PDA

View Full Version : Beach Replenishment should = public access and toilets, Yes or No?

jigfreak
10-25-2014, 10:24 AM
I was fishing an area of LBI last night that hardly has any public toilets available. They did a whole bunch of replenishment along the Coast. Millions of dollars. These rich townspeople get this free corporate welfare and what do we fishermen get in return. Nothing not even a few measly public toilets. Last night I got caught short and I was in a bad way. Could really have used a simple public toilet but there are none. What do you guys think should we ask for that? And how would we go about getting some of them. It just doesn't seem fair to me. thanks

hookset
10-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Don't get me started. Its welfare for the rich. What if you lived in a flood zone near a river and you expected the gov't to come in and build berms around all the houses that got flooded for the last 100 years. It would never happen because it would cost billions. They have no problem doing it for beach house tho. As for the public toilet issue I believe LBI was supposed to allow porto johns about every 1/2 mile along the access points. I def agree it's something that should be considered and worked on. What happened to that plan?

nitestrikes
10-25-2014, 11:59 AM
You guys are lucky at least you can fight for public toilets. Come fish the NS of LI and all you will see is no parking or permit required signs. And they are enforced with heavy fines.

finchaser
10-25-2014, 07:24 PM
I believe they only have to supply them when beaches are open all beaches now are closed