PDA

View Full Version : The Knitting Forum

Monty
11-20-2013, 12:45 PM
This forum is for those who can't fish.....
Whether it's bad luck preventing fishing or some other circumstance....
Black Cloud Rob (I didn't make that name up) , lol, has had a decent run of bad luck lately and was mentioning what I guess is (or will be) his second hobby, knitting :huh:.

:HappyWave:

I have been on the sidelines with a shot shoulder since late August, while knitting is out of the question (only got 1 arm for a while), I read can read a lot.
https://encrypted.google.com/books/images/frontcover/fV39vD6-vP4C?fife=w300

Congrats to those who have been getting out and fishing and catching (really enjoy the reports, thanks). And a wish of better luck to BCR as lately it sounds like either he can't get to his fishing spot (knuckle head crashes into him) or when he does he got whacked by a wave :wheeeee:.

12 weeks so far without fishing for me.....missing it big time....can't wait for spring :viking:

robmedina
11-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Black cloud Rob, LOL! You have no idea my friend! lmao!

porgy75
11-20-2013, 01:24 PM
haha too funny! Come on now you dudes aren't going to throw in the towel are you?

robmedina
11-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Monty will never throw in the towel. He is on injured reserves. Me???? I may concede to leaving the blitz to you guys. It really isn't fun hoping fish will swim by....

Monty
11-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Monty will never throw in the towel. He is on injured reserves. Me???? I may concede to leaving the blitz to you guys. It really isn't fun hoping fish will swim by....
:HappyWave:
I had a vacation planed for the week of December 2nd, Fishing that week, cancelled the vacation, will be working now :upck:.
Targeting my next cast into the Atlantic on April 6th. :fishing:

BCR, (LOL), one of my favorite times to fish is now,hope you can get out there. You can knit all winter :thumbsup:.

Pebbles
11-20-2013, 07:39 PM
I have a great idea. One of you can hold the rod and the other can reel! :ROFLMAO

bababooey
11-20-2013, 09:26 PM
I have a great idea. One of you can hold the rod and the other can reel! :ROFLMAO

Dudes, if dark's wife is making fun of you, maybe you better man up.:laugh:
I thought you surfcasters were supposed to be tough as nails. Sleep by the side of the road. Brush your teeth with steel wool. Go for a whole weekend without using soap.:scared: Rob you're going to let a little cold water stand in your way of the bite of the year? This is supposed to be stripers and anglers not stripers and knitters! Man up dudes and get back out there. By the way rob once you find the fish feel free to pm me. I don't want to chase them and didn't make the cut for the finchaser intel chain this year. Help a brother out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYGLrJhhbqM

Monty
11-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Dudes, if dark's wife is making fun of you, maybe you better man up.:laugh:
I thought you surfcasters were supposed to be tough as nails. Sleep by the side of the road. Brush your teeth with steel wool. Go for a whole weekend without using soap.:scared: Rob you're going to let a little cold water stand in your way of the bite of the year? This is supposed to be stripers and anglers not stripers and knitters! Man up dude

Stripers and kittens/knitters.....whatever. Great song bababooey.
That Pebbles post hurt.....didn't see that one coming.Splat.
Will never start a thread again with the word knitting in it.:idea:

Q

wish4fish
11-20-2013, 10:00 PM
I thought you surfcasters were supposed to be tough as nails. Sleep by the side of the road. Brush your teeth with steel wool. Go for a whole weekend without using soap.:scared:

haha thats just dark and i kno cuz we fished next to him a lot and he sleeps in his car and he DOES smell! rob n monty are you men or mice!!!!!!!! throw some ice water on your balls and get back at it. monty arnt u the one that fishes 12 hours at a time? do u want us to put out the tin cup for u or what? dont feel bad i bin freezing my balls off in the back bay and it is dead city and colder than a witches ***! ima gonna try to get down there i kno i can get some fish on clams or avas if all these fish are getting caught. rob get back out there it was lots o times in the spring we got skunker and had bad times. build a fire next time and dry out! and a wading belt wud help too be careful out there!

DarkSkies
11-20-2013, 11:13 PM
^ :2flip: :moon:..Wish4......pffft...that's the best ya can do? :rolleyes:
Soap and showers are over-rated. When I'm hunting down fish at night I ain't concerned about if my hair is combed straight or how handsome I look...it's all about the fish......you mooks don't smell so great yourselves sometimes...ya need to use that toilet paper better....:HappyWave:

Rob, I'm the one that gave ya that name, Black Cloud Rob...
Don't want to have Monty taking the heat for that....it was all my idea......

That's what friends do for their friends...when things are down for them, they bust their balls till they laugh a little, and get back in the game.....
Please don't give it up...ya gotta come back in this thread and tell us ya overcame those speed-bumps.....

Even Pebbles got involved to call both of ya's out..:clapping: :scared:...that really surprised me...she did it without me prompting her......so I would suggest that even though the fishing sucks in 90% of the water right now......that you try to concentrate on the 10% that is holding fish....and get back up on the saddle.....dig in...and fish the first light and end of day times......if ya stick with that plan you should run into a fish or 2.......

