Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Fished jbay Some wind but fishable. Got into some good blues up to 10pounds. Polaris popper. Also one short striper. Was the 1st fish caught. Then I think the stripers got out of there because the bluefish were bigger and hungry lol. Fished from 6-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Was fun, wasn't like every cast was a Blue, had to work a bit for them (which makes it better). Tried different plugs and metal, my friend had a Choopy pink darter, it seemed that was easily the hottest plug.
    I have been using the SS bottle more (since late last year especially), its been catching a few fish since I started using it (obviously it was useless when I left it home).
    Nice report. I like the polaris popper. I see in your reports you use the SS bottle a lot. Do you think either of them is a better fish catcher? thanks

wss in the dark. 3 runt bass to 26" on bucktail and chartreuse grub. A few blues too. These bass and blues were not that big but pretty round. Feeding well.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    Nice report. I like the polaris popper. I see in your reports you use the SS bottle a lot. Do you think either of them is a better fish catcher? thanks
    Been using them to get down further in the water calm. I still like that popper a lot too.
    Fished out on the Island 4 trips last two weeks (latest trip yesterday), mid island, sound, out front. Just blues. Few around 30 inches and some cocktails.
    Bigger ones have been in the dark on Bucktail with pig and the SS bottle.
    Friend got a bass lust short of 28 inches last Sunday on a teaser in the sound. Then we each had a few robins too. Having a verty tough time finding stripes.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The striper bite has been better at night.Mornings have been slow so I'm told by my informants.I'm packed up for the move soon so I'm not out there.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Fished way out there this morning (2:00-8:00) and could only manage one short on a top water waverly first sign of light.
    Couple bumps.
    Nice night out there, lots of weeds in close the whole trip, covered a couple miles.

Fantastic sunrise pic monty.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Fantastic sunrise pic monty.
    Thanks,
    Took the long ride again and fished from 2:00 to 8:00 this morning.
    Some lightening, otherwise nice night to fish, but again just one short bass on a teaser.
    Nice conditions with the overcast morning. Some muck spread out in the water.

Fished the wss for sunrise on fathers day. Picked up 2 cocktail blues on a tin. monty that stuff on the beach looks like mung. How far out east were you?

Yes I agree the stuff at the bottom of the pic looks like mung. Very slow on the ss for this time of year. Been picking up a few fish here and there in the back bays. About 90% blues.

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    Fished the wss for sunrise on fathers day. Picked up 2 cocktail blues on a tin. monty that stuff on the beach looks like mung. How far out east were you?
    At the end, just left of the light, wasn't atrocious, have had it a lot worse there.

Fished SS from 5-7 a today. Conditions were fantastic, overcast and good water not too many weeds. One blue on pencil popper. Saved me from the skunk. Was hoping for some striped pajamas. Next time maybe.

Fished 1:00 to 8:00 this morning, SS short drive. Nothing going this trip. Lots of eel grass and other stuff in the water. Fished bay side first, saw a decent swirl and stayed there to long. Then ocean side and just could not fish like I intended too. My plan was lousy for the conditions this trip, fish and learn. Was a bit of a zoo out there. Blurry Pic with the lights is 2:30 AM, base of jetty and with "music" playing.

That eel grass sucks this time of year. When I come across it its a bummer. The best I can say is keep moving until there is less of it in front of you. Fishing report, fished the ss this am from 5-7, notta.

Fished css near an inlet this morning. Skunk.
    Monty nice pics. The eel grass seems to be not as bad on the incoming tide but it has become a problem. I too will move when I run into a lot of it. There isn't much else you can do. Good luck.

Thanks for the report at least you tried.

Took the loooong ride and fished ocean side this morning 2:30-8:30.
    I'm definitely in mid-season form, my reflexes are like a rock.
    Missed the first 4 hits, then lost a blue. Also slipped on rocks and ended up on may @ss in the wash......very refreshing at 4:00 AM (good thing the wader belt was tight).
    Ended up with 5 blues between 25 and 33 inches on loaded Tsunami pencil and a SS popper between 6:15 and 8:30. Top water action was fun, most action was on long casts.
    Walked about a mile and half. Most of the water had weeds in close and water a bit murky. But where I ended up the water was crystal clear (amazing difference).

Awesome to hear about the big blues I think they have disappeared from new jersey. Party boats had all pee wees this week.

Nice report. Have been fishing SS and out east for the last few weeks. Nothing real big. A few bass to mid teens on moon tides. Very very slow season.

Ocean side this morning 2:00 to 8:00.
    Had a great time, lost a nice bass on a 7" weighted Tsunami eel around 3:45, lost another bass around 4:15 on a small metal lip (I am in serious mid-season form).
    Then Finally landed some schoolies up to around 28 inches.
    Ended up with 8 (3 on a Waverer, 2 on Super Strike Popper, 1 on Super Strike darter, a floating needle and white Hogy.
    Lots of action (mostly top water),easily lost 5 fish and missed a bunch of hits. All action was in two spots and all of it was in WHITE WATER.
    Wish I would have caught the first fish, but was a adrenalin rush with the strong run.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast