PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for Nov 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

DarkSkies
10-30-2014, 09:19 PM
We're gonna try something different this month.
Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here if ya want.....
2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....:idea:
3. Location - Out front, out back, or the county...further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.
Have been working double time to resolve some issues in my life, and for the rest of the year I need to get out more and fish. :fishing:

**Any spot burning, petty disputes, or bickering...please resolve them like adults......or they will be addressed by Finchaser and Vpass showing up at your door....and taking ya's for a long ride to sleep with the fish.....:whoo: :viking::bonk:
Hope that's clear...;)
There are fish to be caught...ya can't catch em from the couch....Winter will be here before we know it.....so get out there....and fish!....:HappyWave:

** Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group! :thumbsup:
Credit to Finchaser and JB for the new format....any complaints take it up with them....:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Some folks are registering and are still confused so I'll need to post this separately.
If anyone has any suggestions to make this process more painless....your feedback is always welcome.....thanks...:HappyWave:

NJ Fishing Reports for November 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com (http://www.stripersandanglers.com/)

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.

storminsteve
11-01-2014, 08:43 AM
We're gonna try something different this month.
Short and sweet......

If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

Love this line Rich. F the lurkers they don't give anything back. New format looks ok to me. Finchaser and Vpass as S and A enforcers awesome stuff! Thanks for all you and Pebbles do.:HappyWave:
I fished nomoco into the dark and rain yesterday. don't know why I did it got pretty bad so I gave up after 2 hours. Picked up one fish on polaris popper when I got there, 30" healthy bass with sea lice, released. Nothing was showing in the water. Thanks for that tip about blind casting, guys.

madcaster
11-01-2014, 12:24 PM
1903119032couldn't take it any more had to get out ....fished ocean 9 to 11 ....no clue on the tide ....just went out ...no wind ..no signs of bait ....I was limited on where to go ....no pass if you know what I mean .....had the beach to myself ...managed this one guy on a eel needle I just made .....

Blazin420
11-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Nice job Steve and madcaster....Nice needle BTW!

I got out last night 730-1130pm..Wind wasnt bad at first but then picked up pretty good...Saw fish caught i couldnt get a bunp until about 20 mins before i was gonna leave managed 1 lil guy about 23in of SS black needle..It was a frustrating night!

jigfreak
11-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Decided to see what the fuss was about in moco. Was there from 5-9am. Surf was too rough and violent to get into a good bite with a strong sweep but there was some action. 3 oz bucktail with pork, picked up a few fish. Conditions not that great and resulted in a very slow pick. Should hopefully clean up by monday. Hope the fish don't clear out by then. Bass don't like sand in there gills.

jigfreak
11-01-2014, 02:23 PM
no clue on the tide ....just went out ...no wind ..no signs of bait ....I was limited on where to go ....no pass if you know what I mean .....had the beach to myself ...managed this one guy on a eel needle I just made .....

Way to be a leader not a follower. Nice going man.

hookedonbass
11-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Wow you guys must have gotten into it when it was blowing NE and a lot less because I just came from the beach and it has turned to the north 20 miles per hour steady. If anyone can throw a bucktail and catch a fish in that slop I salute you because you are def a better fisherman than me. I am good with a small chop but this surf has gotten big and nasty. jigfreak appreciate the tips about it cleaning up by monday I think you have a point there. Why would fish want to swim in close with sandy water when they can feed off the beach in cleaner water?

surferman
11-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Yeah I tried too in Cape May today. For about 5 minutes. Water like yoo hoo. Then I quit and went home for some brandy in hot chocolate. Brrrr. congrats for being in the right place at the right time. Now send some fish to us!

SharkHart
11-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Is the Hampster finnaly back on the wheel for this site?? I am hoping this NE pushed some fish into the back to get away from the crowds, I bet Fin knows what im talking about, thats the old pattern

Blazin420
11-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Got out this am before work 3am-7am...Walked alot..wind was still NW at first but then switched to more of a W and flattened the water out...Once the sun started to come up iu could see the water was chocolaty..Which i was kin of figuring..Started to make my way back towards the Jeep and found a bunch of pods of bunker/butter fish they were all in smaller pods but all up and down the beach threw on a SS popper and tried..I only came up 1 big explosion but he missed ithttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif ...Nothin else after that....I was glad that the bunker were still arou7nd after the storm also noticed some small bait in the wash...SO i skunked out but did catch a nice sunrise...

buckethead
11-03-2014, 03:22 PM
.Once the sun started to come up iu could see the water was chocolaty..Which i was kin of figuring..Started to make my way back towards the Jeep and found a bunch of pods of bunker/butter fish they were all in smaller pods but all up and down the beach threw on a SS popper and tried..I only came up 1 big explosion but he missed ithttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif ...Nothin else after that....I was glad that the bunker were still arou7nd after the storm also noticed some small bait in the wash...SO i skunked out but did catch a nice sunrise...

I had a similar experience this morning blazin. The bunker were there further out. It was like chocolate milk but the surf was laying down. The surf in close was filled with rain bait and some sandeels. I could not even raise a fish with a teaser and bucktail combo or working a small diamond jig. Sometimes its one of those days. That's what it was for me today. Complete skunk in the morning in moco despte many different varieties of bait around. At least we tried. Back out tomorrow. Good luck fellas.

surfrob
11-04-2014, 10:46 AM
got a reliable report of a thresher 300 yards off the beach yesterday nearby.

you KNOW there are bunker around when that happens :)

Blazin420
11-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Got out this am 6 till 10..Woke up latehttp://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif...Couldnt get in the right spot..saw fish caught....I got the skunkhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif ...water was still a bit cloudy and flat like a lake..

fishrich
11-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Two of us fished NOMOCO 1pm - 6pm and found some large bunker close to the beach in one spot and only saw one bluefish caught. Fished a different spot and saw peanut bunker with a few fish busting on them, but only saw two small bass caught. Noticed a lot of rainfish here also. Checked a few more spots and ended the day where we saw the rainfish, which were still there, but we only had one hit and saw nothing caught by a few other fishermen out there.

cowherder
11-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Well I dont feel bad about joining the skunk patrol then. Got out in nomoco 5-9pm yesterday. I saw one fish caught when I got there a small bass on a teaser about 19". I used teasers, bucktails, plugs, and poppers and did not catch a thing! Along with about 20 other guys. The smell of skunk was everywhere.

hookedonbass
11-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Fished so mo co from 8-10 last night. Add me to the skunk patrol. Threw the bag. Nada

J Barbosa
11-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Fished last night with 25 of my closest friends (I counted).

Started off with just me, Rui and about 5 other guys. Rui and I caught a short each within our first couple of casts on bucktails. Thought it was going to be a good night. Before you know it groups of 4 and 5 guys show up at a time and your fishing shoulder to shoulder making it practically non fishable.

Saw 8 bass caught in a 5 hour window including our two fish.

So 25 guys / 8 fish = .32 fish per angler / 5 hours = .064 fish per hour per angler!

Need Vpass and Finchaser to come fishing with me so when a group of 4 guys tries to stick themselves between 10ft of space we can shove them in the water.

Rant over!!!!

J Barbosa
11-05-2014, 10:06 AM
forgot to mention water has cleaned up good...was crystal clear last night

fishinmission78
11-05-2014, 02:26 PM
At least you tried JB. Had some luck this morning with a bunker pod in OC. They were in tight early and managed one 19pound bass on a SS popper. A few others were caught. back tomorrow, or maybe tonight after work.

seamonkey
11-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Congrats on the catch and thanks for the report about the sand eels. They are getting them in the DB too. Just read a capts report he got them good.

finchaser
11-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Did the boat thing yesterday 1 bass 31 pounds on a jig still alive and well

surferman
11-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Nice job jgfreak and finchaser. I saw where a large body have moved on down to Island beach. Thanks for saving some for us! Hopefully we will get some soon. Fall is almost over!

Blazin420
11-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Fished last night 730-130am...Decent night..No real wind water was calm but clean..1st spot havent been to in a while managed 2 bass 1@29in and a 24in..The 29in hammered a chicken scratch bomber..Met up with some buds about 930 and decided to make a move...Glad we did i managed another 7 all 26in to 28in..My 1 bud had 7 also and lost a realll nice fish in the wash..and the other bud had 2 bass and a big ole blue! Mag darter got them all. .Had to work it painfully slow and the fish would slam it when ya stopped it...Must have missed and drop about a doz fish...Fun fishing with some good company!

cowherder
11-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Awesome report blazin! Thanks for the tips about retrieving the md slowly too.

buckethead
11-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Moco in the morning. Managed some bass this morning that were harassing small bait. Peanut bunker, rainfish and spearing. Small bucktail with white grub and redgill teaser. Picked 6 - to 9# all still swimming. Outgoing tide and wind SE with rain maybe 10-12 mph definitely fishable.
nice fish and release finchaser.

SharkHart
11-06-2014, 10:28 AM
I bagged plan A of fishing with 30 guys :rolleyes: fished Ocean county last night and had a good night night on shorts, then the prize toward the end a 21-22lber, napped in car for hours to await sunup and it stunk

Monty
11-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Fished Moco out front from 1:00-10:30 this morning.
Started off loosing a bass on SS darter just before landing it. Then picked up 2 shorts on purple 4" Shimano Silent Assassin. largest was ~26 inches (hit right in the lip of the beach). Lost a bass on a yellow small metal lip (saw the bass come up and whack the plug) and missed a nice hit on the SS darter. Saw a lot of spearing. All my action was in the dark. Could not find a fish as soon as it got light out. Had a great time, really like fishing in that type of weather. Had beach to myself in the dark and only saw 2 others out fishing in the light.

Great reports everyone!!!!

cowherder
11-06-2014, 09:15 PM
sharkhart I bet you were psyched when you found that fat bass with all the smaller ones. Just goes to show you never know what you will find out there at night. I gave in to the temptation tonight to follow the crowd and fished no mo co. Boy was it crowded someone must have got a big fish there today. I got one striper 26" on a bucktail when I first got there at 5 and every 10 minutes after that it got more crowded. I left when the number of guys seemed like the invasion of the mongrel hordes. They just kept coming and coming in groups of 2 or 3. doesn't anyone fish by themselves any more?
After that I drove a few towns south and made a stop. There was bait in the wash so what the heck I gave it a chance. 2 short stripers to 23" on SP and teaser. One on teaser one on the SP. Couldn't stay out any longer so I called it a night. Was fun to catch a few away from the crowd even if they were small. Temperature and water was great. Fun night of fall fishing. Congrats gents your reports inspired me to get out early today.

porgy75
11-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Awesome reports fellas. Good to know there are some bass around. I fished moco from 4-6. There were a lot of rainfish or spearing in the surf. I was using an ava with green tail and could not get a hit. The guys fishing where I was didn't do so hot either. Saw one fish caught in that time.

storminsteve
11-07-2014, 03:02 AM
Great reports. Got out and fished completely in the dark. Outgoing and part of incoming. Picked up 17 little guys and one keeper at 30". Let the keeper go to keep the Fish Gods happy. Redfin and teaser setup worked for me, slow retrieve. Good times.:fishing:

Blazin420
11-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Great reports guys!! Wow steve thats a great night nice job on the C&R!

I got out last night..I knew it would be a tuff night since im dead tired from fishng the past 5 days in row and working off of about 15hrs sleep between those 5 dayshttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif ...Started at 930 fished till 1230am...I managed 2 fish 1 that was about 28in and a small 22in both hit the chicken scratch SP...Had a few other bumps..Was gonna move to spot and give it a go but on my last cast i snapped the line and away flew my BThttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif Said screw it and packed it in...Taking a break for the weekend..Gotta spend some time with the wife before i find all my stuff on the fron steps hahahahttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif

storminsteve
11-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks blazin. I felt like I hit the lottery when I found them. Fishing has been so hit and miss for me I was getting ready to send God a prayer and ask him to stock the pond lol. And then last night the pond was stocked with little guy. Mostly very small except for the one keeper but hey they fought good.

J Barbosa
11-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Great reports. Got out and fished completely in the dark. Outgoing and part of incoming. Picked up 17 little guys and one keeper at 30". Let the keeper go to keep the Fish Gods happy. Redfin and teaser setup worked for me, slow retrieve. Good times.:fishing:

Nice job Steve

Monty
11-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Great reports. Got out and fished completely in the dark. Outgoing and part of incoming. Picked up 17 little guys and one keeper at 30". Let the keeper go to keep the Fish Gods happy. Redfin and teaser setup worked for me, slow retrieve:
Great report.
Congrats on the catching. Gotta love the redfins.

jigfreak
11-07-2014, 02:46 PM
.Taking a break for the weekend..Gotta spend some time with the wife before i find all my stuff on the fron steps hahahahttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif

Youre doing the right thing. When Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy.:argue:
Fished a few beaches this morning. Fishing sucked for me. One small runt at sunup on the sp. Beaches not crowded everyone must of gone to ibsp to chase the B&N reports.

SharkHart
11-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Skunked today in ocean county guys every ten yards all go skunked too, no bunker, hear them slide down to LBI. if we dont get sand eels, big problems

basshunter
11-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Glad I am not the only one to get skunked out. I fished ocean county from 6-7:30 today.I opted not to go to Island Beach but fished some bars and fishy looking cuts above it. It looked tasty as there seemed to be a lot of bait and birds on that small bait. I tossed shads, avas and SPs and could not buy a hit. Where are the sand eels?

if we dont get sand eels, big problems

spot on I agree. Congrats on your catching the other night. Read your report, was a little jealous. You really know how to find em. congrats everyone else, Storming steve looks like you had a great night. Congrats as well.

plugcrazy
11-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Just got done. Fished moco 3-4:30. Harsh northwest was so intense I was sure it would give up some action. Cold, brisk, perfect november afternoon. I think someone forgot to tell the fish. Will try to go again this weekend. Hope to see at least one bend at the end of the rod.

plugcrazy
11-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Skunked today in ocean county guys every ten yards all go skunked too, no bunker, hear them slide down to LBI. if we dont get sand eels, big problems

Wow thanks for a truthful report. The way betty and nicks had it hyped you would have thought 30 pounders were laying everywhere. kudos to the fellas who are catching. I just have not been able to get out at the right times.

surferman
11-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Great reports guys!! Gotta spend some time with the wife before i find all my stuff on the fron steps hahahahttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif

Youre doing the right thing. When Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy.:argue:

Thats for sure lol! Don't want to get divorced over fishing. Nice effort gents. I fished brigantine this morning and the skunk smell is still following me. saw what looked like small blues on bait but they were too far out to cast too. I hate shallow beaches may fish the inlet next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1l7J9X5XA

fishinmission78
11-07-2014, 05:20 PM

Never seen this many at the park since Thanksgiving of 2011. Crazy. All for a few larger stripers. btw I got the skunk this morning. Got a nice bass 12 lbs yesterday on yellow SP.

Blazin420
11-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Never seen this many at the park since Thanksgiving of 2011. Crazy. All for a few larger stripers. btw I got the skunk this morning. Got a nice bass 12 lbs yesterday on yellow SP.
Oh god that Thanksgiving the worst i have ever seen anywhere...I remember driving on and instantly turning around..If was that bad i feel bad for the guys who put the time in there and fish all the time..You can thank the internet and facebook and all that crap for turning any place into a zoo with in 24hrs..

And yeah id figure i would keep the wife happy so i can hit the beach hard again next week haha..

seamonkey
11-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Nice work guys and thanks for posting that ugly stik commercial. Love it!

basshunter
11-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Fished nomoco from 5-8pm. Got 4 stripers to 27" and one blue. Stripers on tsunami shads and blue on popper as the sun was setting. Cold north wind colder than a witches ***!

VSdreams
11-07-2014, 10:57 PM
I was out in moco and I agree it was damn cold and windy. worked small plugs and shads from 7-9 near high tide. skunk city.

hookset
11-08-2014, 08:18 AM
moco 3-6 yesterday. 2 short bass on bucktail and teaser near dark. Fast moving gannets on bunker where I was but too far out of reach. Steve congrats on the fishing outstanding catch. Apparently I was a day late and a dollar short.

fishinmission78
11-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Fished the park this morning from 5-7a incoming tide. There was a lot less guys here since the fishing kind of died off. Skunk for me. May be out again end of day.

fishrich
11-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Three of us fished OC 3:30 - 5:30pm yesterday. Lots of small bait up and down the beach but no fish. Also checked a few spots in MOCO earlier and saw a lot of gannets diving on bait in close, but no signs of any fish.

surferman
11-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Fished cape may this morning. It was cold glad I had my thermals on. There may be a problem with the stipers but no problems with the dogfish or skate population. I caught them all, released them for another day. Bunker and clams did equally well. No stripers but every day there are more and more in the dbay. May have to go on the boat soon for my fall striper but will keep trying.

porgy75
11-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Nice going guys. surferman a dogfish or skate is at least something. I fished moco this morning from 7 to 9am and not a tap. Lots of guys on the jetties doing nothing. I fished the sand beaches and must have walked 2 miles. Poppers, SPs, and shads and not even one bluefish biteoff. Did the stripers leave the building with Elvis?

porgy75
11-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Oh surferman loved that video, most excellent!

bababooey
11-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Take alook at the surfchex manasquan surf cam. Big pow wow north of the inlet. Doesn't look like they are doing much though. Some are within 200' of shore.

SharkHart
11-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Thanks bababooey, going out tomorrow on boat thats giving me a little hope the lull could be breaking a lot of bird on the cam and boats in way close

finchaser
11-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Fished Manasquan to LBI yesterday and today in a tournament nada no one caught anything no bait no blues no bass we had 1 squid period same for boats that went north. Tuesday was the last day of any good catches, seems they schooled up and left every head boats from all 3 inlets were there and nada.

fishinmission78
11-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Tuesday was the last day of any good catches, seems they schooled up and left everyone head boats from all 3 inlets were there and nada.

Agreed. Fished the park from 5-7am incoming tide. It was the dead sea out there. Skunked out.

Monty
11-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Fished this morning from 1:00-8:30.
6 shorts from 20"-26".
Missed a few hits and lost a couple.
Most action in the dark, then a spurt of action on top at false dawn. No action after 6:15.
2 on 5" purple assassin, 1 on 10" hogy, 1 on small plastic spook and then 2 on large white spook on false dawn.
Bumped into Darkskies, always fun fishing with ya :HappyWave:
Great time, no one else out there in the dark :).

J Barbosa
11-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Fished this morning from 1:00-8:30.
6 shorts from 20"-26".
Missed a few hits and lost a couple.
Most action in the dark, then a spurt of action on top at false dawn. No action after 6:15.
2 on 5" purple assassin, 1 on 10" hogy, 1 on small plastic spook and then 2 on large white spook on false dawn.
Bumped into Darkskies, always fun fishing with ya :HappyWave:
Great time, no one else out there in the dark :).

Let me translate this for those not familiar with S&A...

Monty was out fishing last night and thought he smelled something dead so he went to investigate. It turned out to be a false alarm...it was just DarkSkies!!! The reason nobody else was on that beach is because of the horrible smell!

Monty
11-09-2014, 06:28 PM

Monty was out fishing last night and thought he smelled something dead so he went to investigate. It turned out to be a false alarm...it was just DarkSkies!!! The reason nobody else was on that beach is because of the horrible smell!

:ROFLMAO you could imagine the disappointment.

But was great having the beach to ourselves. Covered a mile of beach that was fun fishing.

:HappyWave:
Picked up a half dozen of those tails Saturday:thumbsup:.

finchaser
11-09-2014, 11:06 PM

^^^^^^^:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cowherder
11-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Fished moco from 9-1:30am. Finally got into some action. They were all small but feisty. Picked up 12 little bass on bucktail and teaser. They hit pretty hard. Missed a few more. Biggest was 27 1/4. All hit in close. Nice night under the full moon. Who says you can't catch fish under a full moon?

Monty
11-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Fished moco from 9-1:30am. Finally got into some action. They were all small but feisty. Picked up 12 little guys on bucktail and teaser. They hit pretty hard. Missed a few more. Biggest was 27 1/4. All hit in close. Nice night under the full moon. Who says you can't catch fish under a full moon?
Congrats on the catching, I like fishing the full moon, especially around this time of the year.

hookset
11-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Hit up an ocean beach in moco this morning 3-6. 7 short stripers on small rebel. 3 hit the teaser, 4 hit the plug.

vpass
11-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Nice going Cowherder, and Hookset sounds like you had a ball. I'm going fly fishing for shad. This way I might catch a bass by accident. Lol. seriously.

Does anyone know if Sandeels move in yet? I havent seen any recently.

jigfreak
11-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Seen some sandeels in moco. More spearing and rainfish than sandeels though. Stayed local and fished the back last night in occo. Skunk city. Congrats on the catches fellas.

SharkHart
11-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Been on a fishing bender with little show, boat, surf and bay. few shorts on boat with tons of dead water and bite over at 930 am Found a lone cruiser around 29" sat night then nothing last night front and back, No good right now, had me thinking about the old days just going town to town in ocean county until you found them or looked down the beach and saw birds two towns and go after them.

Blazin420
11-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Nice catching guys!!!! Had a decent bite last night ...Fished 730-1230am...Worked a good stretch of sand and picked up fish all down the beach...Ended the night with 11 up to 26in,dropped 2 and missed a few..The 1 i dropped in the wash could have been a keeper sized fish he made a nice run and popped the hook in the wash..Slowest time was slack the shut off for about and hr then right back to hitting..Most in close..And the Chicken scratch bomber did well along with my white/olive/black teaser...when the water got skinny the mambo in olive/white got the rest. ....Moon didnt seem to bother the fish to much but the hit were lighter than they have been..But once hooked these fish went nutz they were all jacked up last night!

hookset
11-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Nice going gents. Worked the moco beaches last nite again. Bite was better. 13 stripers to 15#, all still swimming. Mostly shorts, slow retrieve got the hookups. Black magnum bomber worked for me.

voyager35
11-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Very nice catches fellas. Some of you are doing better than the boats. These fish must be tight to the beach. What kind of bait are you seeing in the surf? thanks

bababooey
11-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Good number of boats off Squan now. Anyone got the intel? What's the dilly-o?
Finchaser? Finchaser? Where's that intel chain hookup dark was promoting in your name? Would be nice if there was a phone app for the finchaser hotline.;):HappyWave:

SharkHart
11-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Guys are posting on Betty and nicks its nice bass, boats, they sounded charge for the beach guys but some reported back not in range. some boaters reported lie from Ortley

finchaser
11-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Ditto to both^^^^^^^they were lies fish were in 30'

B&N lied yesterday and today he hasn't weighed a fish in a week. read the head boat reports of how bad fishing is and they have all been between Lavallette and the seaside pier for the past 2 days

finchaser
11-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Good number of boats off Squan now. Anyone got the intel? What's the dilly-o?
Finchaser? Finchaser? Where's that intel chain hookup dark was promoting in your name? Would be nice if there was a phone app for the finchaser hotline.;):HappyWave:

Was there went a little further south had 4 fish to 36#still swimming all live lining bunker on circle hooks. Got a call on way in from a charter boat friend it was going down north of the inlet had to quit due to a dinner engagement

cowherder
11-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Way to go finchaser. Must have been awesome to catch and release fish that size. Kudos!

cowherder
11-12-2014, 08:12 AM
Fished moco last nite from 8-11. Picked up 3 short stripers on the a bone SP and teaser combo. All hit the teaser. Fun night. Got a little spooky when the fog rolled in.

seamonkey
11-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Good job guys. Please send down some more to Cape May. There are some in the delaware but not many on the beaches. Fished last night got the skunk.:skunk:

hookedonbass
11-12-2014, 08:23 AM
I was in moco too. Used a black darter and with a red gill on front. They would only hit the red gill. Weird. Cowherder that fog was spooky too! And kind of cool at the same time. Nice job on the catching and releaseing fin chaser.

Blazin420
11-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Nice catching Fin and the rest of you guys..Fished from 7-1130pm last night...Not a bad night lots of hits and dropped fish*...Managed to land 4.. 24-26in..3 on the teaser and 1 on a Zoom paddle tail...Must have swung and missed about 6 times and dropped at least 4 fish after being hooked up for about 10 secs...Frustrating to say the least*..My bud had the same thing landed 1 fish and missed/dropped a bunch they just werent fully committing...Wanted to stay out for a hour or 2 of the outgoing but the fog rolled in SUPER thick*..And i was a good ways from the truck..So i made the decision to walk back with my buddy early and hitch a ride with him to my Jeep...Looks like a wind shift and weather changing coming in..See what tomorrow night brings!

finchaser
11-12-2014, 06:38 PM
thanks guys but they are boat fish and don't count yours are bigger achievements IMO. I will be back on the beach soon my life time love.

jigfreak
11-12-2014, 10:14 PM
thanks guys but they are boat fish and don't count yours are bigger achievements IMO. I will be back on the beach soon my life time love.

Damn you are quite the humble guy. Thanks for all the insight and helpful hints through the years finchaser. You seem to be one of the least chest pounding guys in the game. Wish some of the a-holes out there could learn by your example.
I took the day off today and fished moco. Didn't seem to be much happening first so I went for breakfast. Got back to a lifeless beach but started throwing big swimmers so I wouldn't be one of the looky lous standing around waiting for the stripers to fall from heaven. Caught a monster blue about 16 lbs blind casting the metal lip. Within 15 minutes of that there was some intense action. We all had fish for about an hour and a half, mostly metal lips and poppers as they pushed the bunker on the beach.
Went for a break, stopped at a tackle shop for some new leader material and such. Back out at 7 and fished till 9pm. Picked up one blue and 4 bass to barely short of keeper size on the metal lip and mag darter. Pretty good day despite the crowds.

storminsteve
11-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Damn you are quite the humble guy. Thanks for all the insight and helpful hints through the years finchaser. You seem to be one of the least chest pounding guys in the game. Wish some of the a-holes out there could learn by your example.

