PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slam fishing, new definitions?

cowherder
12-05-2014, 10:44 AM
I remember reading somewhere on here about grand slam and royal grand slam in the summer.
Too lazy to search but it seemed like if you caught a blue, bass, and weakfish that was a NJ grand slam.
I think if you got a fluke the same day, it was one step up. does anyone remember what that was called?
Anyway, with the fishing petering out to what it is, thought some of us could come up with new terms for multi-species catching.
seamonkey got 3 dogfish, two skates and one striper and I called it a full house.

What are some of the names you guys have heard and should we come up with new ones?

buckethead
12-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I may be wrong but believe grand slams started in Florida where the guides tried to drum up some interest in catching multi-species in one day.
The NJ grand slam is four species all taken on the same trip- Bluefish, weakfish, striped bass, and summer flounder. The way the fishing is going you have your best shot at those mostly in May and June. October used to be a great month for that as well but I haven't heard of one from the surf in a while.

hookset
12-06-2014, 10:36 AM
New grand slam for 2015 -
dogfish
skate
sea robin
(possibly) one short striper

jigfreak
12-06-2014, 10:43 AM
lol add a sundial to that and it's an EPIC grand slam.

7deadlyplugs
12-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Haha that's crazy but it just might become true. Add a bluefish and stargazer and its a super epic grand slam!

basshunter
12-06-2014, 11:01 AM
That garbage fish tourney might become the biggest one of the year. This is sad and hilarious at the same time. Look what surf fishing has come to that we are talking about all the nuisance species.