PDA

View Full Version : what have you lost, and found again?

Rip-Plugger
02-14-2015, 11:04 PM
the first week of june 2014 I took out several new builds to test/fish with.
a few weeks later I discovered one I loved went missing.
I employed my wonderful wife to do her searchings[she can find anything]after she saw me empty every lure box out on our huge table.
said plug was not there,I searched my car and all the boxes in it,nothing.
well,just now my wife came in the room and looking for her sweatshirt and found she left it at work went into the closet waay in the back.
when she slung it over her shoulder,she gasped and said "can you get this off me".
I look and it's the very plug that went missing.
how it got on her backup sweatshirt is a mystery and it was near the far end of the rack and on the side nearest the wall.
she finds it after I made 4 more with 2 painted the same as it is.
has anyone ever had such a strange find like me?
post your stories here,would like to read some crazy stories.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19181&stc=1

plug in question is the bottom one.

surfstix1963
02-15-2015, 03:01 AM
It was meant to be found evidently,now you have spares.

cowherder
02-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Awesome story! I prob can't match that but one time I was looking for a favorite sandeel type metal that caught a lot of fish for me that year we had a lot of them come in. I searched all my tackle and it was nowhere. I assumed I dropped it forever in the sand on the long walk and it would never be found.
About 14months later getting ready for spring I had to vaccuum out my car as I was selling it to purchase another one. I vacuumed real well and found my old reliable metal lure in the bottom of the seat crease. A small victory but it still felt good to find it!

lostatsea
02-15-2015, 12:31 PM
rippplugger I was wondering did that plug mess up your wife's sweatshirt when the hooks dug in or were you able to get the hooks out without too much damage. cool that you found it thanks for sharing.

bababooey
02-15-2015, 12:54 PM
I thought I lost my wife at the mall once. Then I found her. Bummer.:laugh:

Monty
02-15-2015, 02:11 PM
I can certainly top Rip Plugger's story (with another Rip Plugger story).
I think it was 2009 I was fishing at Sandy Hook, near the Bug Light. I Lost a Rip-Plugger plug while catching Blue Fish.
I think it was 5 months later (not sure of the time frame) Madcaster contacted me and said he thought he found one of my plugs as it looked like a Rip Plugger plug and I was one of the few who fished them. He returned it to me, it was definitely that plug I lost. He found it miles from where I was fishing. And what are the odds that Madcaster, Rip Plugger and me are all members here?

Rip-Plugger
02-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Awesome story! I prob can't match that but one time I was looking for a favorite sandeel type metal that caught a lot of fish for me that year we had a lot of them come in. I searched all my tackle and it was nowhere. I assumed I dropped it forever in the sand on the long walk and it would never be found.
About 14months later getting ready for spring I had to vaccuum out my car as I was selling it to purchase another one. I vacuumed real well and found my old reliable metal lure in the bottom of the seat crease. A small victory but it still felt good to find it!
the way you felt when you found it was the same way I felt when my plug was found.
funny thing is when my wife pulled the sweatshirt out she just pulled it and nothing else caught on it.

Rip-Plugger
02-15-2015, 11:06 PM
rippplugger I was wondering did that plug mess up your wife's sweatshirt when the hooks dug in or were you able to get the hooks out without too much damage. cool that you found it thanks for sharing.
not a bit,in fact only the tail hook was stuck through,,,crazy huh?

Rip-Plugger
02-15-2015, 11:10 PM
I can certainly top Rip Plugger's story (with another Rip Plugger story).
I think it was 2009 I was fishing at Sandy Hook, near the Bug Light. I Lost a Rip-Plugger plug while catching Blue Fish.
I think it was 5 months later (not sure of the time frame) Madcaster contacted me and said he thought he found one of my plugs as it looked like a Rip Plugger plug and I was one of the few who fished them. He returned it to me, it was definitely that plug I lost. He found it miles from where I was fishing. And what are the odds that Madcaster, Rip Plugger and me are all members here?
wow,you got it back!,,holy crap man,you never told me you got it back or did you?,,,don't remember.
you are talking about the green/white fat mullet?
that is a crazy thing with all 3 of us being members here.
glad you got it back.

