Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2015 - www.StripersAndAnglers.com

lol awesome reports and commentary gents! News bulletin- the blues have invaded the north! the blues have invaded the north. Run for your lives! Was out yesterday and got a bunch right before dark on white pencil popper. lordy are they really big and strong.

Like the martians in war of the worlds lol.

Old habits never die- i was out looking for Weakfish as its first week of May even though I know its not what it used to be, I did drop one at my feet, 4lb class but i had to cast 4 hours for one hit, not much pay off in it right now.

Nice try! I think i have seen some of your weakfish videos on youtube. Is your name on there sharkhart as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Nice job cowhearder...Friend of mine went out last night had them non stop up to 38+in...Crazy like you said how many people are into blues!! He said there were a bunch lying on the beach...Its also crazy how much these people have no respect for anything!! I no its bluefish but there is no reason to catch it and not throw it back...Come on at least take it home for the garden if not anything else...Or just be a normal person and THROW IT BACK!!!
    Thank you for compliment and the same to you.
    x2 some people have no respect at all. The same thing happens with the skates and sea robins. They leave them on the beach to rot and die. Total A-HOLES!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Thank you for compliment and the same to you.
    x2 some people have no respect at all. The same thing happens with the skates and sea robins. They leave them on the beach to rot and die. Total A-HOLES!!!!!!!!!
    What he ^^^^said

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished moco this morning at sunrise. Light east wind good conditions. Picked up 2 short bass on bucktail with white grub.

Got into bluefish for 4 hours straight yesterday until the sun went down....could have got them after that but my arms weren't cooperating.

Epic bluefishing...my friend went 21 casts straight with a hookup each cast until he got cut off.

Topwater poppers and JB tins were red hot!!!

^^^^ 21 blues in 21 casts they must of been on a rampage! Nice work thanks for the report will be fishing for them this weekend.

Awesome reports gents. Might try to drive up there on Sat. Hope they r still around.

Good bluefish last night in the bay. White poppers.

got into some blues this morning ocean county front 5-7. They were hitting 3-ounce crocodiles.

Me and fishjay fished ocean county out front from 11:30 am to 7:30 pm and caught bluefish up to 15 pounds. Way to many to count. Fished the first spot till 4:00 pm with non stop action on metal and poppers. No visible bait, but fish were spitting up bunker. Went to a second spot and fished a sand bar by ourselves and had a hook-up every cast for two solid hours. There were bunker everywhere beaching themselves. When the tide forced us off the sand bar we fished a nearby cut and still had a steady pick of bluefish and even managed a bass apiece before we quit.

Fished last night 730-12am...Slower than i expected..Did avoid the skunk with 1 10 lb blue but while unhooking him i went to step on him to calm it down and he did a bluefish ninja jump and put a treble right into my waders ....I was glad it didnt make it into my leg or my hand but i was soaked for the rest of the night (of course it happened with in the first 30 mins i was out there)...After that not much action did have 1 other good whack and saw 2 smaller bass picked up by another guy..Waders are going back to Bean today!

Nice going fishrich. Had the same results yesterday lots of big angry blues. They were there without showing. Nice year for blues in ocean county so far. Would like a few more bass too but Ill take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    and he did a bluefish ninja jump and put a treble right into my waders ....I was glad it didnt make it into my leg or my hand but i was soaked for the rest of the night (of course it happened with in the first 30 mins i was out there!
    Had that happen to me a few times. Could have been worse at least you didn't stick yourself. Thank god for the warranty.

nice going guys. blazing you could have failed epically. You could have had that fish near your crotch when unhooking. Big mistake that I made one time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Had that happen to me a few times. Could have been worse at least you didn't stick yourself. Thank god for the warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    nice going guys. blazing you could have failed epically. You could have had that fish near your crotch when unhooking. Big mistake that I made one time lol.
    I no Jigfreak thats what i was thinking i was pissed i got wet but i was real happy it wasnt impaled in my leg!!! And yes THANK GOD for the warranty...Called today and sent out my old ones new waders should be here by wednesday!

Hahaha...Now that would have really mad the night SUCK!!!...I never trust the blues and there is no way they are getting any where near my family jewels area!!! lol

went out to a certain inlet that I knew the blues would be at. Cast a 1.5oz bucktail with #70 pork as far as I could, let it drop to the bottom and bam fish on. I thought it was a big skate because it seemed to just hug the bottom. I could not budge it. After a little bit of tugging I got the fish to move....hmm, maybe its a bass, it isn't fighting like a blue. took a little while until I could see it and it turned out to be a big blue in the mid teen range. I ended up breaking my St Croix rod on him and lost hi m on the rocks in front of me.
    I gave a bucktail to my buddy and coached him into a fish. When he brought his up it looked half the size of mine, his turned out to be about 26 inches and about 10lbs. I know mine was not 40 something inches but mine was definitely fatter and a little longer. I was also using heavier gear and had trouble moving the fish.
    Ended up stopping and buying a new rod. One fish for today and back home to do mothers day.

Nice report rob I enjoyed reading it until I heard you broke your rod. Early season blues will stay deep until you start moving them up. Often it seems like you have a bass on until they get close to the surface and all hell breaks loose. Sorry to hear that hope it was under warranty.
    I was out in moco this morning. Lots of fog and not many fishermen. A few other gentlemen and I enjoyed reeling in quite a few large bluefish in the teens. Ended up with 2 short bass to put the icing on the cake. All on bucktail and pork rind. Happy mothers day to all the moms and families out there.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast