.

hookset
11-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Very nice bucket! I know they are there but just could not connect tonight. Fished from 6-9. Above shark river. It looked very fishy but lame results again.

hookset
11-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Getting dark early now :)

My brother and I Fished from dark until 9 and caught two skunks.

Boy it sure is. Dont feel bad we all skunk out you had a good run there and were getting some nice numbers. Me too was sure tonight would be the night. Go figure. Like it was said the bait is def there. The fish are just not.

porgy75
11-04-2013, 10:38 PM
great going bucket head. Hope we see some more fish soon. I was at so-mo county and gave it an hour before dark with the vision eel and also with avas. Nothing at all and didn't see guys there catch any.

Monty
11-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Got out this morning. Sandeels all over. Picked up 3 to 16# on rubber eels. Released.

Nice report and C and R.

ledhead36
11-05-2013, 12:33 AM
The bay temps had gone up but tonight with the nw winds they were down again. One small bass on clams. Not that happening back there so far. Will keep trying this week.

Blazin420
11-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Right there with ya John on the skunk patrol!!!

I fished last night from 730-1am..Got out to the water and it looked Perfect! Good water nice ENE wind,temps are down..But came up emptyhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif Threw it all with only 1 good hit to show for it!..I had fish in this spot just the other night now nada!...My bud did hit a party boat yesterday and said the boat did great about 1/2mile-1mile off the beach..Lots of 15-20lb+ fish feasting on sandeels..Lets hope these fish/sandeels come in sooner or later..I must say this is the most inconsistent fall bite i can remeber in a while! Probably get back out this after till dark but definitly hitting a different spot...Well done to the guys that were catching last night!

storminsteve
11-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Hry blazin I have been skunked lately too just not reporting it. Got out to nomoco last night and picked up 5 bass to 27 3/4" on a stubby needlefish. They were all fat! Feasting on the sandeels. Next time out you should be into them. Outgoing tide.

Blazin420
11-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Hry blazin I have been skunked lately too just not reporting it. Got out to nomoco last night and picked up 5 bass to 27 3/4" on a stubby needlefish. They were all fat! Feasting on the sandeels. Next time out you should be into them. Outgoing tide.
I hope your right steve!! Nice job on the catching! I was in NoMoCo and had the outgoing,which has been good to me in this spot..Just werent there..

finchaser
11-05-2013, 01:05 PM
this AM 3 bass to 11 1/2 pounds all still swimming

Mike O
11-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Fished a lot of hours Saturday morning. Caught 2 bass. the biggest was about 22". Hopefully the bigger fish will arrive soon. I would love to get one keeper for the table, but I'm still happy to be at least catching some smaller fish on a regular basis.

Mike O

storminsteve
11-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Nice going finchaser and mike o! Hope to see some bigger bass soon. My bud was out last night in another spot and did pretty well on shads. Blazin I was surprised to see the bass I got. They were very close last night, One hit within 2 feet from me almost peed my pants.:scared:
Posting from my phone gearing up to go out now God please keep me from the skunk!

surferman
11-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Nice going fellas. I fished near ocean city tonight and got the skunk. Water was clear and beautiful. Tossed a big ol needlefish with no takers.

robmedina
11-05-2013, 10:12 PM
skunked yet again. Can't buy a bite lately!

Monty
11-05-2013, 10:30 PM
skunked yet again. Can't buy a bite lately!

Least you are out there,:HappyWave:

robmedina
11-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Oh yes Monty- I am out there. 2-3x a week. I said to my buddy Mike- I am due. I put my time in. I work hard at it with time on the water and off, reading and learning. He humbled me with one sentence. " It took me 5 years before I got my first one on a plug":banghead2:

Blazin420
11-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Nice going finchaser and mike o! Hope to see some bigger bass soon. My bud was out last night in another spot and did pretty well on shads. Blazin I was surprised to see the bass I got. They were very close last night, One hit within 2 feet from me almost peed my pants.:scared:
Posting from my phone gearing up to go out now God please keep me from the skunk!
Got out tonight 5-10pm..Not a banner night but did manage to shake the skunk from last night..Picked up 2 1 short on a mambo minnow about 630..The other was a nice healthy 36incher he hammered a sand eel colored SP minnow right in the wash. Looked to be 16-17lbs got her about 730..After that nothing had a few light hits but nothing came tight..Same here Steve that big girl Slammed me at my feet was not expecting it to be that big!!17704

SharkHart
11-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Felt good to get some fish tonight, got 2 nice ones out front 17 and 11ish, my largest teaser fish. got 8 more in the bay most to 22" one @ 25" I also found a huge mass of peanuts in the back with weakies going wild on um, so wild they were picky got a few, but they shouldn't be here.

J Barbosa
11-07-2013, 02:02 AM
Fished from 6pm - 1am and caught one bass.

So excited to verify that there not extinct yet.

jigfreak
11-07-2013, 01:19 PM
So excited to verify that there not extinct yet.

Funny stuff JB. lol. I agree. Fished last night out front. Wind was lousy but died down around 2am near end of tide. Picked up a 29" bass on black ss needle. still swimming. No other hits at all. sharkhart and blazin outstanding reports.

seamonkey
11-07-2013, 01:28 PM
A skunk for me this morning in cape may. Water was ugly and I ****!

buckethead
11-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Fished moco from 5-7am. The surf was a lot cleaner than I thought it would be. No takers. nice work gents

SharkHart
11-07-2013, 02:26 PM
3 of us got skunked last night where fish were 24 hours earlier, thought i had a read on em and was gonna whack em this is how it is now.

hookset
11-07-2013, 03:27 PM
^^ Same for me sharkhart been out twice this week with not even a sea robin to show for it. Took the day off from work today and got out early. Jumped around a few places and finally managed 2 to 21lbs. released. Saw a young kid release one around 25. Close to the top of the tide. I was throwing bucktail and pork but rubber eels were getting them too.

finchaser
11-07-2013, 05:33 PM
fished this morning released 2 bass to 26" and 2 fluke 1 keeper size and 1 short fluke all on jig head and and riptide salt and pepper mullet tail

VSdreams
11-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Wow you guys are really getting some nice fish kudos. I went out after work and fished at MOCO. One bump on a rubber shad no fish. Didnt see any other fish caught there either. come on NW winds!

J Barbosa
11-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Fished from 6pm to 2am and caught one 26" bass

Blazin420
11-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Fished last night 930-1am..Another slow night for Nov but escaped the skunk by the skin of my teeth!http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif ..Managed 1 nice fish on a jointed black bomber..Didnt get a pic or tape on her..She hit the beach on a wave i went to grab the leader fish came loose another wave came and couldnt grab her in time to measurehttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif..Since it did hit the sand im calling it a non skunk nighthttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif But i didnt physically get my hands on her..Ok maybe its 1/2 a skunkhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/headscratch.gif http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif ...Looked to be 31-32in and had some weight to it..Fought like a beast making a few nice jumps!..That was all for the night had 1 other bump after..Water was calm and very light WNW wind..

albanyguy1
11-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Better late than never! Fished Sun. and Monday. Sunday evening OC - lots of bait in the water and birds out farther. Semi-skunk for me: sea robin on a DD. Monday fished MOCO and NOMOC - semi skunk again - school of hickory shad - caught a million on the teasertill I got bored. Saw some guys pick at a few bass. One a nice keeper. No gamefish for me, but just getting away to fish is a reward in itself. I am aiming for another go at it in early Dec. Tight lines my friends.

vpass
11-08-2013, 12:01 PM
We need to start painting stripes on the Hickory shads, and start calling them gamefish. ;) I like catching them on the right gear. It is a good fish to learn how to fly fish, and sharpen your skills

jigfreak
11-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Nice going blazin and albany at least you beat the skunk. I fisned oc last night from 8-1am and picked up one bass 30" on a black needle, released.

jigfreak
11-08-2013, 12:04 PM
We need to start painting stripes on the Hickory shads, and start calling them gamefish. ;) I like catching them on the right gear.

If the regs dont change soon they and the bluefish and sea robins will be the official nj gamefish.

SharkHart
11-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Skunk at IBSP- Followed some intel to a spot they were yesterday but gone today, how a S wind day is better then a nice strng NW is beyond me, things are at all time low!

storminsteve
11-08-2013, 01:17 PM
If the regs dont change soon they and the bluefish and sea robins will be the official nj gamefish.

Haha so true vpass and jigfreak!
We will be having trophy hickory shad contests!:wheeeee: I think we can pull it off they already call them Jersey tarpon do you think tourists from Canada would fly in to NJ if we played up that angle. Come to Jersey catch a tarpon without going to Florida! Good ad slogan?

skunk report - fished this morning in moco the water was like a lake. northwest wind 15mph perfect!! Fished 5-7. Tossed jigs, bucktails, vision eels, and plugs not a thing was interested.

VSdreams
11-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Well at least someone is catching. I fished somoco from 7:30- 8:30 with the SP and ava and teaser. Skunk city

robmedina
11-08-2013, 07:21 PM
I think we can pull it off they already call them Jersey tarpon do you think tourists from Canada would fly in to NJ if we played up that angle. Come to Jersey catch a tarpon without going to Florida! Good ad slogan?

How about " Come to Nj where you can catch a fraction of a tarpon for a fraction of the cost!"

J Barbosa
11-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Fished all night...Monty marathon x2

Im numb all over its so cold out!

Fish were caught on light jig heads and 4" shad bodies fished on the bottom.

Monty
11-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Fished all night...Monty marathon x2

Im numb all over its so cold out!

Fish were caught on light jig heads and 4" shad bodies fished on the bottom.

:HappyWave: wish I was out there, man I miss fishing in the cold, lol. Good to hear you caught some fish.

Blazin420
11-09-2013, 07:59 AM
I no how u feel JB it DAMN COLD last night!!

Got out last night..I think i was TOO tired from the 3hrs of sleep the night before!Fished 830-130am..Couldnt get my rhythm going last night missed a few nice hitshttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif My bud dave managed 3 fish 2 shorts and 1 nice dinner sized 28.5in..The shorts hit my black/olive teaser(which i was siked abouthttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif )bigger fish nailed a SS needle in the wash..It was calm and COLD last night..There were definitly more fish to be had i just sucked last nighthttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif .. we were all alone..The way i like it!

fishjay
11-09-2013, 09:26 AM
The OFFC decided to try Island Beach yesterday. plugged from 2 to 7 PM. only caught a big skunk. it was cold but it looked fishy.

storminsteve
11-09-2013, 03:02 PM
How about " Come to Nj where you can catch a fraction of a tarpon for a fraction of the cost!"

haha rob NJ the Tarpon state!:wheeeee:
Fished nomoco last night it should be given a new name "no-mo-spotburns" God was it crowded! I saw one nice fish caught and managed 2 myself on bucktail and pork rind. Its time to move S for places where the internet reports dont go lol! My fish were 24" and 31" released. blazin sure was cold out! I hope this cold weather keeps the fair weather fishermen safe and cozy in their houses. Come on NW we need some strong blows!

fishinmission78
11-09-2013, 07:22 PM
The OFFC decided to try Island Beach yesterday. plugged from 2 to 7 PM. only caught a big skunk. it was cold but it looked fishy.

Nice report gents. I didn't realize you fished down our way. Grumpys only had one weigh in today and 3 yesterday. When you consider at least 100 guys were down here each day this weekend thats lame.
It has looked very fishy lots of sandeels and some bunker around. I fished the last 3 nights for one 12# bass. Lousy fall so far.

finchaser
11-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Did the boat thing in 70 feet 2 1/2 miles off Island beach we had 14 bass to 17 pounds and about 20 bluefish to 14 pounds all released closest fish to beach were a few in 40' at first light

seamonkey
11-09-2013, 08:38 PM
All right finchaser sounds like a good day! Most of the boats didn't even do half that well. Mind if I ask what you were using?

surferman
11-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Finchaser way to go you pulled some rabbits out of a hat I read a report from the miss barnegat light and they only got a few fish. I fished lbi tonight, ava jig before sunset and a black vision eel after. caught one skate. Getting ready to hang myself.

clamchucker
11-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I can confirm what fishinmission said. Most of the bigger fish are being taken at night and end of day. There is very little activity in the park during the daytime. I have managed a few at sunrise on swimming plugs because that is what I like to fish and casting metal over and over hurts my shoulder. The fish are very spread out this year. Much more bait than fish.

Mike O
11-10-2013, 08:26 AM
1 small bass very early Sat. The ocean was dead calm. I have not seen it that flat in years.

robmedina
11-10-2013, 11:11 AM
started off in the park. fished a few different spots. nada. went to lbi to fish the rocks and at least I got into a hick shad blitz. jeesh I forget what its **** to catch a bass.

finchaser
11-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Finchaser way to go you pulled some rabbits out of a hat I read a report from the miss barnegat light and they only got a few fish. I fished lbi tonight, ava jig before sunset and a black vision eel after. caught one skate. Getting ready to hang myself.

We were fishing at 6am off seaside throwing green tail AVA into swirling fish and diving birds by 7:30 the schools were pushed off shore and sounded do to the weekend warriors driving into center of schools. the Miss Barnegat light and Doris Mae 5 didn't arrive till 8:30 by then it was over we went on troll and continued to catch blues. It was just starting up again when wind went south the final kiss of death, To put that catch together we left the dock at 5:15 AM and got back to the slip at 6:30 PM it was only silly fishing for 1 1/2 hours out of 12, we fish hard or not at all. We were in our club tournament (MRMTC) today we didn't fish do to gale force winds

DarkSkies
11-10-2013, 12:52 PM
We were fishing at 6am off seaside throwing green tail AVA into swirling fish and diving birds by 7:30 the schools were pushed off shore and sounded do to the weekend warriors driving into center of schools. the Miss Barnegat light and Doris Mae 5 didn't arrive till 8:30 by then it was over we went on troll and continued to catch blues. It was just starting up again when wind went south the final kiss of death, To put that catch together we left the dock at 5:15 AM and got back to the slip at 6:30 PM it was only silly fishing for 1 1/2 hours out of 12, we fish hard or not at all.

Old-school discipline and determination by the old salts. :thumbsup:
I remember the years fishing on boats. Many good memories, but there was always the yahoo that would come into the middle of the action and put the fish down. I lost count of all the times I tried to explain things diplomatically to the Capts who did .......that they were ruining it for us all. It sometimes resulted in "Hey I'm sorry guys, I'm new at this" ...

But more often than not, with the selfish offender telling us to eff ourselves, and then me getting into a shouting match with the other party....this taught me from early on, that's best to avoid the crowds....not worth the aggravation.....
Sometimes ya can't fix stupid. Some of those who are not self-aware, are perfectly happy living in that world....:learn:

Nice report, Fin, glad to see ya got fish. :HappyWave:
I fished 2 1/2 hours last night, good tide, plenty of bait around, clear clean ocean water. What more could you ask for? A fish or 2 might have been nice.:)..there was nothing at the stops I made.

storminsteve
11-10-2013, 04:51 PM
1 small bass very early Sat. The ocean was dead calm. I have not seen it that flat in years.
Agreed - when it has been that calm at night and the sandeels are here I can catch them with small plugs and magdarters. Its so lame I haven't had a fish on a magdarter in almost 1 1/2 months. At least you got something for your troubles.

finchaser awesome report way to catch em up! Did you place in the tourney?
I fished moco this afternoon from 2-4:45. Pretty dead no signs of life. There are a bunch of sandeels around saw birds picking at them about 100' out. Not a fish was swirling.

buckethead
11-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Fished 6 times in the last 5 days. nights, mornings, middle of day at high tide, middle of night at high tide. Nothing until I was out this afternoon and picked up a few fish in moco. Bass surfaced and began feeding on sandeels for about 1/2 hour around 2:30pm. 2 bass to 14 pounds released. Ava with red tail. After that it went back to the dead ocean again.

Blazin420
11-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Fished yesterday afternoon 330-530pm..It was more of a scouting trip then anything else walked a few spots and found some good holes that should produce in the dark on the right tide..I got skunked but lets hope some of those spots pay off!... There were fish caught just not were i was

basshunter
11-11-2013, 09:12 AM
^^^^At least you tried blazin. I was out this morning and scouting after my skunk in somoco. No fish for me but they are dredging and there are a lot of sand bars and cuts down there. Also checked them out so I can come back at high tide and hope to find some fish then. The ocean is flat like a lake today. nice going on the catches buckethead and finchaser.

jigfreak
11-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Ocean county from 4-7am outgoing tide. There was bait over the bar sandeel city but no fish near it. Skunk

Mike O
11-11-2013, 02:42 PM
I was out there this morning again, and again flat seas, but a beautiful day. Just fished a few hours, nothing to report except one guy lifted a nice fish a couple of hundred yards from where I was. Him and a few other guys were casting to some birds working, but it was short lived. That was the only fish I saw caught from where I was. Lucky him whoever he was.
Mike O

basshunter
11-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I saw the same thing in south seaside mike. Flat sea birds off in the distance. Fished from 3pm till now not a tap peck or bump. Is the fat lady warming up? . It looked like an ice skating rink today. That should make it a lot easier to see fish out there. Well I saw nothing. Even the birds looked confused.
What about those fish in Rhode Island that a lot of the internet guys were promising would be here?

J Barbosa
11-11-2013, 05:09 PM
It's funny when I read through reports on another big site I see posts like:

"This is the best fall ever" from guys who fish the same areas.

I've been putting in a lot of hours and my catch per hour really SUCKS this fall. I get little spurts of action here and there.

I just don't get it...I must be getting worse at this bass fishing thing the more I do it :huh:

At least I haven't resorted to black fishing just yet...

jigfreak
11-11-2013, 05:27 PM
I've been putting in a lot of hours and my catch per hour really SUCKS this fall. I get little spurts of action here and there.

I just don't get it...I must be getting worse at this bass fishing thing the more I do it :huh:

At least I haven't resorted to black fishing just yet...

Me to fished ocean county this am and zippo. Worst fall in a long time. Blackfishing is good though if you want to fish BI you should get some greenies. Guys catching decent fish.

SharkHart
11-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Late report from Sat, I was out for 11 hours without a hit, not sure what kept me out. forget everything I said before, PANIC!

Pebbles
11-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Stopped in OC and moco yesterday, just to get some salt air. Went to my favorite places, saw a few guys out but no one was catching.

cowherder
11-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Fished up at the hook tonight. The ranger came and kicked everyone out. They are dredging the channel. Indefinite closure. I posted a pic. This sucks!
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?1985-washed-up-boat-on-SH&p=74318#post74318

Oh, and I got the skunk.

jigfreak
11-11-2013, 11:12 PM
^^^^Always good to have a backup plan. Haven't fished there in years since the storms messed up some of the good holes. Where will the report chasers fish now?

hookset
11-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Where will the report chasers fish now?
I wish they would all stay home or go to LI. There are no fish in jersey. The blitzes have all moved to VA. They're catching bass in the Chesapeake now with sea lice on them.
Somoco tonight 9-12:30 incoming tide. Bait was in the zone but no fish.

porgy75
11-12-2013, 01:12 AM
Fished monmouth county by a beach club. 3 hours at it and no soup for me! tossed the SP and the vision eel.

DarkSkies
11-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Went to bed last night at 8pm so I could get up and fish the night tides. Felt like I was 8 years old again....:rolleyes:
Made it down to the water. Conditions were fantastic, fishing was terrible....
After 4 hours and 5 separate stops, finally managed a solid 15# bass on small swimmer, released.

Once the wind shifted N/Nw after the tide change, it all went downhill and I quit beifore sunrrise. There were no other hits or misses...lots of dead water.

Still, it was a great November night (50 degrees, not windy, beautiful water, light precip) to be out there....:fishing:

Blazin420
11-12-2013, 02:38 PM
^^At least ya found something DarkSkies!

Fished today and what can i say buthttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif ...I fished 7hrs(430am-1230pm),5 towns,4different jettys and a crap load of beach with some good structure and couldnt stir up a single BITE!! Nothing!! Conditions were fine in the dark till about 6am then mother nature turned on the ***** switch!Temp dropped close to 15deg from 50 down to mid/upper 30's and the wind went from 10-15 W to 20-30NNW!! Snow was covering my sweatshirt and its was down right COLD!! Water was clean and looked great with a little chop and some white water around the rocks.Had some birds by me for a few saw a splash or 2,got my blood flowing but nothing was therehttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif...I just dont no..For Nov 12th,the conditions i had and the amount of bait that has been around you would have thought this to be a banner fall fishing day! I dont think its over,i feel we still have time left until then.. but its frustrating to say the least..Now they close down a good spot in SH(even if it was a mob scene)Man guys are gonna start jumping off the Highlands Bridge pretty soonhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif...What can ya do but keep plugging away..Im a glass half full kinda guy so im not going down that easy!! Lets see what the rest of the week brings

DarkSkies
11-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the positivity blazin....it's needed to balance out my doom and gloom....every day Pebbles says I remind her more and more of the grouchy basstid finchaser....:argue:......

Maybe I lost sight of something in that post...have been trying to keep the length of my posts down.....but I should have also mentioned how much fun it was to hook into that fish....it took her a second to realize she was hooked...she barely hit the plug...but then she ran a bit....peeled some drag......and it was the adrenalin rush I needed to put me out there for some more trips....:bigeyes:...so thanks for the positivity and uplifting reports Blazin, from you and others. :thumbsup:

I have been so focused on how good fishing used to be, lately, and dealing with the Comm guys who say the bass are healthier than ever that I may have lost sight of some of the joy I used to have........may we never lose sight, of how much fun fishing actually can be.....:thumbsup:

Have also been hearing a lot of negativity from some of the better fishermen out there......
I ask some of our members to help me post some pics for SharkHart...as he advised me today he's retiring from fishing....
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9229-No-Need-to-Panic/page2

**Let's try our best to cheer this mook up.......and get him back in the game again.....:HappyWave:

cowherder
11-12-2013, 10:35 PM
^^At least ya found something DarkSkies!

Fished today and what can i say buthttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gifhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gifhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif ...I fished 7hrs(430am-1230pm),5 towns,4different jettys and a crap load of beach with some good structure and couldnt stir up a single BITE!! Nothing!! Conditions were fine in the dark till about 6am then mother nature turned on the ***** switch!Temp dropped close to 15deg from 50 down to mid/upper 30's and the wind went from 10-15 W to 20-30NNW!! Snow was covering my sweatshirt and its was down right COLD!!What can ya do but keep plugging away..Im a glass half full kinda guy so im not going down that easy!! Lets see what the rest of the week brings

Wow dude that is dedication! 30mph must have been cold! At least you were out there trying. I can't fish much till the weekends but wll try to get out before that and post a report. Like ds said many times you can't catch them from a couch and dark wtg on the 15lber!

ledhead36
11-13-2013, 04:09 AM
3 nights ago we got a few 10-12 pound bass in the raritan bay. on clams. Tonight it was frigid no action at all. This deep freeze is going to push out every bass from every bay except for the hudson river. Look for some good striper action on the ocean side in the next few days because they will be frozen into ice if they stay. Readings tonight went down to 36 degrees.

Blazin420
11-13-2013, 08:16 AM
No prob DS i try to stay as positive as possible with most things in my life!! Its better than being a "debbie downer"all the time LOL!! I will say i got a call last night that put a little damper on my positivity..I should have zigged instead of zagged yesterday..Thats all i say:o...But still thats life and that definitely surfcasting for ya! Ill be out there regarless of weather,reports,skunks,zombie apocalypse ect:dIt dosent matter..Like DS said all it takes is 1 night with 1 fish to get you back on the lighter side of things!! Get out there guys,dont wait for some report to get you going! Make it yourself its alot more fun!! And if a skunk gets in your way get that stink off ya and do it again!! Its fishing guys it "suppose" to be fun hahaha;)... Thats my uplifting comment for the day:HappyWave:

buckethead
11-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Fished all day today. Long day. 7 bass to 19lbs, all keepers. Smallest was 11lbs. Nice fat fish. all released. Got on various - bucktails in the dark, pencil poppers in the morning, when there was a lot of peanut bunker. Picked away the rest of the day until an hour before dark when there was a short bite as well. Fish later on were on diamond jigs with red tail. The wind was brutal and not kind. Eventually wasn't so bad. Lot easier to deal with when you are catching. Lots of fishermen on the beaches today.

ledhead36
11-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Nice going bucket! Saw Capt Rons latest video might be taking a boat trip this weekend.

storminsteve
11-13-2013, 08:54 PM
:clapping:bucket great job way to tough it out! The wind was howling all day you must feel like an icicle!

Monty
11-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Fished all day today. Long day. 7 bass to 19lbs, all keepers. Smallest was 11lbs. Nice fat fish. all released.

Great report, some real fall fishing.

J Barbosa
11-13-2013, 11:30 PM
I caught fish today far away from others...they were on spearing again.

I heard the crowds are getting bad out there :eek:

Blazin420
11-14-2013, 06:52 AM
WTG Buckethead!! Thats a good day right there! Your right about catching in the cold..When your catching it aint so cold..But get skunked on a cold day and you think you standing in a freezer with no clothes on haha..

Also nice job J on avoiding the crowd and still catching fish well done bud!! Planning on getting out tm night i really hope that skunk doesnt folow me for a 4 time...

madcaster
11-14-2013, 10:27 AM
fished outgoing at SH...only time I had ......skunked ....but a guy in a boat drifting right in front of me kept hooking up on shorts ....I had one 4oz ava with green tail which I could get out far enough ...some times I had to wait for the boat to go by before I could cast ... after a few cast I snapped it off ...hence screen name madcaster .....threw a bunch of stuff ....only one in my area ....

hookset
11-14-2013, 12:30 PM
^^^^ Was fishing nomoco this morning. One 32" bass at sunrise on diamond jig released. madcaster you said you were throwing a 4oz ava. I use them most often when the seas or winds are rough with big swells. I was using an A17 today. It was windy this morning-- not that bad. Did you ever try a deadly ****? They cast a lot better into the wind and you can downsize on the weight. Also easier to bounce on the retrieve. Give that a try next time and hope you have better luck out there. nice going buckethead.

seamonkey
11-14-2013, 12:52 PM
great to hear that someone is catching. I have been catching lots of skunks!:skunk: cape may to lbi. Fished lbi this morning and it was perfect fall weather. no one told the fish. oh well. congratulations guys!

VSdreams
11-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Fished some sand beaches in ocean county. walked maybe 1 mile total 5-7am today. 2 sundials and a skate on my t-hex and teaser combo.

hookedonbass
11-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Nice reports gents I'm psyched to know the stripers are around! Hope to have a report soon.

fishinmission78
11-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Just got done at island beach. A few bass are around. Lots of sandeels. Picked up one bass for dinner on a white metal lip swimmer. 32" and fat.

lostatsea
11-14-2013, 06:31 PM
^^^^ Good to hear I was thinking Island Beach was dead. Keep hope alive and congrats on your fish.

buckethead
11-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Thanks fellas I was out there this afternoon and got 2 to 11lbs on a diamond jig. released They were pretty picky. Heard of a better bite in the morning. If you want a shot at nice fish its better to chase these fish and fish all day. I couldn't do that today had to work. Add that to being tired from the sandblasting NW winds yesterday and it was tough. The rewards were nice and made it more bearable.

cowherder
11-14-2013, 06:40 PM
You are giving me hope for the weekend only one more day! good job on the bass.

bababooey
11-14-2013, 10:02 PM
If you want a shot at nice fish its better to chase these fish and fish all day. I couldn't do that today had to work.

Sounds too much like work to me. You can limit out on a boat in less than an hour. Why spend all that time chasing them from the beach?:kooky:

Monty
11-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Sounds too much like work to me. You can limit out on a boat in less than an hour. Why spend all that time chasing them from the beach?:kooky:

Because it's a lot more of a challenge and way more fun.:HappyWave:
Great reports all.

yardvillejimmy
11-15-2013, 08:06 AM
OFFC fished NoMoCo yesterday late afternoon into the dark. Saw lots of birds and fish. The fish just seemed to be out of our casting range.

buckethead
11-15-2013, 11:10 AM
^^^^^ Same experience for me this morning. Only had 2 hours to fish.There was some nice activity but they never came in. Today was a morning of fishing not catching. Nice sunrise.

jigfreak
11-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Ocean county 3-5am incoming tide. 3 to 13#, metal lip swimmer. Kept one it was like a football. Stuffed full with sandeels about 7" long.

surferman
11-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Damn its refreshing to hear there are some bass on the coast. I fished brigantine from 6-7:30am. Had bunker on one rod and was tossing an ava with teaser on the other. Got a few hickory shad, Please send some of those bass down this way.

hookset
11-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Must of made a wrong turn this morning went to moco and I was the only one on the beach. Worked some plugs in the dark and then metal. Nothing for me.

storminsteve
11-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Fished moco to nomoco early today. One 27" bass on a bucktail. Any of the areas I checked were dead by 8am. Seems like it iis limited right now will try again this weekend.

storminsteve
11-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Because it's a lot more of a challenge and way more fun.:HappyWave:
Great reports all.

:clapping:

Why spend all that time chasing them from the beach?:kooky:

If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand it anyway.
:HappyWave:

jigfreak
11-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Picked up 2 bass before sunset tonight. ocean county. One 32" one 33". Rubber tsunami eels. Kept the 32", These fish are nice and fat and fresh from out east. Lots of fun.

finchaser
11-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Did the boat thing today in a tournament and we crushed them 3 people 38 bass of which 33 were keepers of which 25 were over 13# plus about 10 bluefish. Bass came in from the mud hole to Island Beach 65' of water. They didn't follow coast as they were full of butter fish as was told to me by a mate on head boat who crushed them yesterday. People using sand eel stuff didn't score well. There was no life near shore. We kept 2 fish and placed 3rd with a 19# bass all others were released . Once again fished hard from 6am to 5pm fish were trucking south . Sent DS a picture.

All Manasquan bass head boats also the Golden Eagle and Belmar Princess were all down as far south as Barnegat inlet tells you how good jersey is north of Barnegat.

J Barbosa
11-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Sounds like a fun day but it's going to take Dark forever to post that picture.

cowherder
11-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Wow you guys really put in a long day finchaser! Congrats on the 3rd place. After reading all the reports I was in such a hurry to get down that I forgot some of my stuff. Had only a rod and some plugs so thats what I went with. Got one 29" bass on a old rebel. Great night to be out and it wasn't that cold. Fish is still swimming.

captnemo
11-16-2013, 12:49 AM
There was no life near shore. .

Noticed the same thing as well.
Nice work finchaser we fished in the PM today between the shrewsbury rocks and point. It was spotty at times however we did ok by jigging on marks and trolling when it was slow. Finished up with 8 bass to 13pounds, two in the box for dinner. Boy these fish were fat. 2 of them were skinny and covered with sea lice. Hope they stay for awhile. Good going on placing in the tourney.

robmedina
11-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Well I was on my way to hit seaside to fish with my buddy Mike. I texted him I was on my way and he texted back that his waders were not dry (he put some wader repair glue on a small hole) and wanted to hit the south jetty instead. I left my korkers in my house so I turned around to get them. I stopped at a redlight, and by this time I was talking to mike on the phone via my in car system (so it was hands free) for some odd reason I leaned down towards my center console and as I did that I was hit in the rear by a jeep. It smashed the back end of my truck. I can't even get to my rods because the tailgate wont open and I have a tonneu cover on the bed. Scared the crap out of me! All I can think about though is the provisions of a merciful God. If I had been sitting up I would probably have severe whiplash. He hit me hard. The guy says " I thought you were going.." Going where? the light was red, lol! Oh man what a night. Cant sleep. The accident happened at 2am. There, that's my report.

Blazin420
11-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Damn Rob sorry to hear that....that sucks but thank god your ok...My report:I can't seem to get this skunk off my back!!! Fished 730-11 met up with my bud Dave.. we fished 3 spots dave nailed 2 nice fish when I first met up with him at spot 1.. 28.5 and a nice 34in.. So fish were around just no love for me! We both struck out at the other stops..figured we would water was way out with the moon..I knew that first hour was the key time to get'em..Hope to break this streak SOOOON!!

fishjay
11-16-2013, 09:11 AM
The OFFC went to NOMOCO yesterday. After trying many spots we settled on on spot with no people around. after trying for an hour or so some bait and birds appeared in front of us.
One of us hooked up and out of the sand came about 20 of our closes friends. They really wanted to say hello badly and almost didn't allow my friend to land his fish . This fiasco lasted about 15 minutes and my freinds did catch about a half dozen small bass. Finally it was over and almost dark and our freinds faded back in to the sand where they came from.

We then could go back to fishing unmolested which was what we were hoping for. By this time it was dark and we started to throw bomber plugs and low and behold we got lucky and had a good pick of bass to 18# for about an hour. It felt really good to get rid of the skunk that had been riding with us for a long time.

Pebbles
11-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Well I was on my way to hit seaside to fish with my buddy Mike. I texted him I was on my way and he texted back that his waders were not dry (he put some wader repair glue on a small hole) and wanted to hit the south jetty instead. I left my korkers in my house so I turned around to get them. I stopped at a redlight, and by this time I was talking to mike on the phone via my in car system (so it was hands free) for some odd reason I leaned down towards my center console and as I did that I was hit in the rear by a jeep. It smashed the back end of my truck. I can't even get to my rods because the tailgate wont open and I have a tonneu cover on the bed. Scared the crap out of me! All I can think about though is the provisions of a merciful God. If I had been sitting up I would probably have severe whiplash. He hit me hard. The guy says " I thought you were going.." Going where? the light was red, lol! Oh man what a night. Cant sleep. The accident happened at 2am. There, that's my report.

That is terrible!!! The last thing you need is to have your fishing trip interrupted by someone who was careless. Hope you are feeling ok!!

DarkSkies
11-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Fished 5-5 monty marathon. There was a 35 minute bite where I was... started at first light. Bass busting on rainfish at my feet, and sand eels 100' out. It was very humbling as none of us on the beach could hook up despite throwing everything that made sense, and some things that didn't.

Finally managed 2 short bass, one on 4" swimmer, the other on sand eel jig.
Spent the rest of the overcast day, perfect conditions, scouting new sand bars and trying like hell to catch one of the 10# bluefish that were around and eating sand eels and bunker. Thrill of the day was when I saved a big burly fisherman who fell in the surf fighting a big bluefish, and was getting washed away. Story in another thread. Also finally got to meet Bill Massey, one of the NJ fly fishing greats.

Small bass were periodically feeding on sand eels 200yds out for most of the day, sadly out of reach of most surf fishermen.
Failed at my quest to find a big bluefish ...when the wind shifted to hard s the surf bite was done.

It appears the solid bite that existed for 2 days has vanished into the morning mist, at least for right now, for the N NJ surf guys and gals....

Rob,sorry to hear the news..glad you are ok..let me know if you are going fishing and need to borrow any gear....I'm sure some of our members could help ya out as well....:HappyWave:

Mike O
11-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Same thing for me. Put in an all nighter with nothing to show for it. Then finally right before dawn I got a solid hook-up, i was so excited I nearly S**T myself the fish was running up and down the beach! It seemed like forever (it was only about 2or 3 minutes) I get the fish into the wash it takes another couple of small runs, I finally get it onto the beach! IT'S A FRIGGIN DOGFISH! Idon't usually do this being the nature lover Iam but I was so pissed I kicked it back into the surf! Then the sun was coming up and I can start to see shadows in the water moving from the north, birds started working fins slapping just within casting range small bait flurrying in small pods. I thought this is it! the big blitz I have been working so hard for. At this point the daytime guys started crowding the beach. Everybody is frantically throwing everthing in the surf bag. An yet I myself could not hook-up if my life depended on it. My only consolation was that every fish that was landed (by other fishermen) was not a keeper from my view. My arm was ready to just fall off, exhausted and tired I put my tail between my legs and went home. A very frustrating night to say the least. My shoulder is still sore and my ego is damaged. POOR, POOR, me.

storminsteve
11-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Same thing for me. Put in an all nighter with nothing to show for it. Then finally right before dawn I got a solid hook-up, i was so excited I nearly S**T myself the fish was running up and down the beach! It seemed like forever (it was only about 2or 3 minutes) I get the fish into the wash it takes another couple of small runs, I finally get it onto the beach! IT'S A FRIGGIN DOGFISH! .

:laugh:Wow mike great story esp the part where you almost shat yourself lol! I didn't fare much better. Fished nomoco last nite between 5-11pm last of incoming and most of outgoing. Not even one fish. The wind died down and it was nice out, no one told the fish.

SharkHart
11-17-2013, 06:57 PM
I know what you are going to say but no it's not a result of the dark skies mentor program, you just need a rich uncle with boat right now. I was in Brielle bait and tackle at 6 am looking for 9" Tsunami sand eels and they have none at all, gotta step the game dudes its a sand eel bite, shoulda went to reel life. All i had was 7 "ers but long casts were needed today. Got to the SSP grounds 7 45 and there was a good amount of fish n birds spread out as far as you could see but they were moving with tuna speed, would just be a random pop on the surface or sometimes 3 or 4 fish crashing on surface. At time it was national geopgraphic type stuff fish doing cartwheels and jumping clear out of water. The problem was they would only hit on surface and within 5 seconds of surface blast. saw a lot i couldnt reach usually just one fish then off it goes. Never the less put 4 in the boat this way. Someone had mono and couldnt cast so we dropped some tube umbrellas and they were all over it. a freak fog front rolled in 11 30 am and ruined the fun just totally shut things down and we had to leave it was so dense

The good news is the bad news all the fish were over 12 lbs, where are the shorts? not a good sign, I seen this with weakies they kept getting bigger before vanishing. If the motherload of cookie cutter bass 25-27" doesnt come in soon I am concerned. Seems like teh surf guys in this area had a shot at fish at first light based on the weigh ins.

finchaser
11-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Did the boat thing again today in the 2nd part of our club tournament scored another 29 bass only 1 short with 5 over 20 pounds largest 23 and 24 pounds the rest between 10 and 19 pound range. All but 2 were released. All fish were caught south of governors mansion( 5 miles further south today they Friday) between 6 and 10 am in 60 to 70 feet of water with 3 people on board. Then the pea soup fog set in so we quit do to less than 50' visibility we set out for a 3 hour ride back to Manasquan. Fish are staying off the beach where there is tons of bait. Sorry to report guys but friends of mine chasing Bluefin tuna in the mud hole are encountering bass headed to the SE from the NE by passing the coast.

Like shark heart said there are no small fish very :scared:. There will be no more Tsunami sand eels in any size until next year. Was told that by my friend who is head of sales for them they are sold out.

cowherder
11-17-2013, 09:18 PM
The good news is the bad news all the fish were over 12 lbs, where are the shorts? not a good sign, I seen this with weakies they kept getting bigger before vanishing. If the motherload of cookie cutter bass 25-27" doesnt come in soon I am concerned.

Like shark heart said there are no small fish very :scared:. There will be no more Tsunami sand eels in any size until next year. Was told that by my friend who is head of sales for them they are sold out.

Well if the meatmen like ****** ********* keep their limits and all the charters keep theirs soon we will be fishing for dogfish thats the only thing that will be left!:2flip:
I fished NoMoCo from 2-9pm today. I walked all over, did the long walk short walk and dear God please help me find a fish walk. It was real nice out and the fog coming in made me think of the nights that you old guys talk about when you bailed 50 fish or more. It even smelled fishy like bunker were out there or something. I thew everything in the bag and nothing. Was wondering maybe next time I should throw the bag in and maybe hit a stray striped on the head so I could say I came close. The only thing I came close to today was the skunk smell. Man it is depressing out there as most guys I talked to said they were not catching either.
Rob sorry to hear of your accident if you need to borrow anything I could come up with a spare rod to lend. MikeO that story was funny you should put it in the story of the month thread. Sometimes you are the bird sometimes the windshield.

porgy75
11-18-2013, 01:29 AM
The OFFC went to NOMOCO yesterday. After trying many spots we settled on on spot with no people around. after trying for an hour or so some bait and birds appeared in front of us.
One of us hooked up and out of the sand came about 20 of our closes friends. They really wanted to say hello badly and almost didn't allow my friend to land his fish . This fiasco lasted about 15 minutes and my freinds did catch about a half dozen small bass. Finally it was over and almost dark and our freinds faded back in to the sand where they came from.

We then could go back to fishing unmolested which was what we were hoping for. By this time it was dark and we started to throw bomber plugs and low and behold we got lucky and had a good pick of bass to 18# for about an hour. It felt really good to get rid of the skunk that had been riding with us for a long time.

Wow great report 18 pounds I would be happy right now catching one bass at 8lbs! ds talks about you on here all the time and says you wont give up. Great job on the catching. Since you were mugged its even sweeter that you caught and they didn't. Hope to meet you on the beach one day. Thanks for the report. Maybe there is still some hope.
fished 2 days and nights this weekend. Fri I went to island beach. did a lot of walking and casting. Nothing but a few shad on a bomber. Today I fished sandy hook south to belmar.It was like no one was home in the surf. I saw tons of people fishing and no one hooking up. Fished from 4-12 tonight. Fished lures, rubber shads, tryed a bucktail, and also some vision eels. How could things be so bad that I couldn't even get a bump? You are right there are not even some small fish around. If this keeps up I might not get a keeper. I just want to get one nice striper and then ill be happy.:fishing:

robmedina
11-18-2013, 04:29 AM
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! I did manage to get the tailgate open and get my stuff out.

Short Version- I got skunked again!

Long Version- I hit the surf sunday morning at 4am worked my way down into IBSP. It was crowded. My buddy Mike and I managed to find a spot further down which after a few minutes became our only little stretch. Casting practice up until about 7:30 when the action started picking up. There were boats out about 1/8 mile and we could see them hooking up and landing bass. Mike kept saying- we should go back to his house and get his kayaks. anyway- a school of shad starts busting sand eels in front of us. I try hooking up with one of them to at least bend the rod. Nada.

Mike snaps his needle off ( he has lost the same SS needle about 3 times this fall due to snap offs) so he ties on a yellow school bus jointed bomber. he threw that for awhile and then hooks up but looses it. then 20 minutes later hooks up again and lands a 13.5lb bass. As he was dealing with his bass on the beach- there was a pod of bass right in front of me hitting the sand eels. I threw a bone SP minnow (as that what I had tied on) then switched to a tsunami sand eel. not a touch! so frustrating.

I did not see anyone else with fish, as we got many looks on the long walk back to the truck. Mike weighed it in at Betty and Nicks- there were at that time 10 weigh ins.

surfstix1963
11-18-2013, 04:40 AM
All rats on the beach in NY w/ very few keepers.Nice fish SH.And at the rate things are going you had a good day Fin.

Blazin420
11-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Fished ALOT of hours this weekend with very poor results!! Fished IBSP with a group of guys..I stayed down sat night at the motor lodge and fished the N end of the island walked and walked and walked from 8pm till 12am not a thing!! Water was calm and it was clean..So get up in the am meet the guys about 530 on the beach by 6 and by 630 birds and bass rolling in front of me i thought FINALLY gonna get some fish..Well i managed to hook up when they were close hooked up with a good fish but my drag wasnt set right(from not catching a bass in 5 trips)So i dropped him next cast i find a short about 26-27in on a SP..had 5-6 guys land some nice keeper size fish by me..After that they were gone only lasted about 15mins maybe enuff time to get 5 good casts in and POOF gone!!The boats were all over about 150yrds off the beach..For the next 1hr or so fish were swirling here and there in the wash just couldnt hook up..This happened in a few spots on the island at first light but that seemed to be the bulk of the action!! A few of the guys in the group got some decent fish but nothing spectacular..So we BS'd on the beach for a while but the action was gone ...it was a morning of mostly casting practice!..I went for some breakfast..and decided to hit a few towns N of IBSP..Water was right conditions were right but i still skunked out! While out there i was thinking of falls past in this spot, and like you guys mentioned above, i used to go here and catch short after short on a day like today the fish would be in the 24-27in and there were alot of them then..This year i have not see ANY small fish AT ALL!! The large majority of fish have all been 28 or better..Not a good sign at all its getting me a bit worried about the next few years doesnt look good! No small fish and all the big gurls are getting taking:scared:....So my weekend was kind of a bust 1 short and a dropped fish for well over 12hrs of fishing:embarassed:Im the worst!!! Hahaha....

Oh the highlight of the day was while me and 3-4 other guys were BSing on the beach we see this lady struggling with her rod,it looked like she was snagged pulling and backing up on the beach we all thought "she is snagged or has a big ole skate"..Her cast before this could not have gone more than 20ft into the wash..So next thing you no she gets it in wouldnt ya no it was 20lb BASS!!! I was amazed she didnt snap the line..But here is the kicker......She was DEAD STICKING A PINK FIN S on a fishfinder rig!!!! I wouldnt have belived it but saw it with my own eyes and we even went up and asked her what she was using!! Unreal!! That was a first for me to see!!! She weighed it in at B&N the video is on his site!! Proves i **** even more lol!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJxDwU0fZlM

DarkSkies
11-18-2013, 01:54 PM
s. I threw a bone SP minnow (as that what I had tied on) then switched to a tsunami sand eel. not a touch! so frustrating.

Rob, IMO in the past it has been a pretty sure thing fishing the sand eel bite as long as you give them the right presentation. I think one variable that some may not realize is that even though the bass are gorging on the eels. they are also chasing rainfish in the very near surf zone at first light. I'm not saying this is exactly happening where you fished, but often we are not aware of the abundant schools of rainfish at this time. I had to point them out to a fisherman today because he didn't think they were there....They were, just not many fish feeding on them. Rainfish are more abundant than they have been in the last few years (for the Fall)....

I feel (JMO) that it makes presentation difficult when they are really keyed in on the smaller rainfish/bay anchovies....and on Sat felt your same frustration.

Fished ALOT of hours this weekend with very poor results!!
.....For the next 1hr or so fish were swirling here and there in the wash just couldnt hook up..

This happened in a few spots on the island at first light but that seemed to be the bulk of the action!!

.....While out there i was thinking of falls past in this spot, and like you guys mentioned above, i used to go here and catch short after short on a day like today the fish would be in the 24-27in and there were alot of them then..This year i have not see ANY small fish AT ALL!! The large majority of fish have all been 28 or better..Not a good sign at all its getting me a bit worried about the next few years doesnt look good!

No small fish and all the big gurls are getting taking:scared:....!!

I had the same thing happen to me on Sat....Blazin, we both know how to catch fish..but for me it's even more embarassing when the fish are there and I'm trying frantically to dial in to that type of bite, for that particular day. I felt like a failure on Sat as I knew time before sunrise was limited...and I searched for the one thing they would hit.....feeling very lucky to manage 2 short bass before the bite ended just as quick as it started...
It was a very humbling experience......

Some friends who fish for them every day said
a. one day last week, there were a lot of fish...and they wouldn't touch artificials or flies in that specific area
b. and yet, the next day, they were hitting pencil poppers and big pike spoons....:kooky:

Nice reports from the rest of ya's as well....:thumbsup:
MikeO and Blazin, those were great stories you shared......it's the bizarre and unusual that sometimes keep us coming back...:learn:

DarkSkies
11-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Last night was a severe barometric drop of 0.6...a very significant drop (more on that in another thread)
I knew I had to be out there....fished in the rain and darkness,...getting cold and slightly wet despite my rain gear as the bulding S winds drove the rain sideways......

7 hour trip...
There was a limited 15 minute feeding window at first light....bass again feeding at my feet...only one other angler and I out there.....him being a fly fisherman and having a competent understanding of presentation and profile...neither of us could catch a bass...or even tempt a missed hit....

In the blink of an eye it was over......

** Some of ya's have made some very valid points about the sizes and quantity of bass we are seeing, more on that in another thread...

hookset
11-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Great stories blazin and mike. Fished somoco from 5-8am. ds I'm jealous. I didn't even have a 15 minute window. there was nothing going on at all. Total deadness. Water a little dirty from the storm or the dredgers.:skunk:

clamchucker
11-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Good fishing in the park today. Some bass moved in and I picked up 5 to 14 lbs released. Loaded redfins in the dark and diamond jig with redgill teaser in the daylight.

basshunter
11-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Happy to hear stripers have touched down. At least now we may have a chance instead of finding the skunk when seeking the striped ones. Will try to get out during the week and post a report. Congrats gents. shark, finchaser and dark it doesn't surprise me there have been no large amounts of small bass. Even most of the inlets are dead. The fish are not there. We have to stop this bonus tag filling. It's just wrong.

storminsteve
11-18-2013, 06:12 PM
So nice to hear about bass being caught from the beach. Thanks for the report clamchucker and way to go! Nice job on the releases as well.

J Barbosa
11-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I am finding that these fish are very picky right now.

I had the yak out front Saturday morning and had to work hard for every hit and fish while bass and bluefish were swirling and busting all around me on sand eels. They were pushing sand eels to the surface in 30-35ft of water. I was seeing mostly smaller bass up to 30" the biggest before the bluefish around 8-10lbs moved in and took over. Even the bluefish we're picky! Released everything :D

On Sunday I waited out the fog a bit out front but it never cleared so I decided to change the plans and launched in the back where the fog wasn't that thick.

Check this fatty out...39" and 26-27lbs on the boga.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/10936235375_622be6cb3e_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10936235375/)
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2819/10936235225_30490fb7ab_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10936235225/)

Someone call fish and game this bass has has a real taste for short blackfish and he is way over the legal limit.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7454/10936294196_9b26f8c9cc_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/94721242@N02/10936294196/)

All this and he still inhaled a plug DEEP!

Fellow yakkers please use some common sense. No good minded person would launch a yak out front in Sundays fog. You don't want shark harts uncle or fin chaser running you over...

baitstealer
11-18-2013, 11:39 PM
wow awesome catch!

VSdreams
11-19-2013, 05:52 AM
Thanks for sharing good job. JB that fish looks like it swallowed a basketball.

SharkHart
11-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Well it looks like 2011 is repeating with dead water to the left and right, and I am desperate enough to go!!

fishinmission78
11-19-2013, 12:33 PM
^^^^SH the morning bite was slow today. Picked up 3 bass on ava and redgill. One was a keeper and came home, others were 27.5". You are better off coming down in the pm. The am was about 45minutes. Also a few fish at night, fish the cuts w needles. Good luck.

"All I have time to tell you right now is that the entire island is on fire again today on pretty much everything you throw at them. "
Not true - I left for work by 8 and it was slow. Maybe it turned on after I rolled out of there. Take everything you read on that site with a grain of salt.

J Barbosa
11-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Well it looks like 2011 is repeating with dead water to the left and right, and I am desperate enough to go!!

Anything but this again...

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Angler
Species
Length
Weight
Bait

Grablachoff, Brenden
Bass
29″
9.05lbs
T-Hex

Schweeder, Bud
Blackfish
30.5″
10lbs
Teaser

Schweeder, Bud
Bass
35″
15.35lbs
Teaser

Tees, Rich
Bass
33″
15.1lbs
Teaser

Tees, Rich
Bass
29.5″
9.95lbs
AVA

Swift, Butch
Bass
30″
9.85lbs
T-Hex

Swift, Butch
Bass
34″
15.8lbs
Teaser

Sutyinsky, Lou
Bass
33.5″
13.05lbs
AVA

Sutyinsky, Lou
Bass
34″
13.95lbs
AVA

Malone, Kevin
Bass
30.5″
11.35lbs
AVA

Malone, Kevin
Bass
34.5″
15lbs
AVA

Crabtree, Jeff
Bass
31″
10.75lbs
AVA

Kenny, Jim
Bass
33.5″
14.2lbs
AVA

Black, Tom
Bass
30.5″
10.65lbs
Sluggo

Bajek, Jeff
Bass
34″
13.25lbs
Teaser

Bajek, Jeff
Bass
32″
13lbs
T-Hex

Tony S.
Bass
38″
21.45lbs
T-Hex

Tony S.
Bass
35″
16.15lbs
T-Hex

Nebus, Ray
Bass
34″
13.1lbs
AVA

Nebus, Ray
Bass
30.5″
10.8lbs
AVA

Jensen,Dan
Bass
30″
9.5lbs
AVA

Jensen,Dan
Bass
31″
12.7lbs
AVA

Slager, Bruce
Bass
34″
13.95lbs
AVA

Mack, Bill
Bass
36″
16.25lbs
Teaser

Mack, Bill
Bass
32.5″
13.4lbs
T-Hex

Wagner, Paco
Bass
29″
8.9lbs
AVA

Wagner, Paco
Bass
32″
12.9lbs
Teaser

Molyneux, Dan
Bass
31″
11.1lbs
Teaser

Molyneux, Dan
Bass
34″
11.25lbs
SP Minnow

Maclunski, Robert
Bass
32″
11.8lbs
AVA

Maclunski, Robert
Bass
35.5″
17.15lbs
AVA

Spence, John
Bass
30.5″
10.4lbs
AVA

Spence, John
Bass
35″
15.55lbs
AVA

Sundt, Kris
Bass
34″
11.8lbs
AVA

Sundt, Kris
Bass
32.5″
11.8lbs
AVA

Moore, Brendan
Bass
30″
10.9lbs
AVA

Dishon, Jim
Bass
34″
12.45lbs
Grumpy Clam

Worth, Don
Bass
33.5″
15.15lbs
Felmlee Eel

Worth, Don
Bass
30.5″
12.15lbs
Felmlee Eel

Callan, Dennis
Bass
35″
15.15lbs
Popper

Callan, Dennis
Bass
37.5″
18.55lbs
Popper

Ratshin, CJ
Bass
34″
10.25lbs
T-Hex

Ratshin, CJ
Bass
36″
17.9lbs
T-Hex

Eggplant
Bass
39″
20.4lbs
T-Hex

Derusa. Lou
Bass
34″
13.1lbs
T-Hex

Stilton, Don
Bass
39″
18.9lbs
AVA

Stilton, Don
Bass
34″
16lbs
AVA

Serano, Miguel
Bass
29″
8.2lbs
AVA

Serano, Miguel
Bass
30″
9.55lbs
AVA

Vanderploeg,Rich
Bass
30″
9.9lbs
AVA

Vanderploeg,Rich
Bass
31″
11.35lbs
AVA

SharkHart
11-19-2013, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't care so much if there were alternative locations, but there is like 5 fish south of there to cape may total, maybe a bakers dozen north. :rolleyes:

robmedina
11-20-2013, 02:39 AM
ok I am gonna give it a go this morning before work. If the bite is still hot like yesterday and I don't hook up I will be posting in the knitting forum from now on!

clamchucker
11-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Fished the park this morning from 4:30 to 8. 5 bass all keeper size to 17pounds. Released. Best thing that worked for me was a diamond jig with green tail and a teaser. rob I hope you are not hanging it up yet. There are quite a few sandeels around and these fish may stay for a bit.

robmedina
11-20-2013, 09:46 AM
well I tried to go before work. a big wave took me iut and I got soaked diwn in my waders. I hung in there fir another hour. nothing going on. where is the knitting forum?

Monty
11-20-2013, 10:01 AM
well I tried to go before work. a big wave took me iut and I got soaked diwn in my waders. I hung in there fir another hour. nothing going on. where is the knitting forum?

Since I can't fish....one handed knitting may be possible, I'll start a knitting forum for me and you.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9270-The-Knitting-Forum&p=74520#post74520

Wow, my luck was bad with a shot shoulder and surgery, but its one thing after another for you.
Really hang in, you are bound to have your luck change. You are really due for a great day.

robmedina
11-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Since I can't fish....one handed knitting may be possible, I'll start a knitting forum for me and you.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9270-The-Knitting-Forum&p=74520#post74520

Wow, my luck was bad with a shot shoulder and surgery, but its one thing after another for you.
Really hang in, you are bound to have your luck change. You are really due for a great day.

So Monty which do you actually prefer, knitting or crochet? LOL!

porgy75
11-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't care so much if there were alternative locations, but there is like 5 fish south of there to cape may total, maybe a bakers dozen north. :rolleyes:

congrats clamchucker. Well it seems like its on at island beach. The internet tackle guy at betty and nicks said its epic and nothing like hes ever seen. Since you guys fish there a lot I was hoping someone here had a dose of reality. Is it really that good? I mean they had 50 weigh ins but that was sunday. What do you guys think I was going to go there saturday. Is it crowded and how long do you think these stripers will stay around? thanks

clamchucker
11-20-2013, 09:15 PM
congrats clamchucker. Well it seems like its on at island beach. The internet tackle guy at betty and nicks said its epic and nothing like hes ever seen. What do you guys think I was going to go there saturday. Is it crowded and how long do you think these stripers will stay around? thanks

You have to realize that John is in business to make money. If fish are being caught he tends to over-exaggerate it. It has been slow for him so long that he has to make all of his profit for the year in the next 2 months. He cannot do that if folks are on the fence about coming down. Read all tackle shop reports with a grain of salt and you will be ok. my fishing this morning was sporadic. I had 4 fish at first light in a 20 minute period and then did not get the last one until 2 hours later. A lot of the younger folks will drive around and run and gun. I am too old for that. I try to get there early and figure out where I want to fish. I stay there and hope I don't get mugged. If it gets too crowded I will leave.
As for coming on the weekend there may be fish then but today the activity was substatially less than monday or tuesday. The northeast wind put a crimp in the fishing and it is possible the fish that were here on tuesday have moved on. You can't tell that by reading a tackle shop or internet report. Best to come on down., come early and if at all possible try to pick a week day to fish. Good luck

bababooey
11-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Nice going on the catching clamchucker. Heard it was over by 9am today and there were still mongol hordes waiting to get in.

jigfreak
11-20-2013, 09:45 PM

Spot on shark its the best game in town right now. Fishing is terrible north and south. The few fish outside the park are like needles in a haystack.

What clamchucker said as well. I was there at 4:45 and already it was starting to get crowded. Outstanding job clamchucker. I had the malioka today, Picked up 2 keepers on Pt jude pogee and teaser. Kept the smaller one 11#. Took 3 hours to find those 2. Most of the guys I talked to said yesterday was far better. Insane crowds and dillydocks everywhere. The second one guy would unhook a bass 2 others jumped in to fill in his spot. One guy tried to do that to me and I told him I would fillet him if he tried. He ran away like a little girl and moved down the beach. By saturday it will be dilly city. What I saw today was a slow pick. Did not have the luxury of taking off from work. I don't know how all these guys do it fish all day on a weekday.

wish4fish
11-20-2013, 10:02 PM
nice reports i kno where im headed on friday. i dont care about the crowds i can fish clams in the dark if the stripers are there they will hit clams.

wish4fish
11-20-2013, 10:03 PM
. The second one guy would unhook a bass 2 others jumped in to fill in his spot. One guy tried to do that to me and I told him I would fillet him if he tried. He ran away like a little girl and moved down the beach. .

haha ran away like a gurl good work!

SharkHart
11-20-2013, 10:57 PM
A likely senario is the sweep will be significant thursday and maybe stirred up some slow bite might thin the crowds some, but the less experienced anglers will be operating off all news for sat. Low tide @ first light is coming too, some dudes arent gonna understand how that all goes

storminsteve
11-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Fished nomoco last night incoming tide it was cold and windy. Nothing at all for me. Anyone want to take bets on how long the island beach line is right now? jigfreak you are hardcore telling that guy you would fillet him. kudos.:thumbsup:

Monty
11-21-2013, 08:17 AM
jigfreak you are hardcore telling that guy you would fillet him. kudos.:thumbsup:
Agree, great line. Definitly not knitting forum material.
These guys who mug us or try to take our spots need to be enlightened like that.

seamonkey
11-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Fished cape may area this morning. Beautiful surf and sunrise. Nada

clamchucker
11-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Was at the park today at first light and did not do well. The northeast wind and swells affected the bite. Did not see any fish caught at all in the area I was fishing. It was crowded. Those folks driving down from far away would be best advised to wait until the wind shifts back to W/NW.

buckethead
11-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Grumpys had 15 weigh ins today. Add them to the 5 at B&N and you have 20. Add another 80 for all the folks who do not report and you may have 100 fish caught there today throughout the whole park. Most of those fish came at first light. At least 500 fishermen were in the park today. 100 is 20% of 500. Yessir that island beach bite is really stellar. not
Thanks for the honesty clamchucker

storminsteve
11-21-2013, 06:15 PM
clamchucker, bucket and finchaser thank you for helping to decipher the hype at island beach. I fished NoMoCo from 4-6 just got done. The water is beautiful. Lots of monty white water.;) I picked up an awesome skunk. Right now that hype is looking pretty good compared to what was in front of me tonight.

VSdreams
11-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the reports gents. Should be out tomorrow night. Hope to find something other than the skunk

voyager35
11-22-2013, 09:25 AM
As for coming on the weekend there may be fish then but today the activity was substatially less than monday or tuesday. The northeast wind put a crimp in the fishing and it is possible the fish that were here on tuesday have moved on. You can't tell that by reading a tackle shop or internet report. . Good luck

Grumpys had 15 weigh ins today. Add them to the 5 at B&N and you have 20. Add another 80 for all the folks who do not report and you may have 100 fish caught there today throughout the whole park. Most of those fish came at first light. At least 500 fishermen were in the park today. 100 is 20% of 500. Yessir that island beach bite is really stellar. not
Thanks for the honesty clamchucker

Good call gentlemen. The biggest body of fish is 2-3 miles out and beyond. I think the fish that were at Island Beach have moved on. A few Capts I know were into them near the inlet and to the HC area off LBI. Betty and Nicks was saying the same thing.

" 11/22/13 UPDATED 8:58 AM No fish anywhere on our local beaches. The 5 days of good fishing for the Fall maybe it. It might be over.
UPDATED 5:07 AM Had about 20 fish weighed in and 50 reported yesterday, but for the amount of anglers out there yesterday, I guess that wasn't enough "

clamchucker
11-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Very well stated voyager I agree. The amount and quality of fish that were close to the surf seems to have shifted south. I fished this morning and was not successful. I am sure some fish are still there but the level of activity has declined dramatically. I don't want to discourage anyone from coming down. It is good exercise and a chance to get out. John of Betty and Nicks and Grumpys need your business as well. The weekend should be beautiful. Come on down you never know what you may catch.

madcaster
11-22-2013, 11:35 AM
17752fished ISB out going tide ...walked to the end of the picket line ...skunked ...saw one fish caught on clams .....snagged a fluke ....snagged a ava with a teaser .....good to get out ...

SharkHart
11-22-2013, 12:20 PM
The boats hit this body of fish last week then the early week surf action- I think alot of the fish ended up in frying pans more so then moved on. Social media and a only game in town bite, bad for the fish!

baitstealer
11-22-2013, 01:56 PM
The boats hit this body of fish last week then the early week surf action- I think alot of the fish ended up in frying pans more so then moved on. Social media and a only game in town bite, bad for the fish!

The way they were talking about these bass on-line I kind of assumed there were dump trucks full of them. That's a good point maybe the party boats and all the keeping is putting a dent in the population. Who do you think is worse the party boats or the guys on the beach?
Madcaster thank you for the report. Were there a lot of fishermen out that day? reported to be very crowded.

madcaster
11-22-2013, 02:10 PM
it wasn't bad were I was ....lot of people leaving as I was come in ....tide was on it way out ...only chance I had to go .....

baitstealer
11-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Cool! Thaks for the response and betyter luck next time. The fishing can't stay slow forever.

SharkHart
11-22-2013, 03:55 PM
The way they were talking about these bass on-line I kind of assumed there were dump trucks full of them. That's a good point maybe the party boats and all the keeping is putting a dent in the population. Who do you think is worse the party boats or the guys on the beach?
Madcaster thank you for the report. Were there a lot of fishermen out that day? reported to be very crowded.

The charters who take 18 fish (with bonus tag) there is just more of them then the party boats and if you dropped trolling lines last week it was easy limits. When i was on the boat all party boats from Belmar were there too, about a hundred private boats. A few hundred surf guys left with limits mon- tues, it adds up against THIS body of fish, Even the ones I chucked back maybe wont hit a lure again for a week.

Having said all that there could be another little further on Sunday's cool front haaa :laugh:

Ever year a heavy school comes in first week of dec and sets up off monmoth beach or at Shrew rocks for the boats too, mark that down as a lock

cowherder
11-23-2013, 09:43 AM
^^^^^Good point sharkhart thanks for sharing it. Charters and party boats take so many fish its a wonder there are any left. I think I read here that guys from shore account for about 10% or less.
I fished nomoco from 5-7. Low tide and I was able to wade out a bit on the bar. Perfect morning though windy. Birds and sandeels were around but no love. Not even one hit. Might be joining rob and montys knitting forum soon.

Monty
11-23-2013, 09:50 AM
^^^^^Good point sharkhart thanks for sharing it. Charters and party boats take so many fish its a wonder there are any left. I think I read here that guys from shore account for about 10% or less.
I fished nomoco from 5-7. Low tide and I was able to wade out a bit on the bar. Perfect morning though windy. Birds and sandeels were around but no love. Not even one hit. Might be joining rob and montys knitting forum soon.
Careful with that knitting forum...its rough over there.
Pebbles even makes fun of us.
Lots of reports like yours of fishing nice water with bait around and skunkings.

porgy75
11-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Sign me up for the skunk of the month club. Another few trips like that and I may add the knitting forum to my resume as well. Fished southern monmouth around sunrise and about 1 1/2 hours after. Few other guys fishing. None of us caught except a guy throwing clams he had 2 skates. This is really starting to get old. I would be happy with one striper.

bababooey
11-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Don't mean to poke a hole in the balloon fellas but it could be close to the end. A lot of the striped bass are offshore. The northern party boats and Capt Al Ristori reported a new batch. Allegedly many of them are in the 15" class. Baby bass with a few keepers mixed in. If they are staging to go up the Hudson they may not even run the beaches. Somewhere a fat lady is singing and will be in your neighborhood soon.:don't know why:

Mike O
11-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Was out there this morning, very windy, not one hit. Hopefully the cold weather they are forecasting for the next few days won't put an end to the season.

Blazin420
11-24-2013, 03:35 PM
..I got out Fri night from 9-230am me,my buddy Dave and his newbie friend..Tuff night made 3 stops and Dave got the only fish 27in. This is the longest bad streak ive had in a while**...Nov is always bad for me i dont no whybut this year takes the cake!! ..I like Dec tho hope its better than this month...Have heard the boats out of the Highlands have been catching alot just all small 15-22in bass..Hope this cold front doesnt make all them lil guys run back up the Hudson.like bababooey said.I dont care what size the fish are i just wanna go out and get SOME action off the beach...Winds today are crazy and it LOOKS cold looking outside from my warm living room*..Hope to be back out Tuesday..Good job to those catching!

seamonkey
11-25-2013, 10:09 AM
I dont care what size the fish are i just wanna go out and get SOME action off the beach...Winds ..Good job to those catching!

Me too my rateof catching has been miserable lately! Fished cape may 3 times this weekend. Skunked twice got 1 skate on clams on the middle time. This really sucks I fished near an inlet, near some jetties and good spots on the beach that got me fish in the past at this time of year and nothing!!

finchaser
11-25-2013, 06:42 PM
A new body of fish moved in today off shark river, boat and beach fisherman got them, now your on your own. For the snot slingers they are on sand eels and lures are out fishing bait 10 to 1. Good luck my Thanksgiving gift to you.

buckethead
11-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Yep finchaser you are right on the $$. Picked up 13 this afternoon. All shorts, one was keeper size at 30".. All on small plugs, chicken scratch and black bomber and loaded redfin. Still swimming.

fishrich
11-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Fished a bunch of spots on ISBP from noon till dark with the OFFC and came up empty. Did not see or hear of any fish caught. There was a group boats off the beach but they were 2 to 3 miles out.

DarkSkies
11-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Fished a bunch of spots on ISBP from noon till dark with the OFFC and came up empty.

I know how persistent the OFFC is, fishing long after everyone else leaves the beach...it kills me that you were not able to find fish...If the OFFC is having a hard time finding em, it must be doubly hard for the others out there. especially the new guys.

A new body of fish moved in today .

That body of fish was moving fast.....I had a limited window to fish last night into this morning....3 1/2 hours tlll 7am...
Covered many miles, not a touch....lots of dead water.....conditions were prime, good water temp, building SE swell throughout the night....with a little bit of white water mixed in.....but by dawn and slack tide that water was back to being calm again....

Congrats to all those who did well yesterday...ran into a few people I know last night,,,,apparently Sunday was even better for the end of day bite...some impressive numbers....but ya gotta be standing on the red X when the fish pass by...as some of those fish are fast moving and were long gone by the time I got out there......very frustrating season, to say the least...

finchaser
11-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Fished the boat this AM 7 to 9 was great had 17 fish to 18# tide dropped out and wind went south turned them off like someone flipped a switch. fish were deep and no bird life present. Tonight and tomorrows storm could end it as many fish today were shorts or barely keepers. rivers were 35 degrees this AM canal 37 degrees Manasquan river 38 to 42 and ocean 46 to 48 degrees

madcaster
11-26-2013, 08:28 PM
fishing NJ coast line ....incoming to high.... pick a spot that the beach was empty way south of the crowds....blind casting for an hour ....bird action north of us .....we could tell where the fish were by the moving crowed along the shore. they were getting closer and closer....I hooked up on a few bass as they pasted by ....the crowd past us by as well ....at least I caught some ...sorry no pic ....they were moving to fast to take the shot .....caught on a home made plug 17764

Monty
11-27-2013, 07:04 AM
...I hooked up on a few bass as they pasted by ....the crowd past us by as well ....at least I caught some ...sorry no pic ....they were moving to fast to take the shot .....caught on a home made plug 17764
Nice, great to catch on your own. Your lures looked like they would catch with sand eels around.

seamonkey
11-27-2013, 10:05 AM
fishing NJ coast line ....incoming to high.... pick a spot that the beach was empty way south of the crowds....

Nice going madcaster! Away from the crowds even sweeter!

vpass
11-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Nice going Madcaster. You make some really hot looking lures. They definitly look marketable, and they catch.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I havent been posting, I'm on vacation and tried to keep away from my computer, also have nothing to report but alot of :skunk:. I fished days, and nights. I jumped onto sand bars, and walked miles. I went to spots that I always catch small bass and not even a bump.This has been the worst year since the 80's for me. I'm not even catching the tiny bass that would always save the day. I'm also not fishing like I use too, maybe 1/4 of the time that i use too. I might not be tuned in as some one that fishes every day, but I know where the small bass hang out and they are not there, I'm worryed about the future, it's not looking to good to me.

read thru many posts and seeing the same types of reports most are :skunk: reports. :scared:

storminsteve
11-28-2013, 12:10 PM
madcaster great report thanks for sharing. vpass that was a scary report thanks for the honesty.
Report outside island beach, do skunk reports count? Fished a few miles above island beach this morning. The weather and the air were refreshing. Surf was too damn big. Threw A37 and A47 and they got tossed around like they were cork bobbers. Way too rough to keep in the strike zone. My .02. Will be having turkey this thanksgiving no striper as a side dish.

basshunter
11-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Ocean county 5-7am. It was windy wind at your back not bad. A little cold it got warmer closer to sunrise. The water was dirty and I think that was part of the bad catching. Saw birds feeding on sandeels but no stripers or hits for me. Didn't see anyone else on the beach hooking up either.

J Barbosa
11-29-2013, 01:14 AM
I can already envision the crowds on the beaches in a few hours.

I fished near my house for a few hours but came up empty.

finchaser
11-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Slammed them on the beach at first light I had 8 to 16# some of my friends had up to 20 all on metal, SP minnow and needlefish.

Monty
11-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Slammed them on the beach at first light I had 8 to 16# some of my friends had up to 20 all on metal, SP minnow and needlefish.
Great report Fin, congrats on finding stripes

SharkHart
11-29-2013, 12:49 PM

you told us it was over! ha haa haa first year I sat out thanksgiving night since like ummm 98ish

finchaser
11-29-2013, 01:29 PM
I implied the end is near. It's not a night thing first light, these fish came out of mud hole with a ton of sand eels fish are mostly 18 to 24 inch with a few keepers mixed in water was 45.

There was skim ice on the creeks and lagoons this AM

storminsteve
11-29-2013, 07:43 PM
you told us it was over! ha haa haa first year I sat out thanksgiving night since like ummm 98ish

Yea I remember reading that too! He made an end run and had the fish to himself! way to go finchaser. I fished nomoco twice today and it was kind of lame. Got some short stripers on metal and redgill. Came back at 4pm and nada.

vpass
11-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Great going Fin. glad there some action, and you got them. I was home thing nothing was happening along the beach. I'm starting to notice I'm gaining weight here.:wow: Should of went out just for the exercise.

buckethead
11-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Nice going fellas. Picked up a few short bass this morning. No keepers, 7 hungry little guys. Round, fat, looked like little tunny. Feeding on sandeels out past the bar. Diamond jig with red gill. Hope they stay awhile.

robmedina
11-30-2013, 08:50 AM
^^^^^I hope so too. I am getting a second fly rod together for the salt. Should have all the components by mid week. Its supposed to be 47 tomorrow- maybe I will take the echo 2 hander out tomorrow and try it in the surf.

SharkHart
11-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Got into some of those late season shorties thanks to a hot tip :thumbsup: even though they weren't big it was fun to finally cast into birds and chase em down the beach which i haven't been able to find all year. if it wasnt for that darn NE wind cutting down the distance i think i could have doubled the catch. Ended up walking a mile down the beach the never ending birds just a little south, kept me warm though. Saw ice skims on lagoons as i left before 10 am still.

finchaser
11-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Way to go^^^ glad you got into to them