X2. finchaser if you do ever have a surf seminar I'm in!
Fished moco from 7:30-10. Pretty slow pick but still decent. Picked up 4 stripers on the blurple SP. Very light hitting you had to pay attention. Missed a few more. Tons of guys out there.

porgy75
11-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Well I was out in moco tonight. Not too hard to figure out where to fish. Just look for the most cars and trucks in an area lol. I fished 8till now just got done. Storminsteve I was using the SP but mine was bone colored and I caught on that too. I agree that you had to hook these suckers quickly because 2 of my fish got off I felt like such a googan! I did get 2 though and they were safely released. 24 and 26 inches and they were fun once I hooked them. I want to thank all you guys for the tips and the feedback. Reading these reports helped me a lot and gave me the confidence to fish for them at night. Even though they were not big enough to boast about they still made my night.

finchaser
11-13-2014, 12:41 PM
maybe this winter we can all get together for a beer or coffee at a mutually agreed upon place always good to put faces to screen names and make new friends

surfwalker
11-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Haven't posted in a while, but I would enjoy a time out and meet up with you people. The winter is long and this would break it up a little.

Happy Trails

J Barbosa
11-13-2014, 04:38 PM
maybe this winter we can all get together for a beer or coffee at a mutually agreed upon place always good to put faces to screen names and make new friends

:thumbsup:

hookedonbass
11-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Fished moco from 3-5:30 tonight. Conditions seemed perfect little drizzle with a little fog. I went to one beach and there was no one there and thought I would have the fish all to myself. I guess they knew something I didn't. Ungotz!

vpass
11-13-2014, 07:43 PM

I would enjoy that.

DarkSkies
11-13-2014, 11:16 PM

Oh Mr Finchaser ya grouchy basstid!
If I take a shower, use some soap, and promise not to try to start any epic battles or get arrested.....could I possibly be invited to this shindig? :drool: :HappyWave:

surfstix1963
11-14-2014, 02:50 AM
Let me know Bob God willing I'll be there.

seamonkey
11-14-2014, 04:48 AM
Getting ready to go out and find some fish in Atlantic County. Will report back when I catch.

buckethead
11-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Fished moco this morning. First 2 hours of the incoming. Not a touch.

fishinmission78
11-14-2014, 10:01 AM
OC last night. Got 3 on a greenish SS needlefish. Biggest 15lbs.

plugcrazy
11-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Mo Co 5-7. Zippo. nice going FnM!

ledhead36
11-14-2014, 10:32 AM
We have been getting some small bass in the back at night for about a week now. bunker are all over but we haven't yet got a bass on a bunker head. Go figure. Clams are getting the most of the fish. A few small runts as well on bunker chunks, and some big *** eels. Bigger bass are out in the channels. Some of the boats have been doing well. Top of the tide end of day is warmest water. Bay temperatures have dropped like a stone.

VSdreams
11-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Nice going jigfreak! I was out in moco last night and got the old skunkeroo.

fishjay
11-14-2014, 11:18 AM
fished north yesterday from 3 til 6pm. finally after 5000 casts i caught a small bass. I guess one every 5000 casts ain't bad

finchaser
11-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Fished the boat again fish were smaller all released but 1 (the small one for my neighbors dinner for her guess from Alaska who has never had bass. Mine were 21#, 23 # 26# wind was fierce and it was cold in a 26' regulalor.

vpass
11-14-2014, 08:50 PM
I got out this morning, but was not dressed right. so my session ended before it started. It was cold. I didn't see no bait, no birds working. did see a few fishermen trying.

Blazin420
11-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Hit them pretty good last night!! I had 7 bass 5 keepers 28in,28in,30in,32in and a healty 34in! Hit 5 in the first hr or so all on the Burple BT i tied earlier in the day with a black grub on it...Then nothing till about 12am changed positions then my bud Dave starts to nail them on a white Darter...Lost my darter recentlyhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/burn.gif so i throw on the northbar bottle darter and WHAM picked up the 32in and 2 more about 26-27in then of course a blue sliced me off at the braidhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/burn.gif http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/burn.gif SO i lost the Northbar...I was PISSED...Fun night with some good action..Dave had 11 and about 5 or 6 keepers all in the 28-32in range.We both missed and dropped multiple fish..Best part no one was around guess they were afraid of little coldhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif Pics of of the 2 best for the night!

Monty
11-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Hit them pretty good last night!! .Best part no one was around guess they were afraid of little coldhttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif

Awesome report, :thumbsup:
Congrats on the effort and catching.

Blazin420
11-15-2014, 08:06 AM
Thanks Monty....And BTW all safely released to fight again!

vpass
11-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Nice going Blazin, you and Dave must of been the only guys out last night. I'm sure those fish made your blood warm. I have off from work and can't last more then 30 min. fishing. I got to find decent gloves.

Blazin420
11-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Thanks Vpass.. Yeah is was nice having the beach to our selves!! I love the cold keeps the report chasers away!! And like you said we were nice and toasty from bailin fish!

SharkHart
11-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Had to try one of my favorite patterns hard NW that drops out after dark, drove like 50 miles and realized I have no waders and no korkers AHHHHH went to message my friends about it oooppps left the phone too rushing out the door! Well what the hell this googan is going to try anyway. POW! 19071 i was high and dry on some rocks casting up the Jetty and into fish right away but i was quickly mugged by some less then english speakers and another guy who switced from left to 5 yards to my right. I asked him if he could angle up the rocks cause that is where i am getting bites and he said he need to cast straight to work a sweep. I got 4 missed a bunch of hits before that was a cluster, worked some bay spots and picked up 3 more. it was chilly on those rocks though.

I even googaned up my photos tonight, she was released though

cowherder
11-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Nice going shark and blazin! Kudos for finding the fish. I fished nomoco last nite from 9-11:30. That was all I could take it was damn cold! Looks like I should have stayed a little more time. All I caught was the skunk.

hookedonbass
11-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Fished Monco this morning 6-8. Outgoing tide and as mentioned it was pretty cold. Would have made it better to just get one schoolie striper but it was not to be. Used metal bucktails plugs and rubber eels. Nada.

good work fellas. Nice job on the releases as well blazin sounds like you had a fantastic night. Way to persevere.

