PDA

View Full Version : Police speed traps NJ

porgy75
05-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Just a heads up for the guys here who fish at night. I was driving down rt 36 last night to fish around 9pm and saw cars pulled over in 3 different places. It seems they have a new effort to catch speeders. Or maybe with the sandy damage it is about them writing tickets and making money? Be careful out there guys.

hookedonbass
05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
thanks dude

buckethead
05-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Thank you for the head's up porgy. Some of those towns are still hurting from Sandy. Long Branch now has electronic parking meters. We have to pay and pay to live in NJ.

storminsteve
05-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Another heads up porgy was right on the $$. I came home on rt 36 tonight and it was radar city. must of been a cop every 2 miles. I guess they really do need the money buckethead cause they were out in full force.

ledhead36
05-13-2014, 08:03 AM
This is solid intel folks. I live in the area and they have increased their presence along 36. Must of been a directive from above to make more revenue. Don't speed or do anything stupid like texting when driving cause they will get you.

storminsteve
06-24-2014, 09:24 AM
I went down into long branch to the windmill and then drove home on rt 36 last night (the northern most one not the one in long branch). I was driving home around 11pm. The cops were all over. I counted 3 separate MV stops. At one point they were right on my tail. I thought I did something wrong and they went and pulled the guy over who was driving next to me. I didn't see any taillights out on his car but he must of done something. Be careful fellas they mean business!

cowherder
06-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up steve and led head.

Blazin420
06-28-2014, 07:52 AM
Forget to add.. i dunno if any of you guys have a couple beers or not when your fishing...I no i dont its seriuos business when im out there and there is no time for drinkling :D....But coming home last night they had a DWI checkpoint on rt36...Just a heads up fellas be careful if you've had a couple pops!

surferman
06-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Hey good deal on the heads up blazin420. There was one one the Rt 72 causeway last night too. Maybe they have a series of dates where they set them up statewide. Or maybe just because it was friday night and they knew folks wold be drinking? Whatever it was be careful out there guys.

basshunter
06-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Very helpful be safe out there don't drink and drive cause they will get you!