fished barny bay behind the lighthouse in the yak. I picked up a couple bunker to soak while I bucktailed and through other various lures. Water temp was 47 degrees. I paddled around and found a nice drop off by a buoy. I marked small pods of fish there and tried to anchor as close as I could but the current kept pulling me of anchor so I had to let more anchor line out to hold and then I was kind of too far. I threw bunker at them and bucktails with pork. No takers. I moved up towards a sand bar in towards the inlet because the current was causing a rip. Figured that would be a good ambush spot for predators so I went that way and did not mark any fish. Something caught my eye on the sandbar, a large dark mass. Went over to check it out, it was moving so I knew it was something. Large school of baitfish? couple of stingrays perhaps. I paddled over to it and was completely on top of it in 3.4 feet of water and that's when I saw its huge tail. Sand shark. Oh about 5 to 8 feet long. It did not seem to care about me but I did not want to give it a chance to so I got out of there.

went over to sege island - wind picked up then it was a fight to beat the wind and current to get back to where I launched. took me a long time. I ended up beaching towards the tip of the dike and wheeling my kayak all the way back.

It was a great workout I can say that!