DarkSkies
11-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Well what the hell this googan is going to try anyway. POW! 19071 it was chilly on those rocks though.

I even googaned up my photos tonight, she was released though

We can give you an honorary goog of the month trophy if ya want......:HappyWave:
I think Monty has the goog of the year locked up for the next decade....
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8090-I-win-the-googan-of-the-year-award/page6&highlight=googan+of+the+year

No worries....it happens to the best of us.....Nice work.....ya did better than me....
Every place I hit was full of bait but devoid of fish.....:don't know why:
The best I can say, is I had the beaches all to myself until 5am....

I'm impressed that you managed to hang out there in that cold with just those clothes and no waders....
How many layers did ya have on?

DarkSkies
11-15-2014, 11:29 PM
Was there went a little further south had 4 fish to 36#still swimming all live lining bunker on circle hooks. Got a call on way in from a charter boat friend it was going down north of the inlet had to quit due to a dinner engagement

Yes, he can be humble and full of **** and vinegar at the same time....:laugh:
So humble that I happened to be close by when he left to go fishing this morning, and gave him a special salute as he and his friend Chris drove by in their boat......
:moon::moon:
(It was pretty cold exposing my backside flesh to honor the Old Grouch) :d :HappyWave:

SharkHart
11-16-2014, 12:17 PM
I am never cold when I am catching fish thats the key!

Anyone see this photos from today floating around facebook, truly amazing 19074

storminsteve
11-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Yes, he can be humble and full of **** and vinegar at the same time....:laugh:
So humble that I happened to be close by when he left to go fishing this morning, and gave him a special salute as he and his friend Chris drove by in their boat......
:moon::moon:
(It was pretty cold exposing my backside flesh to honor the Old Grouch) :d :HappyWave:

Post a pic or it didn't happen!:ROFLMAO
Must of been 30 degrees outside yesterday. You're a crazy man.:HappyWave:
Fished nomoco last night 11-1, perfect water and incoming tide. Skunk followed me home. Water has def gotten colder. Didn't see any fish caught. Threw the bag.

jigfreak
11-16-2014, 01:10 PM
I am never cold when I am catching fish thats the key!

Anyone see this photos from today floating around facebook, truly amazing 19074

Yeah I agree. Catching brings your adrenaline level up. Cold dont matter if you are into some nice fish. Saw that fb pic as well. Ocean county has turned into a zoo with not much to show for it.

jigfreak
11-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Nice going on the fish blazin and sharkhart. I fished OC last night. Was like someone poured bleach in the water. Completely struck out.

baitstealer
11-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Now I don't feel so bad. Just finished tossing lures in moco for 2 hours. A few guys out but no one catching. Perfect perfect day! Overcast skies and a little rain sprinkles. No signs of life. Used bucktails, avas, poppers, vision eels and the sp. No love.

finchaser
11-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Fished yesterday went 4 for 11 to 23#all on live lined bunker all still swimming
Fished to day went 1 fo1 to 10#

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19074&d=1416158237&thumb=1 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19074&d=1416158237)

The picture above ^^^^ of the head boats on the beach were in the Lavallette area in the afternoon as a giant schools of bunker were in the surf and out about a 1/2 mile finning leisurely on a Sunday there were no bass or blues around today so the fairs and weekend warriors in the small boat occupied the time snagging and dropping on nothing this all started this morning in Bay head where bunker schools were over 5 miles long and a quarter mile wide

The mad dog bite we had Thursday ,Friday and Saturday is over we hardly marked a few

The Gambler had 80 fairs and picked the pool out of a hat as no bass or blues were caught

finchaser
11-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Post a pic or it didn't happen!:ROFLMAO
Must of been 30 degrees outside yesterday. You're a crazy man.:HappyWave:
Fished nomoco last night 11-1, perfect water and incoming tide. Skunk followed me home. Water has def gotten colder. Didn't see any fish caught. Threw the bag.

It did he stood on a bench hung his extremely white looking A_S facing the boats leaving the inlet the :scared:

fishinmission78
11-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Maybe he was trying to replace the old salty statue that was damaged by Sandy. Otherwise it must have been a scary site. How white was the ***? From his posts sometimes I thought of dark as a black guy.:HappyWave:

Fishing report -Fished OC from 4-6a. One short bass on a bone SP. Slim pickens out there this morning. The surf and winds aren't that bad yet. Definitely fishable if there were fish around lol.

cowherder
11-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Haha rofl!
Thanks for the conditions report fishingmission. I am stuck here in work and fantasizing that with this rainy weather it's going off somewhere! Your posts help to bring me back to reality and not feel like I am losing out on fish.

SharkHart
11-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Out with a few friends, we all had some fish on the incomming out front around the rocks. They were doing the short quick hits, so i only got 2 and lost 5 and a decent amount of other hits before it started to rain too hard. Dark SP minnows.

finchaser
11-17-2014, 07:31 PM
whiter than a wedding gown

hookedonbass
11-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Nice going sharkhart. I took off yesterday. Looked up and down occo and moco for some life. No bass but was finally able to find some big blues 8-10lbs. All on pencil poppers in the rain.

This also happened- Does anyone know a guy named Matt who takes pics of his catches and immediately posts it to facebook in real time. The guy is a total doosh to do that. I posted it in the facebook thread.

jigfreak
11-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Fished moco from 5-7am outgoing tide. Man was it cold and windy. The winds really messed up the surf and there is a whole line of chocolate covered water. Zippo for me. Good job shark and hooked.

yardvillejimmy
11-19-2014, 07:22 AM

:HappyWave: finchaser: Sounds good to me. The OFFC is in. Let us know when.

hookset
11-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Had only a small amount of time to fish this morning. Got one short dragging an ava 007 in the Moco surf. It's pretty clean and nice out. Cold as hell. Dress warm gents.

VSdreams
11-20-2014, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the cold, hookset. Just got done. 3:30 to 5:30 am in moco. Too cold - can't wait for the temperatures to go up a bit 2 hours was all I could handle. Picked up one short on a white storm shad.

