PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for a great site

madcaster
11-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Just wanted to thank Dark for keeping up the site. I've learn a lot here and to let me share my stuff
Thanks madcaster ...MH4 Designs

Monty
11-28-2013, 09:09 PM
It'll second Madcaster, thank you Dark, your posts range from interesting, informative, hilarious and I can't think of a word to describe some. A sincere thank you for running a great site, and a thank you also to the all the members for providing fishing know how info and entertainment. :HappyWave:

storminsteve
11-29-2013, 07:39 PM
I'll chime in as well. DS thanks to you and Pebbles for all you do. Really enjoy the banter and joking on here.

vpass
11-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Me too, DS, and Pebbles. Thanks for this great site, and all you do for us. Thanks for giving. :thumbsup::thumbsup::HappyWave:

surfstix1963
11-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Thanks DS and Pebbles great site

buckethead
11-30-2013, 08:42 AM
It'll second Madcaster, thank you Dark, your posts range from interesting, informative, hilarious and I can't think of a word to describe some. A sincere thank you for running a great site, and a thank you also to the all the members for providing fishing know how info and entertainment. :HappyWave:

x2, a great friendly group here. Dark I have seen you apologizing about your long winded posts re fisheries management. You may want to try to shorten the posts but don't change them. You can tell you are speaking from a passion within because you really care. A lot of us feel the same way and don't have the skills to put it into the words and break it down like you do.
I am comfortable with the things you say and your assessments. We are headed for a crash and many of the things you are ranting about will probably come true. Not enough fishermen to care. They do care about hoisting trophy fish for the camera and putting meat in the box though. I have seen this happen before. There will come a day when there is no more meat for the box except for dogfish and skates.

Bless you and your wife and others like finchaser, monty, clamchucker, vpass, hookset, surfwalker, and surfstix for trying to paint the picture of what it could be like if there were no bass to fish for. You are who you are, and that's what makes it real. Happy Holidays to you and Pebbles and all the other members here. This is the only site I care to share on. Thanks for everything and please don't let comments of others deter you from your beliefs.

bluesdude71
12-10-2013, 02:30 PM
thanks for all and Happy Holidays!

basshunter
12-10-2013, 02:47 PM

What he said with a big plus on the entertainment, actual fishing reports instead of snowy owl reports, and the good back and forth banter.

basshunter
12-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Can't forget the most embarrassing crap story thread too!
:clapping:http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?4158-Most-embarassing-crap-story&highlight=crap+stories

albiealert
12-10-2013, 03:01 PM
I have to say there are some of the most bizzarre threads here I have seen on any internet fishing forum. The dolphins, birds, house for cats, knitting forum, crapping stories, nomad fishing. By themselves you would not think they fit. Taken together they all make sense at one time or another. None of the chest pounding or hatred I see elsewhere. I have more in common with the local Ct site in my area but don't really like it as there are too many criticisms of the way some folks do things. We are all different but equal in God's eyes.

Thanks dark to you and your wife and all the other folks who make this a nice place to come to. Also to those like finchaser and surfstix who freely share their knowledge with others. Have learned a lot here and have tried to give back as well. Happy Holidays to all and your families.

plugaholic
12-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks dark to you and your wife and all the other folks who make this a nice place to come to. Also to those like finchaser and surfstix who freely share their knowledge with others. Have learned a lot here and have tried to give back as well. Happy Holidays to all and your families.

Here here.:clapping:

VSdreams
12-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Yes thanks for everything. Have learned a lot here especially the whys and hows.

seamonkey
12-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Can't forget the most embarrassing crap story thread too!
:clapping:http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?4158-Most-embarassing-crap-story&highlight=crap+stories

Great thread I re-read that one every year. Recently was at my terminal and laughing so much a co-worker asked me what the deal was. I showed him the thread and we both bust out laughing. Some of the others in the office gave us strange looks but what the heck. Thanks for everything and happy holidays to all the folks here!

lostatsea
12-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Yes thanks for everything. Have learned a lot here especially the whys and hows.

I'll second that as well. Also its nice to know whether you fish in a boat or from the shore you will be accepted here. Thanks for all the hard work.

bababooey
12-14-2013, 08:19 AM
vsd I mostly fish from a boat. Fish from the surf when the pickings are easy like at the beginning or end of year. Was really looking forward to a fall run from island beach so I didn't have to walk that far but it didn't last that long. I do like the back and forth on this site. Great arguments between dark and finchaser. Where there herring and birds pics this year?

I also give as good as I get. All good and lots of fun. Thanks to ds and co for everything. monty I just saw that photoshop of my new business really enjoyed that too!:HappyWave:

storminsteve
02-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Congrats Dark and keep up the good work!:clapping:

dogfish
02-18-2016, 10:12 AM
x2 on that. This is great winter entertainment. Anyone seen dark around lately? Strangely quiet.

surferman
02-18-2016, 10:36 AM
x3!