Thread: 2015 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Nice action Monty.
    I have a blue superstrike bottle plug that I have owned for like 10 years now and never caught a fish on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Nice work Monty....glad to hear you guys got into some fish....
    Was fun, wasn't like every cast was a Blue, had to work a bit for them (which makes it better). Tried different plugs and metal, my friend had a Choopy pink darter, it seemed that was easily the hottest plug.
    I have been using the SS bottle more (since late last year especially), its been catching a few fish since I started using it (obviously it was useless when I left it home).

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    No disrespect but that doesn't look like a SS bottle plug

That's a rip-plugger plug, pic from previous weekend.
    Hope all is well, you doing any fishing?
    Hope you aren't on the Darskies one way trip to Uranus Hiatus.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Was fun, wasn't like every cast was a Blue, had to work a bit for them (which makes it better). Tried different plugs and metal, my friend had a Choopy pink darter, it seemed that was easily the hottest plug.
    I have been using the SS bottle more (since late last year especially), its been catching a few fish since I started using it (obviously it was useless when I left it home).

That's a rip-plugger plug, pic from previous weekend.
    Hope all is well, you doing any fishing?
    Hope you aren't on the Darskies one way trip to Uranus hiatus.
    A little here and there I fished in our club tournament and caught a 16# bass in the rain the Thursday night

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^ And I think he might have caught that bass while we were fishing together.

Fished backside of a ss inlet this morning. Waves out front were too gnarly with the east wind. Picked up a handful of cocktail blues. Pig and jig combo.

Fished jbay Some wind but fishable. Got into some good blues up to 10pounds. Polaris popper. Also one short striper. Was the 1st fish caught. Then I think the stripers got out of there because the bluefish were bigger and hungry lol. Fished from 6-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Nice report. I like the polaris popper. I see in your reports you use the SS bottle a lot. Do you think either of them is a better fish catcher? thanks

wss in the dark. 3 runt bass to 26" on bucktail and chartreuse grub. A few blues too. These bass and blues were not that big but pretty round. Feeding well.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    Nice report. I like the polaris popper. I see in your reports you use the SS bottle a lot. Do you think either of them is a better fish catcher? thanks
    Been using them to get down further in the water calm. I still like that popper a lot too.
    Fished out on the Island 4 trips last two weeks (latest trip yesterday), mid island, sound, out front. Just blues. Few around 30 inches and some cocktails.
    Bigger ones have been in the dark on Bucktail with pig and the SS bottle.
    Friend got a bass lust short of 28 inches last Sunday on a teaser in the sound. Then we each had a few robins too. Having a verty tough time finding stripes.

The striper bite has been better at night.Mornings have been slow so I'm told by my informants.I'm packed up for the move soon so I'm not out there.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Fished way out there this morning (2:00-8:00) and could only manage one short on a top water waverly first sign of light.
    Couple bumps.
    Nice night out there, lots of weeds in close the whole trip, covered a couple miles.

Fantastic sunrise pic monty.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Fantastic sunrise pic monty.
    Thanks,
    Took the long ride again and fished from 2:00 to 8:00 this morning.
    Some lightening, otherwise nice night to fish, but again just one short bass on a teaser.
    Nice conditions with the overcast morning. Some muck spread out in the water.