Blazin420
11-20-2014, 07:38 AM
Since the wind settled down i figured id brave the cold and give it a shot last night..Fished 8pm till 12am..Water looked good and the wind was minimal..But so were the fish managed 1 short about 22in to save me from a cold skunking..He hit a sluggo..Had a 1 other hit on the next cast but that was all..Stayed till i couldnt feel my finger tips...I will say that last little blow changed alot at some of the spots ive been fishing!

finchaser
11-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Finally made it out front first time this year 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm had 6 short bass and 1 fat 29"bass all still swimming all on Mucho minnow my friend jerry had 9 on Mambo minnow they wouldn't touch the SP or anything else but slammed small minnows. water was 47 screaming current running south to north for some unknown reason.

One other note there was skim ice on the beaver dam creek this morning for the first time

fishinmission78
11-21-2014, 07:40 AM
they wouldn't touch the SP or anything else but slammed small minnows. water was 47 screaming current running south to north for some unknown reason.

One other note there was skim ice on the beaver dam creek this morning for the first time

Yep its getting cold out. Fished OC from 4-6am and picked up 4 short bass. Tried the black SP as well. The only thing that worked for me was a redfin. Fish were in tight and hit hard. By 6 it was over. I took a reading this morning of 46 degrees finchaser. Good to see some out there taking their own temerature readings. This could be the last push of fish before thanksgiving and the death rats with them. Damn was it cold out. No one else fishing the beach I was on.

hookedonbass
11-21-2014, 08:05 AM
Congrats fellas! moco from 7-8. Might have got out a tad too late. The water has cleaned up and the wind knocked the swell down. Clean beautiful water and early sun. Peaceful. Little too peaceful. Did not see any birds working. Skunk for me.

cowherder
11-21-2014, 08:12 AM
Nice going gents. finchaser I read where you said you haven't fished the beaches yet this year. Glad to see you caught fish on your first time out. Thanks for the advice on the mucho minnows. Guess they would work with all the small bait around.

finchaser
11-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Was forced to the beach back waters have dropped ^^^ sure would work at 4 1/2 inches and 7/8 ounce they cast great plus they swim in real skinny water. They are a knock off of the old mega bait JB 110

porgy75
11-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Way to go finchaser. Thanks for sharing about the mucho minnows as well. If I could ask what color has been the best producer for you?
I fished moco this morning from 4:30-6:30. Was tossing a chicken scratch bomber and got one short striper at 25". He hit right in tight to the beach and close to sunrise. Ocean is like a lake and its cold out but wasnt that windy so it was bearable.

finchaser
11-22-2014, 08:13 AM
the yellow one and the all black

Blazin420
11-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Nice job Fin never seen those Mucho minnows..Gonna have to find some and pick a few up! Got out last night fished from 4 till 10pm..Not a tap just some frozen fingers! Beaches were we fished were desserted.. Figures im off till Wednesday..And can sleep in so why would the fish cooperate haha...Me and my buddy are gonna trek S today down to OC..Havent been down that way in a while so it will be nice to fish some of my old haunts...And i hope we can raise a few!

finchaser
11-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Blazin Reel Seat in Brielle stocks them all, yep I did the same time and place and we all struck out last night what were we thinking to get 2 good days in a row only. Only saw 1 micro bass caught this morning, looks like the start of the death rats

storminsteve
11-22-2014, 11:14 PM
we all struck out last night what were we thinking to get 2 good days in a row only. Only saw 1 micro bass caught this morning, looks like the start of the death rats

Yes hoping to catch stripers 2 nights in a row has become like chasing a unicorn. It's a shame. Thanks for the pics finchaser will have to check the muchos out. I fished moco from 6-8:30 tonight top of the tide and what I thought were perfect conditions. The ocean was a little too flat though, none of montys white water. Skunk city for me, threw the bag. Hope some of you fellas did better than me.

SharkHart
11-22-2014, 11:33 PM

Had some significant ice this am in the lagoon, delayed our trip out on boat. There is more birds and bait then bass really, had to really work at it to get 9 fish, most on the troll too. They just aren't thick. Guys are claiming sand eels but i don't know. Saw reports guys saying bass spitting them up but i dont think I ever saw a bass spit up a sand eel like a blue might

fishinmission78
11-23-2014, 08:59 AM
^^^^^OC this morning, 2 hours before sunrise. 2 small dinks right at first light, magdarter.
Nice fish SH sounds like you went out and worked for em the old fashioned way. In that case boat fish do count - congrats. Stomach contents?

seamonkey
11-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Hey at least you got some. good job guys. I spent the last 2 mornings fishing the brigantine area. There was no love for me on the beach except for plenty of dogfish and skates liking my clams. I brought another pole with me and threw bombers, sps, avas, bucktails, and rubber shads and eels. No striper love for me. To rub salt in the wound there has been a big fleet of boats far out. Apparently they are crushing them offshore. Well you could not tell it from the beach results it has been terrible for me. I feel like I have leprosy or something can't even catch one measly striper!

finchaser
11-23-2014, 02:02 PM
II fished late yesterday afternoon released 3 shorts on the new bomber long shot, casts and swims great. I'll put up pictures of this new plug later

The death rats are coming to your local beach soon. I've been at least 10 times in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a sand eel yet only B&N sees them

Monty
11-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Fished this morning from 1:00-9:30, balmy night.
Picked up 3 shorts on the trip, missed a few bumps and hits.
One around 2:30 on a metal lip swimmer, one on a Howdy false dawn and another on the small silent assassin around 8:30.
Did not loose any fish this trip (put the barbs back on the plugs :thumbsup: , that experiment is over).
Fun time working a mile plus of beach, not a lot of big waves, but one hit me when I wasn't looking and knocked me on my @ss...wave came out of no where.

http://rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2014_11_23_SR.jpg

finchaser
11-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Monty no disrespect but most of my friends always fish crushed barbs on plugs including me and never have a problem provided you keep a tight line and avoid high stick pumping. Then again we don't fish teaser unless the sand eels are around. Allot of so called missed fish are teaser hits that don't connect especially fished off a dropper more than 6" to 8" long, plus teasers are notorious for attracting shad. Just some food for thought as crushed treble barbs keep the stress factor down on release time

Monty
11-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Monty no disrespect but most of my friends always fish crushed barbs on plugs including me and never have a problem provided you keep a tight line and avoid high stick pumping. Then again we don't fish teaser unless the sand eels are around. Allot of so called missed fish are teaser hits that don't connect especially fished off a dropper more than 6" to 8" long, plus teasers are notorious for attracting shad. Just some food for thought as crushed treble barbs keep the stress factor down on release time
:HappyWave:
I have not been fishing a teaser the last two months, its not the hits I am missing I am worried about, its the head shakes or initial runs the the hooks just pull out. Solid bend in rod no slack and fish is gone. I can't explain it, have tried the barbless 2x now over 5 years with same results. Going primarily with barbs and depending on the situation will crush them. Had a crazy trip last week where I could not land a fish, hooks pulling out everywhere, I went nuts:kooky:.

hookset
11-24-2014, 01:18 AM
Just got done was the only one out there in the rain. Fished a blurple sp and picked up 6 bass. 2 were keeper size the others were rats. The biggest one was 33". All released. Caught east of the parkway.

jigfreak
11-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Nice going hook. Way to get out there before the front moved in.

Blazin420
11-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Very nice Hookset!

Late reports..Me and my bud hit OC from saturday afternoon till Sunday morn with a nap and a few beers in between...We fished Sat from 5-11pm with both of us only picking up 1 short each mine was about 27in and hit a Vision sandeel..My bud was about 24 and hit a CS bomber nothing else and i saw a lot of guys with very little results...So we hit up a spot for a couple brews and hit the bed Sunday fished 7am till about 11am water looked good and moved to a few spots with out a hit:don't know why:...Nothing....We were both a bit disappointed on the crappy results..It figure tho ive been off from work since Friday,i took 5 days off to fish hard and since Friday i have only managed 3 little fish:burn:...Thats about my luck..Off from work and the fish disappear haha...I got 2 day left and now we got this crappy S wind....Oh well my complaining is over LOL...I hope the water is fairly clean cause im headed out about sunset to hopefully put a few on the beach...Dont have high hopes but i got the time so i gotta go!! Sorry so long

Oh and BTW Finchaser:I found 1 of those Mucho Minnows got the last 1 at the shop i was at not my fav color but i got it out of curiosity..I REALLLYYY like the way the cast and swin..Great in the skinny stuff like you said...Ill putting some use top that lure for sure thanks for the heads up on them:thumbsup:

surfrob
11-24-2014, 02:51 PM
the big body of fish have booked it, hanging about a mile offshore, now south of GE inlet.

just sayin'

cowherder
11-25-2014, 09:00 AM
blazing that was a lot of hours at least you caught but it sounds like the dead sea out there. surfrob thanks for the heads up they must be there because weren't where I was this AM lol. Fished moco and skunk a roonie for me. The water seems to have calmed down a bit from when I saw it on the cams yesterday. Still dirty though. White water out there and no fish. Bad fall for me too.

fishinmission78
11-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Fished the park 4-7 today incoming tide. One short striper on bucktail and grub.

captnemo
11-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Boat report, trolled bunker spoons Sunday from Manasquan to Shrewsbury rocks, 1 30 inch bass. Lots of bait readings, we marked sandeels 2 miles out. Very few fish readings.

SharkHart
11-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Got me three around 25 to 27", a lot of guys out didn't see much catching and i covered some ground , this could be it unless those shorties come into the surf line like last first week of dec

fishinmission78
11-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Nice going shark hart. I picked up a lone thanksgiving bass this morning. OC. water was dirty and surf was pretty big. Fishing the cut I went with a 3 oz bucktail and chartreuse grub. One 24" bass from that dirty water. It might be better for tomorrow as there was some bait and birds way out beyond the last breaking wave. Happy thanksgiving fellas.

hookedonbass
11-27-2014, 02:20 PM
I was in moco and saw that dirty water too. Good luck on you fishingmission! I too tried for a thanksgiving bass and got nada. Threw an ava 27 with red tail. 3 hours before and up to high slack tide.
!

seamonkey
11-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Yeah congrats even one bass is an achievement. I fished cmp from 5-7a. Water dirty but I figured clams would be the ticket to a nice turkey day keeper. Managed one 18 incher for my efforts. Read a report that said the bulk of the bass are in the chesapeake bay now. Still hoping for a straggler or two. Good luck to all.

ledhead36
11-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Fished close to home this morning. One buddy saw bunker in the bay this week but they seem to have cleared out. Water frigid and deader than dead. No fish.

storminsteve
11-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Nice effort gents. I gave moco a try for an hour earlier on the incoming tide. shads, avas, bucks. No fish for me either.

buckethead
11-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Fished MoCo this morning. Low water wasn't that great. It and the surf cleaned up a bit and is fishable. not a touch.

finchaser
11-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Fished a deep water location in OC this morning and managed 2 shorts on the new Long Shot bomber . See my new plug post.

buckethead
11-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Fished Moco this morning. Got out a little later to try to fish later in the incoming tide. Nice water and cold crisp conditions. No action at all. Nice effort on the catching finchaser. It's encouraging to hear of some bass. Personally I feel it's over but will keep at it because the walks are good for my health. Good luck to everyone.

surferman
11-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Add me to the skunk patrol. Fished CM this morning. great morning to be out there. Beautiful sunrise but the skunk followed me home.

wish4fish
11-30-2014, 09:34 AM
waiting for the herring to come in

finchaser
11-30-2014, 02:45 PM
I think she is about to sing

Monty
11-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Fished this morning from 1:00-8:30. Beautiful night. Only managed 2 short bass, one around 2:00 on a small wood metal lip and the other around 4:00 an that 4 1/2" Silent Assassin. Could see bass chasing bait in a bunch of areas so that really kept me busy. Had a few bumps and misses, lots of fun. First sign of light and zero action rest of the time. That's it for me for 2014, fun year.
Last sunrise from me until next year

http://rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2014_11_30_SR.jpg

finchaser
11-30-2014, 08:39 PM
The results for the Gobbler, the biggest club tournament of the year. Min size 30". Prizes for the best three fish (so you know guys were fishing hard) Ran from Wednesday evening until noon today. In the range of 450 anglers, Shark River Surf Anglers, Asbury Fishing Club, Berkeley, and Spring Lake Liveliners, with Bradley Beach, and Monmouth Cartoppers.
Five fish allowed for each club. No person can have more then one.
AND NO FISH WERE WEIGHED IN
That's both fall tournaments - NO Fish ! None !

Absolutely unprecedented in at least the last 25 years, and probably since the moratorium years.

WE fished our as_es off thank god the bass aren't in trouble

storminsteve
12-01-2014, 09:05 AM
AND NO FISH WERE WEIGHED IN
That's both fall tournaments - NO Fish ! None !

Absolutely unprecedented in at least the last 25 years, and probably since the moratorium years.

WE fished our as_es off thank god the bass aren't in trouble

Yessir thank God the stripers aren't in trouble. Lol!:rolleyes:
Thanks for the report and intel. Will still keep at it for the small schoolies for the rest of the season. I need my time away from the wife.