PDA

View Full Version : what is fishing to you?

robmedina
06-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Fishing for me is the thrill of the hunt. Sometimes I catch and most times I don't, but I love the thrill of the hunt regardless of whether I catch or not. What about you?

porgy75
06-16-2014, 03:04 PM
To me it is going out and having a day at the beach. I don't catch nearly as much as you guys here but each time I try to learn a bit more. Thanks for all the helpful posts and hints. I am trying lures more each time and someday hope to post a pic of a big fish I caught with a lure. Meanwhile I like clams because you can catch all kinds of fish on them.

williehookem
06-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Fishing to me is a getaway away from my wife and the naggiing. She really isn't that bad but she does nag a llittle too much. it's my inner sanctum like Supermans fortress of solitude!

finchaser
06-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Ended up being my life, lost a wife and gave up many other things, in the pursuit of and the saving of mainly bass.
and here they go again --who'd a thunk :scared:

robmedina
06-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Ended up being my life, lost a wife and gave up many other things, I know what you mean Fin- last year I spent many nights driving home in the wee hours half falling asleep. Getting home and sleeping for a few hours and getting up for work. On the weekends I would fish at night and sleep all day and missed my family.
I determined that no fish would take the place of my family. I get out when I can and that's it. I haven't done much striper fishing this year and I am ok with that. I hit the lakes and stalk the largemouth and hopefully carp and musky. Get to the salt when I can.

Monty
06-16-2014, 07:02 PM
For me its getting out there and just getting lost in the fishing, trying to catch a Bass or Blue. Catching or not its always fun, not thinking about anything but trying to catch a fish. Kind of resets my mind and gets rid of stress. Always learning, the fun catching a fish, relief of beating a skunk, competing with myself. Even the time leading up to the weekly trip, planning where to fish, checking tide, the wind and weather. Its all part of the experience.

jigfreak
06-19-2014, 11:50 AM
It's your contest with yourself. To get out there learn the water and try to find the places they lurk. Going for the gusto. Maybe you will get a bit one maybe not. Trying anyway to beat your personal best. Oh, and I hate people too so anytime I can get out with no people around its golden.:)

lostatsea
06-21-2014, 09:31 AM
For me its getting out there and just getting lost in the fishing, trying to catch a Bass or Blue. Catching or not its always fun, not thinking about anything but trying to catch a fish. Kind of resets my mind and gets rid of stress. Always learning, the fun catching a fish, relief of beating a skunk, competing with myself. Even the time leading up to the weekly trip, planning where to fish, checking tide, the wind and weather. Its all part of the experience.

Yes sir, especially resetting the mind part.

7deadlyplugs
08-07-2014, 06:35 PM
"I fish not to fill the belly with food , but to fill the soul with beauty and wonder."
nice tag line rob.

fishinmission78
11-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Ended up being my life, lost a wife and gave up many other things, in the pursuit of and the saving of mainly bass.
and here they go again --who'd a thunk :scared:

2 good posts about balance and the importance of perspective.