PDA

View Full Version : Balls of Brass.......

DarkSkies
11-07-2013, 10:59 PM
3 cheers for those who fight the good fight....speak their minds....and won't back down on principle.....:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No matter how bloody and beaten they get.....still stick up for what they believe in, and see, with their own eyes.....:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
11-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Willing to take dozens of insults about their manhood.....
Willing to run the gauntlet of misinformed fishermen....
Willing to take harsh criticism by some of who don't want to see, what is in front of their eyes.....

I have been fighting with Commercial fishermen, and their lies, for a few years now......
I think I'm immune to insults and put-downs, it comes with the territory......

Monty and JBarbosa.....
When the striped bass population crashes. (and it will, mark my words) :learn: it will not be the fault of the Comms...it will be us, the Recs, who are responsible......

How is this possible?
I know lots of different types of fishermen.
1. Although some of us are outraged at the commercial bass fishing, (and there are some egregious abuses where bass is sold illegallly), they are highly regulated and subject to tighter enforcement than the recs.
2. There is more inconsistency in the reported recreational numbers, with a history or under-reporting numbers, inconsistency with enforcing regs.
3. The sheer volume of yearly aggregate striped bass harvested by us Recs is simply greater than than caught by the Comms.
4. These aren't empty words by me. There are historical yearly stats out there that prove that.

Bless you two for trying to point that out....to those who refuse to look with open eyes......

You guys both eat and have killed striped bass.....How would that make you tree huggers? :huh:
How many posts has Barbosa put up here? (Answer: Many) with his bounty from the sea, and the tasty meals his family has eaten...striped bass,,,crabs,,,etc....

I don't see how trying to raise awareness, would make ya a tree hugger.....

There is a difference between being a Conservationist (do a Google search for Bob Pond) RIP...
And a Preservationist....which are the PETA and PEW folks.....

You 2 freaking Googs ;) don't even come close, to being preservationists....
and are welcome in my house any time....:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
11-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Conservation vs Preservation

A supporter or an advocate of conservation is called a conservationist

Read more: http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-conservation-and-preservation/#ixzz2k1YOVoQF

Preservation on the other hand is the act of keeping safe or free from harm or decay.

Read more: http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-conservation-and-preservation/#ixzz2k1YbV07s

Preservationists are those, who would put preservation of a species, above all other concerns, such as PETA, PEW, and the folks who would put MPAs in our areas, usually connected to PEW...these folks are the most elitist pieces of garbage, you would ever want to meet....because many of them don't even fish.......http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.png

**Conservationists. like Bob Pond...Bill Wetzel, Lou Tabory, **** Russel, Zeno Hromin, Crazy Alberto Knie...are those who love catching and eating, and lived through the Moratorium and don't want to see it happen again.... and having them around, for our Children, and Grandchildren....wanting to make sure enough are around, to sustain future generations.....

There is a difference......
I am sad for those, who can or will not see that....

bababooey
11-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Sounds like I missed the fight. How many rounds was it? Will there be a rematch? Should I bring popcorn?:)

J Barbosa
11-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Sounds like I missed the fight. How many rounds was it? Will there be a rematch? Should I bring popcorn?:)

We are always trying to fight the good fight bababooey. DarkSkies does this more than anyone I know personally.

I am not one to call guys out for keeping fish (even big breeders) unless there is some blatant abuse.

J Barbosa
11-08-2013, 11:29 AM
"I was just trying to educate this young man and his dad why killing their two bass plus bonus tag for each man on the boat often several times per week is not sustainable for the striper fishery.

I would think its something they should be concerned about as he has made it clear that he is planning to start a charter business. I believe he would be better served releasing the excess bass they can't eat rather than taking them to a local "shelter".

I reiterate again that he should reach out in private to some of the captains who sponsor this board and have been doing it for 20+ years. Many are not willing to post the truth about the stocks as it will hurt their business. No customer wants to read the poor reports from Monday and Tuesday when he is paying $700 for Wednesday's charter.

We can hide behind the law all we want stating our actions are legal. My question to those constantly patting him on the back and defending the legality...

If murder was legal does that make it moral or acceptable? You can state this analogy is different and I can refer you to many points in history.

"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Unlike Hitler I don't have the power to change or enforce the laws but I can try my best.

Its often those who speak up first who end up get burned at the steak while the rest of the sheep continue to herd on until it is too late.

I am far from a tree hugger and don't consider myself a troll. I post here and elsewhere using my name, the same name thats on my drivers license and other fishing forums. I recognize many of the names here and im sure many of them recognize mine.

