PDA

View Full Version : larger bass on larger wood.

Rip-Plugger
02-17-2014, 11:28 PM
lets hear the ideas out there on how or even why a larger bass hits a large swimmer.
adult bunkers around will help.
tell it as you think or believe.

plugginpete
02-18-2014, 08:08 AM
I was always told that bigger bass want a big meal.

surfstix1963
02-18-2014, 08:13 AM
Big fish 30 lbs. and up are lazy so they stalk food not hunt it down like the smaller fish do, they set up in structure wait for it to get washed passed them they eat big food that's one reason they are so hard to get they eat less frequently so big plug big profile big food now it just leaves the question of when did they eat last and will that plug be enticing enough to eat or full belly get ya next time.My money is on slack tide in an inlet just before the turn for the bigguns.

finchaser
02-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Big fish 30 lbs. and up are lazy so they stalk food not hunt it down like the smaller fish do, they set up in structure wait for it to get washed passed them they eat big food that's one reason they are so hard to get they eat less frequently so big plug big profile big food now it just leaves the question of when did they eat last and will that plug be enticing enough to eat or full belly get ya next time.My money is on slack tide in an inlet just before the turn for the bigguns.

Agree^^^^ but lets not forget elephants love and eat peanuts

surfstix1963
02-19-2014, 04:18 AM
No doubt they are opportunistic eaters.I don't know if they would whack a four oz. plug if they were feeding on the smaller baits maybe something rubber would better suit the situation.You just never know until you try.

surferman
02-19-2014, 01:28 PM

No doubt they are opportunistic eaters.I don't know if they would whack a four oz. plug if they were feeding on the smaller baits maybe something rubber would better suit the situation.You just never know until you try.

I like that elephants eating peanuts that's probably why you can do so well throwing rubber

Blazin420
02-20-2014, 08:04 AM
I dont use much wood at all..But like the elephant comment ive caught some nice sized fish on Bucktails and thgey are not big at all!!

Rip-Plugger
02-20-2014, 08:55 PM

I have not read all the posts but,this one is the one I agree with first.
my idea is the sane as said here and that's one of my reasons I fish with large wood.
being 99% a river angler we don't see many fish in the 30lb range but, we do see a lot of fish from 30 inches to 38 inches and even they slam a 10 inch swimmer like they were stealing it.
that's fine with me but, I am after something much bigger.

R-P

Rip-Plugger
02-20-2014, 08:56 PM
I was always told that bigger bass want a big meal.

my belief as well,,,

R-P

Rip-Plugger
02-20-2014, 08:58 PM

interesting quote finchaser,it is also true but,if I were an elephant,I'd want an entire field of peanuts.

R-P

Rip-Plugger
02-20-2014, 09:05 PM
I like that elephants eating peanuts that's probably why you can do so well throwing rubber

oh no doubt about that,still almost all my better fish have been on big swimmers,herring,alewives and adult bunkers in the area also make them slam a large plug.
I have found it best when the large baits are scattered rather than in a herd,makes them have to hunt them down or stage in ambush points and wait till the tide brings them past.

R-P