PDA

View Full Version : fathers day largemouth

robmedina
06-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Went to a local lake because the wind was going to be crazy. I got this 17 1/2" spawner in the lilly pads. Fished for a few hours until the wind was a steady 15-20 and came home to the family.

plugcrazy
08-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Nice job. Looks like you used a rubber shiner. Is that whats in the mouth? Do you also use rubber worms or tend to use smaller profiles in the hot weather.thanks for sharing.

robmedina
08-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Plug- there isn't anything in its mouth. If you are talking about the first shot with its mouth open- that is its tongue. If the second one where it is laying sideways on the measure board, that is the white rope leash incase it falls out of the yak.

I caught this fish on a frog fly I tied the day or few days before the trip.

In hot weather I usually only fish for largemouth early in the morning or later in the evening. If it is real early or later in the evening I use a topwater. Bass will continue to feed along the shore line or right near drop offs until it gets too warm in which case they will go deep. For shoreline I will fish rubber worm rigged whacky style or a jig/ creature bait (crayfish imitation). On windy days I use a spinner cast towards the shore (from a boat/ kayak)

If you can find bass deep in the summer they will take swim baits, jigs and crankbaits. If you can find them deep they are usually stacked up. That is how Kevin Vandam has been so successful. He was/ is the master of deepwater bass fishing.

plugcrazy
08-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks rob. My bad I thought the thing that you caught it on was in the bass2 pic the one on the right. Now I see it was just the rope. Thanks for explaining. Nice lmb.