Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    Here's a small tip - bring your combat gear.
    yeah you have to be careful with the crowds. Try to pick a spot far from the wolf packs. One thing about this time of year and good striper fishing. The buzzing mosquitoes and the flies are gone. So are the bennies. They get replaced by annoying guy who casts over your line, annoying guy who runs to take your spot when you turn to unhook a fish, or annoying guy who just won't shut up and has to ask a million questions instead of paying attention and casting. That's the price you pay when the fishing is good.

I have been under the weather and not feeling well. Got out last night CSS. Managed a few to 13# on bottle plugs. The bite was better a few nights ago but that's how it goes. Good luck out there. Lots of sandeels around.

Nice going! I fished the ss this morning from 5-6:30. One runt on buck and pork.

Fellas try to fish in the dark and you may run into some nicer fish. SS from 2-6am today. 2 small striped ones, 2 keepers, one at 34" the other at 36". I was fishing a darter with a tube teaser. Both keepers took the teaser. The smaller ones hit the darter. All released.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBuddah View Post
    I have been under the weather and not feeling well. Got out last night CSS. Managed a few to 13# on bottle plugs. The bite was better a few nights ago but that's how it goes. Good luck out there. Lots of sandeels around.
    Congrats. Same for me. Fished thur night and only got one short and a few shad.

Good job and thanks for the advice!

Fished SS this AM from 12:30-9:30.
    Around 1:00 picked up 2 bass around 27 and 30 inches on a black teaser.
    Then around 6:00 a short bass on an olive salty needle. Lost 2 fish and a bunch of bumps.
    Was ridiculously calm. Nice fun night, fished new area for me.
    Also 2 skates on plugs fished on bottom and a tarpon on the teaser.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

When you say tarpon on the teaser are you talking about shad? had a few of those tonight but no stripes.

Nice job on the bass. I fished the css this am and couldn't catch a striper to save my life. 6-10am threw everything with teaser included. Got some acrobatic hickory shad and one weakfish on the teasers.

Quote Originally Posted by VSdreams View Post
    When you say tarpon on the teaser are you talking about shad? had a few of those tonight but no stripes.

I don't want to speak out of place for the guy but I'm thinking he was catching the hickories. They sometimes jump when you catch them. Had 2 jump on me this morning it was kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by VSdreams View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    I don't want to speak out of place for the guy but I'm thinking he was catching the hickories. They sometimes jump when you catch them. Had 2 jump on me this morning it was kinda cool.
    Yup, Shad (Jersey Tarpon)

Fished this morning CSS 1:30 to 9:30.
    Perfect fishing conditions.
    Lost a nicer fish at 2:30 on SS Bottle, 3:00 a short bass on SS Bottle, 4:00 a 28 inch Bass on Big Fischer Darter.
    Between 6:00 and 8:00 two shorts and a 33 inch bass on 6" rubber shad, few more hits and lost a fish.
    Also 2 skates and a 14 inch Fluke.
    Saw happy bunker, sand eels and rain bait.
    Was a fun time.

Way to go

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Perfect fishing conditions.

Was a fun time.
    What, nothing about the constant 20mph SW wind and the frothy white water in front of ya?
    Those conditions kept a lot of people home last night......and didn't stop ya for one second.....
    I know how bad you miss that white water, pal......I was drooling when you were describing the conditions to me.....
    (yep even an ACF can drool every now and then)
    Sounds like a great trip.....glad ya had fun......

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Way to go
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    What, nothing about the constant 20mph SW wind and the frothy white water in front of ya?
    Sounds like a great trip.....glad ya had fun......
    I said it was perfect fishing conditions. Always a good time out there, weather like this just adds to the experience.

Fished the ss this morning. Great out there. Was a little crowded so I made a move. Found some bait in a pocket and had fun with the runts. Was hoping for a larger one but you have to take it as it comes. 4 to 24" all on the bottle plug. missed a few more.

SS this morning from 1:30 - 9:30, fished with a friend.
    We had a great time, I picked up 17 bass mostly between 22" and 27", with 1 at 28 inches and another at 34 inches (kept 34" for the table (1 a year....at most for me)).
    Most caught on 7" rubber shads, SS Darter and bucktail/pork. But also a couple on a teaser, 1 on SS popper, jointed bomber, HH metal lip.
    My friend also caught in double digits. We each had a small blue and he got 3 nice Fluke.
    We were lucky, alone until around 4:00 then one or two guys around.
    Lost a few, missed hits....loads of fun, not a lot of size, but the action was great, spread out over the whole trip mostly.

Great catching Monty 4.0

Lost a nicer fish at 2:30 on SS Bottle, 3:00 a short bass on SS Bottle, 4:00 a 28 inch Bass on Big Fischer Darter.
    Between 6:00 and 8:00 two shorts and a 33 inch bass on 6" rubber shad, few more hits and lost a fish.
    SS this morning from 1:30 - 9:30, fished with a friend.
    We had a great time, I picked up 17 bass mostly between 22" and 27", with 1 at 28 inches and another at 34 inches (kept 34" for the table (1 a year....at most for me)).
    My friend also caught in double digits. We each had a small blue and he got 3 nice Fluke.
    We were lucky, alone until around 4:00 then one or two guys around.
    Lost a few, missed hits....loads of fun, not a lot of size, but the action was great, spread out over the whole trip mostly.
    Wow in comparing the 2 trips it looks like you ran into the mother load this time! Super job, great job on the catching! Send some of those bass to NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Great catching Monty 4.0

What does monty 4.0 mean? Nice job on the stripers, btw.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast