Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Long Island Fishing Reports Thread

17 bass you crushed it! way to go! I got out this morning and it was a little windy. Managed 2 short stripers. Pig and jig. Nice sunrise out there. Did not see a lot of fish caught.

Nice going monty outstanding report. Fished the css last night, one runt bucktailing before sunset.

I barely escaped the skunk as well. Went out east this morning thinking the change in weather would stir things up. 2 blues on poppers at dawn. Water was so amazing looking. Couldn't catch a bass to save my life. I just posted the vikings reports in another thread so I guess it's not just me. Hope some of you fellas are doing better.

You know the old saying, never leave fish to find fish. Decent amount of sandeels right now no need to go East. btw nice report monty.

Yeah I just figured with the weather change it would be game on, sometimes it is. If you don't go you read the next morning how it was on fire. So I had to try. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    17 bass you crushed it! way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    Nice going monty outstanding report. Fished the css last night, one runt bucktailing before sunset.
    Thanks guys, I had likely my best trip this AM, fished from 1:00 to 8:30 CSS.
    7 bass total, 4 shorts and 3 that were close to 32 inches, 35 inches and 40 inches. The two larger ones were on Big Fischer Mega Darters. I then lost a Bass that I am pretty sure was bigger, made a run that was stronger and longer than the largest bass. Had it close, just could not get it in close enough to get on a wave. Never saw it.
    Most of the action was between 1:30 and 5:00, lost a couple other fish and easily missed 15+ hits.
    1 Bass on bucktail and pork, 4 bass on SS Darters and the other 2 on the Big Fischer Darters.
    Was all alone when the action was the best (most of the trip), one bass caught after sun up.
    All fished released.
    This finishes my vacation (fished 4x in 8 days (7 1/2 hours to 9 hours per trip)). Was incredibly fun and I was incredibly lucky to have the action I did (Thank you LI).

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice striper dood! Looks like a fat pig!

Well done.

Awesome job on the stripers monty!

Back to the css again. Picked a short fat striper on the bt and a few shads on the teaser. Right around sunrise. btw the sunrise this morning was awesome where I was. The fishing not so much. monty you are really racking them up- nice striper! Might try to fish tonight for some bigger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    What does monty 4.0 mean? Nice job on the stripers, btw.
    That's Monty 2.0 on vacation with a Costco sized pack of Redbull and 5-Hour Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Thanks guys, I had likely my best trip this AM, fished from 1:00 to 8:30 CSS.
    7 bass total, 4 shorts and 3 that were close to 32 inches, 35 inches and 40 inches. The two larger ones were on Big Fischer Mega Darters. I then lost a Bass that I am pretty sure was bigger, made a run that was stronger and longer than the largest bass. Had it close, just could not get it in close enough to get on a wave. Never saw it.
    Most of the action was between 1:30 and 5:00, lost a couple other fish and easily missed 15+ hits.
    1 Bass on bucktail and pork, 4 bass on SS Darters and the other 2 on the Big Fischer Darters.
    Was all alone when the action was the best (most of the trip), one bass caught after sun up.
    All fished released.
    This finishes my vacation (fished 4x in 8 days (7 1/2 hours to 9 hours per trip)). Was incredibly fun and I was incredibly lucky to have the action I did (Thank you LI).

That is a beautiful fish!

Haha so the energy drink is his secret weapon! Just kidding. beautiful striper Monty and nice going on the releases of those giant fish. That one is really fat.

css from 5-7:30. water a little foamy and not that clean. Managed one short striper on diamond jig with green tail. I really hope the storm didn't ruin the great fishing.

CSS Sunday 1 am to 10 am (11 hours).
    My friend picked up 3 short bass on teasers and 6 fluke. I caught 1 short bass on ss needle, 2 fluke and a shad.
    All bass between 1 and 2:30 am.
    Good time, awesome looking water.

Big bluefish caught and released 25 lbs. South shore Long Island photo by SJ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12195918_10153746033033421_3394113657949121165_n.jpg  
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

That is impressive thanks for sharing. Hope some of them hit NJ.

Fished the ss last night from 9-2. Low water and I kept moving. Got one runt on a bucktail. Then as I was going to leave I got a massive hit on the bucktail. Pulled drag like a trophy bass or bluefish. I was just not paying attention and after a nice bunch of drag pulled out he got off. So pissed off right now. Oh well thats the breaks. Nice night out there.
    Wow that bluefish is a monster. Biggest one I ever seen from the surf!

Fished SS this morning 1:00 - 7:00.
    Area I wanted to fish the lot was closed. Nice morning, cooled off.
    1 bump, when sun came up beach was full of casters, did not see a bent rod.
    Did see an enormous amount of dead dog fish. Some people just plain out suck.
    I complain about most boaters being inconsiderate, stupid, unsafe, selfish, etc., but I guess its just a lot of people all over that just don't have respect for anything.
    Crazy bright flash on South Western sky just before sun-up, triple flash maybe, it up everything. Weird.

rumor has it the fish were east of you on my favorite beach.Should be headed your way if they come into the beach and don't stay offshore.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I hope so, gents. A buddy told me they are stacked up in the GSB as well.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast