Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Trips and Fishing Reports 2015

Hit the Delaware river on the yak yesterday. Nothing for me just a good workout! Especially now that I stopped taking Lipitor. I feel like a million bucks!

fished barny bay behind the lighthouse in the yak. I picked up a couple bunker to soak while I bucktailed and through other various lures. Water temp was 47 degrees. I paddled around and found a nice drop off by a buoy. I marked small pods of fish there and tried to anchor as close as I could but the current kept pulling me of anchor so I had to let more anchor line out to hold and then I was kind of too far. I threw bunker at them and bucktails with pork. No takers. I moved up towards a sand bar in towards the inlet because the current was causing a rip. Figured that would be a good ambush spot for predators so I went that way and did not mark any fish. Something caught my eye on the sandbar, a large dark mass. Went over to check it out, it was moving so I knew it was something. Large school of baitfish? couple of stingrays perhaps. I paddled over to it and was completely on top of it in 3.4 feet of water and that's when I saw its huge tail. Sand shark. Oh about 5 to 8 feet long. It did not seem to care about me but I did not want to give it a chance to so I got out of there.

went over to sege island - wind picked up then it was a fight to beat the wind and current to get back to where I launched. took me a long time. I ended up beaching towards the tip of the dike and wheeling my kayak all the way back.

It was a great workout I can say that!

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    went over to sege island - wind picked up then it was a fight to beat the wind and current to get back to where I launched. took me a long time. I ended up beaching towards the tip of the dike and wheeling my kayak all the way back.

It was a great workout I can say that!
    Wow sounds better than cardio! Thanks for the report must of been great to go by that sand shark and you didn't spook it either.

^^^^^ The shark spooked me LOL! I actually still can't believe I was a foot or so from his head. As soon as I realized it was a shark I started paddling. Not franticly but with some urgency to get out of there. I looked back to see if he was following me but he could care less.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150425_142236.jpg  

Eli's report from April 25....
    (Note that he doesn't give up...he was out on April 23 and didn't do that great...only a few small fish...
    That didn't deter him, and 2 days later he ran into some nice fish.....he also reports that the bluefish are all over on the flats where he was...lost a lot of rubber to them)

All pics and report courtesy of Eli...

[His Report...
    Fished Raritan yesterday, jigging-casting-and trolling 6" paddletail shads accounted for about 15 fish into the mid thirty inch range. Bottom of the outgoing produced best, all fish released.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4-25 E2.jpg   4-25 E1.jpg  

Hey you guys should check this out. Eliasv just posted on youtube. I don't know a lot about kyaking but he is the man. I have been following his reports for years. He is always on the fish.

My brother was ******** himself on the kayak yesterday. Had a seal that was hanging around him for a little while.

Nice going JB.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Nice going JB.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    What he said. Very nice.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

NICE! If I could ask what is that black plug near the fishs mouth in the first pic? Thanks for sharing.

Nice going guys. Really have to get a kayak one of these days. Seems like it's so much easier to find them that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Nice going guys. Really have to get a kayak one of these days. Seems like it's so much easier to find them that way.

It is a lot easier. Its fishing from a small boat. Fun I guess.
    Nothing wrong with it, just that the fish don't count.

Eli has caught some real nice fish.
    JB, great pics, also curious what that plug is.

Edit: Just saw another JB Kayak Bass, REAL Nice, hope he posts it.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Wow good job fellas. Looks like the northern bays are on fire now.

Wow just wow. Started the day off at 7am in barney. The water was as flat as glass. I heard alot of hooting and hollaring while i was getting ready. My buddy Mikey was late so i went ahead. I paddled out towards the hollering and notice hundreds upon hundreds if tails sticking out of the water. I was in 6 feet of water so that made it even stranger. I realized pretty quickly they were blues and it was on fir 2 hours straight. I even got 4 of em on my flyrod. Was great fun.
    Paddled around to stay on them but lost them once the wind picked up. Caught some more trolling and called it a day.
    Snallest fish was 6 or 7 lbs buggest had ti go 12lbs.
    I cant upload pics from my phone will do later.

Wow just wow. Started the day off at 7am in barney. The water was as flat as glass. I heard alot of hooting and hollaring while i was getting ready. My buddy Mikey was late so i went ahead. I paddled out towards the hollering and notice hundreds upon hundreds if tails sticking out of the water. I was in 6 feet of water so that made it even stranger.
    Awesome report for once the BB is kicking butt on the RB!

nice fish gents.

I will post the pics in fishing reports.

Pics from yesterday's battle royale with them fat blue fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150503_072507.jpg   20150503_074349.jpg  

20150503_090322.jpg  

Wow just wow. Started the day off at 7am in barney. The water was as flat as glass. I heard alot of hooting and hollaring while i was getting ready. My buddy Mikey was late so i went ahead. I paddled out towards the hollering and notice hundreds upon hundreds if tails sticking out of the water. I was in 6 feet of water so that made it even stranger. I realized pretty quickly they were blues and it was on fir 2 hours straight. I even got 4 of em on my flyrod. Was great fun.
    Paddled around to stay on them but lost them once the wind picked up. Caught some more trolling and called it a day.
    I cant upload pics from my phone will do later.
    Nice, to me nothing is more fun than an endless supply of big angry bluefish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast