PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Blazin420
10-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Man ive never been happier seeing Sept end!!! It stunk for me!! Got out yesterday am On the rocks..from 445-10am...fished 4 different jettys and all i could find was 1 lil blue that crushed my smack it jr..he nailed it 3 times soo that 3 mins of excitement was worth ithttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif that was about 7ish..Water was like a lake and very light breeze..Nice morning but the fish seem to have something against NoMoCo lately http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif

J Barbosa
10-01-2014, 09:50 AM
September has sucked the past few years and seems to get worse every year; I don't even bother trying unless the big bluefish invade us in decent numbers.

Its usually been a good time to put some fluke in the freezer but they didn't want to cooperate this year. Can't blame it on a lack of bait either...

DarkSkies
10-01-2014, 11:44 AM
NJ Fishing Reports for October 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com (http://www.stripersandanglers.com/)

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Since Sandy and the rebuilding/Beach replenishment, a substantial amount of Fishing Access has been lost. The ones who want to fish, are now crowded into less places, particularly the popular ones.
Please use common sense, when describing where you were fishing. :learn:

1. Fishing an area that is NOT residential? Being vague is less critical. For example, (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

2. For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time

3. If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?
If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
More discussion on this:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3763)

**If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, wind, bait present, or other mention of techniques or bait/plugs used - feel free. :fishing:
Thanks, and good luck. :HappyWave:

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the Hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)
OC - Ocean County

IBSP - Island Beach State Park
LBI - Long Beach Island
AC - Atlantic County
CMC - Cape May County

RB - Raritan Bay
BB - Barnegat Bay
CB - Chesapeake Bay
DB - Delaware Bay

Mecca.....Montauk

DarkSkies
10-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Sept recap and some observations going forward -

1. Mullet run did start early
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?4729-Mullet-Run-and-chunking-mullet-or-bunker-tips/page2

This is subjective and depends on where you fish. Generally speaking, many of the northern bay areas have emptied most of their mullet.I have been scouting quite a few areas in the back, and can report that in the last 2 weeks some of them have really thinned out in terms of holding mullet and other bait.

Hopefully, as the Fall migration gets under way, some of this bait will continue moving place to place, and give more anglers a fair shot at catching some fish.

2. New Striped Bass limit regulations -
Please take some time to inform yourselves what's going on...
Here and in other threads...
Time to speak up or shut up on Bass - ASMFC Sept Meetings (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9683-Time-to-speak-up-or-shut-up-on-Bass-ASMFC-Sept-Meetings)

It seems to me, with all the internet chatter about who is, and is not happy, with Mr Tom Fote, that's all it is.....ineffective internet chatter.
Some of the loudest internet opinions about what is happening today, are those people who do nothing to help effect change.

The recent ASMFC striped bass meetings are but one example.
A little over 100 anglers attended those meetings statewide.....

That means.... that striped bass anglers in the state, (other than the ones that also sent in e-mails or attended the meetings) are willing to let the opinions of 100+, count for everyone...
I find that not only sad, but appalling.:don't know why:
Fishermen apathy is at an all-time high......

**Food for thought...
It doesn't take much effort or hard work to criticize someone on the internet....it takes far more effort to get in the game and actually get involved, instead of just sitting on the sidelines....
If we don't like the new regulations, we have no one to blame but ourselves.
Thanks for reading.....:HappyWave:

buckethead
10-02-2014, 11:01 AM
**Food for thought...
It doesn't take much effort or hard work to criticize someone on the internet....it takes far more effort to get in the game and actually get involved, instead of just sitting on the sidelines....
If we don't like the new regulations, we have no one to blame but ourselves.
Thanks for reading.....:HappyWave:

Absolutely true, Rich. And thanks for all you do. Fished moco early today. It was close to low when I started with skinny water. No activity until the tide started coming back in. Picked up 3 shorts on a bucktail with chartreuse grub.

surferman
10-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Ocean city area this morning hoping for a sunrise bite. 2 feisty blues on a popper at 7am. Surf was pretty riled up. Maybe I will try again tomorrow when it calms down.

basshunter
10-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Nice going guys. Will be out this weekend looking to find some bass!

VSdreams
10-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Cool thanks for the intel and surf conditions reports.

buckethead
10-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Picked up 4 short but fat bass today. Moco. Bucktail and chartreuse grub. Water really cleaned up nice.

J Barbosa
10-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Nice Job, has the water cleared up a bit?

storminsteve
10-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Fished no mo co last night incoming tide. Surf was pretty big where I was. 2 hickory shad and one blue on the teaser. Nice going bucket head!

fishinmission78
10-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Island Beach 5-7a. 2 keeper bass to 29" on popper at sunrise. Kept first one, tossed the smaller one back. Both had sea lice.

plugcrazy
10-04-2014, 03:19 AM
Fished the back in moco from 12-3. nice night out there was some baitfish and a few stripers. Managed 2. Biggest one was 27" on storm shads. One bite off by a bluefish.

basshunter
10-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Well I said I would be looking for bass this weekend. All I could find was white foam! Went to somoco and tried to fish. Emphasis on tried. The wind was blowing 25mph from the southeast and the surf was big and angry. Like an old man sending soup back to the kitchen. I tryed tossing an ava 27 with green tail it was the only thing I could think of. No dice. The surfers were bobbing up and down like small black dots on the ocean. I don't know how they do it. May try again tomorrow when the waves are less and the water is cleaner.

hookset
10-04-2014, 12:39 PM
basshunter you are better than me. I got up to fish this morning, looked at the weather forecast and surfchex and went back to bed. At least you tried. Can only catch fish with your line in the water. Or in your dreams. Keep trying you will hook up soon.

cowherder
10-04-2014, 10:22 PM
I fished nomoco from 8-10PM. The northwest wind was howling glad it was behind me. Even so I had to move a little to get away from the intensity. Conditions seemed perfect. I used shads but couldn't cast too far, Finally went with a 2 oz bucktail with a small teaser. Got a hickory shad on the teaser.

storminsteve
10-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Gave it a try in No Moco. Great surf and morning for me but someone forgot to tell the fish. One small blue on ava 17. Felt cold and crisp out there just like fall should feel.

vpass
10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Got out this morning from 11am to 4pm. Got 1 Striper about 18 inches on a White Bucktails with sluggo, Seen some spearing and mullet. Had a nice size fluke on that I droped in the surf. Bass was hooked on the turn of the tide.

J Barbosa
10-06-2014, 10:26 AM
I tried fishing friday afternoon. I knew the surf was probably not fishable so I choose a spot in the back that would be sheltered from the winds.

The long trail leading to the water has been destroyed since Sandy and this was the old sign. People still fished it and the officials looked the other way. We always thought the sign was more for liability purposes in case somebody got hurt along the pathway.

The new sign and a big fence extending into the water blocking access.

Not a favorite spot of mine but any access lost puts added pressure on the remaining spots.

jigfreak
10-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Fished OC from 5-7am. The west wind cut the surf down nicely but now it's probably a little too calm. Managed a short on redfin before dawn and another one on a gibbs popper as the sun was coming up. That was all she wrote. Nice morning out though.

jigfreak
10-06-2014, 11:23 AM
I tried fishing friday afternoon. I knew the surf was probably not fishable so I choose a spot in the back that would be sheltered from the winds.

The long trail leading to the water has been destroyed since Sandy and this was the old sign. People still fished it and the officials looked the other way. We always thought the sign was more for liability purposes in case somebody got hurt along the pathway.

The new sign and a big fence extending into the water blocking access.

Not a favorite spot of mine but any access lost puts added pressure on the remaining spots.

Man That suxx. By the time theyre done closing off all the access we will only be able to fish SH, IBSP, the inlets, and some sedges.
New tourist slogan- Welcome to NJ with open arms. Just don't expect to have a lot of fishing access when you come here. :2flip:

seamonkey
10-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Fished Cape May near the point. Skunk a roo for me.

ledhead36
10-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Last night in the back, some deeper water. Clams and shrimp was hoping for porgy or stripers. I got 2 spot last night. Haven't seen them all year and then they show up in october go figure. Also a handful of runt bass on clams. This is a good sign because they weren't in this spot a few weeks ago. Not a great september for me and my crew.

ledhead36
10-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Man That suxx. By the time theyre done closing off all the access we will only be able to fish SH, IBSP, the inlets, and some sedges.
New tourist slogan- Welcome to NJ with open arms. Just don't expect to have a lot of fishing access when you come here. :2flip:

Agreed. There is so many areas in the back where you cant fish either. If they want more tourists to come to Jersey they need to think not just of the ocean but the bays too.

storminsteve
10-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Nice going on the stripers ledhead! Tuna at sandy hook in september. Spot in the bays in october. what a long strange trip its been!:kooky: I fished Nomoco and picked up a decent blue on a white SP. 10-12pm.

finchaser
10-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Wednesday ( 10/1) 7 fluke and a bass bouncing with a cripple hearing 6-8 pm

Thursday ( 10/2) 7 bass to 24" all on jig head and Saltshaker tail 6-9 pm

Tuesday (10/7) a 29" and 27" bass both on jig head and Saltshaker tail 5:30 to 7 AM

As per your request Dark a fishing post

hookset
10-07-2014, 10:01 PM
:HappyWave:Hey finchaser good to see you back in the game. I almost thought you took a break from fishing. It's been pretty inconsistent for me so it's nice to see you catching em up. Have been getting skunked in the front and the occasional small bass or blue. Tonight I picked up 2 stripes in NMoco near sunset on a shad. Shorts, but nice and healthy. Wind from the SW about 15. Waiting for the water temperatures to drop about 5 more degrees.

striperhunter
10-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Finchaser please don't catch all the fish every post.Like the last time you posted when most of the fishermen did'nt catch.

finchaser
10-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Ok I'll be silent, Dark wanted me to let you guys know there are fish around not many but they are around

J Barbosa
10-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Sunday night- 4 bass to 24" on 4" swim shads.

jigfreak
10-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Finchaser please don't catch all the fish every post.Like the last time you posted when most of the fishermen did'nt catch.

maybe a smilie or 2 next time and people will get your meaning.:boring:What is is with some people? Dude how many reports have you shared with your fellow fishermen here? And you have the stones to criticize those who are out there putting in their time. Gotta love the internet its where all the internet fishermen hang out.
I think finchaser is part of the over the rail gang at the MI. Those old guys kick A**.

finchaser
10-08-2014, 07:18 PM
You are right JF, and I am also a SRSA

Blazin420
10-09-2014, 07:30 AM
Nice job on catching Fin,Hookset and John!

Well another skunk on the bored for me...This is getting oldhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif Fished 7 till 11pm.NoMoCo
..I dont normally like fishing the full moon but i had the time and even my favorite conditions havent produced so i said screw it and took a ride..weather was great water seemed decent.I managed 1 good bump in the wash and that was it...Water did feel like it was a bot cooler from last time i was out..Hopefully i have a positive report soonhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/mgun.gif

fishinmission78
10-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Fished the park from 5-7a. Ocean is like a lake. West wind really knocked it down, maybe a little too much. Got one 27" striper on popper. Raised another one. Completely dead after that. Great sunrise out there.

fishinmission78
10-09-2014, 07:34 AM

striperhunter do you actually fish? I can't remember the last time I read a fishing report from you. Armchair quarterback much?
Finchaser has probably forgotten more about fishing, than you will ever know. I don't know him but you can tell by his posts he is an old salty. They know things. They are out there all the time fishing.
surfstix just posted a video on reading the beach.
Reading a beach (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9705-Reading-a-beach)
How about looking at it and trying to become a better fisherman before you start slamming others.
The other day I was fishing Island Beach and I was catching and the guy 50 feet away from me wasn't. I was fishing the cut, and tried to explain you have to read the beach. I guess some out there think fish magically fall from the sky onto there hooks.

What is is with some people? Dude how many reports have you shared with your fellow fishermen here? And you have the stones to criticize those who are out there putting in their time. Gotta love the internet its where all the internet fishermen hang out.
I think finchaser is part of the over the rail gang at the MI. Those old guys kick A**.

:clapping::clapping: X2. whats with these guys who don't post reports and have nothing better than criticize the guys who do?
My bud who fishes up there told me about the over the rail gang. Bucket Bob or Amtrack Bob is one of the guys. They are there all the time and they do catch. Thanks for all you do finchaser. Have learned a lot from your posts over the years.

seamonkey
10-09-2014, 09:46 AM
cape may from 4 to 6 AM. A few small bluefish at first light on smak it popper. The surf was very flat today.

striperhunter
10-09-2014, 10:22 AM
For all you internet fishermen . I put a lot of time fishing and catching but I don't spend a lot time typing just so I look like a great fisherman.Good fisherman go to the beach and look for structure and rips,cuts,bait,birds,location.That fishing.

SharkHart
10-09-2014, 10:35 AM
It is naive to think if most didnt catch fish can't be caught, Guys in the know target spots resident fish hang this time of year and the guys fishing migrating spots are taking the skunk and calling BS on guys cathing, To give you another example, In the spring strong NE winds were killing the ocean surf and flattening and cleaning the bay, some guys have a deeper bag of tricks then others.

buckethead
10-09-2014, 10:52 AM

For all you internet fishermen . I put a lot of time fishing and catching but I don't spend a lot time typing just so I look like a great fisherman.Good fisherman go to the beach and look for structure and rips,cuts,bait,birds,location.That fishing.

Does being a good fisherman mean dumping on and questioning the honesty of one of the most helpful members here? What have you given back to this site? Helping others when they are struggling? Giving a few words of encouragement to the new guys when they are not catching? I reviewed your posts and didn't see any of that helpfulness only arrogance. I have to stand up for finchaser because we old guys have to stick together. If someone asked me who is finchaser I would say I believe he's the old guy on stripers and anglers who is the sharpie catching fish and arguing with darkskies all the time. If someone asked me who is striperhunter I honestly would not have much to say because in my opinion you don't give back to the site other than to become angry when someone is catching and you are not. Like sharkhart said when folks target migrating fish they only have a few months to play. Others that target resident fish can spend more time out there catching.
Dark if you feel this is out of line feel free to delete. some young folks need to learn manners and respect the old folks.

I don't know you or finchaser but it is very poor form to come on an internet site if all you do is criticize others. If you don't have anything nice to say about someone please follow the advice that my parents taught me and keep your mouth closed. Or go somewhere else and whine.

storminsteve
10-09-2014, 11:23 AM
striperhunter do you actually fish? I can't remember the last time I read a fishing report from you. Armchair quarterback much?
Finchaser has probably forgotten more about fishing, than you will ever know.

x2! I bet finchaser has forgotten more about fishing than you will ever know.
striperhunter whats up with you. Someone pi** in your cornflakes this morning?:huh:

finchaser
10-09-2014, 12:13 PM
So now your upset I can multi task by fishing ,catching and typing. Ok you win I give up

By the way got 3 bass to 27" between 5:00 and 6:30 this morning all on jig head and chartreuses Salt Shaker tail. FYI I don't report skunks because I fish sometimes 1-3 times a day but only on days that end in Y . I only report catches to try and help the guys who don't live near the water have some insight on when the fish are around and on what I am having success with. I have learned a lot in over 50 years of bass fishing and am still learning.

Guess if I looked for structure and rips, cuts, bait, birds, location. I'd be great not good. :ROFLMAO Why didn't I think of that

cowherder
10-09-2014, 12:23 PM
So now your upset I can multi task by fishing ,catching and typing. Ok you win I give up:don't know why:

By the way got 3 bass to 27" between 5:00 to 6:30 this morning all on jig head and chartreuse Salt Shaker tail.

Dont apologize to anyone finchaser you sure do catch! striperhunter I have been here since 2008 and have learned probably half of my catching abilities from finchasers posts. He is a good guy and helpful. You should apologize to him.Or just continue being a tool.

J Barbosa
10-09-2014, 05:49 PM
It is naive to think if most didnt catch fish can't be caught, Guys in the know target spots resident fish hang this time of year and the guys fishing migrating spots are taking the skunk and calling BS on guys cathing, To give you another example, In the spring strong NE winds were killing the ocean surf and flattening and cleaning the bay, some guys have a deeper bag of tricks then others.

Its that time of the year...people are too wound up and seriously need to stop trolling the internets and instead just go fishing.

I don't always feel like posting a report but when I do they are usually more helpful than chest pounding...bait, water quality, conditions, plugs that worked, ect.

Finchaser helps out a lot of people here; can't say the same for the troll.

Tried to fish on Monday...got to the water and it was too dirty with no signs of life. Went home and crossed some stuff off the to-do list.

Fished on Tuesday for about 30mins, dirty water no life around so I went home and crossed some more stuff off the to-do list.

Fished last night and found bass busting spearing on top. Lots of small bass in the area...we could see them swirl in close but we were only able to hook up two and land one with a bunch of missed hits. Water was still pretty dirty where we were fishing think that had something to do with our low catch rate. That full moon was super bright.

storminsteve
10-10-2014, 08:27 AM
So now your upset I can multi task by fishing ,catching and typing. Ok you win I give up

By the way got 3 bass to 27" between 5:00 and 6:30 this morning all on jig head and chartreuses Salt Shaker tail. FYI I don't report skunks because I fish sometimes 1-3 times a day but only on days that end in Y . I only report catches to try and help the guys who don't live near the water have some insight on when the fish are around and on what I am having success with. I have learned a lot in over 50 years of bass fishing and am still learning.

Guess if I looked for structure and rips, cuts, bait, birds, location. I'd be great not good. :ROFLMAO Why didn't I think of that

:clapping:Now that was funny right there lol! thank you for all the wisdom you have imparted to us. Thanks for the reports I enjoy them. Keep em coming! Please don't let the trolls get to you.

Its that time of the year...people are too wound up and seriously need to stop trolling the internets and instead just go fishing.

I don't always feel like posting a report but when I do they are usually more helpful than chest pounding...bait, water quality, conditions, plugs that worked, ect.

Finchaser helps out a lot of people here; can't say the same for the troll.

Tried to fish on Monday...got to the water and it was too dirty with no signs of life. Went home and crossed some stuff off the to-do list.

Fished on Tuesday for about 30mins, dirty water no life around so I went home and crossed some more stuff off the to-do list.

Fished last night and found bass busting spearing on top. Lots of small bass in the area...we could see them swirl in close but we were only able to hook up two and land one with a bunch of missed hits. Water was still pretty dirty where we were fishing think that had something to do with our low catch rate. That full moon was super bright.

:thumbsup:Amen! I haven't been doing much either. Worst fall in a long time for me so far. Hey at least you tried.

finchaser
10-10-2014, 08:53 AM
thanks for the nice comments guys

Mike and I connected this morning for 13 bass he had 6 to 26" on a pink finesse I had 7 to 28" all on jig head with a Chartreuse Shaker tail. Water in the back was dirty and low from yesterdays out going blow out tide. We left them biting at 7AM to meet the rest of our motley crew for Friday morning breakfast

buckethead
10-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Moco this morning, big goose egg for me..great sunrise, Nice work finchaser thanks for the report.

Blazin420
10-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Awesome as usual Finchaser:thumbsup:!! You must have permanent bass thumb:d...Im headed out to night to a "new"area for me cant be any worse then what ive been catching lately which =nothing:rolleyes:

fishrich
10-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Two of us fished OC 2pm to 7 pm. Found a lot of rainfish and caught a bunch of small bluefish on metal and teasers. When the blues quit we finished the day plugging till dark but nothing showed up to bother all the bait still there.

DarkSkies
10-11-2014, 08:21 AM
FYI I don't report skunks because I fish sometimes 1-3 times a day but only on days that end in Y .
I only report catches to try and help the guys who don't live near the water have some insight on when the fish are around and on what I am having success with. I have learned a lot in over 50 years of bass fishing and am still learning.

A lot of folks don't understand the years and time the OGB has put into this, and the frequency they are out there looking for fish.......
Between him and his crew, they have all the productive night and daylight hours covered.......
There isn't too much that goes on, that they don't know about....:thumbsup:

thanks for the nice comments guys. We left them biting at 7AM to meet the rest of our motley crew for Friday morning breakfast

...And it is quite the motley crew.....:moon: :cool: :HappyWave:
You don't get to sit at their table unless you have 50 years under your belt fishin the salt..or if they like ya.....
I don't quite fit that requirement yet......I guess they like me, they let me sit at the table with them....:HappyWave:
They're a close-knit group of old farts, very big on ball busting.......no punches pulled.....real old-time fishermen.....the best of the best in North and Central Jersey....:thumbsup:

Two of us fished OC 2pm to 7 pm. Found a lot of rainfish and caught a bunch of small bluefish on metal and teasers. When the blues quit we finished the day plugging till dark but nothing showed up to bother all the bait still there.

Good to see some of the OFFC get out there....
I know if there would have been a few bass, you would have found em.
Glad to see ya both had a good time....I miss the days Spring and Fall when we had more time and opportunities to drive up and down the beach....and the fish were right there.....:HappyWave:

Blazin420
10-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Got out last night from 830pm-130am..Me and my bud decided it was time to move around.We picked a spot well S of were we normally fish.I had never fished it before and my bud used to fish in the area about 5 years ago.So we get were we want to be and gear upWalked out to a flat clam ocean good cloud cover and 0 wind..We split up and he went right i went left worked the whole area real well..Had a few taps about 10pm then i hooked up with a hickory shadhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/eusa_doh.gif I thought i had broken my streak of skunks but i nope..I didnt mind much cause it was more then i have been getting so it was a 1/2 skunk in my mindhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif .Met back up with Dave about 11 and had the same results just 1 hickory.So we decided to move up N and work some beaches on the way home.
We made a stop at 1 of the regular spots about 1130 we said well give it about an hour and if nothing then leave.Tide was moving out so we were losing water. We worked 1 side of some rocks NADA.So about 12 we looked at each other and said "ahhh screw it 10 more casts on the other side of these rocks then lets hit the road"..So we did that i was throwing a Mambo and a Green/white teaser...3 cast i come tight on something!!! Jumped right out of the water wasnt to big but i said damn it another shad!! Once it got in the wash it pulled much harder then a shad....Well low and behold...It had stripes!!!!!http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif A nice fiesty 22 incher hit the teaser.Its sounds funny but that short made my month after 10 skunkings!!! Finally kicked that damn skunk!! So we start casting some more and 2 casts later WHAM! Im tight again! This was a better fish ,nothing huge but better.He tooks some drag(i was using my light 8ft set up) and after a few minutes he was on the sand a nice 25in shorty!!! We stayed another 45 mins with nothing else,water had gone out too much now and the rain started...So we called it a night......Sorry for the long post (its almost a darkskies length;))JK Dark:HappyWave:... but after all those fishless trips im so amped that i found SOMETHING out there with black lines on it and that took some drag..http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif Gonna be a long day at work since i didnt get home till about 230am but it sooo much easier when i don t reak of SKUNK haha

DarkSkies
10-11-2014, 08:32 AM
GSorry for the long post (its almost a darkskies length;))JK Dark:HappyWave:... but after all those fishless trips im so amped that i found SOMETHING out there with black lines on it and that took some drag..http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif Gonna be a long day at work since i didnt get home till about 230am but it sooo much easier when i don t reak of SKUNK haha

M....No offense taken....:thumbsup:.I don't think you could eclipse my infamous 500 word posts..:scared: :boring:..but you're welcome to try...:laugh: :clapping:...

I read your report and could sense the enthusiasm in each sentence......:fishing:
Some are only interested if the fish is "large"....at some point it's good to get over that mentality.....and just be happy to get out and get a tug on the end of the line...even if it's bluefish or hickory shad........Outstanding report and description of the lengths you went to.... to find some fish......good job. :thumbsup:

hookset
10-11-2014, 10:15 AM
.Outstanding report and description of the lengths you went to.... to find some fish......good job. :thumbsup:

X2 nice job blazin. Fished moco in the slop this morning on the incoming tide. Big surf and SE wind. Worked bucktail and metal. Nothing for me.

finchaser
10-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Fished the back again from 4 to 7 AM released 14 bass to 31 inches then 2 bluefish after they came through it ended. All on chartreuse shaker tail and jig head, water was nasty looking.

Very nice Blaze:thumbsup:

cowherder
10-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Wow congrats gents. finchaser you da man!:clapping:

Monty
10-11-2014, 10:52 AM
A nice fiesty 22 incher hit the teaser.Its sounds funny but that short made my month after 10 skunkings!!! Finally kicked that damn skunk!! So we start casting some more and 2 casts later WHAM! Im tight again! This was a better fish ,nothing huge but better.He tooks some drag(i was using my light 8ft set up) and after a few minutes he was on the sand a nice 25in shorty!!! We stayed another 45 mins with nothing else,water had gone out too much now and the rain started...So we called it a night......Sorry for the long post (its almost a darkskies length, JK Dark:HappyWave:... but after all those fishless trips im so amped that i found SOMETHING out there with black lines on it and that took some drag..

Awesome report Balzin420, congrats at beating the skunk.

Blazin420
10-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Thanks alot guys it felt great to have a decent bend in the rod again!! Finchaser great job brotha nice fish!!Dailed into them as usual!

Its a challenge Dark im gonna shoot for 500 next time:scared::laugh:

vpass
10-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Awesome report Blazin as Dark said I could sense the enthusiasm.

Fin, your always on fire, your worst days are like my best days,:headbang:

Last night before high tide, I got into a good 15 min. of striper action. I landed 4 bass to 26 inches, and dropped 1 that was making my reel scream. 1 fish caught on a teaser black over yellow. 2 on purple Sp. These were caught in that 15 min window. 1 earlier on a unloaded redfin. Nice night to be out. bumped into an friend that i haven't got to fish with in 2 years.

Monty
10-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Fished the back again from 4 to 7 AM released 14 bass to 31 inches then 2 bluefish after they came through it ended. All on chartreuse shaker tail and jig head, water was nasty looking.

Nice Bass Fin. Looks like you are in The Bass Zone.

J Barbosa
10-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Nice work fellas. :thumbsup:

Finchaser...don't be surprised if I hide a gps tracker in your car when I come down for a visit. :HappyWave:

buckethead
10-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Nice going finchaser. I fished somoco this morning incoming tide. Surf has laid down a little but is still dirty. Slight NE wind. Picked up one short bass and one stargazer. Bucktail with chartreuse grub. Nice fall morning out there.

storminsteve
10-12-2014, 01:37 PM

:headbang:BAM! Finchaser you not only chase fins you are a true surf sharpie! Awesome report congrats on the catching! You said the water was dirty. What kind of bait do think they were feeding on? thanks
I fished nomoco from 10-1am last night. Figured it would be a good night out. Beach was pretty crowded where I was. I managed one striped on shad and one hickory on the teaser. Damn that water looked real fishy but I guess no one gave the memo to the fish. Didn't see much else caught at that spot, a few shorts over the whole time span.

SharkHart
10-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Found the Diner Founder the Diners. Bass put on a display all around on clouds of rainfish, and a few nuts mixed in. The only problem they were mostly laughing my offererings, only got 2. They were flying through the bait schools at super speeds and sending it airborn. Got so frustrated i just took pictures. Headlight will scare bass? How about add a flash going of every 5 seconds, they didnt care one bit. You can see a bass face coming up on last pic too.

finchaser
10-12-2014, 03:44 PM
:headbang:BAM! Finchaser you not only chase fins you are a true surf sharpie! Awesome report congrats on the catching! You said the water was dirty. What kind of bait do think they were feeding on? thanks
I fished nomoco from 10-1am last night. Figured it would be a good night out. Beach was pretty crowded where I was. I managed one striped on shad and one hickory on the teaser. Damn that water looked real fishy but I guess no one gave the memo to the fish. Didn't see much else caught at that spot, a few shorts over the whole time span.

water was dirty remember I was not out front ,there were mullet and large 2 to 4 " spearing almost looked like the winter variety

J Barbosa
10-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Great pics SharkHart. :thumbsup:

I always struggle to catch bass whenever there is that much small bait around. I had the same experience about a week ago.

hookedonbass
10-12-2014, 09:15 PM
That is an awesome set of photo's sharkhart! Nice that you were able to capture it. what camera were you using if you don't mind my asking?
Nice going on the bass catches finchaser it must be nice to have bass thumb. And thanks for all the help and wisdom.

SharkHart
10-13-2014, 09:53 AM
I dont use anything fancy, it is a mid range Kodak Point and Click camera, so I can have it in my pocket. It takes about 5 secs to snap the picture after I click it so i was was just shooting randomly to try to luck/time when the bass came up.

seamonkey
10-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Well I fished cape may over the weekend and brought the skunk home. The surf was too dirty and big to catch. I even tried my favorite inlet and nada. SH and FC great reports at least some one is catching!

buckethead
10-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Moco this morning from 6-8. dead sea where I was. Part of that was probably low tide it just started coming in. The other part of it was lack of fish.

fishrich
10-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Two of us fished OC 11:30am -6:30pm. Wind was blowing 15 - 20 south and water was off color with some weed, so we decided to fish mullet for the small bluefish and had a decent pick most of the afternoon. Ended the day with about 3 dozen of the small blues. Did not see any birds or bait the entire day.

SharkHart
10-14-2014, 10:59 PM
See the Bass Eye in the lower right corner of the bait going airborn 18936

hookedonbass
10-15-2014, 07:07 AM
I dont use anything fancy, it is a mid range Kodak Point and Click camera, so I can have it in my pocket. It takes about 5 secs to snap the picture after I click it so i was was just shooting randomly to try to luck/time when the bass came up.

See the Bass Eye in the lower right corner of the bait going airborn 18936

Thanks for the response. Awesome pics dude thanks for sharing! I fished NoMoCo last nite from 5-7. Outgoing tide. S wind was bad but it was a little better where I was. Picked up one little striper on a storm shad about 1/2 hour before low tide. A few more hits and bumps. Bite died when it got to low.

hookedonbass
10-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Two of us fished OC 11:30am -6:30pm. Wind was blowing 15 - 20 south and water was off color with some weed, so we decided to fish mullet for the small bluefish and had a decent pick most of the afternoon. Ended the day with about 3 dozen of the small blues. Did not see any birds or bait the entire day.

Nice going guys.

surferman
10-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Good job gents! I fished near brigantine after work yesterday. Nada.:skunk:

basshunter
10-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Sharkheart thank you for sharing those bait explosion photos. Stuff like that keeps me motivated to go out there. Fished the back moco this morning incoming tide. It was grey and windy from the se. Picked up 2 little bass on a tsunami shad and one bluefish which destroyed the swimbait. Only had limited time so I quit after that. The wind and weather seemed perfect for an epic bass bite but it seems the fish are few and far between for me so far this fall.

plugcrazy
10-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Went down to the beach in OC this morning at 5. Casted a popper for about 15 minutes. Dirty water. No dice. Cool pics sharkhart.

porgy75
10-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Well I finally got a fall striper. Fished nomoco last night from 9:30-12:30. I was using a storm shad with a small teaser about 18" up the line. Got one striper 21" and 4 hickory shad. These hickory shad are big! One of them was almost as big as the striper! fun night and good weather. Thanks for all the tips guys!

VSdreams
10-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Congrats dude you never forget your first --
striper of the season, that is.

bababooey
10-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Congrats dude you never forget your first --

I must be mistaken. I thought that phrase referred to stink finger, like when you were 15 and got some.;) Congrats on your first fall striper porgy. I wont be out striper fishing until november. Save some for me until then.

storminsteve
10-17-2014, 09:32 AM
One track mind. lol.:) Hey bababooey we are talking FISHING here not the 3 day old fish odor you keep eluding to!:plastered::HappyWave: I fished No Moco this morning in the dark and picked up 2 short stripers on a popper. Teased another 3 but missed. They could have been bluefish don't know because the hits were out far for me to see the fish. Fish feeding on small bait this morning and birds hovering. Anywhere from 50 to 500 yards out. Nice clean water. Felt like fall but without the cold chill. Monty you are really getting ahead of me with the dead things. The water was clean and so was the beach. Not one dead thing to be found. I think with the beach replenishment the dead thing finding is starting to suck for me. I will have to start making some extra trips to search for those creatures. I am still the King of Dead things. I have more quantity than anyone on the site. You will not beat me without an MMA intensity type battle!

It looks like hardly anyone is fishing out there. Only one other guy on the beach this morning and he caught a few too on bucktails. Bite died at sunrise.

bababooey
10-17-2014, 09:53 AM
One track mind. lol.:) Hey bababooey we are talking FISHING here not the 3 day old fish odor you keep eluding to!:plastered::HappyWave:

I think there are several kinds of "fishing" that fall under that category, dude. No? When I grew up I remember the phrase "If it smells like cologne leave it alone, if it smells like fish it is a dish!";)

jigfreak
10-17-2014, 10:03 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ Dunno bababoooey. I guess you could look at it that way. But when we fish, we usually don't get those little crabs as part of the catch. I don't know personally but have heard they can be nasty and you need a shampoo treatment to get rid of.

porgy congrats on your first fall bass. The residents have been showing up more often but nothing like they used to be. This time of year it was a lock for me to catch every night I was out. Now if I'm lucky it's 50 or 60% of the time. my report, picked up a few bass earlier in the week at night, fishing jigs and Pink fin-S in the back. There were a lot of peanuts around. Since that rain it has slacked off for me. Fished last night for the skunk.

finchaser
10-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Ditto on since the rain ^^^^ nada for us this am ton of bait though

vpass
10-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Got 6 Bass to 26 inches , and a small Bluefish on the outgoing, Thrown the bag.The bass only wanted Sp minnow did also get 2 on teasers. also need to note: that the bass did not hit on steady retrieve. you had to swing it in the current with a tight line. the bass would hit it right in the wash.

Blazin420
10-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Nice job on the catching guys!! Vpass did you get them in the dark? Headed out tn picked a Commando plug bag i found used gotta break it in...hopefully its got some mojo on it lol

fishinmission78
10-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Good going gents. Fished above the park today and got blanked. Dirty water and jumbled up surf. Maybe one or two tide changes and it will be back to normal.

vpass
10-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Nice job on the catching guys!! Vpass did you get them in the dark? Headed out tn picked a Commando plug bag i found used gotta break it in...hopefully its got some mojo on it lol

I have the commando also., awesome bag. The action started when the current started to really move this am. These are all between 22 to 26 inch fish. Haven't seen a keeper yet. Hope this helps.

hookset
10-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Way to go vpass. I fished moco from 8:30-10:30 pm. just came out onto the parking lot. I managed a runt on bucktail and pork a few minutes before I left. Dirty water big surf. Hopefully the water will be a little cleaner tomorrow.

Blazin420
10-18-2014, 07:33 AM
I have the commando also., awesome bag. The action started when the current started to really move this am. These are all between 22 to 26 inch fish. Haven't seen a keeper yet. Hope this helps.Thanks for the info Vpass..The bag is awesome fits just what i need....There is more room so i can bring more plugs hahaha:dFished last night 830pm-1230am...Nice night out..Managed 1 short about 22in on a burple teaser i tied..And dropped 1 other fish that felt decent.. did see few other fish landed and 1 that looked keeper sized...Bunker were thick for a good hr or so..All the action was just before the end of the outgoing...Once the tide slacked that was it..Not a great night but no skunk so ill take it..

cowherder
10-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Nice going blazin and vpass. I fished nomoco from 5-7 yesterday. Missed one hit on a magdarter. Nothing else for me,

ledhead36
10-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Took the graveyard shift in the back this morning. 2 hours before high tide. Got 5 short bass on clams. 3 bass fri night. My bud got the keeper and he only got 2 fish - go figure. His fish was around 33". Sea lice. I think he peed on his bait tho, he should be disqualified. We have been getting blanked all week until fri night so this is good news esp the sea lice.

Blazin420
10-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Nice job ledhead...Things arr finally getting going..Got out this am planned on goin S but changed my mind and stayed N...fished MoCo from 6am-9..1st spot wind was too much..Hard NNW 20+ so changed spots and made a few casts 3rd one im hooked up right in the wash 20incher hit a white BT..Worked the trough and the white water and managed another 6 after that with a few misses..Biggest was about 26in..Fun morning and it FINALLY felt like fall out there..Cold hands,runny nose and some stripers...Had 4 on the mag darter,1 on a teaser and 1 on a Vision sand eel..Lost the tide and the bite stopped..Water was PERFECT clean green and full of white water..Fall has arrived in my book!

buckethead
10-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Fun morning and it FINALLY felt like fall out there..Cold hands,runny nose and some stripers....Fall has arrived in my book!

:)Sounds like fall to me. nice job blazin and ledhead I should be out on the morning tides this week they look good.

vpass
10-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Fished from 5 to 8:30am got one flyrod caught bass almost keeper size at first light. dropped 2 as soon as i set the hook it was a 10 minute window didn't see no one else hook up. lot of bait: rain fish, and peanuts. hoping to get out later.

Blazin420
10-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Fished from 5 to 8:30am got one flyrod caught bass almost keeper size at first light. dropped 2 as soon as i set the hook it was a 10 minute window didn't see no one else hook up. lot of bait: rain fish, and peanuts. hoping to get out later.
Nice dude!! Im packing my fly rod tm AM!! I have been dieing to get 1 on the fly since i bought the set up over the winter...And with all the fish in close,I hope i can fool one to nail it!....Went back to the same spot last night from 7-9pm DAMNNNN was it cold!!Only a few good hits in close for me and 1 short and some misses for my buddy...

J Barbosa
10-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Nice job everyone...

Im also trying to get a big bass on the fly rod from the surf this fall. Been getting a lot of small stripers and white perch on clousers but its just not the same...

I was hoping to get out tonight or tomorrow but it looks like I won't be able to get out until Wednesday night.

vpass
10-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Got out again tonight from 5 to 9:30pm. 1 bass about 27 inches, a bunch of hickory shad and a fluke.. All caugh with fly rod. Seen a few bass caught. Seems like the bass are bigger size on the average.

finchaser
10-21-2014, 09:37 AM
5 to 7 AM today 9 bass to 28" all on chartreuse saltshaker tail and hammer head water is still grotesque

buckethead
10-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Nice going finchaser you still seem to have the hot hand. I fished moco from 6-8. Managed one bass on bucktail and chartreuse grub. That was better than yesterday when the skunk followed me home. Water in the ocean has cleaned up a bit and swell is down. The sea was pretty lifeless this morning though.

finchaser
10-21-2014, 11:46 AM
These were my first fish since 10/11/14 and I fish at least once a day we are falling on hard times again

Blazin420
10-21-2014, 01:50 PM
WTG Finchaser!...Fished 530-10am...Slow today...Only managed 2 small blues on the teaser...The amount of bait that was infront of me and just off the beach was CRAZYhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/wow.gif...Birds diving out far in close all over...Just no fish on the schools in tight to the beach...Saw some HUGE explosions wayy off the beach..I knew i wasnt gonna repeat Sunday cause today i busted out the fly rodhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif ...Switched back and forth with the spin rod...Got some good practice casting but that was it...With all that bait its gotta bust open soon.....At least i hope...Water was clean and green..I think the lack of white water and little chop played a part in the "no"catching..

buckethead
10-21-2014, 01:50 PM
You don't have to explain anything to me finchaser. I have read many times how often you fish. I know you work for every one that you catch. A lot harder than some of the 5-cast-and-leave wonders I see when I'm out on the beach in the morning. Us old farts have to stick together. Well-deserved congrats.:thumbsup:

Monty
10-21-2014, 07:09 PM
You don't have to explain anything to me finchaser. I have read many times how often you fish. I know you work for every one that you catch. A lot harder than some of the 5-cast-and-leave wonders I see when I'm out on the beach in the morning. Us old farts have to stick together. Well-deserved congrats.:thumbsup:
Finchaser fishes. And he catches a lot of fish. A real lot. Last Sunday I fished (casted) for 6 solid hours. Enjoyed the time on the water, zero action. Saw 3 other guys casting/fishing in well over 3 miles of beach. Saw well over 20 driving/stopping/looking at the water then leaving. I try to minimize my time in the vehicle and maximize the time "fishing" which is the fun part. Someone said to me "sorry to hear you didn't catch fish". ***? I had fun fishing, feel sorry for the guy who can't go fishing , not me.
Anyway, congrats on the fishing and catching Finchaser.

DarkSkies
10-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Someone said to me "sorry to hear you didn't catch fish". ***?
That might have been me who said that.....my ears were ringing a few minutes ago.....;) :HappyWave:

I had fun fishing, feel sorry for the guy who can't go fishing , not me.
Anyway, congrats on the fishing and catching Finchaser.

Yep, the OGB has been doing it so long.........
while his old fart friends are just warming up and doing their nightly stretching exercises to limber up those brittle bones and joints.:)...he's got 4 casts in already and is usually hooked up before everyone else......:fishing:
Another good point....being out there, breathing in the salt air....the solitude of the night, if you time your trip right......is priceless to me....
Think of the guy in the hospital bed, or wheelchair, or Home for Disabled Vets, or Sr Center....the guy who dreams of fishing, and would love to go....but just can't do it anymore.....

The next time you're out there, people.....let's all make just one more cast.....for those people who can't.....:thumbsup:

finchaser
10-21-2014, 07:39 PM
:don't know why:Fishing is suppose to be fun,and oh yeah catching is a bonus :kooky:

Forgot Mike had 4 this AM. We're still in the back at first light. We're trying not to breathe in too much damp night air. Same with the fish - so we meet at dawn.

fishrich
10-21-2014, 10:32 PM
Two of us plugged NOMOCO 4 to 7 pm. Found loads of rainfish but only managed to catch a few blues and one short bass. Also saw pods of bunker a couple hundred yards out with nothing on them.

J Barbosa
10-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Got two stripers last night and a few small blues and hickories.

Small bluefish and hickories on my hammered tins and spearing teaser.

1 striper on a Redfin loaded by Monty.
1 monster striper that would have bottomed the boga.
This big striper was later rescued by the red towing company out of highlands (forgot the name?).

No hits after the boat ran aground...lots of spot lights and headlights in the water called it quits.

He was running 30-40mph and went way up the beach. 2 guys onboard and both were not hurt. About 20 minutes later another guy almost beached himself as well. Both of these idiots did not have the proper night time running lights.

J Barbosa
10-22-2014, 09:46 AM
"sorry to hear you didn't catch fish". ***? I had fun fishing, feel sorry for the guy who can't go fishing , not me.

I think that was me. Fishing is fun but catching is even more fun to me :HappyWave:

SharkHart
10-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Its unreal how many boats do that, they must see the town is over there on electronics and just start turning.

surfrob
10-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Guys rely too heavily on charts which are notoriously bad for that point.... and when you are out in a boat it is more difficult to pick out land than you would think, especially for amateurs who don't run the area often in low light.

hookedonbass
10-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Its unreal how many boats do that, they must see the town is over there on electronics and just start turning.

Guys rely too heavily on charts which are notoriously bad for that point.... and when you are out in a boat it is more difficult to pick out land than you would think, especially for amateurs who don't run the area often in low light.

Wow I guess fishermen need to start carrying airhorns. If this keeps happening it is only a matter of time before someone gets hurt. Awesome reports fellas glad to see someone is catching. I went at night right before dark this week and got skunked. Back out this weekend hitting it hard!

buckethead
10-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Gave it a try in moco from 6-8. The rain finally let up towards the end and the wind was a manageable 10mph from the northeast. Water is dirty though. Tossed a bucktail with chartreuse grub. No action for me.

vpass
10-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Wow I guess fishermen need to start carrying airhorns. If this keeps happening it is only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

I had a boat at the hook come as close as 10 feet in front of me with there engine on reverse. I ended up losing about 100 feet of braid after almost getting spooled. I was so focused that I didn't see the boat coming. That was about 2 years ago.

jigfreak
10-24-2014, 12:49 AM
Thats crazy and one of the reasons why i will not fish the Hook anymore.
Fished out back OC from 10-12:30 tonight and picked up a few shorties. Rubber and 1/2 oz jig head.

buckethead
10-24-2014, 02:48 PM
moco again this morning. surf laid down and cleaned up a bit. Heavy wind from the NW. Managed 2 short bass on bucktail with chartreuse grub.

storminsteve
10-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Nice going bucket thanks for the water report. I will be hitting it tonight a little further north. Will report back in the AM

hookedonbass
10-24-2014, 06:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^Yeah what he said. it's almost November already someone please tell the bass!

cowherder
10-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Good deal BH I will be out this weekend trying for some fall stripers thanks for the updates.

cowherder
10-24-2014, 08:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^Yeah what he said. it's almost November already someone please tell the bass!

i agree there really doesn't seem to be much in the way of stripers anymore until november now. Resident bass numbers way down.

finchaser
10-24-2014, 08:41 PM
^^^^ yep snot slingers did a number on the residents in the Spring

plus many don't go back due to illegals killing anything they catch

Fished tonight from 6 to 8 caught 3 bass to 25" all on jig head and chartreuse rip tide tail

Blazin420
10-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Got out last night from 8pm-1230am...Found some decent action right away...2nd cast i get hit hard 2 more casts and im tight with my first keeper of the Fallhttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif ...A nice 29in,hit a vision surfeel.(fish safely released for good MoJo)..Couple more casts and 2 more misses and then hooked up with another decent fish that looked to be about 27in..He hit the Mag darter...Walked a bit and hooked up again with a real nice fish made a great run then the thing switched it up and ran right at me...I knew i would loose himhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif the line went slack real quick,tried to reel as fast as i could to catch up to him but once i did the hook must have loosened in his lip and he popped off in the washhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/eusa_doh.gifhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/eusa_doh.gif ...Those bigger fish are smart they no how to get unhooked...After that the action slowed and only 2 more bumps! Lost the tide and packed it in....Lots of guys out last night and saw 1 nice fish come off the beach..Real nice fall night!!

Monty
10-25-2014, 09:31 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;
Real nice report Blazin. Congrats on the catching and releasing.

storminsteve
10-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Nice going blazin! You did better than me. I went to fish moco last nite but the place was so crowded I thought I was at a strip club. Maybe they were giving away $100 bills?:don't know why: Made a slight detour S and fished from 10-1. Picked up 2 to 26" on a bucktail and pork. No bait was visible but it seems the bass are here finally. good luck everyone!

baitstealer
10-25-2014, 10:07 AM
good job guys! I fished somoco today from 6-8. The tide was coming in and it was pretty calm. No big waves. I didn't see one surfer out there it was so calm. I tryed a bucktail, a SP, a bomber and a popper. Nothing doing but it was a nice morning and sunrise.

vpass
10-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Nice going Blaze, and steve. You did better then me also. I must of been in the same spot as Storminsteve. there were to many people for that spot. I left to looking for better location. didn't plan it well. I ended up going home earlier then planned due to frustrations which i won't get into it here for now.

jigfreak
10-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Was hoping for some weakies last night. Conditions good but water was a little dirty. Only managed one runt bass instead. Rubber with small jig.

hookset
10-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Nice going Blaze, and steve. You did better then me also. I must of been in the same spot as Storminsteve. there were to many people for that spot. I left to looking for better location. didn't plan it well. I ended up going home earlier then planned due to frustrations which i won't get into it here for now.

Gee some places must be getting really crowded because I came up on a similar situation last night and said no way. I fished different places in moco from 8-10 and got the skunk. Better than being so close to someone you smell man A**. Ocean was calm and clean. No fish. Might be back once more this weekend. blazin, steve, and jigfreak congrats on the catching.

Blazin420
10-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Gee some places must be getting really crowded because I came up on a similar situation last night and said no way. I fished different places in moco from 8-10 and got the skunk. Better than being so close to someone you smell man A**. Ocean was calm and clean. No fish. Might be back once more this weekend. blazin, steve, and jigfreak congrats on the catching.

Thanks fellas!!Lol yup i got to 1 spot saw the 25 dudes crammed in and moved right along to catch fish by myself...I rather get skunk in peace then with 25 guys that are right up your azz!! Lucky it worked last night...Best part was i had at least a half a dozen of those guys walk right past me while i was hooking up...Had to hide the fact that i was hooked up haha

cowherder
10-25-2014, 04:21 PM
.I rather get skunk in peace then with 25 guys that are right up your azz!! Lucky it worked last night...Best part was i had at least a half a dozen of those guys walk right past me while i was hooking up...Had to hide the fact that i was hooked up haha

:clapping:can I get an AMEN on that? That's the sweetest kind of fishing, catching fish away from the report chasers. Fished moco till sunrise today. Got one short fat striper on a saltwater spook. Hardly anyone on the beach they must have all been somewhere else. who cares, I got my fish and didn't have to fight a crowd. nice job on the catching and releaseing fellas!

seamonkey
10-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Looks like you guys to the north are starting to get into em! Congrats and please don't forget to send some down our way!

basshunter
10-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Fished moco this sunday morning. Beautiful sunrise. Birds and bait everywhere it looked like spearing or rainfish they were diving on. Threw the bag from avas to bucktails to poppers to Sps. Skunk city for me. There were some boats pretty far out. Looks like they were all clustered together. Hope they caught cause I didn't see any guys on the beach catch anything. One guy using clams caught 2 skates.

storminsteve
10-26-2014, 04:05 PM
I fished moco too. Or should I say Lake Atlantic. Flat calm surf and no white water in sight. Fished from sunup to 9am. Zip-a-roonie!:skunk:

ledhead36
10-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Fished the back last nite some peanut bunker still aroujnd but they are slowly disappearing. We got a handful of small bass on clams and one keeper at 30". Water temps in the back are way down with the NW winds all week.

captnemo
10-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Boat report - went to the shrewsbury rocks yesterday. Bunker were fairly abundant. Managed 7 bass to 26lbs jigging 6 oz crocodiles and rubber shads. The 2 biggest were taken on live bunker. Kept 3 to 18lbs for the table. (between the 2 of us). Seems like a nice body of fish has arrived. They were all covered with sea lice.

Blazin420
10-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Nice job Ledhead and good to here nemo that some biggunbs are around now they just have to hit the beach!!

Last night 730-1230am...Spot 1 was a bit tuff with the wind blowing NNW about 20-25.. made it tuff to really work the plugs right.. lasted and hr there and moved to somewhere it was more at my back...Walked a good ways with nothing http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif ..but the spearing were thick..I put my light on to change plugs and look down to see spearing all over the beach..They were smaller spearing but everywhere...I switched to my small stuff and only managed a few hits that were small blues cause i had 2 Zooms get chompped...I even snagged a few of the spearing while retriving....Lots of bait but no fishhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nixweiss.gif ...Headed back out tonigh

basshunter
10-27-2014, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the reports guys it inspired me to go to nomonco last night. I fished from 9-12. Skunk followed me home. I heard some guys talking about big fish a few days earlier. That much have been what the crowd was about. Only one short striper caught on the beach when I was there. I did see another guy snag a short fluke too but that was about it.

hookset
10-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Nice effort gents I was working the shoreline last night too. Somoco. Saw lots of bait but no fish for me.

seamonkey
10-27-2014, 09:04 AM
Fished ocean city over the weekend. It was blustery and windy, water kind of dirty. Managed 2 small blues on cut mullet. Hoping to see some stripers soon. Maybe around the first week of november I am hoping.

captnemo
10-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Blazin yes they are finally here. Have been out 5 times in the last few weeks prior to Saturday and nothing. I do hope they come in closer to shore so you guys can get on em. Good luck.

J Barbosa
10-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Friday night caught 3 short bass on swim shads.

Saturday night my report is basically the same as Blaze's. Tried a few different spots within a span of 60 miles...

Found the bait but not the fish. Caught a couple hickory shad on teasers but thats it. Lots of guys out fishing in many different areas but didn't see one fish caught.

vpass
10-27-2014, 08:51 PM
I got 4 bass 3 at 26 to 27 inches 1 keeper at 29- 30 inches on Polaris popper. Was all alone This am on the incoming. Seen some huge blowups offshore.

surferman
10-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Nice going jbarbosa and vpass. I fished ocean city tonight on the incoming tide. Hardly any waves at all and it was calm and peaceful. There was a lotto bait some small stuff in the surf line. I was tossing a small shad with a teaser and the shad tail got bit off twice by small blues. Twice was enough to figure it out and finally switched to a bucktail and got a few of them. No stripers yet for me. Heard of a good bite to the north and can't wait to see some bass.

jigfreak
10-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Worked some back sedge areas, Ocean county. Lots of bait. Came up empty handed. Back out tomorrow before or after the rain.

buckethead
10-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Fished moco this morning from 5-7. Acres of bait with nothing on them. No hits or misses.

Blazin420
10-29-2014, 07:04 PM
Been out deep into the night past 2 days and the next wave of fish is here and moving...Pretty amazing fishing during the right time of the tide...I gotta be vague but i had 1 of my best nights ever in those 2 nights..2 nights 38 fish multiple keeper sized fish 28-34in..And about 6 that were around 20#...My biggest went 44in...My bud got a 42in...bucktails/pork and shads...Bunker were thick...Im running on about 7 hrs sleep for 2 days:scared::d but god damn was it worth it!!! :cool: Top pic is my buddys 42...Bottom is my 44in hard to tell from the pic but she was beauty...Oh BTW everyone safely revived and released!

cowherder
10-29-2014, 09:09 PM
:bigeyes:Wow wow wow bow to the cow!
Awesome fishing dude! Bet you're still flying high, congrats!

surferman
10-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Holy striped pajamas. Nice work man beautiful fish.

Monty
10-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Been out deep into the night past 2 days and the next wave of fish is here and moving...Pretty amazing fishing during the right time of the tide...I gotta be vague but i had 1 of my best nights ever in those 2 nights..2 nights 38 fish multiple keeper sized fish 28-34in..And about 6 that were around 20#...My biggest went 44in...My bud got a 42in...bucktails/pork and shads...Oh BTW everyone safely revived and released!

Great report, congrats on all the catching and releasing!!!

hookedonbass
10-29-2014, 11:16 PM
Blazin thats incredible. I see your reports a lot on here and you have got the skunk a lot of times too. Congrats on a great night of fishing you earned those fish. About how heavy was the heaviest bucktail you were using if you don't mind me asking?
I fished moco from 3-7pm today. Must have missed an epic bite there were guys walking off the beach with nice bass when I got there. Bunker were all over but it didn't seem like much fish. I picked up one monster blue about 13lbs on a pencil popper. Great fight and released. Wish I could have seen more but they were hard to catch.

J Barbosa
10-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Been out deep into the night past 2 days and the next wave of fish is here and moving...Pretty amazing fishing during the right time of the tide...I gotta be vague but i had 1 of my best nights ever in those 2 nights..2 nights 38 fish multiple keeper sized fish 28-34in..And about 6 that were around 20#...My biggest went 44in...My bud got a 42in...bucktails/pork and shads...Bunker were thick...Im running on about 7 hrs sleep for 2 days:scared::d but god damn was it worth it!!! :cool: Top pic is my buddys 42...Bottom is my 44in hard to tell from the pic but she was beauty...Oh BTW everyone safely revived and released!

Great job bud, you deserve it!!! :clapping:

Blazin420
10-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Thanks alot guys!!! I was running it thru my head all night it really was a night i wont ever forget!:d....Sometimes when ya go thru with a plan it works out just like you want it to....Dosent happen often but when it does its great!!
It was 3/4oz with #70 porkstrip...Thats kinda all i use unless conditions call for a 1oz...They were also hitting storm shads the first night but that was because these fish on Tuesday night were keyed on baby weakfish...I saw at least a doz dead in the wash and on the beach when the bunker showed the next night i didnt have a shad big enuff and the BT worked perfectly...All my buddys fish were on a 6in white shad!....Felt good to get some sleep last night too:laugh:

SharkHart
10-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Wild bite last night, I had 2 fish in mid 20 lbs plus and a fair amount of fish to 28" Good variety of sizes is a great sign. Got me feeling positive about what is to come. The new White magnum Bomber did it for me tonight.

Blazin420
10-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Nice job Shark!! Sounds like a great night!!

basshunter
10-30-2014, 05:14 PM
sharkhart and blazing awesome reports congrats on the stripers! I fished moco from 6-8am. I think the tide was incoming at the end. There was some action far out, maybe fish on bunker? The explosions were big but way too far out of casting range. Skunk for me. Will try again this weekend

hookset
10-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Fished moco at first light. One 30" bass on polaris popper, released. basshunter I saw the same stuff you did. Just too far out to reach. Frustrating, and so it goes.

storminsteve
10-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Awesome catches guys way to go! Will be out tonight fishing and trying to find some dead things to break my slump.

fishinmission78
10-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Island beach in the am. Deader than dead. Not many guys out. Looks like you guys to the north are finding some. Kudos and Good luck save some for us.

seamonkey
10-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Awesome reports fellas. Thanks for the pics too they will keep me motivated until I can get out there again.

jigfreak
10-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Looks like some better bass have finally hit our shores.Good job gents.

hookset
10-31-2014, 11:24 AM
moco this AM. 2 keepers to 13# released, Needlefish. No bait, birds showing, or any other hits. just random casting.

buckethead
10-31-2014, 02:45 PM
Nice going fellas. Sometimes it rains and sometimes it pours. I was in the right place at the right time today. Started a little later than I usually do. After sunrise and the tide started coming back in the action got better as mostly blues and big bass were among the thousands of bunker. There were bunker, butterfish on the beach, rainfish and even some squid spit up by the bluefish. Throwing only large pencil poppers I managed 8 bass to 26#. over a dozen large blues to 13#. All bass were legal size. There was not one short among them which was disturbing. All fish still swimming. As hookset said the fish activity was not always showing and some were enticed with blind casting. Good day overall among the overcast skies.

finchaser
10-31-2014, 03:02 PM
did the boat thing

yesterday I had 6 fish 29 to 45 pounds 2 on jigs and 4 live lining bunker on circle hook not snag and drop

today I had 3 bass 22 to 33 pounds live lining bunker on circle hook not snag and drop
all but one were released

buckethead
10-31-2014, 03:08 PM
Nice going finchaser and on the releases as well. I did not see any short fish today, they were all larger sized bass. How about you?

finchaser
10-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Same here no shorts either but my fish don't count as much as the great job you did bucket head mine were boat fish

plugginpete
10-31-2014, 03:38 PM
Nice!!!!!!!

cowherder
10-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Awesome reports way to find the fish guys! and even better that they were released way to go!

cowherder
10-31-2014, 03:54 PM
Same here no shorts either but my fish don't count as much as the great job you did bucket head mine were boat fish

Well the raritan bay boats don't seem to be slaying em so even though they were boat fish you must be doing something right. Congrats saw the pics in the other post they are beautiful fish!

porgy75
10-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Outstanding job guys many congrats on finding them! I am living vicariously through these reports. Thank you Sirs. In the office now and wishing I was fishing. Will try to get out this weekend. I hope the weather coming in doesn't ruin it.

surferman
10-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Great job dudes way to get on the bass! nice job on the releases too. I am counting the days till we have numbers like that in cape may. Keeping fingers crossed for a decent Fall run.

finchaser
10-31-2014, 04:58 PM
A picture from today's intel Bucket head where are you

buckethead
10-31-2014, 05:30 PM
Finchaser I was off to the side. Some of the younger guys saw us catching fish and came running down like the calvary soldiers from WWII. I am too old to play games with those folks and just moved on. I kept walking looking for large concentrations of bait while many of the others were looking for blitzes with binoculars. After moving a bit I found some more fish and kept doing that so I was on the periphery. A lot of my fish were taken by blind casting. I did just as well or better than some of the younger folks literally running up and down the beach to follow the bunker. There was other bait under the surface. Ended up fishing next to 2 young Spanish or Mexican gentlemen. What impressed me is with all the good fishing going on they only left with 3 nice fish between them. Some of the club members I saw had a few fish laying around on the beach, possibly more than their limit. I feel there is some culling going on by some fishing club members and it should be addressed by their Presidents. I try to walk away as it sickens me to see it. I am too old to fight these young Vikings. I would rather catch fish on the edge than be in the midst of the mayhem.

Congratulations on your fish as well. I am impressed with your 45lb bass and have enjoyed your reports here for years. My 26, not so much although it was a good fish to me. I remember the old days at Giglios when a 26 would rarely cause a raised eyebrow because many of the "nice" fish weighed in were much bigger. Those were the days.

finchaser
10-31-2014, 07:52 PM
^^^Great job I must know you I use to go to giglio's when Art was there.

Yes the younger generation are all about blitz and cell phone fishing . I am not into that commando fishing either. It's amazing how us old folks still show respect for the sport, people and the fish. Many of them don't realize we taught them what they know not what we know. Anyway great catching the 26 from the beach is a greater achievement to me then a 45 from a boat:thumbsup: