PDA

View Full Version : Hey Paul, Tom and the JCAA, Shove the bonus tag up your @ss

Monty
02-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Paul Haertel and Tom Fote and the JCAA.You are selfish, ignorant and are screwing the recreational fishermen. Also how the heck is Fote still representing this state when he is either clueless or corrupt? Anyone care to explain that?

JCAA President's Report http://www.jcaa.org/JCNL1503/1503Pres.htm
by Paul Haertel
(from Jersey Coast Anglers Association March 2015 Newsletter)

I would like to thank Don Marantz and Tom Siciliano for their many years of service to JCAA. Don stepped down as 2nd VP and Tom stepped down as Recording Secretary. Fortunately both will continue to serve in other capacities. I would also like to welcome Ken Warchal as our new 2nd VP and Mary MeElroy as our new Recording Secretary. Thanks for volunteering!

The striped bass legislation is progressing as anticipated and we will have a 2 fish bag limit with one fish from 28 inches to less than 43 inches and a second fish 43 inches or greater. Tom Fote, Rob Winkel, Edward Markowski and I attended the hearing on the Striped Bass Bill at the Assembly Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee on February 12. I spoke in support of the bill for JCAA Rob for NJSFSC and Ed for NJOA. Tom spoke as the ASMFC Commissioner and surprised me by also discussing summer flounder and other ASMFC issues with the Committee.

The bonus program will continue. Two options are currently being considered, 1 fish at 28? or larger or 1 fish from 24-28?. Recently, there has been a lot of misinformation regarding New Jersey?s bonus bass program on the internet. I do not recall the exact date but it was about 30 years ago that striped bass were declared a no-sale or gamefish in New Jersey. At that time NJ decided to use its commercial quota for the benefit of its recreational fishermen. This is done because NJ wanted to conserve the bass and was fearful that if we gave up our quota it would be reallocated to other states. The program initially was a trophy tag program but evolved into a bonus bass program where fishermen who have a bonus card are allowed to keep one extra bass over 28?. Over the years NJ never came close to filling its allotted quota. In recent years and as far as I know probably for many years, NJ?s quota was 321,750 lbs. With the new addendum there was a mandated cut of 25% which results in the quota now being 241,313 lbs. In 2013 NJ harvested only 6,096 lbs. of stripers from its quota of 321,750 lbs. That is a big savings compared to what would have happened if we allowed commercial fishermen to net them. Due to stricter overall regulations, tags will be more in demand than in the past but I don?t think we will harvest anywhere near that quota. Options to tighten up the monitoring of the program are being considered.

cowherder
02-28-2015, 05:55 PM
JCAA President's Report http://www.jcaa.org/JCNL1503/1503Pres.htm
by Paul Haertel
(from Jersey Coast Anglers Association March 2015 Newsletter)

The bonus program will continue. Two options are currently being considered, 1 fish at 28? or larger or 1 fish from 24-28?. Recently, there has been a lot of misinformation regarding New Jersey?s bonus bass program on the internet. I do not recall the exact date but it was about 30 years ago that striped bass were declared a no-sale or gamefish in New Jersey. At that time NJ decided to use its commercial quota for the benefit of its recreational fishermen. This is done because NJ wanted to conserve the bass and was fearful that if we gave up our quota it would be reallocated to other states. The program initially was a trophy tag program but evolved into a bonus bass program where fishermen who have a bonus card are allowed to keep one extra bass over 28?. Over the years NJ never came close to filling its allotted quota. In recent years and as far as I know probably for many years, NJ?s quota was 321,750 lbs.

With the new addendum there was a mandated cut of 25% which results in the quota now being 241,313 lbs. In 2013 NJ harvested only 6,096 lbs. of stripers from its quota of 321,750 lbs. That is a big savings compared to what would have happened if we allowed commercial fishermen to net them. Due to stricter overall regulations, tags will be more in demand than in the past but I don?t think we will harvest anywhere near that quota. Options to tighten up the monitoring of the program are being considered.

Wow it's right there is black and white. There will be a "savings" in the bonus program?
This guy paul hartel must be a genius at Chinese math!:2flip:

Most of the guys I know fish the surf. But I do know about 10 that have their own boats or fish the party charter or private boats regularly. Out of those 10 I only know 2 personally that use the bonus tags the way they are supposed to. That is to say they catch their bonus fish report it and then go for the new bonus, or something like that is the way they explained it to me. Whenever I ask anyone else I know about do they participate in the bonus program they say yeah sure you just get it once a year and you're good to go.

So the bonus tag program is a joke!
Don't take my word for it ask the guys you know how many of them have had their bonus tags checked in the last year. I bet you will be suprise at what the answer is. This guy hartel is a joke too. How could he be so blind that he doesn't know about the abuses in the program????????????

jigfreak
02-28-2015, 06:04 PM
New Slogan for the JCAA - We fight for your Meat

J - ackwads
C- rapping on
A- nglers
A- lways

seamonkey
02-28-2015, 08:26 PM
haha good one lol!!

finchaser
03-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Total bullsh_t from the JCAA the bonus fish or any quota on striped bass can not be relocated to another state that is what Tom Fote wants. He wants to change the law and the 6096 pounds is what they state all the charter and head boats in NJ reports as bonus POUNDS used out of the 321,750 pounds allotted since we have no commercial fishery. The bonus tag is a get out of jail card only sent in if a person is caught with 3 fish. We have brought this to their attention numerous times and they ignore it and misled the public. The JCAA are against the bonus option of 1 fish at 24 to 28 and the bag limit of 1 fish at 28" that the RFA fought for to eliminate 3 large fish being killed. Plus Tom, Paul and Don are all boat fisherman

fishgutz
03-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Call me crazy but it would be much easier if these folks were elected rather than appointed. When you have an appointee they tend not to be that responsive to the population they serve. Political appointees are beholden to the buddy system and patronage after the fact. At least that was the way I remember it when I lived in Jersey. Maybe things are different now.