Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

All bass thats awesome! Nice job monty. Any blues in the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    All bass thats awesome! Nice job monty. Any blues in the mix?
    Last week it was all blues (5), this week it was the bass in the white water.
    Lots of fun both weeks.
    Last week I fell in backwards, this week I fell in forwards.....its treacherous.....and I'm clumsy.
    Next week should be interesting....hopefully its not no fish and no falling.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice going sounds fantastic. Almost a dream compared to NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Stay tuned folks....the next episode of Monty's Whitewater adventures might have Monty, JBarbosa, and I out there in wetsuits looking to see if there are any great white sharks cruising beyond the white water breakers of the south shore.

You put in a lot of weekends fishing different water, pal.
    More effort than most would want to...and it finally paid off.....
    Great stories and report....glad to hear ya found some fish....

Guys don't do it I would be careful if I were you these sharks are no joke! They closed Jones last week cause of a shark past the breakers.
    http://patch.com/new-york/wantagh/sh...ed-jones-beach

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Last week it was all blues (5), this week it was the bass in the white water.
    Lots of fun both weeks.
    Last week I fell in backwards, this week I fell in forwards.....its treacherous.....and I'm clumsy.
    I've ruined two phones falling in.

Think of it this way at least this time of year it probably felt great!

Good job. I have slacked off because of the weed in the surf. Some friends are doing well in the rips at night out east.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Stay tuned folks....the next episode of Monty's Whitewater adventures might have Monty, JBarbosa, and I out there in wetsuits looking to see if there are any great white sharks cruising beyond the white water breakers of the south shore.

You put in a lot of weekends fishing different water, pal.
    More effort than most would want to...and it finally paid off.....
    Great stories and report....glad to hear ya found some fish....

You guys want to wet suit it go to cuttyhunk in august. More rocks than you can walk on for the rest of your lives. The bite has dropped out there from what it used to be. The tackle shop owner in the video says it's the bunker migration and fish are moving differently. Thinking about the migration and how the fish move through the canal that doesn't make sense. They have to pass the island every spring and fall. I haven't been there in about 5 or 6 years. I do remember some good times about 10 years ago. 20-30 fish a night high teens and better. This SJ video gives you a little flavor. enjoy.

btw monty nice reports. There are a few fish around here and there. I have been fishing some of the inlets on the right tides. Really have to try to plan to avoid the weed. Good work on your part though.

Holy moly that is an awesome video thanks for sharing. Nice work on the bass to monty.

Fished this morning with a friend ocean side out east 2:30-9:30.
    Around 3:30 I picked up a 31 inch bass on a Tsunami weighted eel. Then no action until around 6:30 picked up a blue on a Wally floating needle ~6 pounds.
    My friend found some bass in a cove on small bait and got one on a white teaser, then i picked up 3 (2 on that olive /white needle and the other on the Waverer), they were between 20 and 28 inches. He picked up a 26 inch bass out of the white water on a white teaser around 8:00.
    Great time, and I took my weekly tumble in the water (refreshing), covered over a mile and half of water.

Good day by todays standards
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Nice going monty. what is a wally floating needle if I could ask?

Nice going monty. what is a wally floating needle if I could ask?
    Thanks.
    Its a 6" 1 1/4 oz floating needle (olive/white under belly).
    Casts nice.
    I give it a twitch and slow retrieve.
    Strikes were explosive.

Back out east, fished 2:30-8:00 this morning.
    A bit weedy, but very fishable, nice night.
    Missed a hit on a 5 1/2" Hell Cat around 3:45 then caught a Bass on a loaded gold/black red fin, around 28 inches.
    Then around 6:15 picked up a bass around 22/24 inches on the RM Smith Waverer.
    30 Minutes later hooked into a Bass on a Surf Asylum Darter lost it as was getting close to landing.....not close enough.
    First time for me in a wet suit
    If you hear of a seal flopping around out east, it was more than likely me.
    Worked out well, my last two trips out there I was percolating in my waders. The wet suit kept the overheating down, moving around a bit easier. Covered 1 1/2 miles of shore.
    Fun time out there.

I knew he would be wet suiting it should have bet money on that one..Here comes skishing....
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Nice report. Noticed a lot of smaller bait in the summer. Is that part of the strategy of using the 5 1/2" and smaller plugs? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I knew he would be wet suiting it should have bet money on that one..Here comes skishing....

LOL. I'm lovin the buoyancy

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    Nice report. Noticed a lot of smaller bait in the summer. Is that part of the strategy of using the 5 1/2" and smaller plugs? thanks
    Kinda, the larger plugs were not getting any action so rotated to smaller.
    I was there 2 weeks ago and there was small bait around, my friend caught a couple bass on teasers (I am not using teasers this year (at least planning on not using them)).
    So I just rotated to small plugs this trip and after the Hell Cat got the hit I went to the small black/gold Red Fin which is likely my most productive plug over the year.
    I don't fish it often enough and it gets action.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Nice report. Monty you were wetsuiting with all the rocks? Do you swim or wade when you get out there? do you skish as well?

Nice report. Monty you were wetsuiting with all the rocks? Do you swim or wade when you get out there? do you skish as well?
    I wade out a bit in spots, will jump up on a rock (sometimes), Would never skish, don't have the canucks to do that.
    The wet suit actually kept me cooler on this trip, waders were hot on the recent trips. Between walking to a spot and back I do 3-4 miles and tend to get hot and don't want to get dehydrated, can only carry so much water.
    The wetsuit also made it easier wading out and taking a wave. I'm liking it. And....this is all new to me so I'm just winging it out there.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast