PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for December 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

DarkSkies
11-28-2013, 03:52 PM
NJ Fishing Reports for December 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com
**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

**For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

1. If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:
If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?

2. If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
More discussion on this:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3763)

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free. :fishing:

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
IBSP - Island Beach State Park
LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
CMC - Cape May County
GEI - Great Egg Inlet
TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
BB - Barnegat Bay
CB - Chesapeake Bay
DB - Delaware Bay

DarkSkies
11-28-2013, 03:53 PM
VSDreams,
you won the plug in the November 2013 random drawing!:clapping: :thumbsup:
PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked! :skunk::D

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!:clapping:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6338&thumb=1&d=1238964999 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6338&d=1238964999)

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340&thumb=1&d=1238965622 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340&d=1238965622)

DarkSkies
11-28-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm setting this thread up early this month to make sure it starts on time....

Overview: I don't know what December will bring....
Historically, we have had up to 3 weeks of activity in late November/December as the "Death Rats" - Signalling the end leg of the Fall Migration...show up at a lot of NJ beaches.....

They should be here already, as friends in LI are calling me daily asking me about the fishing opportunities in Jersey....the bite over there has been winding down for some time now. It's safe to say the LI opportunities, other than a few stray fish end of day or night that may be following the last schools of bait...or some herring that are starting to show up...are getting very thin.....

Hopefully we'll have some good end of season action in Jersey.....
I have to sadly report that even those fish, may have passed us by.....last Sunday night into Monday there was a pretty decent bite of these smaller fish.....some got real excited by it...as did I...and within 24 hours the fish disappeared into the mist.....:don't know why:

**The lack of patterns has got many of us scratching our heads this year....once you learn these patterns and know what to look for, when to be out there......historically in the past we could catch fish for weeks at a time.......

As many other members have pointed out here, in much better words than I.....
Ya can't catch, what ain't there....
And the numbers of fish we traditionally saw inshore this time of year....are not there.....

I know about all the fish offshore...and the thousands of fish some will see if out in a boat in the midst of feeding fish,,,remember that thousands in one location, does not translate to the millions of pounds that the ASMFC claims exist.........

There are severe gaps in the oldest and youngest striped bass year classes.......
(posts #78 onward)
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8788-Dark-Skies-Conservation-Corner/page4

I don't want to sound like a broken record....but many of us fishing for a few decades or more, understand that the bass are just not there......Yet there are some who continue to deny, what hundreds of us, are now noticing and talking about.....

There I go again, talking about the biomass..:beatin:..I imagine some folks are sick of it already....:scared: :kooky:

What I want to convey is that fishing is as important to me, as the air I breathe.....a closure will not affect me.....I will still fish no matter what the consequences.....and I won't suffer as badly as many out there will, if there is a moratorium.......

**So please keep that in mind.....we love to catch and eat bass.....I just had some from my freezer this week...mixed with rice and with Spanish spices....it tasted great.....You can care about the future of striped bass...and still be a sportsman, and outdoorsman, and a man with principles........

We have to carefully monitor that we don't tell folks keeping legal bass, that it is wrong,,,because they are violating no laws....in the end, I think education and raising awareness, are the best ways to go about things......:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
11-28-2013, 04:12 PM
**In closing, most of us just want to catch some fish....we derive immense enjoyment from being out there, catching, and the whole experience of each trip........
In my hopes and prayers I am wishing for a decent month of fishing for most of ya's....more time out there in different conditions may help ya's to have success....as for patterns, don't ask me....all the patterns I used to look forward to...have fallen apart this year.........

Tight lines and Happy Holidays to All......
Catch em up! :fishing:

Blazin420
12-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Ill start Dec off with a good report...Got out this am 6-1030am..I was thinking this might be my last trip for a while..After the worst Nov I have ever had..I figured Dec couldn't be any worsehttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif..Well you can take me off suicide watchhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif..Managed 10 shorts and 1 nice keeper @28.5in..shorts were all 18-22in with 1 or 2 that made 24in all fat as little footballs! They started as soon as the sun came up and I had them till the tide went out to much..Most guys in the area were catching the little guys didn't see any other keeper size fish hit the sand..It was all about the 007AVA with a tail hook I madehttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gifthats all they seemed to hit for me..Nice morning and it wasn't that freezing out there which was a plus..Birds were picking here and there..Its been 2 years since I kept a fish so after all my hours of casting at nothing in Nov I decided I earned this one so she came home for dinner! Fish had a few sandeels and some small calicos in her belly! Seems like a morn/daytime bite right now my bud was in the same area last night with the same tide and didn't get a bump!....Guess I cant quite put my stuff away for the winter yethttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/uhoh.gifhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif...That fish is gonna taste great lol!

finchaser
12-01-2013, 07:26 PM
She's going to sing soon

Fished a 4 club 5 day surf tournament only 4 weigh ins total for 5 days.

Charter boats are giving up and switching to blackfish

Head boats are fishing 5 miles off a big no no also the 3 boats had no pool winners

water down to 43

cowherder
12-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Congrats on the catching blazin and also the keeper. You put your time in and have got a lot of skunks lately. I fished nomoco last night before dark. Picked at the small fish and ended up with 3 to 22" on a small bomber. The water felt cold and I think the fat lady she will be singing loudly soon.

fishinmission78
12-02-2013, 10:48 AM
fished the park this morning. Last of the incoming and 1 hour of out. Caught the skunk. Fat lady looming large

Blazin420
12-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanx Cow..yeah she's tuning up..but I hope the lil guys stick around a bit thry are fun to play with! Im thinking the warmer temps this week hopefully keep the water temp at least the same it is now..

fishrich
12-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Two of us fished OC from 2pm to 6pm and only caught a fish each at dark to avoid the skunk. Only saw two other fish caught.

DarkSkies
12-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Two of us fished OC from 2pm to 6pm and only caught a fish each at dark to avoid the skunk. Only saw two other fish caught.

The OFFC is some of the best of the best, :HappyWave: and those were your results......:(

She's going to sing soon

Fished a 4 club 5 day surf tournament only 4 weigh ins total for 5 days.

Charter boats are giving up and switching to blackfish

Head boats are fishing 5 miles off a big no no also the 3 boats had no pool winners

water down to 43

**Kind of sobering, to realize that with all those veteran anglers fishing...that's the top tier of the anglers out there....those were the best results...it's been stated over and over by Fin, the OFFC..... and others on here...ya can't catch what ain't there.....

Finchaser is so modest.:cool:..he forgot to mention that he came in first in that tourney......
Congrats, pal.....great job.....for an old grouchy basstid......:laugh: :kiss: :thumbsup: :clapping:

storminsteve
12-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Hey at least you guys tried and got some fish. That in itself is a small miracle. Fished moco yesterday 4-7pm and got one small bass about 18" on the redgill.
Finchaser congrats on the tourney win! How big was your winning fish?

Mike O
12-04-2013, 10:59 AM
I took the day off Monday from work and decided to catch the incoming tide. Actually that is all I was able to catch. At dawn birds were working, when I made a cast I caught something else A FRIGGIN BIRD! I reeled him in, he must of weighed at least 5lbs. what a fight!I would have gotten a more accurate weight, but I could not figure out how to keep my Boga grip attached to his F"in beak! Is their an accessory that I can buy for that? As I proceeded to untangle my line from it's wing (catch and release) whatever fish were under all the birds swam away into the sunrise. After that fiasco I just went home.

Mike O
12-04-2013, 11:02 AM
BTW the bird is still flying

finchaser
12-04-2013, 11:58 AM
This AM 9 bass to 29" all released all on SP Minnow my friend had 18 fish were there for like an hour and disappeared

finchaser
12-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Hey at least you guys tried and got some fish. That in itself is a small miracle. Fished moco yesterday 4-7pm and got one small bass about 18" on the redgill.
Finchaser congrats on the tourney win! How big was your winning fish?

16 1/2 pounds caught on SS stubby

Shorelady
12-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Haven't been out much in Nov. Fished pretty hard the past weekend and Sunday found some shorts in NoMoCo. Really can't get too excited about the fall I had. Lack of time and wrong place at the wrong time. As far as Yak fishing, I'm guessing I'm done for the year. Will still try to hit the surf, when work allows.

fishrich
12-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Fished MoCo 2:30pm to 5:30pm with the OFFC and an old fart guest fisherman. Got off to a slow start but at 4:30 we had a good bite for 45 minutes which ended abruptly. All fish were caught on SS needlefish and mambo minnows.

basshunter
12-05-2013, 09:24 AM

Fished MoCo 2:30pm to 5:30pm with the OFFC and an old fart guest fisherman. Got off to a slow start but at 4:30 we had a good bite for 45 minutes which ended abruptly. All fish were caught on SS needlefish and mambo minnows.

Nice! At least you got some fish! finchaser congrats on the tourney win 16 1/2 lbs is impressive considering that most fish now are around 16 inches. I fished oc this morning 5-8am. One bump in the dark and nothing after that. Fat lady around the corner.

basshunter
12-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Haven't been out much in Nov. Fished pretty hard the past weekend and Sunday found some shorts in NoMoCo. Really can't get too excited about the fall I had. Lack of time and wrong place at the wrong time. As far as Yak fishing, I'm guessing I'm done for the year. Will still try to hit the surf, when work allows.

hey nice to see you posting again. on here I read something about you winning a tourney as well last year. If the kayakers are giving up that can't be good can it? I remember in the last 2 years you all were fishing in dec and jan.

cowherder
12-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Well at least there is some life left in Iceland! Thanks for the reports fellas.

finchaser
12-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Fished this morning yesterdays rather large school has moved on out caught 2 micro bass and with Sundays rain/ snow and next weeks winter like temps I think we will hear her scream she's tuning up. DS control yourself

fishinmission78
12-05-2013, 01:35 PM
^^ She is a rather large one.
Fished oc sunrise and 1/2 hour after. One short bass on teaser. Winding down for the year

buckethead
12-06-2013, 04:45 AM
I took the day off Monday from work and decided to catch the incoming tide. Actually that is all I was able to catch. At dawn birds were working, when I made a cast I caught something else A FRIGGIN BIRD! I reeled him in, he must of weighed at least 5lbs. what a fight!I would have gotten a more accurate weight, but I could not figure out how to keep my Boga grip attached to his F"in beak! Is their an accessory that I can buy for that? As I proceeded to untangle my line from it's wing (catch and release) whatever fish were under all the birds swam away into the sunrise. After that fiasco I just went home.

MikeO funny story. Hope the fish Gods smile on you for next time.
Congrats on the tourney win finchaser.
Fished the atlantic ocean yesterday until sunset. Managed 17 bass. What worked was metal and teaser, and small plugs. Fish were mostly smaller but fat and aggressive. As I said most were very small, up to one keeper at 30", still swimming.

fishinmission78
12-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Nice catch and release on the bird mike. Sometimes a towel can help put it over the head and then work the plug out or cut it. Fished oc for an hour. Trying to make the fat lady go away. Nothing for me. Lots of rain and clouds but the water wasn't that bad. grats on the tourney win finchaser. With the small size of the fish we are seeing lately 16.5lbs is a beast.

clamchucker
12-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Picked up 8 shorts this morning between 6-7:30 am. Diamond jig and redgill, ocean county. Finchaser nice work on the tournament.

finchaser
12-06-2013, 09:15 PM
thanks guys

Shorelady
12-07-2013, 05:32 AM
hey nice to see you posting again. on here I read something about you winning a tourney as well last year. If the kayakers are giving up that can't be good can it? I remember in the last 2 years you all were fishing in dec and jan.

I'm sure the guys will still get out. But unless it is a nice calm warm day, I'll be fishing from the beach.
Did pick up some shorts yesterday before work, all on metal.

finchaser
12-07-2013, 12:48 PM
got 4 shorts this AM they are getting smaller

Shorelady
12-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Picked up many shorts on metal this am in Moco. They were very short. Had a great time with the light rod.

hookset
12-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Fished moco today got a bakers dozen of shorts. like shorelady and finchaser said they are getting smaller. death rats. All on metal and teaser combo.

storminsteve
12-08-2013, 09:27 AM
nice going guys and gals!

Shorelady
12-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Tried to fish again today. Hands just couldn't take it. Buddies got plenty of shorts again. Went home and ordered more hand warmers and a zippo hand warmer.

storminsteve
12-09-2013, 10:49 AM
^^^^ Wow shorelady looks like you have more cajones than some of the guys do! Way to get out there and still try. I fished yesterday from 2-4. Snow on the ground and slippery. Big surf. It was COLD!!!!!!!!:scared: Nothing but the skunk for me. Still don't want to give up for the year so I will keep trying until the weather shuts it down

cowherder
12-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Way to go bucket and shorelady. Your reports are still inspiring until that fat lady brings her cold hearted aria to NJ!

buckethead
12-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys. Fished moco 6-7:30 end of the outgoing. Water is cleaning up a bit. Swells down. Some birds working but no fish for me. Maybe another tide change conditions will be better. Water was colder and fat lady may sing this week.

storminsteve
12-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I am hoping for some stray fish to keep the big woman busy. Buy her donuts.

finchaser
12-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Fished this AM I had 9 all on mucho minnow my friend had 14 on SP and another had 6 we fished till the snow made it uncomfortable. I'm getting too old for this s_hit second thought nah

basshunter
12-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Awesome finchaser you are an animal!
I fished from 12-1pm moco top of the tide. Picked up 5 shorts using light bucktail and white grub. Water was clean or dirty depending on where you were standing but definitely fishable.

finchaser
12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
fished this afternoon 3 to 5 released 7 bass all on jig head and rubber bounced on bottom fish were right in wash

finchaser
12-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Fished this morning had 3 in the16 to 18" range water down to 44 with allot of sea smoke guides were icing up.

storminsteve
12-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Last man standing - nice!

finchaser
12-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Fished this afternoon 3-5 brutally cold I had 5 my friend had 10 and my other friend had 2 we bounced DOA 5 1/2 inch jerk baits and Gags Whip it fished on bottom at a painfully slow pace with an occasional twitch as fish were very lethargic. My friend who had 10 got them on the old Vision sand eel. The fat lady is really really close

buckethead
12-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Fished this afternoon 3-5 brutally cold -The fat lady is really really close

The first and last sentences of your post say it all. I got out of bed at 5 am this morning and was going to hit the beach. Looked at the temperature and said the hell with it. I have to give it to you finchaser you are the last of a dying breed. The old salts who work for their fish despite lack of participation or internet reports. My hat is off to you sir.

jigfreak
12-11-2013, 09:38 PM
I have to give it to you finchaser you are the last of a dying breed. The old salts who work for their fish despite lack of participation or internet reports. My hat is off to you sir.

x2 nice going there finchaser

Monty
12-11-2013, 10:06 PM
x2 nice going there finchaser
X3, great to hear you fished and caught. :thumbsup:

Blazin420
12-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Nice job Fin..If i lived a bit closer id be out there.."Life" seems to be getting in the way recently..you no..Honey-do list ive been putting off for 2 months now :D..Plus holiday stuff..Been trying to get out since Sun..I did get my xmas tree up finally(as my wife would say:))So maybe that will buy me a night in the suds?May try Fri night and Sun am..Keep catching bud!

seamonkey
12-12-2013, 10:47 AM
.."Life" seems to be getting in the way recently..you no..Honey-do list ive been putting off for 2 months now :D..Plus holiday stuff..May try Fri night and Sun am..Keep catching bud!

Congrats fin you are one of the old salts that takes a licking and keeps on ticking! I have been trying to get the honey do list done too. Will try to get out there this weekend for one more chance but it may be too late by then. What a weird season this was.

buckethead
12-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm going to give it a few more tries before packing it in as well.

surferman
12-12-2013, 11:25 AM
:thumbsup:You guys are the true warriors! Hoo rah just like the marines!

plugcrazy
12-12-2013, 02:06 PM

X2 fighting like hell to keep the fat lady away

buckethead
12-12-2013, 04:40 PM

No we are just pathetic idiots who don't want to admit reality that the bulk of the fish are long gone. It will be a long winter and I don't want to face that fact yet.;)

Fished today 2:30-4:30. Cold but managable. Not that windy, still cold. Water temp was 43 degrees. Managed 2 short bass on smallest diamond jig and redgill teaser. Blind casting.

finchaser
12-12-2013, 10:57 PM
fished this morning we managed 30 fish between 2 of us air 18 degrees water 43 they are schooling up to leave.

Fished this afternoon same spot like past 3 days, and its the dead sea as Ristori explains in his blog after fishing with us its hit or miss.

Back to the drawing board in the AM

Monty
12-12-2013, 11:00 PM
fished this morning we managed 30 fish between 2 of us air 18 degrees water 43 they are schooling up to leave

That is COLD. Congrats on the fishing and catching.
Frieking cold. Extreme.

DarkSkies
12-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Fished this afternoon, and its the dead sea as Ristori explains in his blog after fishing with us its hit or miss.

Ya's are like the old farts mafia.....:whoo:
The only time I can recall in recent years that Al did not mention a location in his daily report....
Hell of a way to intimidate the press :laugh:....... Nice work...the old farts still giving it hell, to the end..... :thumbsup: :HappyWave: :fishing:

paco33
12-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Fished ocean county yesterday, 3 short stripers on vision eel. Like finchaser said you had to basically drag it on the bottom.
Today better condtions, some sun. One hit and missed it on the vision. No other action. Good job on the fishing finchaser it is really cold out there.

seamonkey
12-13-2013, 11:55 AM
I salute you guys still fishing. The water is totally dead in cape may. A few doggies and skates. Some fish came through last week but who knows where they are now probably the chesapeake bay.

finchaser
12-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words guy's going out now to see if they feed before tomorrows storm.

storminsteve
12-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Give em hell finchaser! Must be nice to live that close. Except for when storms like Sandy roll in. Good luck

buckethead
12-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Fished occo and moco this afternoon. Not a touch. Anything thats left is only the stragglers the bulk of the fish have flown the coop. After the storm as finchaser said it will be like picking a needle in a haystack if there are any left.

Shorelady
12-13-2013, 07:58 PM
fished 3:30-4:30pm. Dead Sea.... Once more try in the am.

finchaser
12-13-2013, 08:27 PM
fished 3-5 pm 3 shorts to 27" my friend got a 29" keeper no signs of bait loons or gannets this aternoon

hookset
12-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Way to go finchaser. I fished moco this am and not a thing was home. Gave it 2 hours:skunk:

Shorelady
12-14-2013, 10:27 AM
I lasted maybe an hour this am in MoCo. Water looked great, but not a tap.

cowherder
12-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Salute to you shorelady and all the others. I think I am done for the year. You are better men and women than I am. I am a wuss!

finchaser
12-14-2013, 03:17 PM
fished this morning before blow some bigger fish were pushed in all between 24 and 32 inches I had 2 to 28 my friend had 6 to 32 and my other friend had at 2 to 27 all were released all caught on 2 ounce Hopkins believe they were chasing sea herring as gannets were diving. As winds increased we watched everything move off then wind went Gail force at tide change that's it till Monday unless todays storm is the final knock out punch and she sings.

storminsteve
12-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Salute to you shorelady and all the others. I think I am done for the year. You are better men and women than I am. I am a wuss!

X2 I am at least a half of a wuss because it was snowing up here and I said the hell with it. Great report finchaser you are one of the old salts that takes a licking and keeps on ticking! Shorelady I have read your reports over the years and you are one tough gal! Hope to meet you one day.:headbang:

storminsteve
12-14-2013, 05:05 PM
all were released all caught on 2 ounce Hopkins believe they were chasing sea herring as gannets were diving. .

Are you and dark going to get into another fight about herring and gannets this year? Looking forward to it. I'll cook some popcorn.:HappyWave:

porgy75
12-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Outstanding effort more than I could do thanks for keeping it interesting. Whats the backstory with the herring and gannets?

cowherder
12-14-2013, 05:49 PM
^^^^^^You don't want to know lol. Great reports glad to see the fat lady is not here yet. I agree after monday it will probably be over.

killie
12-14-2013, 06:13 PM
:HappyWave:

bababooey
12-14-2013, 07:43 PM

Can it be? world renowned killie? Aren't you in that effumall club that dark and finchaser belong to?

DarkSkies
12-14-2013, 11:04 PM
^Bababooey be nice to killie. He's the originator of Effumall, and the President.
Fin is the VP....I'm one of the founding members as well...Killie's the only chance we have at getting some of those cool stickers...when he dies, all that great artwork goes with him...so please don't scare the guy off...:HappyWave:

Blazin420
12-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Very nice Fin!

Got out this am 630-11 BIG surf and dirty water! Thats kinda what i expected but had the time so took a ride worked a good stretch of beach with not a bump to be found..Did see birds working about 50yrds off the end of a rock pile but that was about it!..I had 5in of snow in Union Co but S of exit 117 seemed clear..at least there wont be a lot of cold water runoff.if that matters at this pointhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif

Monty
12-15-2013, 12:56 PM
^Bababooey be nice to killie. He's the originator of Effumall, and the President.
Fin is the VP....I'm one of the founding members as well...Killie's the only chance we have at getting some of those cool stickers...when he dies, all that great artwork goes with him...so please don't scare the guy off...:HappyWave:

Nice post :kooky:
Killie posts 1x in a year and you bring up him dieing.
Maybe a "welcome back, great to hear from you. Hope all is well!".
(lets see who gets a bumper sticker now)

DarkSkies
12-15-2013, 01:43 PM
ok Monty just for you....:d.

Killie... it's so nice to see you posting again! :HappyWave:
how have you been?
how's the family bro?

(Monty are you happy now would you like me to offer him some tea and crumpets?):plastered:

I made a mistake telling people here he has the last effumall stickers left.
...I guess some people will say anything to get their hands on one of those.....:rolleyes:
Pebbles and I are canning soup As I am posting this and she just asked if she could please have one as well
...:)

Killie....so have you done any fishing lately ?
would love to hear about it
and I think Monty and some of the other folks here would really love one of your stickers..If there are any left in the Effumall Vualt.....
Monty just texted me...said he would shovel your snow for the rest of the winter if he could have just one. ;)

storminsteve
12-15-2013, 06:30 PM
What kind of soup? I really could use some hot soup right now. Bababooey and dark should hook up hot choc and soup a great winter combo. killie are there any effumall stickers left or were they just joking about them?

finchaser
12-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Ok he came down the other day to fish with me and he is still the kiss of death first morning in 2 weeks we all took the skunk he left at 10 AM and by 11 AM we were into fish. I believe I still have a few stickers

storminsteve
12-16-2013, 02:08 PM
he is still the kiss of death first morning in 2 weeks we all took the skunk he left at 10 AM and by 11 AM we were into fish. ouch! Hey at least you got some fish congrats for sticking it out.

finchaser
12-16-2013, 05:32 PM
ouch! Hey at least you got some fish congrats for sticking it out.

Nah I went to breakfast and came back to be honest with ya

finchaser
12-16-2013, 07:01 PM
this afternoon 1 micro bass on a vision eel water cold and brown air was cold and raw feels like something is coming. will give it hell in the morning if it's not snowing too hard

Blazin420
12-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Got out today..It was one of those "what the hell am i doin out here"kinda days from the moment i left my house...Snowing when i left Union Co so it made the ride interesting..Made it on the sand at 630am snow was pelleting me in the face with 15knt E winds..Water looked real fishy! Worked a long stretch of sand from 630-930am with nothing..Hit the Jeep to warm up and took a ride..Fished the next spot from 10-12pm..Great looking water outgoing tide and the snow has turned to rain..Made my way to a good hole and sure enuff found a little fatty sitting in there he was about 20in and fat he hit a Vision sandeel in the wash..Came tight again about 20mins later but dropped him...Had another good hit a bit later all on the Vision..All in the same hole..There had to be some sort of bait cause a diving duck or loons what ever they arehttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gifwould not leave the spot just going under for a few then popping up..Didnt see anything but who knows maybe sandeels or crabs...I did see alot of crabs at my first spot.. a few different species..Including a whole bunch of lobster claws probably 8-10 scattered down the beach..Dont ever remember finding those in the past..Wouldnt mind snagging a live 1http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/beer.gif..So i say it was well worth the torture of the weather!http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif Hope to be back out this weekend.

Monty
12-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Got out today..It was one of those "what the hell am i doin out here"kinda days from the moment i left my house...Snowing when i left Union Co so it made the ride interesting..Made it on the sand at 630am snow was pelleting me in the face with 15knt E winds..

Great report Blazin, Congrats on finding some fish.

cowherder
12-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Got out today..It was one of those "what the hell am i doin out here"kinda days from the moment i left my house...Snowing when i left Union Co so it made the ride interesting..Made it on the sand at 630am snow was pelleting me in the face with 15knt E winds..Water looked real fishy!

Snow in the face with 15knt e winds is rough. Dude you are hardcore! :viking:Thanks for the report it got my heart pumping maybe there will still be some small bass around by the weekend.

buckethead
12-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Really enjoyed the report blazin. Could feel the excitement coming in with each sentence. There are still a few small fish around but I don't think we will see many. Good to see you did get action and you worked for it. Congrats.

jigfreak
12-17-2013, 10:09 PM
It was pretty sporty out there today. Drove down to the water casted for 1/2 hour and came home. I was going to wait a day or 2 but had to get out. The winds are shifting offshore tomorrow and will be better for presentation. Nice effort blazin. 6:30 to 12 is a lot of walking. Kudos

Blazin420
12-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys! Its nice to bust your butt on a crappy day and get rewarded even if it was a micro bass and a few hits! I still got a few more trips in me :D

J Barbosa
12-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Nice job getting out there and finding something. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm having a hard time just trying to make some time to get out this month. :don't know why:

finchaser
12-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Braved the elements yesterday got 3 small bass all on tsunami and vision 6" weighted sand eel all they would hit 5 of us scored on it

Fished this morning got 2 small washed out looking resident fish lots of loons diving and coming up with sand eels water down to 42 the end is near will try this afternoon as the afternoon bite seems better than the morning.

Monty
12-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Braved the elements yesterday got 3 small bass all on tsunami and vision 6" weighted sand eel all they would hit 5 of us scored on it

Fished this morning got 2 small washed out looking resident fish lots of loons diving and coming up with sand eels water down to 42 the end is near will try this afternoon as the afternoon bite seems better than the morning.

Definitely braving the elements, we are actually getting a real winter this year.
Great to hear you are still catching.
Heat wave coming this weekend.

finchaser
12-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Went back there were 7 of us and all got the SKUNK not even a bump. Strong south to north current with the prediction of the southerly flow of air for the next 5 days. water temp is 41 we will try once more in the morning if nothing I'd say the fall run has come to an end. there warming up

hookedonbass
12-19-2013, 12:42 PM
I appreciate what you are saying finchaser and the fat lady pics are funny lol. Just wishing for a few more days out there. nice going as well blazin!
The temps are supposed to get to 60 on friday and saturday and then they will go down again by monday. Hoping to get out at least one more time. I have to give you credit all the times you were fishing this week I was thinking of going to the beach but bagged it at the last minute. Too cold. How many layers are you wearing?

finchaser
12-19-2013, 01:28 PM
thermo top
flannel shirt
hooded sweatshirt and rain top in snow and rain
just a pair of jeans under waders

The ladies are warming up but not quite ready had 2 this morning a 20 and a 22 Inch must have come in from mud hole as gannets were diving on herring just out of casting range

Blazin420
12-19-2013, 03:08 PM
I knew you would grab a few before the weekend Fin nice job!! Hope to go Sun morn just not liking the strong SW wind i saw predicted....

