PDA

View Full Version : originally from LI, now in Maryland

fisherofmen
03-15-2014, 03:44 PM
There has to be a way...years ago I remember when lobster was considered to be a poor mans food...so many things we would throw off the side has now become a delicacy.

fisherofmen
03-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Is there anything I can do with Peanut Bunker other than crab bait or catfish?

clamchucker
03-15-2014, 05:57 PM
...years ago I remember when lobster was considered to be a poor mans food...so .

If you remember that you must be quite old as am I. That's the first I have heard someone say that in a long time. Are you religious? I thought maybe that is where your name came from. Welcome fellow fisher of men.
I am not aware of any recipes for cooking it but there is always a first.

ledhead36
03-15-2014, 06:28 PM
:HappyWave: I have a freezer full of peanut bunker.....are they good for anything other than crab bait?

I was trying to figure out how you got so many of them. We didn't have that many in NJ last year. There was a spurt of them in the back bays late fall, and I saw some on the beaches after the mullet left. Then I saw your location and that you were from maryland. Where in maryland is piney point?
Did you net them in the chesapeake bay? How big were they? I have used frozen ones for bluefish and drifting on a boat for big fluke. As clamchucker and surfstix said they are tough to keep. Salting is good if you use kosher salt the regular salt isn't that great.
welcome aboard btw.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-16-2014, 08:32 AM
. DS has eaten them raw on a dare you should ask him about it.

Yeah that's not a fair comparison. I heard the story where he ate a sandwish soaked in rancid clam juice. That's not normal table fare he must have a cast iron stomach.

You mooks know that those stories are one-time events. right?
I did eat a sammich soaked in clam juice but I was hungry and wasn't paying attention. By the time I realized it I had wolfed down half already. It did give me diarrhea for a day....:(.....I wouldn't recommend doing a lot of the things I do...:laugh:
:HappyWave:

Good fertilizer for veggies breaks down slowly when turned into the soil.

Good point, I have done that as well. Make sure you chop it up a bit so the neighborhood animals won't find it and dig it up. Great fertilizer for tomato plants. :HappyWave:

Fisherofmen, welcome aboard! :HappyWave:

fisherofmen
03-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Near paxtuxent naval air station.Southern Maryland.Thanks ledhead:clapping:

fisherofmen
03-16-2014, 03:04 PM
That seem to be the general consensus...Thanks Stormin:HappyWave:

fisherofmen
03-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Thank You Darkskies:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-17-2014, 08:46 AM
You're welcome, Fisherofmen.....do you ever come to NJ to fish or only fish in Md? :HappyWave:

fisherofmen
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
You're welcome, Fisherofmen.....do you ever come to NJ to fish or only fish in Md? :HappyWave:

Have'nt fished in NJ...am from LongIsland...did alot of fishing there:HappyWave:

surfstix1963
03-18-2014, 05:33 AM
Robert Moses area.Welcome aboard

williehookem
03-18-2014, 10:05 AM
welcome aboard

jigfreak
03-19-2014, 08:36 AM
:HappyWave:Whats up, fisher. Welcome