finchaser
02-20-2015, 06:58 PM
http://www.app.com/story/sports/outdoors/fishing/hook-line-and-sin

surfstix1963
02-21-2015, 04:25 AM
Everything is being over fished now.

buckethead
02-21-2015, 08:37 AM
That link did not work for me. Here is a good link I found.
http://www.app.com/story/sports/outdoors/fishing/hook-line-and-sinker/2015/02/20/blackfish-overfished-reports-commission/23733593/
"The New York and New Jersey stock of blackfish was found to below the proposed spawning stock biomass of 2,600 metric tons by 21 percent.The two other stocks were also found to be below their proposed spawning stock biomass, according to the ASMFC.
The Board will consider management implications has now tasked a technical committee to assist. They are expected to report during the spring meeting in May."

There will be more pressure on striped bass with all the other restrictions.

voyager35
09-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Just heard about this asmfc meeting on sep 22 in toms river. 11 people showed up. What a poor turnout. I did not know about it. Otherwise I might have attended. I read a comment from someone else on the internet-

Well, I have to say, what a **** poor turn out that was. Kind of embarrassing to only have 11 people from the entire state to show up for an asmfc meeting. There will be another meeting coming up so any of you Internet jockeys that want to complain when we get cut way back, you may want to make time to get to the next meeting.

surferman
09-24-2015, 02:18 PM
:huh:11 people showed up? A clear way to tell the fisheries folks that we are doormats and they can do whatever they want with no protest from us. I'm surprised they had it up there. Usually they are in galloway.

finchaser
09-24-2015, 04:58 PM
like when I go to bass meetings all the internet loud mouths/ internet complainers sit back and let us do it. Then when it doesn't go there way they complain again.

Truthfully sea bass, blackfish and a few others can't be changed until we have a new president and change the Stevenson act. Numb nuts likes it the way it is. he wants no recreational fishing