PDA

View Full Version : Getting your "Surf Fishing Fix"

Monty
11-03-2014, 03:39 PM
What does it for you?
Do you "need" or really want to fish?
Just getting out there? catching?

For me its at least a 6 hour walk along some beach trying to catch a fish (Bass or Blue).
No crowds. The more structure the better. Just for some period of time to be able to focus on just trying to catch a fish, that does it for me whether I catch or not. I normally get out 1x per week, so for me that trip gets me my "fix".

surfstix1963
11-04-2014, 05:10 AM
Fishing is a disease which has no cure.

surfrob
11-04-2014, 02:16 PM
..., that does it for me whether I catch or not...

I will say, that only lasts "so long" before I'm in the "I'VE GOT TO CATCH A FISH" mode :)

storminsteve
11-07-2014, 02:59 AM
Fishing is a disease which has no cure.

Right on, and I don't want to find the cure if there is one!

plugcrazy
11-07-2014, 04:33 PM
What does it for you?
Do you "need" or really want to fish?
Just getting out there? catching?

For me its at least a 6 hour walk along some beach trying to catch a fish (Bass or Blue).
No crowds.

Dude 6 hours that is some dedication right there. My "fix" is time away from the wife and kids. Dont have as much time as I would like to do it so I go when I can. But the time out there is valuable. A re-charge, if you will.

hookset
11-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Just for some period of time to be able to focus on just trying to catch a fish, that does it for me whether I catch or not. .

I agree. Something to get away from all the drama of everyday life. Just get out there and fish and enjoy. Leave all the rest behind. Catching is a plus but secondary. That salt air feels good in your lungs.