PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fathers Day!

robmedina
06-14-2014, 08:20 AM
Happy Fathers day to all you Dad's out there. Since I will be fishing tomorrow, my kids gave me a homemade (The best kind!) fathers day card. I love it!

vpass
06-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Happy Fathers day to all you Dad's out there. Since I will be fishing tomorrow, my kids gave me a homemade (The best kind!) fathers day card. I love it!

That awesome Rob, The best kind of gift.

Wishing everyone a Happy Father's Day. Enjoy!!!!

storminsteve
06-14-2014, 07:00 PM
King of the River thats a great tribute Rob. You have some good kids there. I might be getting a tie and a dinner out lol

CharlieTuna
06-14-2014, 07:29 PM
Happy Fathers day to all.

J Barbosa
06-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Pebbles
06-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Happy Fathers Day to ALL!!

DarkSkies
06-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Sorry for the late post. Dads have (hopefully) made an impact in all our lives.

Some of us grew up without Dads, which is unfortunate. I feel bad for those folks.
Having a Dad meant a lot to me. He was not the nicest person, and kind of selfish when he was aliive. Although I did my best to keep the relationship going, it was barely once a year that I would get to hear the words "Good job Son, proud of ya!"

For my Dad, work and other interests took priority to spending time with family.
I hope some understand where I'm coming from if you're reading my words here...
Even though my Dad was kind of dysfunctional and the way he was....I still miss him 5 years after he's gone....and would give anything just to have him come back and yell at me one more time......

I did love him...and I know in his own way, he loved us.....:thumbsup:
So I'm putting these words up here....just to share my experiences...and we did have some good times as well.....I have tried to focus on the Good times....IMO that's the best thing to do for anyone who has lost a parent, or family member, and still misses them....

I recently fished with a friend, who apologized not getting out to fish much, as his son was having problems.......
I told him that was the best place he could be....being there for his son.....when he's older his son will not remember the big fish that Dad caught,.,..but rather the time his Dad spent with the kids and Family.

For anyone out there who has let work get in the way of their family time.....
Or has become estranged from family members......(sometimes in dysfunctional families this is inevitable, and people may be better off emotionallly when avoiding others)....
Remember that we all won't live forever....
There is no time like the present.. to mend fences.....and renew relationships........

And Honor, the people ...(Parents or not) who were there for us as we were growing......

Hope all the Dads out there had a great day!
May God in his infinite benevolence grant us more of those great days. :thumbsup:

Rob, as has been mentioned, that card your children made is priceless......I know you are struggliing to get them interested in fishing.,....I think the most important thing here...is that they know their Dad loves fishing....and they love him...that was appparent by the card they made you. :HappyWave:

captnemo
06-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Hope all had a good fathers day. Thank you dark and your wife for making this such a nice and civilized site.

clamchucker
06-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Hope all had a good fathers day. Thank you dark and your wife for making this such a nice and civilized site.

I would like to second what the Capt said. Thanks to dark and your wife. Thanks to all the members. rob I enjoy your reports as well.

This is one of the most enjoyable sites out there because of the reality and humbleness of folks' comments. The bragging and ego driven posts on other sites just get to be too much. Thanks for all you do. I sincerely hope all the fathers out there got treated well yesterday, I did and had an enjoyable day with my children and later got to see some of my grandchildren. You are right each day is precious. Do not waste it.

robmedina
06-16-2014, 02:57 PM
You are right each day is precious. Do not waste it.

Amen!