Thread: Plug ID?/info

Default Plug ID?/info

I picked up a few plastic swimmers and could use some help IDing them/info on them.

Pic 1 (Red Fin)?

Pic 2 Not sure, also is the darker color fro inside rust? I got 2 of them and they look the same.

Pic 3 ?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

1st and 3rd are Rebels the 2nd is a Mega bait 130 or Spro minnow they were similar

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Hi Monty,

the first is indeed a rebel sinking minnow.
    the seconds is a tsunami long stick about 1 oz.
    the third is also a rebel sinking minnow,you can tell by the front eyelet,the sinking has it more near the bottom,the floater is dead center.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx INC 1436.jpg   H-H PlugWerx INC 1437.jpg  

Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

I hope this is not a stupid question. Why do they call them sinking minnows? Do they have bbs or shot inside of them to make them dive deeper or is it the shape of the lip? Thanks. nice plugs.

They sink slowly and eventually suspend usually about a foot per second

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    I hope this is not a stupid question. Why do they call them sinking minnows? Do they have bbs or shot inside of them to make them dive deeper or is it the shape of the lip? Thanks. nice plugs.
    they have a bit of lead cast into the plastic,I was told this but,I don't know for sure.
    they also cast better than the floating minnow.

Thanks for the answers gents. that's good to know I'll try using them this summer.

they also have a different action,kinda like a bomber with a side to side darting action as I remember.
    if you look over the glory daze thread you will see some of mine that have been retired,they are now mostly bone white.

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    I caught a lot of bass on them[green mackerel color] in the sinking version.
    they casted farther and swam different from the floating minnow.
    I was hammering bass before anyone even knew there were bass around my parts.
    back then there were no bass around just gorilla bluefish and all of a sudden one night whilst catching blues I got into a good fight with a fish that felt odd,didn't jump,just stayed deep and throbbed.
    when I got it to shore I knew what it was.
    I caught them for 2 years before anyone knew about it.
    this was back in 1982-83.
    then someone saw me with a nice 20lb bass walking to my car and the cat was out of the bag.