PDA

View Full Version : different weather systems for the Coast?

porgy75
05-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Was looking at the betty and nicks surf report video this morning. He had a beach where it was all sunny in the background. Then I went to that one surfchex where they show you the conditions at the manasquan inlet. It seemed cold and foggy with bigger surf.
Was wondering if you guy noticed different weather systems in the towns when you are fishing. Say from monmouth to ocean counties. I thought it was a bit strange after all they are only like 20 miles apart. thanks

clamchucker
05-15-2014, 01:57 PM
porgy I looked at those reports you mentioned. Sorry I have not responded sooner as I just got out of the hospital and have been recuperating. It appears the reports you were referring to were for different days. There does seem to be a slight difference in weather and water color as you go from, say, Island Beach to the shoreline areas of Monmouth county, like Monmouth beach. I don't know why but have noticed it several times when we did that run looking for fish.
Also when you come over the Rt 37 bridge to Seaside the weather is quite different from the mainland. Sometimes better sometimes worse. I hope that helps.

7deadlyplugs
08-24-2014, 04:30 PM
I agree. Sometimes it's lightning over Coney Island and further west when I am near Jones it is only light rain.