I always wear: UnderArmor(top and bottom)
Tshirt
Long sleeve tshirt
Hoodie
Rain jacket if necessary
Sweat pants and 2 pairs of wool socks...Keeps me warm most days and alot of walking

finchaser
12-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Got 4 this morning water 41 hits are really soft my biggest 23" my friend had a 27" our regular group of 4 guy's had 9

hookset
12-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Nice going finchaser I found a few as well. 6 shorties on small plugs this AM. Incoming tide. Give that fat lady a candy bar to keep her quiet.

storminsteve
12-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Way to go gents thanks for the reports! I have a box of reeses peanut butter cups I'l bring for her to feast on. Keep the rotund girl away from the beach!:headbang:

finchaser
12-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Fished this AM from 6:30 to 8 had 7 bass to 27 inches 4 on sand eel rubber and 3 on Mucho minnow left them biting as beach was a zoo all the fair weather dilly docks were out. Water was 42.

hookset
12-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Picked up 7 bass last night under the cloudy waning moon. SPs, schoolbus bombers and redfins. All shorts mostly tiny. One was around 27" and fat. Like finchaser said downsize your tackle and they are fun. Don't know how long it wlll last. Next week it will be back in the 30's again.

storminsteve
12-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Nice going guys it's not over yet! Fished 6-8:30 this am in moco. Lots of guys out. Finchaser you are right the warm weather bought all the fair weather fishermen out. Saw quite a few without waders thats crazy. Got 2 bass to 19". Missed some others they were light hits. Tsunami sandeel slow and low.

buckethead
12-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Good job fellas. Fished moco morning to the end of high tide. Managed 5 bass on diamond jig and redgill. All shorts but good fun on smaller gear.

seamonkey
12-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Wow thats totally awesome to hear. Its so dead in cape may right now.

Shorelady
12-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Picked up shorts today. Missed a tremendous amount of fish today...??? Fished AM & PM shifts. So nice to not have to deal with the cold.

storminsteve
12-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Followed bucketheads lead this morning and switched to small ava and redgill. Landed 6 small stripers and missed a few others. moco

surferman
12-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Picked up shorts today. Missed a tremendous amount of fish today...??? Fished AM & PM shifts. So nice to not have to deal with the cold.

I fished the ocean city area on the incoming tide and not a touch. Guess you up north have a few more fish. It was still nice to get out and not deal with the cold. Great morning out there and happy holidays guys and gals!. always enjoy your reports shore lady.

Blazin420
12-22-2013, 03:05 PM
I got out this am from 630am-1pm..Didnt have high hopes since most of the weather sites had the S wind gusting to 30mph!! Not the case it was 10-20 MAX but settled to 10mph as the morning went on..Good white water all around..1st stop managed 2 lil guys about 20in.. 1 on a vision the other on my teaser..Moved S to try and find a better bite about 930ish..Jumped on a jetty and the fish were there..Managed 5 more from 10-1pm took a little break when it started to rain..When i went back out the water had finally got a little murky and only managed 1 more... biggest today went 24in most in the 16-20in range..007 and white/char teaser got most of the action..Missed a few and dropped 2..Nice day for the end of Dec!! May have 1 -2 more trips in me before then of 2013! Hope they stick around!

baitstealer
12-22-2013, 04:22 PM
awesome reports gents! I fished nomoco from 7-9am and got one short bass on a teaser that is a fly but looks like a small sandeel or spearing. Fantastic morning great weather for december

Shorelady
12-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Had another day of shorts. Some were over 20 inches. Loads of fun on the light rod. Mostly on AVA's. Water got pretty murky this afternoon.

finchaser
12-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Nada this morning we all struck out just a churned up chocolate milk looking ocean from the south wind. No loons ,diving ducks,gannets or sea birds just a dead dirty sea

jigfreak
12-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Picked up 12 dinks last nite to 23" on the incoming tide. Out front. Small chicken scratch bomber and loaded redfin. The bite was fairly consistent and the fish were active. Still I missed quite a few. Conditions pretty nice. Merry Christmas to the stripers and anglers families.

