PDA

View Full Version : cooking peanut bunker

fisherofmen
03-15-2014, 03:44 PM
There has to be a way...years ago I remember when lobster was considered to be a poor mans food...so many things we would throw off the side has now become a delicacy.

clamchucker
03-15-2014, 05:57 PM
...years ago I remember when lobster was considered to be a poor mans food...so .

If you remember that you must be quite old as am I. That's the first I have heard someone say that in a long time. Are you religious? I thought maybe that is where your name came from. Welcome fellow fisher of men.
I am not aware of any recipes for cooking it but there is always a first.

plugcrazy
03-15-2014, 06:02 PM
One time I was fishing and cast netted a lot. I gave some to a russian guy because he said he wanted to try cooking them. When I saw him next he said "NO GOOD!":upck:

ledhead36
03-15-2014, 06:23 PM
I heard of some asian folks eating them after they deep fried them but I would not try them. DS has eaten them raw on a dare you should ask him about it.

storminsteve
03-15-2014, 07:02 PM
DS has eaten them raw on a dare you should ask him about it.

Yeah that's not a fair comparison. I heard the story where he ate a sandwish soaked in rancid clam juice. That's not normal table fare he must have a cast iron stomach. fisherofmen, I would not eat bunker either. Sorry that's just nasty.

surfstix1963
03-16-2014, 06:28 AM
I did the same thing plugcrazy and he said the same thing
One time I was fishing and cast netted a lot. I gave some to a russian guy because he said he wanted to try cooking them. When I saw him next he said "NO GOOD!":upck:

surfstix1963
03-16-2014, 06:34 AM
Good fertilizer for veggies breaks down slowly when turned into the soil.

DarkSkies
03-16-2014, 08:32 AM
. DS has eaten them raw on a dare you should ask him about it.

Yeah that's not a fair comparison. I heard the story where he ate a sandwish soaked in rancid clam juice. That's not normal table fare he must have a cast iron stomach.

You mooks know that those stories are one-time events. right?
I did eat a sammich soaked in clam juice but I was hungry and wasn't paying attention. By the time I realized it I had wolfed down half already. It did give me diarrhea for a day....:(.....I wouldn't recommend doing a lot of the things I do...:laugh:
:HappyWave:

Good fertilizer for veggies breaks down slowly when turned into the soil.

Good point, I have done that as well. Make sure you chop it up a bit so the neighborhood animals won't find it and dig it up. Great fertilizer for tomato plants. :HappyWave:

Fisherofmen, welcome aboard! :HappyWave:

fisherofmen
03-16-2014, 02:58 PM
No im not that old...not religious either...but am a follower of Jesus Christ..big difference...Thanks for your response clam:HappyWave:

fisherofmen
03-16-2014, 03:04 PM
That seem to be the general consensus...Thanks Stormin:HappyWave:

fisherofmen
03-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Thank You Darkskies:HappyWave:

fisherofmen
03-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Where on long island are you from surf?

DarkSkies
03-17-2014, 08:46 AM
You're welcome, Fisherofmen.....do you ever come to NJ to fish or only fish in Md? :HappyWave:

fisherofmen
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
You're welcome, Fisherofmen.....do you ever come to NJ to fish or only fish in Md? :HappyWave:

Have'nt fished in NJ...am from LongIsland...did alot of fishing there:HappyWave:

surfstix1963
03-18-2014, 05:33 AM
Robert Moses area.Welcome aboard