Thread: 2015 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    Nice report. I like the polaris popper. I see in your reports you use the SS bottle a lot. Do you think either of them is a better fish catcher? thanks
    Been using them to get down further in the water calm. I still like that popper a lot too.
    Fished out on the Island 4 trips last two weeks (latest trip yesterday), mid island, sound, out front. Just blues. Few around 30 inches and some cocktails.
    Bigger ones have been in the dark on Bucktail with pig and the SS bottle.
    Friend got a bass lust short of 28 inches last Sunday on a teaser in the sound. Then we each had a few robins too. Having a verty tough time finding stripes.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The striper bite has been better at night.Mornings have been slow so I'm told by my informants.I'm packed up for the move soon so I'm not out there.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Fished way out there this morning (2:00-8:00) and could only manage one short on a top water waverly first sign of light.
    Couple bumps.
    Nice night out there, lots of weeds in close the whole trip, covered a couple miles.

Fantastic sunrise pic monty.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Fantastic sunrise pic monty.
    Thanks,
    Took the long ride again and fished from 2:00 to 8:00 this morning.
    Some lightening, otherwise nice night to fish, but again just one short bass on a teaser.
    Nice conditions with the overcast morning. Some muck spread out in the water.

Fished the wss for sunrise on fathers day. Picked up 2 cocktail blues on a tin. monty that stuff on the beach looks like mung. How far out east were you?

Yes I agree the stuff at the bottom of the pic looks like mung. Very slow on the ss for this time of year. Been picking up a few fish here and there in the back bays. About 90% blues.

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    Fished the wss for sunrise on fathers day. Picked up 2 cocktail blues on a tin. monty that stuff on the beach looks like mung. How far out east were you?
    At the end, just left of the light, wasn't atrocious, have had it a lot worse there.