PDA

View Full Version : Surf day 2/22/14

finchaser
02-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Anyone going???????????????????????????

Monty
02-16-2014, 10:03 PM
I am planning on going.
Planning on Surf Day, then Berkley and Asbury.
Then back to fishing again in April.

You going to be there again?

surfstix1963
02-17-2014, 01:41 AM
I'm going, my reservation is made for Friday staying at the same place as last year, then I'll be heading back to NY after Surf Day was going to stay another day but family obligations need to be taken care of.

J Barbosa
02-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Ill be there and most likely my brother as well.

finchaser
02-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Thought more of you would be going

storminsteve
02-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Ill be there cant wait for the awesome seminars! Anyone have a list of speakers or seminars?

J Barbosa
02-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Thought more of you would be going

Great show :thumbsup:

I've been going faithfully for a while. It is nice to see old faces again as well as some new ones and buy a few things I really don't need.

I feel more and more like a tightly packed sardine as each year goes by though. Three of four years ago was the time to consider switching to a bigger venue already.

madcaster
02-17-2014, 07:38 PM
I'll be there ....love to see the painted plugs

jigfreak
02-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Anyone have a list of speakers or seminars?

Yup hot off the press:
How to catch bass with clams or bunker chunks.
Livelining off the jetties in May and June for cow bass.
Snag and drop for beginners.
How to use your cell phone network to find big spring bass.
Why being a tackle shop hero is so important.
How to mug someone on a jetty so you get the trophy fish and your name on the Betty and Nicks videos instead of him.
And the most important seminar of all how to be a harbor pilot.

Its $10 to get in. Gee I can't wait will be bringing my sleeping bag there on Thur night so I am first in line, lol.

basshunter
02-17-2014, 08:26 PM
How to mug someone on a jetty so you get the trophy fish and your name on the Betty and Nicks videos instead of him.

haha roflmao!!!!!!!! I bet if they did have those seminars guys would be lined up down the block! I'll be there if you see a guy with a Phillies hat say hi.

plugginpete
02-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Yup hot off the press:
How to catch bass with clams or bunker chunks.
Livelining off the jetties in May and June for cow bass.
And the most important seminar of all how to be a harbor pilot.

Its $10 to get in. Gee I can't wait will be bringing my sleeping bag there on Thur night so I am first in line, lol.

:clapping: Now that's funny stuff right there! I might be going depends on the weather.

finchaser
02-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Sure is funny sounds like I wrote it. You forgot things to do while waiting for a call or text. I'm not a seminar person I like doing them even less, but deals on tackle are good and I have to be there and at Asbury helping a shop I repair rods for.

robmedina
02-18-2014, 10:27 AM
I am trying to decide between surf day and trout fishing......

finchaser
02-18-2014, 11:31 AM
At Brookdale Community College, Lincroft, NJ.
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Admission is $10.00 adults kids under 10 are free

I'll be with The Reel Seat stop by and say hi

finchaser
02-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Just came back from marking down all kinds of surf stuff for show. Super deals on SP minnows. Stop by and see us

Monty
02-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Just came back from marking down all kinds of surf stuff for show. Super deals on SP minnows. Stop by and see us

Good seeing you again Fin.
Picked up a bone SP and a couple 3 1/2" Savage plastics.

Met up with Stix and we bumped into JB. I don't really hang around other people who fish and talk fishing, these two know a lot, just talking fishing with them for a while was great.

Also picked up a CCW metal lip....had two...

Got these before the show (thanks Stix!! (I do have more room now (LOL)).

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2014_2_22_Stix_1.jpg

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2014_2_22_Stix_WWM.jpg

hookedonbass
02-22-2014, 08:54 PM
The top pic is awesome. Did those tails come with the plugs or did you make them? and who is CCM?

storminsteve
02-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Not sure but I think surfstix and monty make tails like that

Monty
02-22-2014, 11:28 PM
The top pic is awesome. Did those tails come with the plugs or did you make them? and who is CCM? I ment CCW, Couch Cedar Works.....CCM used to be the maker of my hockey skates.

Not sure but I think surfstix and monty make tails like that Surfstix made those tails, he is a heck off a tier and his painting on these plugs is sick, the way the colors blend in.

surfstix1963
02-23-2014, 05:23 AM
I mainly go to see some of the guys I really don't need more fishing stuff but usually buy some anyways,Good to see you Monty and Fin nice to meet you JB no Speedy *** I'll find you lol.Good day had to cut it kind of short but family obligations come first right now fishing second.Next show is where?

J Barbosa
02-23-2014, 05:34 AM
Nice to see you again Monty, always a pleasure running into you. :HappyWave:

Also nice to meet you stix and fin chaser.

I picked up a few tricks in the short time we talked, thanks :thumbsup:

J Barbosa
02-23-2014, 05:37 AM
Matt Hoff (MH4) was walking around at the show and had some goodies hidden in his jacket.

He has new needles much smaller than the prior ones...perfect Jersey size for our shallow beaches IMO.

finchaser
02-23-2014, 01:57 PM
I mainly go to see some of the guys I really don't need more fishing stuff but usually buy some anyways,Good to see you Monty and Fin nice to meet you JB no Speedy *** I'll find you lol.Good day had to cut it kind of short but family obligations come first right now fishing second.Next show is where?

Great seeing you , Monty, Matt and JB

Berkley is on 3/2/14

Asbury on 3/9/14 I'll be with either Castaways or The Reel Seat maybe both, SPEEDY will be their you can bet on it

madcaster
02-23-2014, 07:01 PM
good to see you all as well ...monty and speedy ...would be nice to meet ...I'm going to Asbury and Berkley to wander around ...plus I need some buck tails