PDA

View Full Version : My deformed fish

finchaser
05-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Caught this fish this morning felt bad for it must have survived a net. from the dorsal to the tail was curved down and S shaped and then curved back up.

plugcrazy
05-09-2014, 08:12 PM
wow thats def a crooked striper

hookset
05-10-2014, 06:09 AM
Amazing to see how nature lets animals and fish adapt. Thanks for sharing the pic. I caught a pug nosed striper once but never anything like the one you got.

jigfreak
05-10-2014, 07:58 AM
^^^And how something that deformed can still feed catch food and survive. I too have caught the pugs like hookset -not a crooked one tho.

cowherder
05-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Hinky! I knew a guy once who would kill everything that was deformed. He was a mean dude. How can you not feel bad for a bass that has to go around with a handicap like that. Glad that you were kind to that striper finchaser.

finchaser
05-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Hinky! I knew a guy once who would kill everything that was deformed. He was a mean dude. How can you not feel bad for a bass that has to go around with a handicap like that. Glad that you were kind to that striper finchaser.

I don't usually put bass on the ground and have them pose for a picture as they go through enough stress when hooked, but I wanted to share. I was taught you should never keep a fish out of water longer than you can hold your breath. I'm certain if I followed it's erratic shape with a tape measure, it was a keeper but it's still doing its thing

plugcrazy
05-10-2014, 11:36 AM
:clapping:Very humane of you to release that sir.

rockhopper
04-04-2016, 02:01 PM
How about the pug nosed stripers I have seen pics of. Does anyone think they are a different strain?