PDA

View Full Version : Fishing access problems in Perth Amboy

ledhead36
06-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Hey dark wonder if you or anyone else could help us here. We went to the perth amboy marina municipal pier last nite. There were so many people there there was no elbow room. Kids, babies, partying, and the garbage. They do have containers there but we dont like fishing piers when crowded like that. So we set up on one of the local beaches. Around 11:30 the po po came by and said Hey you cant fish here this beach is for bathers only.
I asked him why he said that all the fishermen were going by there and leaving garbage and not bringing it home. So they shut it down andn send the police around to patrol at night. Let me get this straight- kids can drink and party on the beach at night and we cant fish there? I don't know a lot of the legal stuff you guys do so I didn't want to argue with him. It really sucks that we got kicked out. We always bring trashbags and clean up our garbage and then some more.
Is there anything that can be done? thanks for the help or advice

finchaser
06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Not really all towns set their own access rules now that the DEP has turned it over exclusively to the towns and relinquished their authority . All I can say is ViVa La Mexico it's becoming a major problem. Even see it down here after they rape the sea, they leave garbage and dirty diapers everywhere. Many marina's are going to coded gates and video to keep them from fishing on docks cutting bait on dock boxes while families sleep in co_k pits of boats. Places we have fished for years are now so crowed and dirty its sickening. It's not only them but they seem to be major players on the jetties, piers ,BRIDGES and other no trespassing area's which cause closure.

paco33
06-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I dont think you can do much. I fish there every year. I don't want to get flamed for saying this but the cops in perth amboy are nazis.