PDA

View Full Version : New spinning reels from the designer of Van Staal and Z-Bass

finchaser
01-24-2015, 03:23 PM
looks like Rob is at it again

http://www.rk-sports.com/subaqua-spinning-1.html

nitestrikes
01-24-2015, 10:29 PM
"Just about one year ago, many of you responded to a survey initiated by me to get valuable input for the new reel series that I was in the process of designing.The survey was very successful, and I read and reviewed every one!

Unfortunatly the 3-TAND partnership separated and the new spinning reel was further delayed. Now however they are finally ready and will ship within the next two months under my new RK-Sports company as the "SUBAQUA" brand.

We had promised that there would be a discount to those whom responded to the survey, and this has not changed! We are extending a 15% discount off the retail price only to the survey responders. They can contact Alysa at alysa@rk-sports.com to order their reel, shipping cost is included. Expect delivery by March/April. A personal signature card listing the serial number with your name will be included.

This direct sale is only a one time event, and only one reel can be sold directly. We will only sell to dealers in the future. They will soon be listed on this website. Service centers will be setup also at selective dealers. This coming spring I will be available and plan to visit many shows to join up with some of our new dealers.
Thanks to all those that send in the survey! It was very helpfull for the final input, and I hope the new reels meet your expectations. "

^^^From the press release section. I am impressed by his resilience. Looks like the partnership blew up, he moved on, dusted himself off, and hit the ground running again. This is a guy who knows what customer service is. What a nice opportunity to get a reel at 15% off before the dealers get them. Brilliant. Kudos to him for his attention to detail and customer service. Wishing him much success. thanks for sharing that finchaser. Kind of makes me wish I filled the survey out.

dogfish
01-25-2015, 08:40 AM
VERY nice looking reels. Thank you for sharing

storminsteve
01-25-2015, 09:56 AM
Sweet!

jigfreak
01-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Good job Rob. Anyone know if they will be showing samples at any of the fishing shows this winter?

fishinmission78
01-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Wishing him much success. thanks for sharing that finchaser. Kind of makes me wish I filled the survey out.

yeah me too looks like an awesome reel. Thanks for sharing

cowherder
01-25-2015, 05:19 PM
Its hard to look at the pics without drooling!

Monty
01-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Looks real nice, cost wise real nice verse the ZB and VS.
I would hold off for a while until there is some feedback on it, at least some track record.
Spending that amount of $$ expecting it to be dunkable, sand worthy without a track record is a bit risky for me.
That said, are they supposed to be of ruggedness of a ZB or VS?
I like their light weight.

surfrob
01-26-2015, 11:17 AM
might actually go for one of these... though it makes sense to get some feedback first.

porgy75
01-29-2015, 12:12 PM
They are some awesome looking reels. Like the others said hope they live up to the expectations. The guy does seem to know something about design as he has designed some successful lines in the past. I can't help but look at the pics and want one. I guess that's what it is with us fishermen we want the next new thing. If its shiny and looks functional we want it ever more.

surfstix1963
01-30-2015, 05:25 AM
Nice reel Monty has got it right hold off let someone else spend the money and see what happens.Personally for me no more fishing stuff I'm selling off what I don't want and off to bigger and better toys.