PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to be Cheerful - fall 2014

fishinmission78
09-04-2014, 02:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMNXogXnvE

don't know if you fellas remember Ian Dury and the Blockheads. They did that song Sex and Drugs and Rock n Roll back in the day. They also did a song reasons to be cheerful. Figured since it looks like the guys in the RB area are worrying about the fall, you can PM me if the fishing heats up and come down here to fish. Some of you offered the same to me as well when the spring run was on up there. Thats one of the things I like about this site and I would like to return the favor.
My reasons, lets hear yours -
Most of the tourists are gone.
Not too many more carnival and families at the Park that pretend they are fishing and take up prime fishing spots.
We have bait all up and down the surf line. Snappers, spearing, and rainfish - the table is set.

cowherder
09-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Glass half empty or half full? I kinda like that fnm thanks for the positivity. I am cheerful that the tourists are dwindling. That also means the hot bikinis will be dwindling too replaced by the slightly overweight moms and grandmas that did not want to hang out in the heat of summer. Oh, well!

surferman
09-06-2014, 11:11 AM
[
My reasons, lets hear yours -
Most of the tourists are gone.

X2 I fished Ocean City area this morning and even though there were still some, most are gone! You really could tell the difference. Fall is finally coming now all we have to do is pray for some fish.

fishinmission78
09-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Yes the wagon trains and caravans of tourists are thinning out. Fished island beach today and you could notice the difference. First time I was there on a sat in months.

seamonkey
09-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Parking restrictions in some areas are relaxed. Hooray:clapping:

J Barbosa
09-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Some plugs that were always impossible to get unless you paid outrageous prices are now becoming more available at much lower prices. :bigeyes:

ledhead36
09-18-2014, 02:55 AM
The flies that were all over are dying off. Black flies are gone and the small noseeums werent out tonite. amen

surfstix1963
09-18-2014, 06:56 AM
I guess I'm on the right side of the ground and still breathing other then that not a cheerful year for us.

J Barbosa
09-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Less people are out fishing.

ledhead36
09-18-2014, 04:00 PM
I guess I'm on the right side of the ground and still breathing other then that not a cheerful year for us.

Yessir:cool: sorry to hear its a bad year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLR5wd_p1T4

hookset
09-19-2014, 06:27 AM
The bennys have left the building! Not to many surfcasters either. Only saw one other fisherman out where I was last night and he was fishing bait.

fishinmission78
09-20-2014, 08:01 AM
The flies that were all over are dying off. Black flies are gone and the small noseeums werent out tonite. amen

O happy day. I noticed this too. Its amazing how a few degrees drop in temperature will make them scarce.

ledhead36
10-07-2014, 07:32 AM
The bennys have left the building! Not to many surfcasters either. Only saw one other fisherman out where I was last night and he was fishing bait.

The bennys and everyone else. Hardly anyone fishing now at night in the back. The usual places have a few cars and trucks. Every other place - you can hear the crickets chirping when the wind isn't blowing that hard.

surfstix1963
10-07-2014, 08:15 AM
same in NY very few people on the beach, fishing is slowwww big blues are offshore stripers are small feeding on the beach lip.BTW Thanks leadhead that's how it goes getting to that age where you start losing very important people in your life.