Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2015 - www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Thats awesome I found a petrified sturgeon on the beach last year. Check the dead things thread.

Yeah I remember that very cool find.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    South wind blows big time. That's all I have to say.
    Good luck on the weekend gents. I think I'm done till tuesday.
    i experienced the same thing today. Skunk ola with the south wind. Rarely fish the day time but high tide was at like 2pm. South wind Sucks!

Went back last night to fish and moved the location a bit. From dark till 10 pm got into some good bluefish bites. Mag darter. No bass for me but still a lot of fun. They were really crushing those plugs though the bite was sporadic. Quite a few guys lost plugs. You can't fish for these fish with 20 lb leaders gents. They will slice through that like butter.

Fished OC from 4-6am this morning with pencil popper before there were too many people on the beach. Got one striper 27" and 3 nice blues up to 8lbs. They really wanted that popper and it was fun to see them jump out of the water to get it. Once the sun hit the horizon it was over. Good luck to everyone and happy memorial day!

Well I am at sandy hook with the family today. Hearing of guys catching fish on poppers I tried it for a bit this morning. The ocean was nice and flat and there was no signs of life. Nothing for me. I saw some other guys fishing bait and all they got was skates. I think I will bring my pole out later on and try my luck again. Happy memorial day to everyone as well.

Cape May from 4:30 to 7:30. Reports of big bass in the surf but I couldn't find one to save my life. Got a few skates and dogfish. fresh bunker and clams. Go figure.

moco this afternoon. Very windy and hard to cast out. didn't see much fishing going on. Gave up after an hour. Tight lines guys.

Thursday and friday night then boat saturday afternoon made me sick and sore since then but a few at night , had to really work for them, then the bunker fields didnt really have a bite going on sat off Ortley, so we dropped spoons and lost two serious, we had a mishap with the boat in gear too long and the second fish nearly spooled me before breaking off Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2099.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	19377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2112.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	19378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2129.jpg 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	19379

Nice! Those are some fat looking bass.
    love the bunker school pic also. What did you catch those fish on at night if you don't mind my asking?

Good going sharkhart. I fished moco this morning. Water was very cold. I think the S wind the last few days shut the surf bite down for a bit until the sun comes on strong for a day or 2. Nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Nice! Those are some fat looking bass.
    love the bunker school pic also. What did you catch those fish on at night if you don't mind my asking?

Daiwa SP Minnows have been the main stay, darter if the current gets going. the night of my hot bite last week I finally did well with bunker type metal lip swimmers which I never catch fish on, but it became clear they were in trough and other lures were dragging.

One more pic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF85C60FAB6A746.jpg 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	19382

Nice stripers you got there sharkhart! Fished nomoco last night from 8-11. Picked at some nice blues. Medium sized. Black magdarter.

Went to SH last night and they closed north beach for the plovers again. Went a little further south. It was windy and I got the skunk. I hate those plovers so bad.

Fished moco this morning from 4-6. Pretty decent waves and water no fish for me.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678