Thread: Any new upgrades on your YAK for 2015?

Default Any new upgrades on your YAK for 2015?

I added (will add) a sail, wheelez beach cart and rubber flooring to my Jackson big rig. The sail should be here in a week and the rubber matting should be here in about the same- once I get them installed I will post some pics. Hopefully I remember before and after. Oh yeah I also broke down and got a yak attack visicarbon light and flag. Not that I needed it but now I can at least look like one of the cool kids even though I am not.

What have you done to your kayaks for this year?

I dont have a yak but my buddy has one. He said he wanted to fish some of the rivers and bridges more this year. Something about losing access. He showed me a real cool drift sock the other day he will use to slow the drift down. Next time he has his kayak out ill try to take a pic of it so you can see what I was talking about.

In my case a portable ER

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Leadhead- Yup I know what you mean. I have a drift sock for my Yak too. I haven't used it yet but I have it. I used to be concerned about using anything like a anchor or drift sock but my buddy Mike uses both all the time with great success, so I now anchor up without reservation. I do have a quick release incase something goes wrong.

Ok, here is my kayak with the sail on it. Of course I did not do any before pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my sail.jpg  

@Finchaser, I know what you mean!

Looks very cool, nice job.

Nice you can really get some distance on a windy day

got the floor mats in-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150409_163306.jpg   20150409_171729.jpg