Thread: delaware and delaware river shad reports

Hybrid View

Default delaware and delaware river shad reports

didn't see a thread here so I thought I would start one. The shad are in the river. Probably some river herring too. I didn't catch any yet only a few small white perch today. If you catch some or hear of them post up so we know, thanks!

Yeah they are def there but there is a lot of ice too. reports of miles and miles of ice dams upriver and temperatures downriver being in the low 40s at best. Thanks for the positivity. If I hear anything I will report as well.

I am glad you posted this. Shad is on my list of things to do with the fly rod this year (it was last year too but I missed it) I have my gear in the truck just need to find some spot to hit and get out there.

Will shad take a very small fly? I have heard of them using shad darts but they are like small metal spoons. Much larger than the flys that I see the fly fishermen use.

I always miss it.

It's on my bucket list, but I may kick the bucket before I realistically get to try it (no less succeed).'

Yes they take small flies, from those who successfully have fished for them

http://www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com/fil...awareRiver.pdf

They are here, Saw a guy catch one at the end of the day on sunday with a sabiki rig where I was fishing for stripers.