Thread: 2015 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Fished Long Island Sound 1:00 - 9:00 this morning.
    Ka-Skunked big time.
    Saw no bait, water felt very cold.
    Had weeds on the ebb and water was murky on the flood.
    Great night out, excellent casting practice, lots of exercise walking.
    O for 2 trips for 2015 so far. I should be in decent shape physically if I ever catch a fish again.
    May head out front next trip, miss the white water......my bath tub has more wave action than the sound.
    Decent sunrise.

Never leave fish (NJ) to find fish

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Ouch! Them's fighting words! In before the thread gets locked! I'll sell the popcorn.

So true - just one question monty. I mean those sunrise pics are beautiful and all that but where are the fish on long island? We have gigaNDA BLUES here in NJ right now. Dude you really should check them out they are a lot of fun. My arms are still sore from last night. Getting ready to go out there again tonight. My .02 only

^^^^^ we we do have fish just a lot of small runts right now. The water is still cold. Another 2 weeks and it should be game on.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

Just looking for new water to fish, some people call it scouting...I am fishing...just not catching

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Ouch! Them's fighting words! In before the thread gets locked! I'll sell the popcorn.

So true - just one question monty. I mean those sunrise pics are beautiful and all that but where are the fish on long island? We have gigaNDA BLUES here in NJ right now. Dude you really should check them out they are a lot of fun. My arms are still sore from last night. Getting ready to go out there again tonight. My .02 only
    I am pretty confident I'll get into some Gators sometime this year. Had them multiple times on LI last year.
    Glad you guys are having a great time with them.
    Enjoying my time out there finding new locations and getting lots and lots of exercise. Will start catching soon.......I think

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    ^^^^^ we we do have fish just a lot of small runts right now. The water is still cold. Another 2 weeks and it should be game on.
    Looking forward to another fun year on The Island
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Inlets and back bays should have some fish in certain areas now.I'm not fishing right now so I'm going on memory which isn't so great anymore.One bridge out in the easterly direction should have blues on the incoming early a.m. popping plugs will do the job white or silver in color usually, pink if the squid are in the bay.The area can be crowded though but everyone can work in sync together for the most part.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.