Thread: 2015 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Hybrid View

Worked a few primo patches on the wss last night. Fished for 4 hours, one runt on bucktail and pork. Prob change it up next time to the bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikezone31 View Post
    I hope so, gents. A buddy told me they are stacked up in the GSB as well.

Yep should have added that to my game plan last night. thanks

Fished SS this morning from 1:30-10:00.
    Very nice out. Picked up a short around 25 inches at 2:40 on a blurple SP Minnow, then lost one that felt a bit bigger right after. Was crawling it. Then 3:30 another short bass on a SS black/gold darter. And that was it. Dead after that.
    Fun trip.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

After not fishing last weekend for only the second time since April, I decided to hit up Montauk one last time for this year and fished this morning 2:00 to 8:00 It was a solid skunking. Beautiful water, nice night, but no action.
    Was my first time back out there in a few months and being "out of the grove", I got knocked on my @ss 4 times.
    Solitude, only life a saw besides a few birds was a couple seals. Good to be out there for one more time this year, its a very incredible place.

A few picks from this trip

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

All my friends gave up on Montauk already. it's nice to see someone out there still trying. if you didn't catch a fish at least you worked hard trying.
    Great seal and lighthouse photos too.

I was hoping to hear of some bass still coming from up north too. Oh well. Nice pics. Thanks for the intel

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    I was hoping to hear of some bass still coming from up north too. Oh well. Nice pics. Thanks for the intel
    North has been dead for almost 2 weeks Long Islands bigger fish are off Island beach and LBI the came across the mudhole over the past 3 days

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Looks pretty isolated up there. At least you tried. Thanks for sharing. The lighthouse pic looks cool.