DarkSkies
11-20-2013, 11:17 PM
That Mook Monty.... he's a lost cause..and an internet troublemaker....:rolleyes:.....if he wants to take up knitting.....I can't stop him...Good luck and God Bless....:d:HappyWave:

I want to toughen this thread up a bit.......
So Monty, I gotta ask........

With that shoulder surgery......how is it.... learning to wipe, with your opposite hand? :whoo:
How long did it take to train yourself in that part of bathroom etiquette?

I'm sure the readers would really appreciate knowing that....thanks in advance for enlightening us....:laugh: :HappyWave:

Monty
11-20-2013, 11:34 PM

With that shoulder surgery......how is it learning to wipe, with your opposite hand? :whoo:

I'm sure the readers would really appreciate knowing that....thanks in advance for enlightening us....:laugh: :HappyWave:

Having to do things lefty that I have always done righty was dificult. Even eating I was finding pieces of oatmeal on my cheek hours later...think someone might mention it to me... As for what you mentioned ....about ten days, and then it was like finally....it was epic.

dogfish
11-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Jumping all over from knitting to tub thumping to churches to as*-wiping. Awesome:kooky:

surfstix1963
11-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Try not fishing in 4 years then you finally get out and there are no fish anyways.Learning curves try a neck and back brace at the same time that really sucked.

robmedina
11-21-2013, 05:13 AM

surfstix1963
11-21-2013, 06:16 AM
^^^^^^^^^ that about explains it.

storminsteve
11-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Haha black cloud rob aka BCR! Looks like you're stuck with it now. Seriously hope things get better for both you guys. You too surfstix. Don't feel bad about the lousy fishing. I was out in nomoco last night and couldn't even find a sea robin or star gazer to hit what I was throwing. I guess today there will be another mass rush to island beach. Hooray :rolleyes:

J Barbosa
11-21-2013, 07:45 AM
http://www.cartoonaday.com/images/cartoons/2013/11/depression-under-a-dark-cloud-598x568.jpg

hookset
11-21-2013, 09:20 AM

You can always fish for doggies and skates. Plenty of them swimming by.:fishing:

hookset
11-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Try not fishing in 4 years then you finally get out and there are no fish anyways.Learning curves try a neck and back brace at the same time that really sucked.

Wow not fishing in 4 years. Hope things are better for you now.

clamchucker
11-21-2013, 10:18 AM
rob it has been a very frustrating year. Even the Toms river has held less fish.
monty and surfstix godspeed in your recovery.

surfstix1963
11-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks Clamchucker I'm as good as I can get from my surgeries, so I have to take what I have.Back to plugbuilding for this season.

storminsteve
11-21-2013, 06:12 PM
rob or monty if you guys are knittng this winter I could use a real wool cap to keep warm. No bass in jersey anyway you might as well stay home.:HappyWave:

Monty
11-21-2013, 06:23 PM
rob or monty if you guys are knittng this winter I could use a real wool cap to keep warm. No bass in jersey anyway you might as well stay home.:HappyWave:

Want a matching set of mittens too? :HappyWave:

storminsteve
11-21-2013, 06:51 PM
um sesame street is a little ghey.:scared:
How about you knit something in black or dark blue. I'll buy you a hamburger or 2 hot dogs for trade.

J Barbosa
11-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Monty,

Can I get the Sesame Street cap above with "St Croix" embroidered in red lettering in Elmo's Mouth?

It will go great with my Avid/vs combo :)

bababooey
11-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Monty,

Can I get the Sesame Street cap above with "St Croix" embroidered in red lettering in Elmo's Mouth?

It will go great with my Avid/vs combo :)

I'll take one as well, with the name "Bababooey" lettered underneath. Can you have it done by xmas?:HappyWave:

Monty
11-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I'll take one as well, with the name "Bababooey" lettered underneath. Can you have it done by xmas?:HappyWave:

Arms in sling for another two weeks....Xmas will be tough.
Wow did I make a mistake starting this thread. :don't know why:
Thanks BCR for mentioning knitting.

JB that hat would go great with that combo. Avids :heart:

J Barbosa
11-21-2013, 07:49 PM
A serious mark on your man card!

Your next venture should be man purses.

robmedina
11-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Wow did I make a mistake starting this thread. :don't know why:
Thanks BCR for mentioning knitting.

See what happens when you have too much time on your hands. LOL!

Monty
11-21-2013, 08:16 PM
A serious mark on your man card!

Your next venture should be man purses.

See what happens when you have too much time on your hands. LOL!
To much time on hands and did not think this one out.
So I started the one below to kinda counter this one.
It's more manly. Man this one was a mistake. Pebbles was even taking shots at me.
Bababooey actually took it easy on me, :don't know why:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9271-Peer-pressure-on-Surfcasters

porgy75
11-23-2013, 10:12 AM
That Mook Monty.... he's a lost cause..and an internet troublemaker....:rolleyes:.....if he wants to take up knitting.....I can't stop him...Good luck and God Bless....:d:HappyWave:

With that shoulder surgery......how is it.... learning to wipe, with your opposite hand? :whoo:

Having to do things lefty that I have always done righty was dificult. Even eating I was finding pieces of oatmeal on my cheek hours later...think someone might mention it to me... As for what you mentioned ....about ten days, and then it was like finally....it was epic.

Gross. You guys are sick!!!!!!!!!