Blazin420
12-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Merry Christmas guys!! Fished 7am-11am today 6 shorts from 18-22in..gotta love some xmas bassin!! They hit the vision and teaser..the fish were scattered down the beach nice morning and the water cleaned up nice...Have a safe and happy holidays gents

storminsteve
12-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Wow great effort guys! Thanks for the intel. We have to keep swatting that fat chick with a broom and feed her candy and chocolate bars! Merry christmas to everyone!:HappyWave:

Shorelady
12-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Fished a little bit before work, picked up a few shorts. Darn it was cold. Raced home from work, on the beach by 4:40. The dinks were there.. They Shut off when the sun went down. Merry Christmas to all!

storminsteve
12-25-2013, 05:59 PM
:thumbsup:Nice shorelady. You are one heckuva trooper still picking away at them. Merry christmas to you to!

Shorelady
12-26-2013, 07:41 AM
:thumbsup:Nice shorelady. You are one heckuva trooper still picking away at them. Merry christmas to you to!
Merry Christmas. No Christmas fish for me yesterday!

finchaser
12-26-2013, 10:21 AM
8 fish this AM to a fat 24" all on rubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbba

williehookem
12-26-2013, 12:12 PM
nice going wish we still had some stripers left here. sshore is dead but there are some herring in the harbors.

cowherder
12-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Great report finchaser i think just about everyone has given up already. Fat stripers are fun to catch even if they are small.

hookset
12-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Not giving up yet. Fished 3:30-5 today in moco. nada

Monty
12-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Great to see members are still getting out there and fishing. Nice catch Fin.

fishrich
12-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Two of us fished from 1 pm to 5 pm. Started at NOMOCO and ended in OC. Caught nothing in both counties. Saw a lot of divng ducks eating sand eels in the first wave at the first stop. Not many people fishing today.

finchaser
12-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Fished this AM I caught 1 of the 3 bass caught between 8 of us the water temp was 39 degrees where it was 43 yesterday.

seamonkey
12-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Wow great effort guys! Thanks for the intel. We have to keep swatting that fat chick with a broom and feed her candy and chocolate bars!

Lol that's true it might be over before you know it. It's definitely over on most of the cape may beaches. Had a good run about 2 weeks ago. Living vicariously through the reports here keep em coming.

buckethead
12-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Fished moco this morning one little bass in the dark before the sun came up. Bucktail and white grub.

jigfreak
12-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Gave it 1 hour before work today. nada. Congrats to the troopers still out there putting in the miles and time.

cowherder
12-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Fished moco this morning got one 20" striper on a ava and teaser combo. Had to walk around a bit. Saw some birds swimming and diving (thanks for the tutorial dark) they were loons.

jigfreak
12-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Picked up 4 today out front. Rubber eels. Small and fat they are still feeding on something prob the sandeels.

Shorelady
12-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Had a wonderful morning out there today. Had 8-10 mostly on the Red Gill. Fished 7:30 -11am. Fish were much fatter and up to 24 inches. What fun on the light equipment. Went back for 45 minutes before dusk, Not a tap. Great morning, very few folks out.... and even took off the gloves!

Monty
12-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Had a wonderful morning out there today. Had 8-10 mostly on the Red Gill. Fished 7:30 -11am. Fish were much fatter and up to 24 inches. What fun on the light equipment. Went back for 45 minutes before dusk, Not a tap. Great morning, very few folks out.... and even took off the gloves!
Great action, nice report.

Blazin420
12-29-2013, 08:54 AM
Nice job Shorelady!! That weather was great yesterday to bad i was working!!...Wanted to get out this am but the 2 glasses of scotch last night got in the way lol :D....Ill be out new years eve to finish off the year!

Shorelady
12-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Sunday 7:30-11am. I quit counting, double headers, when they were coming through it was fish every cast. Largest went 26 inches. Also got a tagged fish today.

finchaser
12-29-2013, 05:07 PM
8 to 25' today all on rubber eels

J Barbosa
12-30-2013, 06:59 AM
8 to 25' today all on rubber eels

25ft huh? I don't believe you. :d

Nice job!

finchaser
12-30-2013, 04:56 PM

Nice job!

Yep went for whale

Today nada bigggggggggggggggg surf we all struck out

Shorelady
12-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Threw into the big dirty water for 20 minutes this morning... Not worth it. Mid day, better, but NO water. 1 dink. late afternoon 4 dinks. It got cold out there....

finchaser
12-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Got 4 this morning to 26" one on rubber and 3 on Mucho minnow. Water 41 looks like snow for Thursday and Friday

Will be out in the AM to try and catch my first fish of the 2014

storminsteve
12-31-2013, 01:29 PM

Nice job!

boy those fish are really getting big!:HappyWave:

Great to hear you are still out there. I was thinking of going after work this late but by the time I would get down there it would be dark. Maybe on the weekend. Thanks for the reports it is encouraging to hear some little guys are still around