PDA

View Full Version : Coast Guard to Crack down on Poachers

finchaser
11-11-2014, 05:48 PM
http://www.app.com/story/sports/outdoors/fishing/hook-line-and-sinker/2014/11/11/coast-guard-will-step-striped-bass-poaching-patrols/18849445/

cowherder
11-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Its about time thanks for posting.

seamonkey
11-12-2014, 08:16 AM
I don't mean to cause trouble but I don't think most of the guys who do illegal stuff are afraid of them. You have to have stepped up patrols and likelihood of getting caught to be effective. I hope this does happen and agree. Thank you sir.

finchaser
11-12-2014, 06:44 PM
I don't mean to cause trouble but I don't think most of the guys who do illegal stuff are afraid of them. You have to have stepped up patrols and likelihood of getting caught to be effective. I hope this does happen and agree. Thank you sir.

Helicopters are flying back and forth on the 3 mile line and said to be taking video and meeting boats at the dock.

madcaster
11-12-2014, 07:40 PM
in calif. party boats can not clean bass on the boat .....when they dock the warden is there to inspect every fish ....scanned for micro chips and measured .....not sure if about private boats ....but every Marina there's a warden that seem to be right there ....the limit now is 14"....

storminsteve
11-12-2014, 10:33 PM
....but every Marina there's a warden that seem to be right there ....the limit now is 14"....

That might be a little too much for NJ but I sure do wish there were more wardens. I think if guys actually had a fear of a certainty of getting busted maybe more would obey the law.

porgy75
11-12-2014, 11:23 PM
I read on another site where the guys were complaining about being checked by the Coast Guard. I want to say if you are one of those folks you are probably a meat man who wants to fill your boat up with as many illegal stripers as possible and just are angry that now you may be caught. The Coast Guard protects our waters and helps us all out when someones boat is in trouble or sinking. They put their lives at risk to save and help all citizens. If you have a problem being checked by them you are probably a dirtbag type. Thanks to the Coasties for everything! And I hope they do bust a few poachers in the EEZ!