PDA

View Full Version : Stripers and Anglers Surf Fishing Mentor Program.......

DarkSkies
11-13-2014, 11:20 PM
I started this program somewhere else last year....because there was nothing quite like it on any of the internet fishing forums........

Mentoring others is nothing new....folks have been doing it for centuries......
How it comes to be important here....is as it relates to Saltwater fishing....and Surf fishing in particular.....

Over the last 5 years....I came close to death several times....and I'm still here.....
When I die, the info and knowledge I've gained through hard work, and the generosity of others....dies with me....

I wanted to do something to change that....to give back some of what was given to me.....

DarkSkies
11-13-2014, 11:28 PM
So I started that surf fishing mentor program......
Be advised it's not for everyone....it's kind of a tough love program......

Recently the bite has been so specific and limited, that you have to key in on specific feeding windows....Some of the best fishermen I know are just not finding fish regularly.......

If the best of the best are having difficulty....I imagined some of the newer guys out there must be very frustrated....

I remember those frustrations all too clearly...
As I made the transition from fishing bait, to fishing artificials.....I failed miserably....over and over....because much of it I learned on my own...with a few helpful hints along the way.......

In recognition of that....that's the kind of program I want to put out here....
1. No handouts....
2. No sharing intel of fishing spots....
But a helpful push.....into the thinking process.....that can get you fish more consistently over the course of your fishing career......

DarkSkies
11-13-2014, 11:29 PM
I will explain the parameters as I get more time.....
If anyone else is interested in helping others through this program.....feel free to sound off in this thread.........

For the type of teaching I want to do.....
I'll pick one person a year...possibly two....
Who is failing miserably......like I was......
And try to teach you the basic foundations....so in the future you will rely on yourself to find some fish.....and thus reap the rewards and satisfaction that one feels after a hard job is completed........

Good luck to all....
Details to follow......:HappyWave: :fishing:

seamonkey
11-14-2014, 04:49 AM
Very nice of you to do this dark skies!

buckethead
11-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Noble idea, passing on to the next generation. DS thanks for all you do.

ledhead36
11-14-2014, 10:30 AM
^^^^^ x2, Although he's a hard-head, a little crazy, and he may yell at you a little - if you are a newbie you should take Dark up on the offer. His style is not for everyone as he doesn't know when to quit but you will learn a lot if he takes you on. Both bait and lures. Good karma to you Rich.:HappyWave:

jigfreak
11-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Do the lessons come with tips and tricks on how to live in your car for days on end and sleep in porto johns? Give em the real deal DS. :laugh: You gotta let them know catching fish bigger than schoolies means you have to suffer through cold, rain, and the worst conditions for that magic hour when its on for no reason. Tonight I froze my *** off for 2 decent fish. Make em work for it, no excuses.