Rip-Plugger
02-15-2015, 11:19 PM
one early am session first light came and the gators began to rampage on atlantic threadfin herring.
they showed up almost right in front of me.
I put on one of my new builds and threw it out there.
swimming it on top,it gets several swipes and then I am hooked up solidly.
I lean back on it and it takes a bit of line then it comes on top and thrashes.
then it digs down,it wraps around something and cuts me off.
this happened at 7:08 am.
later that day around the same tide during the pm I get an email with a picture,the subject line says "look what I found".
it was from JimmyZ,he was more than kind/big enough to return it to me a few days later,we fished a few hours,didn't do anything but,it was cool to fish with him,a real angler,a real good guy.

Monty
02-16-2015, 01:28 PM
wow,you got it back!,,holy crap man,you never told me you got it back or did you?,,,don't remember.
you are talking about the green/white fat mullet?
glad you got it back.
Different plug, the one I got back was a yellow Rip Runner I think.

This is the one I lost and did not get back.
I still think I caught more Bass on this plug than any other wood plug to this day.

http://rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HH_Fat_Mullet.jpg

jigfreak
02-17-2015, 07:29 AM
glad you got it back.

Monty you're lucky. Sounds like a million to one chance of that happening. Do you all fish the same area or was the plug found way far away from where you lost it?

lostatsea
02-17-2015, 07:49 AM
^^^^^The way I read it it seems like they were far apart. Very slim odds I'll say. Nice to hear there are such good people in this world. Once found a surf bag on the beach and brought it to the nearest tackle shop. I checked back in 2 weeks later and found out the owner was a customer of that shop and did get his bag back. Karma like that is great!

Monty
02-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Monty you're lucky. Sounds like a million to one chance of that happening. Do you all fish the same area or was the plug found way far away from where you lost it?

^^^^^The way I read it it seems like they were far apart. Very slim odds I'll say. Nice to hear there are such good people in this world. Once found a surf bag on the beach and brought it to the nearest tackle shop. I checked back in 2 weeks later and found out the owner was a customer of that shop and did get his bag back. Karma like that is great!

Madcaster found the plug at least a couple miles away and the odds like you say are crazy slim. Its always great when someone returns something that was lost. Very much appreciated, and amazed how it happened.

Rip-Plugger
02-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Different plug, the one I got back was a yellow Rip Runner I think.

This is the one I lost and did not get back.
I still think I caught more Bass on this plug than any other wood plug to this day.

http://rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HH_Fat_Mullet.jpg
wish you got his one back,maybe the fish died with it attached to it,it may be buried at sea or some goof that knows nothing about a plug found it and it is banging around inside his tackle box.
hope not.
glad you got your rip-runner back.

DarkSkies
02-20-2015, 09:15 AM
later that day around the same tide during the pm I get an email with a picture,the subject line says "look what I found".

it was from JimmyZ,he was more than kind/big enough to return it to me a few days later,we fished a few hours,didn't do anything but,it was cool to fish with him,a real angler,a real good guy.

JummyZ is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in the fishing world. Always helpful, offering advice, and trying to make the world a better place. He also has that unwavering belief in God that I sometimes lack, and it's helped him get through some of the toughest times in life. Glad that you got a chance to fish with him Roddy............he is one of the ones who stands out...in this thing we do........:HappyWave:

Rip-Plugger
07-12-2015, 05:20 AM
JummyZ is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in the fishing world. Always helpful, offering advice, and trying to make the world a better place. He also has that unwavering belief in God that I sometimes lack, and it's helped him get through some of the toughest times in life. Glad that you got a chance to fish with him Roddy............he is one of the ones who stands out...in this thing we do........:HappyWave:

I have fished with him a couple of times since and we had fun.
very gracious guy indeed.

R-P