I myself take a striper on occasion to eat but I doubt I have kept six all year long; I haven't brought one home since May and that is by choice. To my family they are still a treat and not just chicken of the sea...

I wish you the best of luck in the charter business but I truly wish you would start considering your own interests as well as those of others."

jigfreak
11-08-2013, 11:56 AM
There is a difference between being a Conservationist (do a Google search for Bob Pond) RIP...
And a Preservationist....which are the PETA and PEW folks.....

You 2 freaking Googs ;) don't even come close, to being preservationists....

I say they are googans, After all isn't the greatness of who you are designated by your post count?
Only 7 posts ever there you fellas must be lightweights and still wet behind the ears.:kooky:

"I was just trying to educate this young man and his dad why killing their two bass plus bonus tag for each man on the boat often several times per week is not sustainable for the striper fishery.

I would think its something they should be concerned about as he has made it clear that he is planning to start a charter business. I believe he would be better served releasing the excess bass they can't eat rather than taking them to a local "shelter".

I reiterate again that he should reach out in private to some of the captains who sponsor this board and have been doing it for 20+ years. Many are not willing to post the truth about the stocks as it will hurt their business. No customer wants to read the poor reports from Monday and Tuesday when he is paying $700 for Wednesday's charter.

We can hide behind the law all we want stating our actions are legal. My question to those constantly patting him on the back and defending the legality...

Its often those who speak up first who end up get burned at the steak while the rest of the sheep continue to herd on until it is too late.

I am far from a tree hugger and don't consider myself a troll. I post here and elsewhere using my name, the same name thats on my drivers license and other fishing forums. I recognize many of the names here and im sure many of them recognize mine.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: I was being sarcastic about darks googan comments.
I saw the fight. They were trying to discredit you both because of your posting history. There is a lot of wisdom in what you said jbarbosa. Monty you did a pretty good job slugging it out too.
On a board where meat is worshipped at the altar it's highly unlikely to make any inroads to change the minds. You are dealing with a caveman mentality. I know a few charter captains and you are right. The truth they speak at barbeques and parties is a lot more grim than the reports they put out on the internet. Thanks for putting the gloves on in the battle royale.

I saw another post where a fella was slamming Betty and Nicks. They don't realize that if the sandeels did not come to IBSP in 2011 John would probably been bankrupt by now. The fishing at Island beach has been downhill for years. When you read his reports he says the bass are all over. If 200 guys fish the park every weekend and they only have 3-10 weigh ins the fishing is not good. Bass fishing is down everywhere. I have seen it in the last 5 years. If you cant admit that you need to have your head examined. What you said was all true. I hope some of it did not fall on deaf ears. The stripers are in trouble.

captnemo
11-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Fom my logs I can tell you that the striped bass numbers have declined. one example we have been out at the shrewsbury rocks 3 times in October. Have trolled or jigged bass only one of those trips. I see a spike in my numbers normally in November. However those rocks hold bass and small fry forage. When the folks were doing so well over in long island in October we should have had those bass here as well. It seems the NJ fishermen had to wait. This has not been the case for me in the past. Fishing at the rocks is the poorest that it has been for me in years.

Monty
11-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Its not about having balls of brass or even arguing with them.
Its the disgust I have for many who fish and absolutely do not care one bit on what is happening to the striped bass population.
They have enough passion to spend $$$ on their trips, but display zero respect for the fishery.
And many show zero respect for other people.

storminsteve
11-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I just read it. monty and barbose must of took lessons from Bonjasky. KO at 6:20. Awesome work guys.
:kicknuts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snDU0I3Um2g

"These fish are in no way endangered in NJ..... Maybe we should kill more stripers since its a common theory that stripers are feeding on weakfish and making their stocks lower than years past"

HooRah! Thats what we need to do kill more.Maybe start a petition to extend the bonus tags to include 2 extra instead of 1. Why didn't I think of that?http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png

plugcrazy
06-14-2016, 08:12 PM

If murder was legal does that make it moral or acceptable? You can state this analogy is different and I can refer you to many points in history.

"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Unlike Hitler I don't have the power to change or enforce the laws but I can try my best.

I myself take a striper on occasion to eat but I doubt I have kept six all year long; I haven't brought one home since May and that is by choice. To my family they are still a treat and not just chicken of the sea...

I wish you the best of luck in the charter business but I truly wish you would start considering your own interests as well as those of others."

Whatever that was it seems like it was worth the fight,
Thanks.