PDA

View Full Version : why do we wade out into the water 20 ft from shore ?????

madcaster
05-14-2014, 09:50 AM
last night I didn't have my waders ....I stood on the shore and caught fish .....all the other guys had wader and waded out 20 ft from the shore ....just curious why this is done ....

to get 20 yards on your cast ??....I was still out casting most of them from the shore ??

to make releasing fish easier ?.....most of the time the guys walked to the fish back to the shore to unhooked it ??

If I had my wader I would of done the same ....but only to comply to the rest of the people fishing ...not letting my fish and line get tangled into the guys next to me

jigfreak
05-15-2014, 01:39 AM
to get 20 yards on your cast ??....I was still out casting most of them from the shore ??

That's cause most guys cant cast for sh** without their $500 custom century slingshot or cts rods.
I laugh every time I see that. Totally not necessary. A known fact about bass and weakies is they will come in on the flats to feed at night. If you are standing 20 feet out you will def spook some fish, or you will be 15 feet past the strike zone.

madcaster
05-15-2014, 12:25 PM
I see wading out at low tide getting out further .....but high tide ...may being lower to the water line with a popper ...seeing the fish hit the top water ???......be closer to the fish jumping around you ???

plugcrazy
05-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Maybe they feel it will give them a competitive edge over they other guy. Like when you catch a fish on a big beach and you go back to unhook it and some dude comes along and starts casting in your spot. Why is where you were standing better than where he was? I think its all psychological. People should pay more attention and they will catch more fish.

J Barbosa
05-16-2014, 10:48 AM
I see wading out at low tide getting out further .....but high tide ...may being lower to the water line with a popper ...seeing the fish hit the top water ???......be closer to the fish jumping around you ???

One of my biggest pet peeves is guys wading out before they even check the shallow water for fish.

It seems like surf fisherman want to fish water that is 20ft deep all the time.

Yesterday I was fishing in an area where the channel runs close to shore. You have a choice of fishing the shallow water near the channel or fishing in the channel.

I outfished the bucktail and ava guys 5-1 by fishing the flats in 1-3ft of water using a technique VPass showed me. (thanks bud :HappyWave:)

It got to the point where those guys started crowding me in thinking it was about the spot rather than the technique.

vpass
05-16-2014, 05:56 PM
One of my biggest pet peeves is guys wading out before they even check the shallow water for fish.

It seems like surf fisherman want to fish water that is 20ft deep all the time.

Yesterday I was fishing in an area where the channel runs close to shore. You have a choice of fishing the shallow water near the channel or fishing in the channel.

I outfished the bucktail and ava guys 5-1 by fishing the flats in 1-3ft of water using a technique VPass showed me. (thanks bud :HappyWave:)

It got to the point where those guys started crowding me in thinking it was about the spot rather than the technique.

Cool JB, Glad you had a great day.

I most times take a few casts before I the enter water. I do like the feeling of being in the water. When I'm on the sand, without intent I gravitate farther in the water with every cast. I just like being in that element.

Blazin420
05-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Like Vpass said sometimes i like to be in the "element" but also in some spots after a long walk in the spring in waders and carrying all kinds of crap..I use it to cool down..If im sweating i like to stand in the water so i dont get swamp azz lol...that 50 deg water feels great after a long walk in waders!!